• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
How is Shadow Dragon? Is it worth $25?
$25 you are getting it for a steal then cause it's going for $30-40 bucks and I got mine for $40 with the manual, case and all. Shadow Dragon is worth it in my experience cause it's a remake of FE1 with some updates like the weapon triangle and classes added in from the original like Mrymidon and Swordmaster along reclassing options for free plus the remake has extra chapters called gaiden chapters in which you can recruit characters from FE 3 and apparently(not100%sure) it gives more character development for Marth but the drawback is you have to have characters die and fulfill certain requirements and with the last gaiden to obtain you have to have Tiki die and lose the Falchion so you can have access to it only to get Nagi and a weaker Falchion. Also the game has a shop via online which is getting shut down in 2 months and you can buy items and some specific ones on certain days like Elysian whips which if you want a Falcoknight it's the only way to do so. All in all I say go for especially with the way games are going nowadays in price like the Fire Emblem titles and one thing I didn't like but you may like it is you get a crap ton of mounted units early on like 6 not even kidding.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I know how you feel. That happened to my Stahl during the first few chapters and it sucked. Also trying to beat all of the DLC chapters and getting bopped by the Rouge and Redeemers chapter as well as the final paralouge chapter to recruit Priahm. I've never knew such an whipping before :(

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The opposite happened to Stahl on one of my earlier playthroughs. He didn't have a single level-up where he DIDN'T gain strength until he he hit level 3-4 Paladin. He wound up capping Str naturally by 20/20, with no stat-boosters, second seals, or anything.

Edit: Just got Lon'qu to lvl. 20. He gained HP, Skl, Spd, Lck...and Def. 9 Str, 17 Def. -.-*

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I know how you feel. That happened to my Stahl during the first few chapters and it sucked. Also trying to beat all of the DLC chapters and getting bopped by the Rouge and Redeemers chapter as well as the final paralouge chapter to recruit Priahm. I've never knew such an whipping before :(
My morgan, Lucina, Inigo, or Severa could solo Rogues and redeemers....They are so overpowered it is scary.

I just saw a video of someone one hit killing grima on lunatic+ with Severa....

and...
http://i.imgur.com/jAfYsX4.jpg

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man I just had the game just BS me and made me super salty about it. I was just about to beat the final spotpass mission and recruit Priam and made a slight bonehead move and had Lucina paired up with Owain and a S-Level support and placed them in front of my DLC Micaiah cause she was gonna run out of Nosferatu uses and thus eliminating her tank uses with them and only a few enemies left and this series of events happened.

Got hit by a forged Silver Sword from a Swordmaster 58% get hit, get a crit and kill that unit.

2nd Swordmaster attacked with 53% and avoid and Aether activate and gain some health back and kill the 2nd one.

3rd one attack with 55% avoided it and counterattacked. Praying for a Critical Aether activation.

A hero attack with 48% and got hit thus leaving me with 17 HP left get a kill but no Aether activation.

2nd one attack with 46% avoid it and no Aether activation.

Get attacked by a Forged Silver Bow Warrior with 43% avoid it, second one attacked with 34% avoid it and a 3rd warrior attacked with 36% and avoid it.

Get attacked by Sage forged Thoron with 32%, avoid it. 2nd one attack with Forged Bologone with 30%, avoid it and 3rd and 4th one attack with around 30-34% avoid it.

Get attacked with a Forged Silver Axe Warrior with a 17% chance of hit while I have a Forged Noble Rapier equipped and last enemy around my area to be attacked and get by it and Lucina dies.

RAGED and soft reset my game and closed the 3Ds. How the hell I'm avoiding all of all these 30 and 40+ % weapons but got hit by a 17% Forged Silver Axe astounds, baffles me and make me very angry.:mad:

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Priam's mission is a nuisance.

Beat it with a u maxed out morgan with aegis, pavis, lifetaker, renewal, and armsthrift

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
False sense of security you say cause there are alot of those in Fire Emblem in my experience.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Is not necessary overtraining a unit to beat Priam. Use brave weapons, S-support and a lot of rescue staffs. Elixirs/Concoctions/Mend Staffs helps too. That way is the more fun for me.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Is not necessary overtraining a unit to beat Priam. Use brave weapons, S-support and a lot of rescue staffs. Elixirs/Concoctions/Mend Staffs helps too. That way is the more fun for me.
I didn't NEED to overtrain him.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I guess also I finally beaten the Priam chapter today now I gonna beat some of the DLC missions and get some supports outta the way and then time to play Lunatic mode and planning to get Chrom to marry Olivia once I do.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I guess also I finally beaten the Priam chapter today now I gonna beat some of the DLC missions and get some supports outta the way and then time to play Lunatic mode and planning to get Chrom to marry Olivia once I do.
Cool little Easter egg, according to my friend if you marry chrom to olivia,inigo can become a lord

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, only Lucina & Chrom can ever be lords.

And.... maybe the SpotPass extra units, I never took the time to use any of them sans as Rally bots for Apotheosis.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
Yeah, only Lucina & Chrom can ever be lords.

And.... maybe the SpotPass extra units, I never took the time to use any of them sans as Rally bots for Apotheosis.
Ike isn't a Lord in Awakening, he's a hero. So I think only DLC Marth can be a Lord besides Lucina and Chrom.

Separate note, who benefits most from the Bride class? I never really used it

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I didn't much either. The weapon mix is weird. I think my Noire was briefly a Bow-Bride with Bowfaire. Lances + Staves are great Utility, but she has worse caps than Assassin.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
I didn't much either. The weapon mix is weird. I think my Noire was briefly a Bow-Bride with Bowfaire. Lances + Staves are great Utility, but she has worse caps than Assassin.
I had a friend who made Cynthia (Chrom x Sumia) a Bride and he claims that she destroys, can't verify though

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So what's a good starting point to recommend a newbie to the FE series to? I started off with Sacred Stones and I'm trying to get my friend into the series but he wants to play any of them with Roy so I told him play FE 7 first as his first game then play 6 cause it's the prequel before 6 and storyline and what not.

EDIT: Also I can't see Severa as a bride personally, I see her more of a spoiled cute daughter type.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So what's a good starting point to recommend a newbie to the FE series to? I started off with Sacred Stones and I'm trying to get my friend into the series but he wants to play any of them with Roy so I told him play FE 7 first as his first game then play 6 cause it's the prequel before 6 and storyline and what not.
Awakening or Sacred Stones would both be great starting points. FE7 is fine too (It's good to get that one out of the way so that the forced tutorial is less annoying)

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
Do we all have different waifus? (Lucina is mine)
I am a man of many waifus

EDIT: Also I can't see Severa as a bride personally, I see her more of a spoiled cute daughter type.
Awakening, the GBA games and Path of Radiance. Shadow Dragon is good despite the negative internet response.

Severa is qt-est child, fite me

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Severa 10/10 would bang

Edit: found vid of bride severa one hit killing grima on lunatic+
(Turn off audio the guy sounds stupid)

Last edited:
Top Bottom