• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Finished Lyn's mode.

[Collapse=The Team]
He got my Energy Ring because he's the only unit I'm using from Lyn's mode who doesn't have a 60% Str/Mag growth. Slightly behind in Lck/Res, slightly ahead in Def, average otherwise.

My man. Slight leads in HP and Luck with a Def deficit (-2, hasn't gained any yet) but has the Spd he should have at lvl. 14...promoted. I'll take it.

My boy. I have him the Angelic Robe because I figure future me would thank me for it when I have to re-recruit him. This guy got some great level ups. Average in Skl, rounded up from his average in Res (9.6), and above average in everything else. Got Magic every time, Spd 4/6 times with 40% growth, Luck 3/6 times with 20% growth, and Def 2/6 times with 10% growth.
[/collapse]

I think I'm ready. I'm going to have fun with this Dorcas.

Alright, well, instead of mocking against it you should join up for this draft to take place on good old smashboards lol

FE 8 Draft

Rules
-Played on Hard mode.
-Everyone is allotted Ephraim and Eirika.
-Force deployed characters are free for anyone to use.
-Seth cannot be claimed, but fits under the above clause of force deployment usage.
-Skirmish/Tower/Ruins are not allowable.
-Undrafted units are not allowed to do anything other than recruit the units you drafted.
-All are to do Eirika's route.
-Trainees to be towered to 10/1/-- if you drafted them.
- @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker cannot draft Moulder :troll:

This will be a draft for 5 people. Drafting order will be randomized via random dot organization extension site. Then, the order goes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 2nd, etc. My guess that @ Delta-cod Delta-cod wants in on this.

People
-Xeylode
-
-
-
-

Last edited:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Alright, well, instead of mocking against it you should join up for this draft to take place on good old smashboards lol

FE 8 Draft

Rules
-Played on Hard mode.
-Everyone is allotted Ephraim and Eirika.
-Force deployed characters are free for anyone to use.
-Seth cannot be claimed, but fits under the above clause of force deployment usage.
-Skirmish/Tower/Ruins are not allowable.
-Undrafted units are not allowed to do anything other than recruit the units you drafted.
-All are to do Eirika's route.
-Trainees to be towered to 10/1/-- if you drafted them.
- @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker cannot draft Moulder :troll:

This will be a draft for 5 people. Drafting order will be randomized via random dot organization extension site. Then, the order goes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 2nd, etc. My guess that @ Delta-cod Delta-cod wants in on this.

People
-Xeylode
-
-
-
-
Liked for the Moulder clause.

I'll stay out of this one though - I'm having a hard time finding the time to play through the FE7 draft as it is. >.>

Last edited:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'd be down for a FE6 draft. FE8? Eh.... Maybe if you have a really hard time finding a 5th.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i'll probably join fe8 draft as well but yeah i still need to finish fe7 draft, plus graduation tomorrow. but if i finish fe7 today then i'll join tonight (i'm on chapter 24).

is anyone in the fe7 draft doing/completed 23x yet btw? i feel like the difficulty of the map was nowhere near worth the amount of effort i ended up putting into it to complete it, but maybe it was predominantly because of my composition (no status recover stave for erk to use because i haven't leveled up staves enough yet on erk, AND i had no one with really high resistance.)

@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker
@ Raziek Raziek
@ ~Firefly~ ~Firefly~

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
it's pretty much impossible without ninian/nils unless you have someone using staves extensively somehow or boss abuse

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm on Ch. 23. I have no idea if I'll even attempt Genesis.

This was fun, though. Did it on my first try!

http://imgur.com/a/BMsWR

Feel free to check my current progress here. Serra is beast mode.
Wow, that is a ton of enemy units... I've never played that FE. Looks challenging, at a glance.

I started Awakening over on Hard. Having a lot more fun! I like that I've actually had to reset due to losses a few times. I figure it'll get easier as I go along and my units get stronger, but even so, this is more exciting.

I have a question of preference on Yarne. Since I shunned the bunnies last time, this time I'm going to use them and forgo the dragons.

I've read some of Panne's supports, and some of them are decent. I think I like her more as a character now, even though she is pretty cliche.

Who would you pick for Yarne's dad? I'm probably going to follow many others before me and go for Berserker Yarne, as a pair-up and husband to one of my physical female units (undecided which). These are my options:

Frederick: Aegis, Pavise, Luna, Dual Guard +; the support conversation is slightly better than Nowi's, but still cringe-inducing for how shallow it is. This Yarne has high to good mods (moderate speed) and the best defensive abilities. Lots of physical bulk and power, but kinda slow. Can't recover HP, but doesn't take much damage, either.

Vaike: Sol, Axebreaker; support conversation is a mutual understanding, and Vaike makes Panne laugh, which is surprising. Yarne's only way to gain Sol. All his other useful skills have to come from his mother, unless I take him through Hero anyway for Axebreaker (not likely). The most limited. Trash Resistance, highest attack, good skill and speed. Not quite a glass cannon, since he does have some Defense. More balanced than Lon'Qu, but Sol is unreliable, and without even Vantage... Most likely to die due to bad luck.

Kellam: Pavise, Renewal, Dual Guard+, Luna; support conversation is better than Frederick's but still pretty bad, like all of Kellam's. Highest defense, but low speed and the other stats are mediocre. Laughs off physical attacks and regens any lost HP, but isn't very fast or powerful.

Libra: Renewal, Tomebreaker, Vengeance, Lifetaker; support conversation is sugary-sweet but also has shades of legitimacy. Most well-rounded stats, with Yarne's only chance of having a Resistance stat that's not terrible. The skills are great, and while the mods aren't through the roof, they're not bad! Heals the most HP, so tanks in a different manner than the others. Vengeance means that he can do some extra damage on the enemy phase, and Lifetaker and Renewal mean that on player phase, he's getting all that HP back. Tomebreaker helps him a great deal versus magical units he struggles with in general.

Lon'Qu: Vantage, Astra; support conversation is tied with Libra for the best, but for a totally different reason. Speed and Skill are through the roof, and Strength is pretty decent, with basically nothing else. A glass cannon. With no regenerative or shielding skills, he's going to rely on support bonuses, obscene speed, and Vantage to survive. The only Yarne worth using Wrath on, really.

Good skills Yarne gets from his mother: Swordbreaker, Deliverer, Lethality, Beastbane, Wrath, Axefaire, Counter, Movement+1.

All my other fathers are taken. All these potential fathers are very different, with a pretty good spectrum, here. With no Galeforce and Berserker's reputation for being a great physical support unit in a pair-up, I'm inclined to believe that Frederick or Kellam are the best for that role: damage-halving skills, Dual Guard+, Luna and even Renewal for Kellam. They have the suckiest supports, though, which irks me. Vaike, Lon'Qu, and Libra all have great supports, but the first two are very limited offense-only builds, but Libra regens the most HP and has the most Res, while the other stats are fine but not exceptional.

Thoughts?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
That it was. Couldn't even keep track of how many resets I had to do before attempting some of the maps (Chapters 1-4, 2 especially).

Apotheosis was great too. I never sold the Supreme Emblem (Golden Gaffe, no point), so I just let MU hold onto it so people can see it while Streetpassing so they know who they're dealing with :chuckle:

As anyone here finished L+ on Awakening without reknown or DLC stuff?

LOL I like the strategy Raziek. I was half expecting you to put simply hector on the throne and keep it like that. Rebecca must be pretty dodgy to not get 2HKO'd by everything.

@ E Elyssa Xey Hexen
@ Delta-cod Delta-cod
@ Ussi Ussi
@ Raziek Raziek
@Reizilla(lowest in the queue)
@ BarDulL BarDulL

I want to confirm that Delta-cod is actually going to be playing. They expressed the interest, but never said for a definitive yes.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
As anyone here finished L+ on Awakening without reknown or DLC stuff?

LOL I like the strategy Raziek. I was half expecting you to put simply hector on the throne and keep it like that. Rebecca must be pretty dodgy to not get 2HKO'd by everything.

@ E Elyssa Xey Hexen
@ Delta-cod Delta-cod
@ Ussi Ussi
@ Raziek Raziek
@Reizilla(lowest in the queue)
@ BarDulL BarDulL

I want to confirm that Delta-cod is actually going to be playing. They expressed the interest, but never said for a definitive yes.
If you look at the enemies surrounding her, you'll notice she only ever actually got attacked by a Fighter with a hand-axe whose hit-rates were in the 25 area. And I think the other one had an Iron axe.

(Not pictured: Rebecca is also holding the Emblem Seal for +5 avoid, and Hector/Serra have a B support at this point that is aiding them, as well as matching affinity with my tactician for another +5.)

Confirming interest.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Awkening is filled to brim with great characters so I was really hoping the main protagonist would not be as bland as the others before so I was sad when I saw Chrom I hope the next FE will have a really interesting Protag Lyn is a good one I can remember of the top of my head

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Awkening is filled to brim with great characters so I was really hoping the main protagonist would not be as bland as the others before so I was sad when I saw Chrom I hope the next FE will have a really interesting Protag Lyn is a good one I can remember of the top of my head
Pretty much why I don't want Chrom to be FE:A's rep in Smash 4...but yeah :ohwell:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Anna would be a MUCH better choice sure she's a joke character but if we are doing Relevance Anna probably trumps Marth due to her being in Nearly every FE Game in some way or form female tactician Would be better but I would prefer Michlah if we are doing Female Protag's Erika is sort of 1-Dimesional to me I'll fight to defend my people and my Land! We have heard that kind of stuff before plus she has be in there for Worst lords in FE history she Weak and Can't defend herself for the life of her But I'd Roy is far worse AT LEAST SHE CAN SURPUSS LEVEL 20 ROY!:mad:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Anna would be a MUCH better choice sure she's a joke character but if we are doing Relevance Anna probably trumps Marth due to her being in Nearly every FE Game in some way or form female tactician Would be better but I would prefer Michlah if we are doing Female Protag's Erika is sort of 1-Dimesional to me I'll fight to defend my people and my Land! We have heard that kind of stuff before plus she has be in there for Worst lords in FE history she Weak and Can't defend herself for the life of her But I'd Roy is far worse AT LEAST SHE CAN SUR**** LEVEL 20 ROY!:mad:
She might be one of the weakest overall, but she fits in just fine for her game. The game can be solo'd with her, as long as you get her a sword with 1-2 range. Otherwise you need to bring in a mage/archer to kill a SINGLE Gorgon Egg in Chapter...20?

It's only hard to solo with her in Scorched Sand and the chapter immediately after her promotion, just due to the way the enemies work. But if you manage to get her a couple levels on that chapter she's basically unstoppable because she can't get hit.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
She might be one of the weakest overall, but she fits in just fine for her game. The game can be solo'd with her, as long as you get her a sword with 1-2 range. Otherwise you need to bring in a mage/archer to kill a SINGLE Gorgon Egg in Chapter...20?

It's only hard to solo with her in Scorched Sand and the chapter immediately after her promotion, just due to the way the enemies work. But if you manage to get her a couple levels on that chapter she's basically unstoppable because she can't get hit.
Oh man, I remember the good times with Sacred Stones. My first FE that I played. Amelia was my massacre unit, I think. Nothing could touch her as a general.

And you know, I kinda liked the nunchuck-axes from the GBA games! Wouldn't mind if they came back with a slight redesign.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Axes? What are those? :3
*currently playing FE6 HM*

Amazing how much easier this game has become after the hell that was chapter 7. I wonder how long that will last.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Btw, why isn't this thread in the Nintendo Zone or whatever? I've been wondering that for a while.

I decided to start a bit early since all the early characters apart from Neimi were drafted already.

Prologue
2 turn
Seth KOs an axe bandicoot. Eirika survives three axe attacks somehow. Seth nabs the kill on the boss.

Chapter 1
3 turn
Rescue eirika turn one.
Turn two place her to seize on the next turn.
Seth nabs kill while eirika gets a lucky critical on a soldier lol
Seize.

Chapter 2
5 turn
Rescue chain until Eirika is on the fortress by turn two.
Have moulder loot the villages.
Vanessa spends the whole time watching ross die and nabbing KOs on the right.
Seth fights two bandits on the left.
Eirika, Franz, Seth regroup to finish off whats left of the bandits in the south for a 5 turn clear.

I think that image is pretty cool.

I am sort of regretting suggesting drafting for this game. Its a bit too easy, but that might be the team I got sort of trivalizes most of the game. 4.5 hours in and at the chapter 16 where Eirika and what's his name promote.

Top Bottom