• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Sonic's VA is bad, but it HAS to be bad.
Or else it wouldn't be Sonic.

PCHU

Smash Lord
But why?
Why Falco?
I REALLY liked his Melee and SF64 voices.
But now....
What have they done to make him talk like that?
What the heck is up with the Landmaster ruining everything?
What the heck is up with Pit?
What the heck is up with Metaknight?
But most of all, "WHAT THE HECK? FOX, LOOK OUT! Bad voice actors are coming!"

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
It's not like Starfox 64's voice acting was stellar, guys. Nostalgia is a *****.

Hinote

Smash Cadet
The voice acting is decent. I can live with Fox, Falco, Meta Vader and Ike. Sonic and Snake sound fine to me, but I wish I could say the same for Pokemon Trainer and Pit.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
to the guy who said sf64 was no good it's better than sonic's current va 999999999999999999999999999 fold

PCHU

Smash Lord
Still, nostalgia is what gives games their 1up on the 1/10 scale.
Think about it: How many times have you seen the words do a barrel roll?
If you say 1, I don't think you've been on the internet too long.
Anything above a 7 should be correct.
We remember the voice acting because it was appropriate for the character.

But, since when did Falco gain that accent?
And what has Pit been smoking?
Been a little too long behind the mask, Metaknight.
Ike............just stick with normal people, and you'll be good in 2 seconds flat.

IKExFALCO

Smash Rookie
well it seems like i'll be maining falco because ikes voice is complete trash
and theres no ***. option this isnt gonna be good i just wish fox and falco had there *** voices they sounded so cool but no nintendo had to **** up and whats up with sonics voice i could've did a better job than that i wonder where they found these actors from

PCHU

Smash Lord
Man, no offense, but people need to SHUT UP about sonic's voice.
IT'S NOT THAT BAD.
If he sounds like what he looks like, then they did perfect!
Now, it doesn't really match him, but it's not as bad as Falco.
It might take me a while to convert to his "Keep your hands off my bread".*

It isn't too bad, I mean, it could've been a lot worse.
Let's just focus on the others, like the cool characters.**

*Yes, I know, i know he doesn't say that.
**Too bad Falco and metaknight were two of them......

M.K

Level 55
^^^Agreed, I think Sonic sounds fine. I like his Super Sonic Start-Up Sound that Suddenly Sounds Smashing Sonic BOOM.

LULZ, that shouldn't have made sense.

EDIT: Also, that is NOT Ash's voice from the Anime, I KNOW. Ash sounds like a prepubescent girl, and PT sounds like a trainer..

Also, the video quality is a little fuzzy, so you know, these could sound a little different in your game then they do here.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I honestly don't get how a characters voice affects play.

" AM NOT PLAYIN DIS KARACTER COZ DEYRE VOICE IS NOT BAD ***** ENUFF!11"

wtf?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
^^^Agreed, I think Sonic sounds fine. I like his Super Sonic Start-Up Sound that Suddenly Sounds Smashing Sonic BOOM.

LULZ, that shouldn't have made sense.

EDIT: Also, that is NOT Ash's voice from the Anime, I KNOW. Ash sounds like a prepubescent girl, and PT sounds like a trainer..

Also, the video quality is a little fuzzy, so you know, these could sound a little different in your game then they do here.
1. it's not bad because it's bad sonic fans are only upset because what they had
2.he doesn't fit at all like at all when finding a voice for a character they should listien to the japanese one than find an american who can emulate that voice in an american accent jason griffith isn't this guy ryan is
3.his best lines are on par or worse than ryans worst and when he goes super in any game he sounds just like jet the hawk (don't even get me started on how badly he does shadow)

PCHU

Smash Lord
And why does everyone care about shadow?
He would just be a sonic clone.
But, Jet would be a good addition.
His voice sucked, but I don't know, I guess I like birds as fighters.
Falco was the best character ever when I actually selected him and started playing, and had no idea what character I had chosen.
And before Falco, I played as Jet on Sonic Riders over at my cousin's house, and I thought that he was the best character.
But they did need more characters, considering it doesn't take them that long to
make a new character.
I mean, they had a new starter almost everyday, so you'd think that they would've spent more time on more characters than 'shading over them' as I often do in my artwork.
They have enough Zelda references, but they could stand to add Vaati.
And as for Pokemon, I want the Latis.
StarFox needs Krystal.
Mario is chock full of crap-err, characters.......
Fire emblem needs Roy the boy.
Metroid NEEDS RUNDAS. I can't stretch that enough. We need a good ice-based moveset that isn't ice climbers.

And, what I'm trying to say is, voice acting is okay.
More characters.
Better voice acting.
More voice acting.
A real story, like Final Fantasy has been doing for years.
And, voice acting in cutscenes.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
My takes on the voices:

Fox- Meh. Most of them are OK. I kinda missed "MISSHUN COMPRETE" though...:urg:

Meta Knight- o.o Jesus. Never expected him to sound like this. I was really hoping for more of a Spanish accent, though there was a hint of it in his third-last one. He's still cool, though.

Pit- I don't find him as bad as most of the other responses do. He sounds like I imagined him to, kinda. Though "GREAT POTATO" is really ticking me off every time I hear it.

Ike- I like this one. "Prepare yourself" sounds so kick-a$$, and the rest are pretty cool. But "I fight for more friends" is probably the creepiest of all the other sound clips.

Falco- The accent is great. And the way he says "Personally I prefer the air!" makes me laugh for some reason. Not a bad one in the bunch.

PT- HELL NAW. This voice will be the death of me. " GO, SQUIRTLE! HANG ON SQUIRTLE! JUST A LITTLE MORE, SQUIRTLE! GOOD JOB, SQUIRTLE!" SHOOT ME NAO. I hate it so much! :mad::mad::mad:

Sonic- Overall, it was good. Exactly what I expected him to sound like. The only bad one is "You're too slow" I don't know, the emphasis on the words were really off.

Snake-Nuff said.

Ranked from best to worst:

Snake
Falco
Sonic
Ike
Meta Knight
Fox
Pit
PT

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
My takes on the voices:

Meta Knight- o.o Jesus. Never expected him to sound like this. I was really hoping for more of a Spanish accent, though there was a hint of it in his third-last one. He's still cool, though.

Pit- I don't find him as bad as most of the other responses do. He sounds like I imagined him to, kinda. Though "GREAT POTATO" is really ticking me off every time I hear it.

Ike- I like this one. "Prepare yourself" sounds so kick-a$$, and the rest are pretty cool. But "I fight for more friends" is probably the creepiest of all the other sound clips.

Falco- The accent is great. And the way he says "Personally I prefer the air!" makes me laugh for some reason. Not a bad one in the bunch.

PT- HELL NAW. This voice will be the death of me. " GO, SQUIRTLE! HANG ON SQUIRTLE! JUST A LITTLE MORE, SQUIRTLE! GOOD JOB, SQUIRTLE!" SHOOT ME NAO. I hate it so much! :mad::mad::mad:

Sonic- Overall, it was good. Exactly what I expected him to sound like. The only bad one is "You're too slow" I don't know, the emphasis on the words were really off.

Snake-Nuff said.

Snake
Falco
Sonic
Ike
Meta Knight
Fox
Pit
PT
Yeah PT pretty much sucks lol.

D

Deleted member

Metroid NEEDS RUNDAS. I can't stretch that enough. We need a good ice-based moveset that isn't ice climbers.
QFT

My takes on the voices:

Snake-Nuff said.

Snake
Falco
Sonic
Ike
Meta Knight
Fox
Pit
PT
Wait, you liked Pit's voice over PT's?!*Begins flame war*:laugh: Seriously, Pit's voice was about a billion times worse than--Well, I can't think of a voice that bad. PT is okay, IMO.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
QFT

Wait, you liked Pit's voice over PT's?!*Begins flame war*:laugh: Seriously, Pit's voice was about a billion times worse than--Well, I can't think of a voice that bad. PT is okay, IMO.
I suppose it's because I never really knew Kid Icarus existed before Brawl, while I've been a long time Pokemon fan since Red and Blue. It kind of "ruins the series" for you. Still won't stop me from playing as him though.

PCHU

Smash Lord
And about Rundas.....type it in on youtube.

But, you know what?
If we got every character we wanted, including Micheal Jackson for some, then guess where we would be?
We would have a MUGEN clone.
Yes, a MUGEN clone.
BUT! With 1,000 times better detail.
Admit it, it wouldn't be too bad.
The roster list would be hard to move across, since the charactersq would be like 100 pixels each.
We don't want that do we?

But, the thing is, we do.

And about me?
I've been called a KH fanatic, a Metroid fanatic, a smash fanatic, and a zelda fanatic.
But, the thing is, I have my facts straight, plus several educated guesses about what's next.
I am not like other fanatics, who claim to know everything.
I'm the real deal, and I know what would be good for Super Smash Brothers, since I know about many games, their weak points, their good points, their creative points, their cliche'd points, and what people want to see more of.
All at the age of 14.

PCHU

Smash Lord
.......?

Not even gonna ask.

Anyhow, I changed my sig.
It fits MY personality more.

Aside from that, I guess what this thread's morale should be is:
"Do a barrel ro- What the heck?!"
Sorry, wrong one.
Be yourself, not some crappy imitation that sounds nothing like you.*

*The actors themselves aren't crappy, just the voice they did.

PCHU

Smash Lord
LOLZ, what a coincidence. I fight for my friends, too.
Because, if I don't, their n00bish ways will get them killed.

But not really.
Ike said that line.....in a strange way.
He said it calmly, and that's what's worrying me.
I'm a calm person, and I would say it differently.
But, then again, on super smash brothers I am a berserker, with no mercy.
Especially towards noobs.
But, as soon as the match starts, I sit there.
And wait.
And wait.
And crap it, I wait some more.
Then, I get tired and kill them.
THE END.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Falco are ok. Metaknight sounds a bit vicious. Pit sounds like an 8-year old kid.

Can you find voice dubs for Lucario?

Gillenium

Smash Rookie
Ike's voice is awesome. I don't know what you peeps are talkin about! His voice perfectly fits his character from the games. I think most people who are disappointed in Ike's voice didn't really know what kind of character he really was. A silent but powerful hero type!

PCHU

Smash Lord
Ike reminds me of me.

But YESH, IKE HAS A GOOD VOICE!
IKE HAS A GOOD VOICE!
I AM NOT AN IKE HATER!
It's that ONE PHRASE that he didn't say right that took down his brawl rep.
He could've said "I FIGHT for my FRIENDS".
More emphasis instead of a calm, scary tone.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Ike reminds me of me.

But YESH, IKE HAS A GOOD VOICE!
IKE HAS A GOOD VOICE!
I AM NOT AN IKE HATER!
It's that ONE PHRASE that he didn't say right that took down his brawl rep.
He could've said "I FIGHT for my FRIENDS".
More emphasis instead of a calm, scary tone.
Allow me to give you an excerpt from my manuscript of voice judging that nobody cared about (on page 15... please read it :( )

... Even though he said his full lines in an unemotional way, those were victory comments. They were not supposed to sound like he was fighting or yelling, just like he was mentioning it. "dang, how could I have lost?" As he walks away from the guy he beat, Ike responds, "I fight for my friends." ...
Badda-bing, the perfect interpretation.

READ MY **** POST! :dizzy: :psycho:

Top Bottom