• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia - Game Over!!!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Ryker said:
It's flimsy. I told you it was a dead end push on Xonar from KevMo, amirite? Those at the beginning of early day often imply......? Distancing, that's it.

Dislike KevMo's need to insist on standing in the back of the class talking with the emo kid rather than give me the stances I want on the people I want to know about. His "draft a strong late game" really is no excuse not to give me them at all.

You and Kuz are definitely easier for me to call scum at this point.
Case. And. Point. What I get from this, is that you find KevM scummy cuz he's not doing what you want. That doesn't make someone scummy, it makes somebody unresponsive to the way you play. Me, Kuz, and KevM all have that in common at this point, and you probz have every intention to assure that you get rid of people who don't wanna listen to you because they're just bumps on the road. Cello played like that. And Cello was wrong. A lot.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh, so you did it on purpose?

(Sorry, it's 12:45 and this stuff is EVEN LESS obvious to me when it's 12:45 am.)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Ryker flailing. Ryker case bad. Gorf town. Samurai scum.

Now I'm literally about to devour some doritos at uncontrollable speeds.

July

Smash Apprentice
Hmm so most or this game so far is Kuz v. Ryker. Ryker looks scummy... actually I like Ryker in these interactions, that's kinda a first for me. Ryker seems to have town intent in his push on Kuz, and he's very clearly been open and quick to provide his opinion on players, which is something I like seeing from Ryker. I don't dislike Kuz in the interactions, but the nature of the conversation is constant offense from Ryker an constant defense from Kuz, and I haven't gotten to see Kuz's opinion on most of the players in the game other than Ryker/Gord which is something I definitely want in order to get a read on him.

@Kuz: Thoughts on KevinM and Brosuke so far?

So far I'm getting a town vibe from Gord, he seems pretty objective in trying to weigh Kuz v. Ryker and he's been open and quick to make connections, and I think he's spot on with this:

Case. And. Point. What I get from this, is that you find KevM scummy cuz he's not doing what you want. That doesn't make someone scummy, it makes somebody unresponsive to the way you play. Me, Kuz, and KevM all have that in common at this point, and you probz have every intention to assure that you get rid of people who don't wanna listen to you because they're just bumps on the road. Cello played like that. And Cello was wrong. A lot.
Ryker v. KevinM I definitely disagree with Ryker; I like that KevinM is looking at other players and not just focusing on the mainstage of Kuz v. Ryker, especially when he points out something that no one else has pointed out yet on someone that people have paid pretty much no attention to.

@Joey: Hi there! It's been a while since we played in a game together. Thoughts on Ryker in Ryker v. Kuz, Ryker v. KevinM, and Ryker and Gord's interactions?

So far I don't like Hipster Samurai. They've taken almost no stances and made no unnecessary connections (they are obviously in opposition to Kuz because its either Kuz or them for surivival) and I feel like their content has strictly been limited to trying to save themselves and not involved in the game as a whole.

I also want to keep an eye on Brosuke, because I think KevinM's post was important and I'm not sure what his intent was in wanting to see a mafia role pm.

@Brosuke: Thoughts on Gord?

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
OK, I guess an explanation is due from my side. Our first two posts were written by me all the others are from Sworddancer.

My post was not meant to be a threat at all. It was actually meant to be the opposite of it but back then I had not realized that the two mafia parties can incap each other. It's not mentioned in the rules and it doesn't make sense in context with the original set-ups [L4S only had one mafia faction and mafia can't kill each other in F&E] so I wrote under the assumption that Kuz and us are both confirmed town - imagine my surprise when I saw people were seriously considering voting me! Since there were no clear rules about inacpping and uncapping in the OP I thought he'd just use the standard F&E game plan with L4S mechanics.

@mod

Can you please clear this situation up?

If I'm right that'd mean that Kuz and I are both clear but I don't have a scumread on Kuz anyway. I'm more concerned with Gorf and July. July's reasoning for not liking me is really reaching and stupid - because we have made no "unnecessary connections". What the hell is this supposed to mean? Should we start making unnecessary aka useless connections to players now when there's no point in doing so because it's - derp - UNNECESSARY? This tells me that she doesn't even want us to respond to it because if we actually had these useless connections she could've called us out on them just us much. There's no pro-town implication in putting somebody in a position that's lose-lose a priori. She could've joined this wagon regardless on how we had decided to play this. Plus she's piggybacking KevMo on his case on Xonar which has merit but needs way more substance to be actually "important" as you claim.

I'm not impressed.
Unvote Vote July

July

Smash Apprentice
OK, I guess an explanation is due from my side. Our first two posts were written by me all the others are from Sworddancer.

My post was not meant to be a threat at all. It was actually meant to be the opposite of it but back then I had not realized that the two mafia parties can incap each other. It's not mentioned in the rules and it doesn't make sense in context with the original set-ups [L4S only had one mafia faction and mafia can't kill each other in F&E] so I wrote under the assumption that Kuz and us are both confirmed town - imagine my surprise when I saw people were seriously considering voting me! Since there were no clear rules about inacpping and uncapping in the OP I thought he'd just use the standard F&E game plan with L4S mechanics.

@mod

If I'm right that'd mean that Kuz and I are both clear but I don't have a scumread on Kuz anyway. I'm more concerned with Gorf and July. July's reasoning for not liking me is really reaching and stupid - because we have made no "unnecessary connections". What the hell is this supposed to mean? Should we start making unnecessary aka useless connections to players now when there's no point in doing so because it's - derp - UNNECESSARY? This tells me that she doesn't even want us to respond to it because if we actually had these useless connections she could've called us out on them just us much. There's no pro-town implication in putting somebody in a position that's lose-lose a priori. She could've joined this wagon regardless on how we had decided to play this. Plus she's piggybacking KevMo on his case on Xonar which has merit but needs way more substance to be actually "important" as you claim.

I'm not impressed.
Unvote Vote July
Can you explain your reasons for being concerned with Gord?

You misunderstand what I mean by unnecessary connections. You HAD to address Kuz because you are head to head with him in the incap thing. Asking questions or commenting on things that Joey, Gord, KevinM, Brosuke, or anyone else did were not things you HAD to do for survival, and I didn't see you interacting with those players at all. Those connections were not necessary for you to make in order to defend yourself as the one to be saved toDay, those are connections that you form by choice because you are scumhunting or trying to get someone's opinion on something, which I didn't see you reaching out to do.

That distinction probably affects what you mean in the bolded but whatever, I'll address it anyways. If I came in and you were defending yourself but also asking people for their opinions or giving your thoughts on something like Ryker v. Kuz then I wouldn't have a problem with you. My problem is that you didn't make any effort to comment on anything going on in the thread that didn't deal with survival between you and Kuz.

KevinM's post was important because it wasn't just focused on you and Kuz or Kuz v. Ryker, it addressed other people in the thread and showed someone trying to scumhunt outside of that little group, which I saw little to none of when I read through the game. Call it what you will, I liked his post on Brosuke. There isn't all that much to add to what he said, other than the obvious concerns (which I stated in my post) about what his intent in wanting to see a mafia role pm was.

#HBC | Gorf

V/LA for probz a couple days.

For the past few nights I've been having, I guess, withdrawls from depression, where I fall back into my depressive state and start thinking about... things (about sixish months ago I had cut myself), and my parents found out, so I'm going to be getting tested AT LEAST a good portion of today. I'm sorry for any possible inconvenience but I'll try to get on as often as I can.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Man D1 is pretty funny.

Just rapidly skimmed this during class.
I asked for a mafia role pm because I wanted to know what the extent of scum information is, to run by some things about someone.
Kevmo I'm not as bad as you tho sry
Haven't read into anything much since I last posted so I'll get to that asap

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Can you explain your reasons for being concerned with Gord?
Not before I get a chance to talk to Sworddancer first.

And really, even if you're points were true your accusation still holds little water. The game's hardly 12 hours old and the timezone difference between Sworddancer and me is 6 hours. Add in the fact that we've been under fire from the very beginning and it should be obvious why we're mainly busy with defending ourselves [of course we do, we're being accused left and right for whatever reason] and not with hunting scum [we didn't even get a chance to talk to each other yet]. I still don't think that you have a legit scum read on our playerslot at all - nothing changes my opinion that you're just trying your hardest to blend in with the majority. In actuality you have even less to offer on the issue than anybody else does.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Kinda want to vote Brosuke just for the whole can we get a sample mafia role PM..

I've run that gambit like 100 times in open set-ups against weaker players to great success, and after that he went kinda quiet.

Sorta seems like he wanted some easy way to appear townish without having to voice an opinion on anything in the game thus far.

... (rereading)

yeah eff that after a reread I'm definitely gonna start a choo choo over here on the Brosuke line to scum town.

Vote Brosuke
Seriously I'm reading this and I'm just like...

wtf

Did you even SEE this playerlist? The only people that would work on would be Joey, Soup and [July/Rajam/Circus/DarkHouse]. Those last 4 cuz I know jack about them.

Also hi I'm European.
Maybe you know me better as Xonar.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You are really under the impression here in this post that both factions of scum targeted each other last night?
He-Man: I have the power! Skeletor: You! You will no longer stand between me and my destiny! He-Man: But I will! I told you that it's always between us! Skeletor: I ache to smash you out of existence! To drive your cursed face from my memories forever! He-Man: Enough talk!
you're dumb

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Really hate kuz this game. Stubborn refusal to defend arguments, throwing stuff that doesn't fit, and arguing with an elitist tone... my uncap descisions going to be a hard one.

My post was not meant to be a threat at all.It was actually meant to be the opposite of it but back then I had not realized that the two mafia parties can incap each other. It's not mentioned in the rules and it doesn't make sense in context with the original set-ups [L4S only had one mafia faction and mafia can't kill each other in F&E] so I wrote under the assumption that Kuz and us are both confirmed town - imagine my surprise when I saw people were seriously considering voting me! Since there were no clear rules about inacpping and uncapping in the OP I thought he'd just use the standard F&E game plan with L4S mechanics.

@mod

Then how does that add up to your defense at all? You thought you and kuz were confirmed, so you...give up?

You're throwing tons of stuff that's not hitting the fan.

Uncap: Kuz

I'm not impressed.
Unvote Vote July

I'm having trouble deciding wether this is scum ryker, or just ryker in general: obnoxious with a massive ego. Maybe it wouldn't have been so fuzzy with an other person.

Anywayyyss

Dark Horse while writing this I decided I should ask you what you're leaning on in the whole incap situation..

Any lean-to on who you would incap.. doesn't have to be based on whats happened so far in game but if you can show me your thought process it would be nice.. you've spent a lot of time talking about the game semantics and not enough scum hunting.
If one of the people that is uncap'd is scummy, then we can only lynch them.

If neither of them are, then we should vote someone else that is scummy to go with the person that doesn't get uncap'd.

Those are just my obvious (very obvious) thoughts, though haha.
My god, both hipster and kuz reek...

Vote: Kuz

July

Smash Apprentice
Not before I get a chance to talk to Sworddancer first.

And really, even if you're points were true your accusation still holds little water. The game's hardly 12 hours old and the timezone difference between Sworddancer and me is 6 hours. Add in the fact that we've been under fire from the very beginning and it should be obvious why we're mainly busy with defending ourselves [of course we do, we're being accused left and right for whatever reason] and not with hunting scum [we didn't even get a chance to talk to each other yet]. I still don't think that you have a legit scum read on our playerslot at all - nothing changes my opinion that you're just trying your hardest to blend in with the majority. In actuality you have even less to offer on the issue than anybody else does.
Why are you willing to give your thoughts on me without conversing with Swords but not on Gord?

@Bolded: No ****, the Day just started. I said "So far I don't like Hipster Samurai", I didn't even vote you and you think that I was trying to present that as my "legit scum read" to appease the majority. The game was already plenty serious when I got here, if you were a legit scum read I not only would have said so, I would have put my vote on you. I didn't like your actions that far, but there was also very little to go off of and I was aware that the game was still young hence why I wasn't confident enough to call you a scum pick. Now I'm getting there with your hyper-defensiveness and manipulating what I've been saying.

July

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble deciding wether this is scum ryker, or just ryker in general: obnoxious with a massive ego. Maybe it wouldn't have been so fuzzy with an other person.
That post is actually Gheb/Sworddancer. Does that change your opinion of the post at all?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Not sold on Gheb/Sword. Could be Gheb/Sword, I like KevMo better. KevMo's buddy would be (really flimsy here) Xonar or someone who hasn't been posting yet.

That work?

Also, you're lucky I was talking on Skype.
I like this train of thought.

But it's wrong.

Thinking about Gorf/KeviM as scum now but not on the same team if they are.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
DH, Ryker isn't part of this hydra. You must've confused the names or the quotes within your post because it doesn't fit together. Don't see how my post implies a "massive, obnoxious" ego though.

Why are you willing to give your thoughts on me without conversing with Swords but not on Gord?
Before I make a clear point on Gorf I will see if my other head even agrees with me. In your case, I frankly don't care whether he agrees with me because I'm more certain. And even if "pushing a lynch" was quite a huge exaggeration on my part the fundamental problem still remains the same. Does my explanation on our behavior [in terms of defending and hunting scum] actually affect your read on us at all? You seem to shrug off the fact that I responded to most important part of your initial accusation and just move on to the next best thing you happen to dislike. That kind of proves my point that you're not actually looking to find out who the scum is. You're set on me being scum and will use any reason you can find to support this.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
July & Ryker:
The closest thing you both can get to hard stances on Kuzi and Hippie now. I'll buy this action from you so if you need anything, go ahead and ask.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@Joey: Hi there! It's been a while since we played in a game together. Thoughts on Ryker in Ryker v. Kuz, Ryker v. KevinM, and Ryker and Gord's interactions?
I like Kuz more than Ryker. I didn't realize that KevinM v Ryker was a thing, but I like KevinM. I like Ryker in Ryker vs Gordito, though.

I'll elaborate on re-read.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
July & Ryker:
The closest thing you both can get to hard stances on Kuzi and Hippie now. I'll buy this action from you so if you need anything, go ahead and ask.
Scum and town respectively. I haven't read from where I left off though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, not really. There's a reason I'm not pushing to have KevMo die. You asked me for a number three hours into Day 1, of course it's not based on much. Are you ********?

You've never been unresponsive to the way I play.

I'll talk about Kuz in a minute.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker v. KevinM I definitely disagree with Ryker; I like that KevinM is looking at other players and not just focusing on the mainstage of Kuz v. Ryker, especially when he points out something that no one else has pointed out yet on someone that people have paid pretty much no attention to.
Ryker v. KevMo doesn't exist.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Man D1 is pretty funny.

Just rapidly skimmed this during class.
I asked for a mafia role pm because I wanted to know what the extent of scum information is, to run by some things about someone.
Kevmo I'm not as bad as you tho sry
Haven't read into anything much since I last posted so I'll get to that asap
Would that person be Dork Horse?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I like Kuz more than Ryker. I didn't realize that KevinM v Ryker was a thing, but I like KevinM. I like Ryker in Ryker vs Gordito, though.

I'll elaborate on re-read.
Reasons on the first, the second isn't a thing, bang-up job on the third.

#HBC | Gorf

Ryker said:
No, not really. There's a reason I'm not pushing to have KevMo die. You asked me for a number three hours into Day 1, of course it's not based on much. Are you ********?

You've never been unresponsive to the way I play.

I'll talk about Kuz in a minute.
Point is, how does you asking me for scum reads differ from how I asked you?

Top Bottom