• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Footage of Roy and Ryu Found In Leak!

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Marth Simulator 2k15

(Please tell me they changed up his move-set ;-; )
Did you watch the video? Roy certainly has a different vibe to him. He looks faster and more powerful. HYPE Finally a cool swordsman that's not unbearably slow and unquestionably male!!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Roy, our boy, has come back and Ryu has arrived to be able to kick some ***. Super excited.

Also. Little Mac vs Ryu. This can finally happen!!

LunarNinja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ask Me First
Honestly, I'd like to say it's because of someone in Nintendo Japan screwed up.
They released the Smash Wii U update early which gave a data miner enough to take out the assets. That being said, it was stupid for Namco Bandai to even release an update with assets for future content, it's this waiting to happen.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
UUUUGGGHHHHHH......I am so done with this freaking game. Ryu I am fine with. (Classic character from gaming history) Roy on the other hand, I am tired of the same **** type of characters from the FE Series. I'm just waiting to see if they are ever going to add some legitimately unique characters.
No one ever said that you need to buy the characters though. If you don't like Fire Emblem Roy, just don't purchase him.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I hate the fact that this was spoiled but man am I excited for both of them. I really wanted Roy back and Ryu looks really cool.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Oh, look. The inferior Marth that's gonna be bad since he'll probably have Marth's current frame data.

Ryu looks interesting, though.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104

THIS IS HOW I'M GONNA HANDLE ALL THE HATERS

YALL A BUNCH OF TURKEYS

ARE BOY

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
D R O P P E D
D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Thanks for the 3 Marths!

Melee enthusiasts and whoever bandwagoned with them ruined a once fine roster.

Also let's not forget the epic "Roy's our Boy" meme

XDDDDDDDD

F*ck this. I'm not buying him. Hell ****ing no.

Ryu I'm fine with. Roy sucks.

Last edited:

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
YO, I'M MORE EXCITED FOR THE ZERO MII COSTUME THAT WAS LEAKED!!! AS FAR AS I KNOW, I'M THE ONLY GUY WHO REQUESTED THAT IN THE BALLOT, SO I KINDA FEEL SPECIAL, RIGHT NOW!!! :'D

**** IT IM MAINING SWORD MII HANDS DOWN !!!! SAKURAI BUFFF SWORD MIII PLEASEE MAKE OP LIKE BRAWL META KNIGHT !!!

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
That's why King K. Rool and Dixie Kong are also gonna be DLC... Right?

I was planning on adding Lucas to my secondaries and now I have no idea if I want to main/secondary Roy or Ryu... I guess I'll have to wait until I get back home.

& im Considering Ryu to be My 3rd Main as wel..... but u kno what ur gonna see on FG ENDLESS ROYS BEYOND AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE ... LOL.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Fire Emblem Roy vs. Roy Koopa. I think Fire Emblem Roy has had enough of Roy Koopa hogging all the Fire Emblem representation screenshots out there.

Mr Kleinlich

Smash Rookie
Roy has a Marth alt just for more clones. Oh and Ryu has a Dan recolor but no Ken? MORE CLONES MORE CLONES MORE CLONES MORE CLONES STARWARS UP IN HERE!
(I'm not hating on clones though I voted for Roy in the ballet)

Attachments

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ryu will SO be my new main!

And while it's awesome to have Roy back, I find it weird that Fire Emblem has 5 reps, and a series like Donkey Kong has 2...
I thought Fire Emblem was over-repped with 4. Now there's 5, and from what little we've seen, he's still a Marth clone. Damnit....

Well, I was wrong. Roy and Ryu are back, and you know what? I ain't even mad. Roy looks great in HD (but still.....too many FE characters...) and Ryu looks badass too (though....I still think it's stupid to advertise a character who's newest game isn't gonna be on your console....unless of course they decide to announce Street Fighter V coming to Wii U)

Acryte

Smash Ace
#inb4JwongwinsEVO

Also.. I feel you Keyblade.. no Dixie/K rool love? They'd be more original characters that's for sure.

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
For all the people complaining about too many FE reps, I have a solution.

Remove Robin

:troll:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Quoting this post so it can be more highlighted.
Both have a Counter?! Also, Roy looks pretty different this time. Like, his moves still seem to be the same as Marth's, but they certainly don't look like they work the same way. Is that the Melee Shield Breaker?

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Quoting this post so it can be more highlighted.
Both have a Counter?! Also, Roy looks pretty different this time. Like, his moves still seem to be the same as Marth's, but they certainly don't look like they work the same way. Is that the Melee Shield Breaker?
nah that's FLARE BLADE

HYPE

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Ryu looks freaking awesome! I always wondered how Ryu's Focus Attack could possibly be integrated into Smash Bros. It's probably a smash attack by the looks of it. He even gets his own stage too? Even more badass. I just can't believe it, man. Ryu, the original fighting game protagonist and one of my absolute favourite video game characters of all time, is in Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS. It's insane. Too much hype to handle, man.

Ryu looks like he isn't changed much from his home series, as it even looks like he has exclusive ducking combos and everything, a Smash Bros first. He's definitely shaping up to be a very technical fighter like in his own series, which is great.

I don't care much for Roy, but he also looks cool in this game. We now have three veterans who skipped Brawl that are returning.

It would have been so much cooler if these two characters were revealed when they were supposed to instead of being goddamned leaked. Deja vu.

NoMarthLeftBehind

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3979-7704
Wait, am I the only one who saw Falco get roasted?
No.

I thought Fire Emblem was over-repped with 4. Now there's 5, and from what little we've seen, he's still a Marth clone. Damnit....

Well, I was wrong. Roy and Ryu are back, and you know what? I ain't even mad. Roy looks great in HD (but still.....too many FE characters...) and Ryu looks badass too (though....I still think it's stupid to advertise a character who's newest game isn't gonna be on your console....unless of course they decide to announce Street Fighter V coming to Wii U)
Mario's series is much more overepped. FE has 14 games with different characters for most of them, not including sequels/remakes. You could pick any single character and get a moveset. That doesn't mean that we need Marth clones, but FE just isn't overepped when there are at least 50, fully fleshed out characters that all have 3-4 conversations with eachother that flesh out their character.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The hype for both guys is real. Even though Roy isn't my favorite FE lord, I will still be playing him.

But damn, some of these comments right now:

Last edited:

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
To all the people who are salty that Roy is back need to realize a two things:
1. Roy is fan favorite especially in Japan. He was basically a given to make it in to Smash 4 as DLC. Doesn't matter that he sucked in melee and the other games he featured in when people love his regardless.They are other Nintendo characters who have sucked in their games but they are fan favorites in smash as well as well.
2. The argument that there are too many swordsmen is irrelevant because they are still way more people in smash that fight with their fists and all the swordsmen play completely different anyways. Hell, even in melee Roy played nothing like Marth despite having the exact same moves. Judging by the Roy victory trailer, he'll most likely be a semi-clone and have moves completely different than Marth anyways.
People should be happy we have more characters to play as anyways. I'm interested to see how Roy will play in this smash 4 environment.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Actually Roy does look Cloney... Hopefully his stats have been changed. I love Roy. He was one of the coolest characters in Melee (cool, not good) so I was obviously hoping he would be revamped a little... But apparently veterans aren't getting a reboot. Please let Roy's aerial game be better! And why not projectile ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No.

Mario's series is much more overepped. FE has 14 games with different characters for most of them, not including sequels/remakes. You could pick any single character and get a moveset. That doesn't mean that we need Marth clones, but FE just isn't overepped when there are at least 50, fully fleshed out characters that all have 3-4 conversations with eachother that flesh out their character.
That's sarcasm right there. Fire Emblem is overrepped when you place it next to true all-star series. It's gotten as many as Zelda, one behind Pokemon, and two behind Mario, whereas really large series like Kirby, DK, and Metroid only get 2 or 3. Honestly, Fire Emblem should've gotten lower priority. Just Roy/Robin would've been fine, but no, now we've got two Marth clones.

At least Roy looks cooler than Lucina.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
That's sarcasm right there. Fire Emblem is overrepped when you place it next to true all-star series. It's gotten as many as Zelda, one behind Pokemon, and two behind Mario, whereas really large series like Kirby, DK, and Metroid only get 2 or 3. Honestly, Fire Emblem should've gotten lower priority. Just Roy/Robin would've been fine, but no, now we've got two Marth clones.

At least Roy looks cooler than Lucina.
"true all-star series"

you realize that FE does hold that status in Japan, right? Sometimes that's all it takes.

Also, it was a given that Roy was coming back as soon as Mewtwo was announced. With him topping the request polls, how is it any shock to anyone that he's back, especially as a veteran?

Last edited:
Top Bottom