• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia - Game Over!!!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Sword said:
What's wrong with forcing people to provide a read? Forcing stances (possibly) gives people something to work on, and it may create connections down the road.
Think about it. When do people usually perform better, when the math problems are handed to you with no specific due date, or when you need to do 25 equations in 5 minutes? Same idea applies here. Sure, scum may squirm with those fast rate questions, but so can town that haven't given it too much thought. It's an easy way to misincriminate somebody.

Hip said:
What are your feelings then, Gord? Do you think that Ryker is just faking it (as that is what you seem to be implying)?
No, I just don't agree with what he's doing. I'm sure in his mind, he's creating sufficent content, if that's what you're asking.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Kinda want to vote Brosuke just for the whole can we get a sample mafia role PM..

I've run that gambit like 100 times in open set-ups against weaker players to great success, and after that he went kinda quiet.

Sorta seems like he wanted some easy way to appear townish without having to voice an opinion on anything in the game thus far.

... (rereading)

yeah eff that after a reread I'm definitely gonna start a choo choo over here on the Brosuke line to scum town.

Vote Brosuke

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Think about it. When do people usually perform better, when the math problems are handed to you with no specific due date, or when you need to do 25 equations in 5 minutes? Same idea applies here. Sure, scum may squirm with those fast rate questions, but so can town that haven't given it too much thought. It's an easy way to misincriminate somebody.
This is true, but hey, nothing's perfect. We could mislynch toDay no matter what method we use. If you have a better idea for producing content, then go on, I'm all ears.

No, I just don't agree with what he's doing. I'm sure in his mind, he's creating sufficent content, if that's what you're asking.
Ok, so we both agree that good intentions can be reed into it. So then why did you ask me that question earlier?

KevinM any comment on anything else going on right now?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gorf & Kuz are one mafia team. I'll refer to them as Fire for now. You're transparent, get at me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Kinda want to vote Brosuke just for the whole can we get a sample mafia role PM..

I've run that gambit like 100 times in open set-ups against weaker players to great success, and after that he went kinda quiet.

Sorta seems like he wanted some easy way to appear townish without having to voice an opinion on anything in the game thus far.

... (rereading)

yeah eff that after a reread I'm definitely gonna start a choo choo over here on the Brosuke line to scum town.

Vote Brosuke
Bull and ****.

Don't sideline a null tell on me. Be current.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Bull and ****.

Don't sideline a null tell on me. Be current.
I don't have to comment on two brash people throwing out null tells and WIFOMy thoughts left and right when you guys are not making any progress on the game at hand and instead having an ego war.

I read your stuff and got what I thought was necessary from it, I don't feel the need to comment on it currently.

Brosuke has however struck me on an entirely different chord, why are you so quick to dismiss it... scum got your tongue?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, the difference is, it's not math. There is no right or wrong. It's all different values and I have to pick what's right and wrong.

Okay, so I'm misrepresenting townies right now? You're implying that I'm not applying my judgement to the matter at hand, so please point that out.

According to you, I am either town looking for scum or I am scum looking to push a mislynch. Make that judgement. What am I trying to do?

You're mad I'm on your scummate.

Uncap Hip

Vote Gorf

#HBC | Gorf

Sword said:
This is true, but hey, nothing's perfect. We could mislynch toDay no matter what method we use. If you have a better idea for producing content, then go on, I'm all ears.
K. Why do I think you're sidelining? I don't see much action on your part at all, all I see really is commentary.

Sword said:
Ok, so we both agree that good intentions can be reed into it. So then why did you ask me that question earlier?
I do agree that intentions were legit. If it's the one I think you're talking about, it's because you seem to be agreeing with the action. I think the whole asking around for those stances at the time thing was well overdone... Doesn't mean I think it's scummy.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Mod: If we uncap before deadline do we get his flip midDay? This is important in figuring out how the day is going to be played

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't have to comment on two brash people throwing out null tells and WIFOMy thoughts left and right when you guys are not making any progress on the game at hand and instead having an ego war.

I read your stuff and got what I thought was necessary from it, I don't feel the need to comment on it currently.

Brosuke has however struck me on an entirely different chord, why are you so quick to dismiss it... scum got your tongue?
Yeah, you kinda do or you kinda get lynched for it. I know your opinion on how you play mafia and I really don't give a damn about it because it doesn't work well in this climate.

Ego war is on the side and for my enjoyment. Would you shoot Brosuke off of your null tell before aiming at Kuz, Ghebdancer, or myself?

I'm quick to dismiss it because it's completely useless to me. It doesn't further anything. It allows you to sit on a null tell and not contribute. No thanks. I really don't care to watch you idle your way through Day 1 with dead end paths.

Fact: Xonar could slip up and give you something off your bull**** vote.
Fact: I don't really give a **** and would prefer to see you actually doing things that stand a chance of mattering.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Going to play Smash in about half an hour.

SCUM:

Kuz
Hipster

NULL:

Most people

TOWN:

Me

Get at me. I'm dying tonight, so get those questions in there.
You are really under the impression here in this post that both factions of scum targeted each other last night?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You are really under the impression here in this post that both factions of scum targeted each other last night?
At the time of that post, yes. You have a problem with that? It's all RNG.

You pick the most inconsequential things to comment on. Give me something you can stand on.

#HBC | Gorf

Ryker said:
No, the difference is, it's not math. There is no right or wrong. It's all different values and I have to pick what's right and wrong.
... So there IS right or wrong.

The point of that analogy is that doing something like what you did can easily skew a townie's answer when he hasn't really thought of, or doesn't have an opinion on, the subject matter. What would you have thought if I said I didn't have enough info to answer? That I had to answer. Bullying doesn't win games or get accurate reads (for the most part).

Ryker said:
According to you, I am either town looking for scum or I am scum looking to push a mislynch. Make that judgement. What am I trying to do?
I'm not, nor have I implied, that you're scum. Intentions seem legit, but you're doing shiz badly.

Ryker said:
You're mad I'm on your scummate.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah, you kinda do or you kinda get lynched for it. I know your opinion on how you play mafia and I really don't give a damn about it because it doesn't work well in this climate.

You're telling me that I'm focusing on a null tell and things that are not current to the game on day 1 of Day1 and then proceed to tell me you'd lynch me based off of a playstyle not conducive to mafia, i can't tell if you're dense or just trying so hard to play talkie townie that you've abandoned logic for the sake of post count.

Ego war is on the side and for my enjoyment. Would you shoot Brosuke off of your null tell before aiming at Kuz, Ghebdancer, or myself?

Asking me on D1 to shoot is a wildcard because if you know my playstyle as well as you seem to think you know you do you know I would incap based on a strong late game and kill anyone I perceived as a weaker quieter player for a strong Lylo team, it's how I've always handled mafia and still think from a FORMULAIC stand point it is a strong way to look at D1's. Not dodging, just saying you're narrowing down a playerlist on a subject hard to quantify if I was a 1 shot vigilante in this situation the answer would be none, I would shoot someone like DH ( no offense meant) and if I were saying between the 4 of you I would shoot Brosuke not just based off of my initial read but based on the percentage chance of 1 of you being scum I know i have stronger abilities to read the other 3 as well as having you guys town is a better late game.

I'm quick to dismiss it because it's completely useless to me. It doesn't further anything. It allows you to sit on a null tell and not contribute. No thanks. I really don't care to watch you idle your way through Day 1 with dead end paths.

Not contributing on anything major, while dillydallying on the rules and running a silly question that HAS BEEN USED AS A GAMBIT BEFORE IN MULTIPLE MAFIA GAMES IN VARIOUS WAYS OR FORMS is not a null tell, it might be to you because you don't want to let go of your reads but none the less it's a strong lead to have on D1 especially to pressure it further.. you want to control town so bad that it's literally making you play worse. Tell you what from now on whenever you have a read I'm going to dismiss it as a null tell unless I agree with it 100 percent. By playing this way and setting up this ground rule, which lets face it for all intents and purposes is exactly what you're doing (A little strawmannish forgive me but I need to get the point across) you're giving yourself an out on contributing to any discussion that you don't want to belong in.

Fact: Xonar could slip up and give you something off your bull**** vote.
Fact: I don't really give a **** and would prefer to see you actually doing things that stand a chance of mattering.

These 2 facts are not doing anything for your case and I have know idea the point you're trying to make with either of them besides keeping up an aggressive facade.
Anywayyyss

Dark Horse while writing this I decided I should ask you what you're leaning on in the whole incap situation..

Any lean-to on who you would incap.. doesn't have to be based on whats happened so far in game but if you can show me your thought process it would be nice.. you've spent a lot of time talking about the game semantics and not enough scum hunting.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The point of that analogy is that doing something like what you did can easily skew a townie's answer when he hasn't really thought of, or doesn't have an opinion on, the subject matter. What would you have thought if I said I didn't have enough info to answer? That I had to answer. Bullying doesn't win games or get accurate reads (for the most part).
I would've thought that Gorf wouldn't sit there with his finger up his bum. Doesn't match up with the Gorf I know. Your answer was pretty inconsequential other than as something to look back at if you contradict it without good reason.

This post, however, is so radically different from Town Gorf, it's not funny. You wouldn't be inhibiting me from doing what it is I do. I've talked to you enough to know that this isn't how you feel about the game. What you are doing, however, is backing Kuz. I find that interesting.

I'm not, nor have I implied, that you're scum. Intentions seem legit, but you're doing shiz badly.
Really? Then is it your intention to make me see the error of my ways so I will stop playing in this fashion.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Anywayyyss

Dark Horse while writing this I decided I should ask you what you're leaning on in the whole incap situation..

Any lean-to on who you would incap.. doesn't have to be based on whats happened so far in game but if you can show me your thought process it would be nice.. you've spent a lot of time talking about the game semantics and not enough scum hunting.
Don't post within quotes. Take the time to copy paste and change the quote tags because you make it a ****ing ***** to respond to.

#HBC | Gorf

Ryker said:
I would've thought that Gorf wouldn't sit there with his finger up his bum. Doesn't match up with the Gorf I know. Your answer was pretty inconsequential other than as something to look back at if you contradict it without good reason.

This post, however, is so radically different from Town Gorf, it's not funny. You wouldn't be inhibiting me from doing what it is I do. I've talked to you enough to know that this isn't how you feel about the game. What you are doing, however, is backing Kuz. I find that interesting.
The thing is, I wouldn't care if it wasn't affecting my scumhunting. You've put the game in a place where now, I've gotta deal with the fact that things will probably be surrounding getting around (what will most likely continue to be) your blistering questions.

Ryker said:
Really? Then is it your intention to make me see the error of my ways so I will stop playing in this fashion.
... Well... Yea.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
KevMo said:
You're telling me that I'm focusing on a null tell and things that are not current to the game on day 1 of Day1 and then proceed to tell me you'd lynch me based off of a playstyle not conducive to mafia, i can't tell if you're dense or just trying so hard to play talkie townie that you've abandoned logic for the sake of post count.
No. I tell you that you are committing a scummy action and that I know how you profess to play and that it will get you lynched in conjuction with further scummy actions. It's a threat, if you didn't catch it.

KevMo said:
Asking me on D1 to shoot is a wildcard because if you know my playstyle as well as you seem to think you know you do you know I would incap based on a strong late game and kill anyone I perceived as a weaker quieter player for a strong Lylo team, it's how I've always handled mafia and still think from a FORMULAIC stand point it is a strong way to look at D1's. Not dodging, just saying you're narrowing down a playerlist on a subject hard to quantify if I was a 1 shot vigilante in this situation the answer would be none, I would shoot someone like DH ( no offense meant) and if I were saying between the 4 of you I would shoot Brosuke not just based off of my initial read but based on the percentage chance of 1 of you being scum I know i have stronger abilities to read the other 3 as well as having you guys town is a better late game.
I don't give a rat's *** about your opinion on the matter, tbh. Explain your reasoning for your decision and answer your question. It gives a solid stance on who you want gone out of the players I mentioned at this moment. It gives me a paper trail to look back at which is NEVER a bad thing. You *****ing about it doesn't change that.

Thanks for actually answering the question in that paragraph though.

KevMo said:
Not contributing on anything major, while dillydallying on the rules and running a silly question that HAS BEEN USED AS A GAMBIT BEFORE IN MULTIPLE MAFIA GAMES IN VARIOUS WAYS OR FORMS is not a null tell, it might be to you because you don't want to let go of your reads but none the less it's a strong lead to have on D1 especially to pressure it further.. you want to control town so bad that it's literally making you play worse. Tell you what from now on whenever you have a read I'm going to dismiss it as a null tell unless I agree with it 100 percent. By playing this way and setting up this ground rule, which lets face it for all intents and purposes is exactly what you're doing (A little strawmannish forgive me but I need to get the point across) you're giving yourself an out on contributing to any discussion that you don't want to belong in.
Gambit implies significant risk. There is none here. Don't misuse the term.

Xonar will post. The man is on a European schedule. I can tell you right now exactly what his response to your question will be regardless of his alignment. That being said, yes, it's completely useless to me. I get much more out of badgering you to actually be useful.

A little strawmanish?

I'm giving myself an out? You're funny. As a matter of fact, I've been sticking my nose into every ongoing conversation at the moment, including your's. It might just be that you're path is a dead end which is just a lovely excuse to sit on a Xonar vote and wait for it to inevitably fail to pan out.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The thing is, I wouldn't care if it wasn't affecting my scumhunting. You've put the game in a place where now, I've gotta deal with the fact that things will probably be surrounding getting around (what will most likely continue to be) your blistering questions.

And this is different from most games with me in it how..........?

... Well... Yea.
I don't believe you would ever try and get me to stop doing something at the start of Day 1 as town if you had a town read on me like you have stated (or even a null). You can burn.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

... Well... Yea.
I don't believe you would ever try and get me to stop doing something at the start of Day 1 as town if you had a town read on me like you have stated (or even a null). You can burn.

#HBC | Gorf

Ryker said:
Cuz you can't pull a batshiz crazy gambit here, which is a good way to spur reads (especially on noobs, which in and of itself we don't seem to have much of). Instead the game's becoming more around the fact that you're trying to center the game around you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Cuz you can't pull a batshiz crazy gambit here, which is a good way to spur reads (especially on noobs, which in and of itself we don't seem to have much of). Instead the game's becoming more around the fact that you're trying to center the game around you.
Urge to reference ongoing games is rising.

#HBC | Gorf

Ryker. Quick. No time to think. Obv you think me and Kuz are on Fire, and I assume you think Gheb/Sword's in Ice. Who's his buddy gogogo.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Not sold on Gheb/Sword. Could be Gheb/Sword, I like KevMo better. KevMo's buddy would be (really flimsy here) Xonar or someone who hasn't been posting yet.

That work?

Also, you're lucky I was talking on Skype.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Uncap doesn't hammer.

Lynch does.

Both will be revealed on a lynch hammer or at the end of a the deadline. You can have 12 people on an uncap but it will not flip him. Lynch is the only way to flip both.

#HBC | Gorf

Ryker said:
Not sold on Gheb/Sword. Could be Gheb/Sword, I like KevMo better. KevMo's buddy would be (really flimsy here) Xonar or someone who hasn't been posting yet.

That work?
Ehh... no. I want sufficent reason for KevMo and sufficent reason for (your flimsy read on) Xonar. 2 mins would be appreciated.

#HBC | Gorf

Quotes aren't necessary obv, just summarize. If I care to find out if your reasoning matches up I can look back and see.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's flimsy. I told you it was a dead end push on Xonar from KevMo, amirite? Those at the beginning of early day often imply......? Distancing, that's it.

Dislike KevMo's need to insist on standing in the back of the class talking with the emo kid rather than give me the stances I want on the people I want to know about. His "draft a strong late game" really is no excuse not to give me them at all.

You and Kuz are definitely easier for me to call scum at this point.

Top Bottom