• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Footage of Roy and Ryu Found In Leak!

Dan

Smash Lord
So the guy who leaked them said they're supposed to be released tomorrow? And Dream Land 64 is on the horizon...

Not sure when all of those costumes are coming out.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Oh Godd*mn it all to f*cking Hell, what the actual f*ck Really? Another motherf*cking leak? An accidental patch is released and this sh*t is all over the internet now. Urgh. Super Smash Bros. gets leaked more than every other game I swear…

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

"You scrubs didn't think I KNEW this would happen? Buckle up and have your toilet paper ready, kiddies 'cuz Daddy Sakurai's got a few tricks up his sleeve for E3."

Seriously; do you really think this would be all they'd have to present for Smash at E3? Pretty sure they have some things that are much more under wraps than this, and for all we know, this could be distracting us from that. If I recall, Roy/Ryu were discovered around the time Smash Ballot began, so their existence likely isn't because of the ballot. Soooooo, this means we can be seeing some Smash Ballot characters during E3 :D
Thank you for making my day :'D

Yes, I'm aware there's is going to have more then this but I hope there's really more Smash Ballot characters tomorow.
Don't make me sad Daddy Sakurai :') (I'll call him that from now on :'D)
But you're right, the two Rs were leaked even before the Smash Ballot... So it's not a real surprise...

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Why? Seriously, we have *five* Fire Emblem characters and 3 of them are going to play identically to one another. Why the hell didn't we get Chrom if we were just going to get another clone from a less significant Fire Emblem game? At least Dr. Mario has his Melee moveset, while Mario has FLUDD. Meanwhile, Donkey Kong and Star Fox only have two characters when they could easily have more.

And Ryu? Why is he here? He's iconic, but he has so little connection to Nintendo and is far weaker representation for Capcom.

I'm hoping that there are more characters who are more interesting than these two.

Last edited:

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man. It is what it is. The internet has changed the game completely. I just logged on FB and I saw this trending on the right hand side when I logged on. It seems the only way to avoid being spoiled is to simply stay off the internet. That said, I'm excited for both.

Dan

Smash Lord
Why? Seriously, we have *five* Fire Emblem characters and 3 of them are going to play identically to one another. At least Dr. Mario has his Melee moveset, while Mario has FLUDD. Meanwhile, Donkey Kong and Star Fox only have two characters when they could easily have more.

And Ryu? Why is he here? He's iconic, but he has so little connection to Nintendo and is far weaker representation for Capcom.

I'm hoping that there are more characters who are more interesting than these two.
Liked for that section about Roy, Ryu is fine though, and surrounded by so much hype.

Whatever though; if Roy was easy to make, throw him in there I guess. This is odd though. Sakurai rarely goes by the popularity of a character, but by their uniqueness and ability to have an interesting and different moveset from the rest of the characters instead. He threw Lucas and Roy in there just to make fans happy, which is respectable, but I would have rather seen him throw Ridley and K. Rool in the initial roster as his way of wooing the fans instead.

Kwinston

Smash Cadet
NNID
KWINSTON
I'm just excited! I can't wait for them to be revealed! I just hope to God that they aren't release TOMORROW(They probably aren't). I don't have money on my Wii U for Lucas, Roy, AND Ryu!

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Why? Seriously, we have *five* Fire Emblem characters and 3 of them are going to play identically to one another. Why the hell didn't we get Chrom if we were just going to get another clone from a less significant Fire Emblem game? At least Dr. Mario has his Melee moveset, while Mario has FLUDD. Meanwhile, Donkey Kong and Star Fox only have two characters when they could easily have more.

To be honest, at this point, I think "Franchise limitations" went out of the window after Smash Ballot.

But yeah, other franchise deserves more reps. Let's hope for the Donkey Kong fans they get their almost-sure-to-appear King K Krool.

And Ryu, I dunno but I guess it shows that having a connection to Nintendo or not being a better candidate representation doesn't matter anymore. And maybe he's one of the "winners" of the Smash ballot !

We have more chance to get a character then before.
And we get to choose who to add in our rooster or not.
I love Nintendo :')

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
So will they recycle Roy Koopa annoucer and crowd clips for FE Roy or does he have his own? Also anyone have the announcer calls atm?
The sound files are leaked @RandomTBush on Twitter.

I haven't listened to them yet, but I would have to imagine they are different than Roy Koopa's.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
On the other hand we knew already and Ryu is awesome and Roy's awesome..

on the other...
I am so ****ing sick of leaks
god damn nerds desperate for notoriety leaking everything about E3
just keep it to yourselves and stop spoiling ****

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What tends to bug me about this stuff is that Roy is a Marth clone, and Lucina is a Marth clone herself. And of course, Roy is slower, with his sword dealing more damage at its center, and his air game is very awful when compared to all the other Melee veterans.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
Little mac will need some serious buffs, otherwise I think ryu will make him obsolete

cacatod12

Smash Cadet
At least, it's fine for Melee fans but I still don't see the point of adding Roy to this roster... We already had 4 FE characters and he won't add any original things to the gameplay.

And Ryu, I'm not hype at all for a character who has so little link to Nintendo and comes from another fighting game. Basically nothing great to expect for his gameplay.

Now, I'm just hoping there won't be only Wolf after that 'cause I want to see an ORIGINAL character :/
Feel the same about Roy; were are going to have 3 Marths and 5 FE reps. 5 is more than Zelda; which is a much, much bigger franchise.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Another thing that I'm wondering about is if someone selects Fire Emblem Roy, the narrator will use the exact same voice clip as the one that he uses whenever someone selects Roy Koopa.

EtherOracle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2637-9848-4273
I'm disappointed, to be frank. I know of Ryu from Streetfighter and I love the series of Fire Emblem, but seriously, Roy? I'd rather have had someone we weren't expecting. Like Krystal from Star Fox or Amy Rose from Sonic, the latter is a series I'm not even a fan of, but people would jump to request Shadow, Knuckles or even Tails, and yet not her.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
OMG it is true isn't it!!! :surprised:

Both of these characters look sooooo awesome!!
Its great to have Roy back and I'm really looking forward to using Ryu.:awesome:

:roypm:Get ready, the hype is real!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not cool man, some people are trying to avoid spoilers. Would you like it if you were waiting for Empire Strikes Back back in the day and I went up and said Vader is Luke's father?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think I'm having a hype attack. This is great! :D
It's pretty annoying, though, how this got leaked one day before it probably would have been officially revealed.

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
Looks like they changed some of Roy's moves, too. I hope he's better compared to marth than in melee :o

ASchlosser12

Smash Rookie
THE HYPE TRAIN HAS LEFT LUCAS CITY MEWTWOTOWN AND IS CURRENTLY ARRIVING AT E3 HYPEVILLE

CHOO CHOO
Smash Bros Hype Train.png

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
To those of you questioning Ryu in smash due to his lack of association with the big N, I'd like to remind you of one thing:

:snake:.

Hardly any association, aside from his older games from the 90's. And before you say "he was in a remake on 3DS!", let's not forget Ryu was in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on Wii. Just about as relevant.

And as for Roy... Sakurai just threw him in for free. Probably won't even change him at all, aside from the visual facelift.

Honestly I have no attachment to either character, but I'm not bothered that they're in. I'm just glad to have more fighters at all.:)

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Why? Seriously, we have *five* Fire Emblem characters and 3 of them are going to play identically to one another.
To be fair, Roy does more damage close to the handle of his sword, so his playstyle is probably significantly different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom