• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia - Game Over!!!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Oh wait just read this:

Ruy said:
Uncap count (most votes)

Th3Kuzinator [0]
Hipster Samurai [0]
I was under the impression that it'd have to be a seperate 7/13. Essentially, it takes one person's uncapping at the end of the Day to get somebody incap'd, so completely disregarding that system totally takes out the scum NK's (unless of course they hit the same cap).

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
No we can't.

Scum uncaps two different people (if they incap the same person, that person just dies). Whichever player receives the most amount of uncap votes will survive when the day phases ends. In addition to this death, our lynch is a second kill.

Strictly speaking probabilities keeping this game's numbers even will enhance town's win percentage quite a bit. This means starting each phase with an even number. Lynching someone other than Gheb and letting the slot die would give us 11 the next day while just lynching Gheb would give us 12. This doesn't have to be done this day phase but sometime before endgame to even out the numbers woul be beneficial.

Personally, I'd love to only lynch Samurai this phase and stick to two every other (unless we have cop results on an incap target or something).

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
One thing that bugs me about lynching and killing the same person is that it allows town to play exactly to what one of the scum team wants, as the scum's cap pretty much means that a scumteam wants them dead.

Brosuke, why would you want a sample mafia role pm?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh hey, this game finally started.

And Samurai's 12 reeks btw. Not for the reasons DH mentioned, but it reeks all the same.
Can you explain why?

One thing that bugs me about lynching and killing the same person is that it allows town to play exactly to what one of the scum team wants, as the scum's cap pretty much means that a scumteam wants them dead.
So far, the only thing that could have informed the incap targets we're seeing toDay is player reputation. One scum team incap'd Kuz because they feel threatened by him, regardless of his alignment. The other scum team did the same to HipSam for the same reason. It doesn't matter if our interests and one scum team's interests temporarily overlap, as long as it nets us dead scum.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
There's still the fact that we practically lose our lynch, and if ouruncap target happens to be town, then we just helped scum.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
And if our lynch target is scum then we just helped scum.

And if Soup modkills himself then we just helped scum (regardless of alignment; everyone would want soup dead).

If our lynch target happens to be one of the incap targets and the player is scum then we basically just had scum kill each other for us. Super win situation.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
There's still the fact that we practically lose our lynch, and if ouruncap target happens to be town, then we just helped scum.
And we "help" scum even more if the incap'd player who dies is town and we mislynch. Obviously we're going to try not to kill any townies. My only point is that, in a game like this, "helping scum" is not always the same as "hurting town." By lynching any scum at all, we're naturally helping ourselves and the other scum faction. Just because one scum team wants it doesn't necessarily mean it's something we don't want.

Gheb is confirmed scum. Otherwise, I'd be incapped.
Help me out with this. Gheb is scum because if he were town you would be incap'd right now? How do you figure?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
How is that proof that either of them are scum (especially Hipster)? If I were scum, I would have incap'd you too.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Brainfart. Just remembered Swords is the other half of the Hipster hydra.

Amended question: How is that proof that Hipster is scum?

#HBC | Gorf

Hell in that case we can ask why didn't both go after you Kuz, and then come to the conclusion that you must be scum because maf didn't target you for cap. The argument has holes mang.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
What argument? I never implied anything about the incaps made hipster scum, that was Ryker.

Hipster is scum because he is.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
And we "help" scum even more if the incap'd player who dies is town and we mislynch. Obviously we're going to try not to kill any townies. My only point is that, in a game like this, "helping scum" is not always the same as "hurting town." By lynching any scum at all, we're naturally helping ourselves and the other scum faction. Just because one scum team wants it doesn't necessarily mean it's something we don't want.
Touché

Kuz, how does your situation help prove your points any bit? Sure, it's possible, yet a lack proof makes it hard to justify.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
**** Ryker it looks like someone considered us a bigger threat than you. Looks like you're gettting upstaged.

vote: Ryker

Kuzi what was it that reeked so much? You have yet to make a case out of it, so if you have one get it out there.

Also, can someone run the statistics by me? Why is it better to just kill one person off toDay and two every other Day?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If one of the people that is uncap'd is scummy, then we can only lynch them.

If neither of them are, then we should vote someone else that is scummy to go with the person that doesn't get uncap'd.

Those are just my obvious (very obvious) thoughts, though haha.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No we can't.

Scum uncaps two different people (if they incap the same person, that person just dies). Whichever player receives the most amount of uncap votes will survive when the day phases ends. In addition to this death, our lynch is a second kill.

Strictly speaking probabilities keeping this game's numbers even will enhance town's win percentage quite a bit. This means starting each phase with an even number. Lynching someone other than Gheb and letting the slot die would give us 11 the next day while just lynching Gheb would give us 12. This doesn't have to be done this day phase but sometime before endgame to even out the numbers woul be beneficial.

Personally, I'd love to only lynch Samurai this phase and stick to two every other (unless we have cop results on an incap target or something).
No, that logic is ****ing ugly.

Hey guys, let's not lynch scum so we have less chance of town getting hit by incaps. Put the numbers that lead you to that conclusion out there so I can call you a ****ing liar.

The only time I would NOT uncap is if the numbers line up in a MyLo situation. It's infinitely better to get the information out there and give up the gain from flips later on when there's more for you to pull from.

Do you disagree?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So far, the only thing that could have informed the incap targets we're seeing toDay is player reputation. One scum team incap'd Kuz because they feel threatened by him, regardless of his alignment. The other scum team did the same to HipSam for the same reason. It doesn't matter if our interests and one scum team's interests temporarily overlap, as long as it nets us dead scum.
Seriously.

DH, why the **** do we care? If we do that, then it means that enough of town was convinced that voting into No Lynch was a good idea (that's what it equates to which is why Kuz's math is flawed), which it can be in certain situations.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Help me out with this. Gheb is scum because if he were town you would be incap'd right now? How do you figure?
Gheb was scum for ****s and giggles. Gheb is scum for one part hyper defensive and one part limiting discussion.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What argument? I never implied anything about the incaps made hipster scum, that was Ryker.

Hipster is scum because he is.
Give me reasons. You don't have the luxury of sitting there and dancing the razor's edge this game. You gave that up when you posted that bull**** about No Lynching being a good plan.

Unvote Uncap

What do we think about letting both die and lynching elsewhere? Perfectly alright with that as I like neither of them.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
**** Ryker it looks like someone considered us a bigger threat than you. Looks like you're gettting upstaged.

vote: Ryker

Kuzi what was it that reeked so much? You have yet to make a case out of it, so if you have one get it out there.

Also, can someone run the statistics by me? Why is it better to just kill one person off toDay and two every other Day?
Kuz's math is WRONG. Look at it yourself.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If one of the people that is uncap'd is scummy, then we can only lynch them.

If neither of them are, then we should vote someone else that is scummy to go with the person that doesn't get uncap'd.

Those are just my obvious (very obvious) thoughts, though haha.
One of the people who is "INcapped".

Why would we only lynch them Joey? Why would we not let them die AND go elsewhere? Show your logical processes.

#HBC | Gorf

No death? Idk I thought that's what everyone thought. All I know is that the one with majority uncaps is saved, and by that, I assumed that no uncaps means no death, which is probz why people like Kuz are bringing up no uncapping, just lynching, eliminating the scum kill.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Going to play Smash in about half an hour.

SCUM:

Kuz
Hipster

NULL:

Most people

TOWN:

Me

Get at me. I'm dying tonight, so get those questions in there.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No death? Idk I thought that's what everyone thought. All I know is that the one with majority uncaps is saved, and by that, I assumed that no uncaps means no death, which is probz why people like Kuz are bringing up no uncapping, just lynching, eliminating the scum kill.
Then why do we ever let anyone die.

I'm almost certain I'm right.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Or just wait for the mod to clear everything up regarding caps.
I wait for no man.

Gorf, you have a gun and are shooting either Kuz or Ghebdancer. Who is it based on what you have?

Who is scum based solely on the incaps?

What about Circus's play thus far? Give me an analysis and a read, I want both.

#HBC | Gorf

Ryker said:
Then why do we ever let anyone die.
If we think they're scum O.o?

The uncap system is probz there to make balance for the fact that 2 maf and 2 maf don't get 2 kills each Night. The only way for them to get an NK would be if they match cap targets.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If we think they're scum O.o?

The uncap system is probz there to make balance for the fact that 2 maf and 2 maf don't get 2 kills each Night. The only way for them to get an NK would be if they match cap targets.
It is designed as a tool to make sure that you are dealing with manageable numbers while dealing with the unusual issue of how to scumhunt with two mafias without having to get into unrealistic numbers. This game is an adaption of some password protected room's Fire & Icecapacitation that I've heard EE talk about which is an adaption of Fire & Ice which was an interesting two maf small game who's biggest issue was that town could get wrecked fast.

Assume I'm right on all mechanics for the time being. Move forward, don't sit there.

You're gonna be town or you gonna talk yourself into a corner. LEGGO!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Uncap rules

I'll add it to a OP

You uncap with the command uncap: name and remove it with unvote uncap
The player with the most uncap votes lives, the other dies.
If neither player has any uncap voted on them both will die.
In the event of a tie, the player who got to the number first will live and the other will die.
When an uncap player dies, it will flip with info of which faction they where targeted by.

#HBC | Gorf

I wait for no man.

Gorf, you have a gun and are shooting either Kuz or Ghebdancer. Who is it based on what you have?

Who is scum based solely on the incaps?

What about Circus's play thus far? Give me an analysis and a read, I want both.
I'd probz go Ghebdancer cuz his 59 is kinda unsettling and making me think Ghebscum from what I remember. But I don't have any thought of Kuzscum atm. Based solely on the incaps, it's a titload of WIFOM, but if anything it can easily point to you. By your logic, you should have been capped, correct? So scumRyker's team wouldn't cap themselves obv, and the obvious choice is either of Kuz or Gheb since you're out of the picture. And then bang, you choose Gheb, other team chooses Kuz. I'm inclined to believe that the team that picked Kuz has noobs who are scared of Kuztown for now. Circus looks like town, mostly cuz I see a lot of his play the train of thought in line with mine. I don't get the sudden turn on Gheb (pre post 59, but even that's kinda meh), and he just seems pre' towny the way he handled that.

Top Bottom