• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

Sir Nels the Slayer

Smash Cadet
I thought Meta Knight's voice sounded like the Mouth of Sauron, from the 3rd LOTR movie. Maybe that's what he's hiding behind his mask?

Anyways, I love Meta Knight's, but I equally hate all of the others.

Romancer

Smash Cadet
Maybe there is a secret feature to turn japanese voices on when you start the game from the title screen, like in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin... You never know!

Lovely

Smash Lord
Ivysaur....was turned into a male. =(
Ivysaur.... sounds.... better. Ok, they confused me when they made Ivysaur into a she in the Pocket Monster form, but made Ivysaur into a he in Pokemon form???

This makes me wonder just like the Birdo situation.....

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Wait...did Sakurai actually state that PT's Ivysaur was a girl?

How come I keep hearing NO ANIME and then we get the ****ing godawful new Ash voice for PT? That's ****ing bull****. I know 4Kids is the devil to some of you anime-lovers but at least they had good VA's for Pokemon. Now with the new dub company it sounds like it's one woman voicing ever character, sounding only slightly different.

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
Just listened to the second clip.

PT: Kinda grating, but not as much as I thought it would be. Woulda prefered Ash's old voice, since I'm used to that.

EDIT:
Wait...did Sakurai actually state that PT's Ivysaur was a girl?

How come I keep hearing NO ANIME and then we get the ****ing godawful new Ash voice for PT? That's ****ing bull****. I know 4Kids is the devil to some of you anime-lovers but at least they had good VA's for Pokemon.
QFT.

Jiggs: .......Sounds exactly the same.

Sonic: I personaly don't get why people hate Griffith so much. His rendition of Sonic isn't as bad as people make it out to be, IMO. "You're too slow!" actually made me laugh.

Snake: Very badass, but a little bit too raspy.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
...was i the only one who laughed out loud to metaknights voice?

:laugh:

that was hilaroiusly unexpected...

it sounds like my uncle made all the VOs for this game...or james earl.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if those voice actors play the game too, and when they read this thread
their hearts broke into 10 thousand pieces

Romancer

Smash Cadet
Well, let's say I'm a chef and I make burgers made of ****. The customers come to me and says that my burgers taste like crap. Makes sense, does it not?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
When you recieve or breed a bulbasaur it has a 75% chance of being male so that's just natural.
In a Famitsu scan, it was stated that Ivysaur was a female while Squirtle and Charizard were male. You could tell because Ivysaur had a female voice in the Japanese version, when in the anime it always had more of a masculine voice. But NoA just made Ivysaur a guy. -_-;

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
In a Famitsu scan, it was stated that Ivysaur was a female while Squirtle and Charizard were male. You could tell because Ivysaur had a female voice in the Japanese version, when in the anime it always had more of a masculine voice. But NoA just made Ivysaur a guy. -_-;
I've always seen Ivysaurs as male, you know.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know. Falco isn't THAT weird.
Or is he?
Even so, I really wish he could've been the punk he used to be.......

CMWaters

Smash Rookie
For those of you complaining about the voices, let me just say this to try and cheer you up:

At least Subspace Emissary isn't full voice acting with Hideo Kojima-esque cut-scenes.

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
I think the voices are fine.

Well, Pit and Pokemon Trainer are exceptions. :( Won't want to listen to them...

Mizumi San

Smash Rookie
Ewww Ike sounds like a really bad supporting actor for a terrible action movie.
Meta sounds like vader, I dont think anyone can deny that.
Is there an option to change their voices to the Japanese voice actors??

PCHU

Smash Lord
Don't let it get you down.....because when you're down, people kick you.

Anyhow, I don't get why they wouldn't include the japanese voice acting.
Is it really that hard to put a voice switch?
They put in a language switch in Melee, so why not brawl?

And mini-vader doesn't fit metaknight.
He is more of a a deeper mewtwo voice.
And I hope Roy makes a return, along with Mewtwo.
EVEN THOUGH we haven't seen them, I choose to go along with rumors.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
wow people the voices arnt that bad! except for pit they were fine. fox sounds just like assualt and so does falco(i actually like the way falco sounds) MEta Knights is amazin. Ikes was fine to really they arnt bad at all! THe only one I hate is Pits.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Man, where have I been????
I didn't know that it was deconfirmed....
Oh well.
I don't care, Lucario will make up for mewtwo's loss.
Almost.
But still, lucario is less monochromatic than mewtwo.
I mean, even when mewtwo was in different colors, he still seemed boring.
But, the trophy you got when you beat classic mode as him would've been a great model.
I don't see why they made his body more purple. It made him boring.

That aside, he was my favorite for a little while, and he is still my favorite in D/P.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Honestly, I was expecting the Ash treatment for Poke'mon Trainer (way to further confuse people, Nintendo), and Sonic's really wasn't as bad as I thought. Like it or not, we'll end up wraming up to these voices...

Top Bottom