• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Zelda Discussion - What's In, what's out?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
i don't care how much you think tingle can fight the fact is that he cannot be a fighter. all he does is make maps and get rupees, which Link can easily just find in a chest
Yeah. Only characters who've actually demonstarated that they can fight in their game of origin can be put in Smash. Except, that is, for Fox, Captain Falcon, Sheik...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Eh. Fox is a fox and I think there had been games with ground missions for him, if I recall correctly. Captain Falcon is a freakin' musclehead in spandex. He looks like Clark Kent tried to participate in a battle without giving away his secret identity. Sheik is a N. I. N. J. A. Well, Sheikah to be technical, but that's just tomatoes and tomatoes.
Tingle, on the other hand, is an old man with an identity crisis, and I do not want to see him KO my beloved characters.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Only characters who've actually demonstarated that they can fight in their game of origin can be put in Smash.
Oh come on that's not true. What about Mr game and watch? Ice climbers?Peach and so on..And actually Sheik has a semi-fighting scene in OoT where she tries to stand up to Bongo-Bongo(Shadow temple boss). I don't like Tingle for a fighter and I would like to see him stealing items and maybe launching them towards players this time! They can actually make a moveset out of every character they rest their eyes upon! The matter is..Will we like it?

Wrath`

Smash Master
if tingle got in there he would be my new punching bag due to the fact i had to pay so much to have maps translated on WW.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Vampirekain, look at the second sentence in his post. I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Well, I'd say Tingle did have some pretty interesting stuff in his own game that could be translated to Smash well. It wouldn't be that strange.

On a different note, I hate the attitude people have about Tingle. I mean, they reason their views with facts on other subjects but when it comes to Tingle, a "he has no chance because I hate him" is suddenly enough? I mean, how is Tingle different from the other characters?
No, don't get me wrong, I'm not fond of him either, but seriously.

This is targeted at no one in particular, don't take this personally. I just felt the need to say it because it's a bit of a peeve of mine.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Tingle would be a boycotted character, or one put on a level 1 just to pwn the n00bish crap outta him.
~Tera253~

Fawriel

Smash Master
On a different note, I hate the attitude people have about Tingle. I mean, they reason their views with facts on other subjects but when it comes to Tingle, a "he has no chance because I hate him" is suddenly enough? I mean, how is Tingle different from the other characters?
No, don't get me wrong, I'm not fond of him either, but seriously.

This is targeted at no one in particular, don't take this personally. I just felt the need to say it because it's a bit of a peeve of mine.
Hehe, that's the human psyche for you. Most of the time we try to use arguments against characters we dislike because there are people we could offend with our opinions. Tingle is just a character a LOT of people hate, so one doesn't feel alone with that and sees no need to defend oneself.
I don't even remember whether I often backed up my dislike for him with actual arguments... *shrugs* It just seems kinda obvious why most people don't like him. On the other hand, many also think it's obvious that, for example, Toad is a ridiculous suggestion. Hmm...

Anyway, what I find most important in a character is personality. And I guess.. Tingle has some of that. But it's not a Brawl personality, it's a stage-hazard or rather mini-gamer personality.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
He would be low-tier but I would master him and smash with him like people did with Mewtwo, Pichu, etc. Plus, in his DS debut, he fights and weilds a sword so what now.
And I agree...Tingle could do just as good or better than Toad fans.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why Midna should be in smash bros Brawl:

Info on midna: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midna

Midnas score on the rate their chances thread:

Name - Smashboards Score - GameFAQs Score
9) Solo Midna - 67% - 49.2%

Abilities:
Floating
Can desmaterialize and materialize (kinda like a teleportation move)
Shadow magic
With help of shadow magic can lift incredibly heavy objects
Warp (greater distance from her other teleportation ability, being able to warp through the twilight holes in the sky)
Can transform her hair into a giant Hand
Can transform her hair into spike-like vines
Can hide in shadows
Etc.

Possible Moveset:
(Only B moves sorry)
B: Dark field; Dont know the real name forgot, but the field attack she does in the game, the attack will take a while to begin, after the 1-1.5 second delay the field would appear anyone in the range of the attack either in the ground or in the air will be hit, realease the b button to execute the attack, without wolf link she would do rapid strikes, u cant see what she attcks with do to the incredible speed, so fast shes a blur XD...
B<>: Hair spike; the attack she did to zant after u defeated him, would have long range and high knockback but takes a while to perform...
Down B: Dark shield: Shes uses those black squares as a shield that protects her from both left and right, but not from above or below...
Up B: Portal: She would disappear trough a portal, the portal would reappear in the direction the layer tilts the control at and the midna falls from the portal...

Super: Fused Shadow: She will use the fused shadows and trsnform into the huge monster thing, and she will either do the spear she did to flame ganon and do a massive shockwave or will use the grab attack it did to puppet zelda that purify her, this will grab any character in its way or will grab one random character and this character wont be able to dodge it, this attack will give fasy multiple powerful hits...

My reasons on why she should be in:
Midna, guide/partner of Link in the newest chapter in the LOZ series: LoZ Twilight princess... In the game Midna has quite possibly has the biggest role, maybe only 2nd to Link, the hero, the entire games revolves around the twilight real, its usurper ruler and about midna, secretly being the twilight princess, convinces link to help her in exchange she will help save his friends from his village...

Midna is quite diferent from ur usual guide character in a LoZ game, her personality is totally diferent from that of any known LoZ character, at 1st she act childish, kinda like a little brat, acting kinda superior over link while hes in wolf form, while the game develops she start changing her attitude, especially when zelda sacrifices herself for her, she learns that in order to save her world, shes gotta save the world of light as well, and l8r we learn that shes indeed the twilight princess, kinda like the twilight realms own Zelda, her mission now is to stop Zant, the usurper king, and save her people of the Twili, when she learns that ganondorf was the one tha gave zant his powers, they go to the light realm and finish off ganondorf, Midna then destroys the twilight mirror, tus breakin the link between the light and shadow worlds...

Thats just a brief story of midnas role in the game, we can tell shes far more important than navi, tatl, the king of red lions, or any other guide, beinghaving the biggest role and all, not only that she is the character with more voice acting than any other character in LoZ history, I know it aint much, cause shes doesnt really talk, still she talk way more than any other character...

Midnas popularity is incredibly high, far greater than when sakurais poll was made (thus shes not on the list), is a unique character, and has a great shot in brawl, why u ask? Ill tell u...

1) She has one apperance, yes, but so did sheik, and that didnt stop her from being in, and midna was way more important in TP than sheik was in OoT, one apperance doesnt lower ur chances being in brawl, and if u have a big role in the game, that raises ur chances...

2) She may not appear in another zelda game, but we still dont know yet, since the only known game being developed rite now is Phantom hourglass, we dont know if midna may or may not appear in another game, most likely she wont return, but its still too early...

3) She has a large arsenal of moves that can be added in the game, with her teleportation abilities, shadow magic, and the twili spider being a possible super, a moveset would not be hard to make...

4) She stars in the most recent zelda, not only that she has the greates role, she is by far one of the most interesting and unique characters in the entire series, has as much screen time as link, and is very popular among fans...

5) TP need representation, since link (even tough he has the TP outfit) represents the entire series, as well as ganondorf and zelda, we need exclusive TP characters (meaning characters that were introduced in TP), Midna fits the bill perfectly, as well as zant, but im not commenting on him here...

Midna against - What are her chances againt other possible Zelda newcomers

Skull kid
Vaati
Tingle
Zant
WW Link
Happy mask salesman (rolf OMG lol)

Skull kid: Skull kid was the antagonist in MM, using the mask he uses the moon to crush Termina, and thus killin everything...

If skull kid would have been added in melee, then his chances of returning would be good, yet he wasnt added, melee came out 1-2 years after MM, he was a perfact candidate, yet he wasnt added, why? who knows, maybe they didnt had time or something, its anyones guess...

Now nearly 10 years l8r, skull kids chances being in brawl are slim, mainly because he lacked a role in WW and a good role in TP (he was mostly a guide revealing where to go so u can get to the master sword), thats 2 games after the release of melee, not only that in MM mask, he had a small role actualyl, only being the holder of the mask, bringing the moon down, and was friends with the 4 giants, thats it, the mask was the one controlling SK, so technically the main bad guy was always the mask, skull kid was just a puppet, no more, no less...

Midna obviously pwns him in chances in gettin in brawl, being newer, more popular and having one heck of a role in the newest Zelda game...

Now that his fan base has been lowered, and after 10 years, his chances are very slim, and with other newer characters like midna, zant and WW link, we may never c SK in smash...

As much as I like him (I actually want him in brawl) I dont expect him in brawl...

Vaati: I dont know much of the character, only thing I know is that he has only been in portable zelda games, the portables arent as popular as the console games, thus midna has more chance than him, yet IDK I guess we can have a rep from the portable games...

Tingle: As much as I despise tingle, he has a good chance, yet I think midna beats him IMO...

WW link: Now heres a tough one, I say both have an equal shot, yet I think WW link actually beats midna, u c Y.linkis in melee, thus, since WW link will replace him, its like were counting him as a returning character, kinda hard to explain, point is I gotta say 50/50

HMS: HAHAHAHA I LAUGH at the idea, Midna absolutely PWNS him!

Now thats my 2 cents on why Midna should be in, I may do a similair thing to other characters, but that will do 4 now...

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Vampirekain, look at the second sentence in his post. I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Didn't catch the sarcasm!

Anyway Stryks..I must say that I agree with you on almost everything you stated 'cept the 50/50 chances of Midna and WW Link..I think WW Link has a bit more like 55% and Midna 45% cause the way I see it we already have 1 TP character..Link.So that's why I think WW Link has the lead by a bit.I know it doesn't say much cause they don't hesitate putting characters from the same game together but the way I see it, it counts a bit :)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Yeah. Only characters who've actually demonstarated that they can fight in their game of origin can be put in Smash. Except, that is, for Fox, Captain Falcon, Sheik...
For the record, I was being completly sarcastic in the above post. Although I don't particularily want Tingle in Brawl, I don't think his lack of fighting experience disqualifies him being included. The Smash team could design a moveset for anyone, even if they have previously never thrown a punch in their lives.

You'll see that I am correct when Tom Nook and Mii appear in the next Brawl trailer in a mere four days ;) www.smashbros.com.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely love how people who are fighting for Skull Kid are often anti-Sheik. Saying things such as "she's not relevant to the plot anymore." A cameo does not make relevance. I think he'd be a nifty character, but he seriously has little chance.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
i like TP Ganon, his armor is almost the same as his OoT armor, and he has corn-rows! man! Ganon is gangsta! as for WW Ganon, i love him too! he's also cool, and the way he blocks links attacks would make it seem that he's got eyes on his back (Ganon can succesfuly block attacks from behind him, he must havelike, double..no..triple joints in his shoulders to make it that good :p)and some how, WW Ganon looks like a samurai or somehting, i mean, not the samurai amror, i mean more like the japanese styled robe.... KEWL~

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I like TP's Ganon better cause he resembles the Ganondorf in OoT the most! His hair is cool his armor is badass! I really wish TP Ganon can make it to Brawl!!

D

Deleted member

Skull kid has a larger chance than, say, Zant. But I've stated here before that I beleive there'll be two new characters. If Y. Link is replaced by WW Link, that means one. So we may only get Midna or Skull kid or Vaati (unlikely) in my opinion. Sheik has no chance because he never had any real importance anyway. It was more for the moveset possibilities.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I just have to clarify that Sheik is a girl Smash Daddy not a boy. Aside, I want Tingle for Brawl...watch my vids and look at my sig to find out why.(I am a dedicated fan)

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Don't say Sheik has no chance. I don't even use Sheik, I use Yoshi, and I still believe she has a chance. Yes, Sakurai said he was removing characters, but if all the characters are removed that people think will be removed, that is; Sheik, Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, Pichu, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, and then you got other people thinking Captain Falcon, and Falco seem iffy. That's like 7-9 characters, like 1/3 of the roster. People seem too remove happy.

I just don't see the reason for removing Sheik. She's not taking up a character slot, and is a character used by a lot of people. Plus she's really unique, and I remember reading design interviews and Sakurai seemed very enthusiastic when they were creating her. I remember him saying that he was telling his programmers to "put some backbone into it." I can't link the interviews, cause they're really only memories. Feel free to not believe me. But I got the impression he was very fond of the character, and really liked creating her. I just think she has a lot greater chance than Skull Kid who hasn't had a relevant role since Majora's Mask, whereas Sheik was actually featured in Melee. Plus, Sheik was an interesting/unique feature to Zelda.

Skull kid missed his chance, if he wasn't in Melee, he has little to no chance in Brawl 10 years after his big role. And yes, Pit and Ice Climbers are incredibly old too, but they're the main characters of a really old game. Skull Kid is a sidenote on a huge franchise.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The only characters really likely to be removed are Sheik, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Pichu. Young Link will be given a new look, rather.
There's no reason NOT to remove Sheik... chances are we'll see Twilight Princess Zelda, who is not known to be a cosplayer or secret leather fetishist, so no transformies there.
I can imagine that Sakurai liked designing the character.. that's probably why she's so ridiculously overpowered. Some characters seem to be designed like "give them some strengths but also some weaknesses to even it out" while others are like "give them some weaknesses but some strengths to even that out". The former would be Bowser, the latter, Fox. Sheik falls in the category "oh wait, we forgot the weakness".

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I just have to clarify that Sheik is a girl Smash Daddy not a boy. Aside, I want Tingle for Brawl...watch my vids and look at my sig to find out why.(I am a dedicated fan)
That's debatable. It's "him" in Ocarina, but "she" in Melee's trophies.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Peach is also one of those characters...Peach is light and fairly weak but her big advantage are her recoverys and her uber smash down A.
And it is only him in OoT because no one knew it was Zelda.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Don't say Sheik has no chance. I don't even use Sheik, I use Yoshi, and I still believe she has a chance. Yes, Sakurai said he was removing characters, but if all the characters are removed that people think will be removed, that is; Sheik, Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, Pichu, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, and then you got other people thinking Captain Falcon, and Falco seem iffy. That's like 7-9 characters, like 1/3 of the roster. People seem too remove happy.

I just don't see the reason for removing Sheik. She's not taking up a character slot, and is a character used by a lot of people. Plus she's really unique, and I remember reading design interviews and Sakurai seemed very enthusiastic when they were creating her. I remember him saying that he was telling his programmers to "put some backbone into it." I can't link the interviews, cause they're really only memories. Feel free to not believe me. But I got the impression he was very fond of the character, and really liked creating her. I just think she has a lot greater chance than Skull Kid who hasn't had a relevant role since Majora's Mask, whereas Sheik was actually featured in Melee. Plus, Sheik was an interesting/unique feature to Zelda.

Skull kid missed his chance, if he wasn't in Melee, he has little to no chance in Brawl 10 years after his big role. And yes, Pit and Ice Climbers are incredibly old too, but they're the main characters of a really old game. Skull Kid is a sidenote on a huge franchise.
Although it pains me to go against a fellow Lost fan (check out my Wii # if you don't believe me...) Sheik is the least likely character to return. Sheik's unbalanced moveset was the worst thing ever to happen to Smash Bros. If I had one wish, I would change Zelda's down-b move in Melee to a self destruct.

Sheik may not "take up a character slot" in the sense that she doesn't appear on the character select screen, her inclusion would be just as time consuming as any other character with a unique moveset. That means that if he/she/it/potatoe (that's the way we refer to the character on the Sheik discussion forum, in case you were wondering) did return, another more worthy character wouldn't.

Since they went with the TP version of Link, it stands to reason that they will do the same for Zelda. And since TP Zelda never transforms into Sheik, she can no longer retain this ability in Brawl. It's just that simple.

I don't know about you, but I've played Melee more than enough to last a lifetime. I don't want to buy Brawl only to discover that most of the characters are old ones returning from Melee. Cutting as many old characters as possible means that Brawl will have more new characters. And that, my firend, is a good thing.

The only reason most people cling to the idea of Sheik returning is that they are afraid of facing their fellow Smashers on an equal playing field. But I digress...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
And it is only him in OoT because no one knew it was Zelda.
This is why it's debatable: because there is no answer.

Only Ruto called Sheik a "he", and it's not too much of a stretch to think that a Sage could recognize Zelda/Zelda revealed herself to Ruto. Not to mention the fanfiction...

Also, Miyamoto, who did the story for Ocarina, wasn't involved with Melee, so it's feasible that the lowly intern that wrote the trophy descriptions just (like most of us) didn't know. And maybe, like you, assumed it to be "she".

Personally, I vaguely recall reading an interview where it's said that Zelda uses magic to change her entire body, warts and all. But that's foggy, so don't quote me on it.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It is fact Sheik is a girl. Before Ganons Castle in Ocarina of Time, Sheik takes off the suit and shows that it is Zelda and says she didn't want to be caught by Ganondorf.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It is fact Sheik is a girl. Before Ganons Castle in Ocarina of Time, Sheik takes off the suit and shows that it is Zelda and says she didn't want to be caught by Ganondorf.
Actually...that just tells us Zelda's a girl.

Magic is crazy stuff: who's to say it can't generate and remove certain body parts for the sake of a better disguise?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, the only way to know for sure is to... check. And a certain member's sig does that quite impressively... *rubs chin*

... but yeah, Sheik's a girl. If she wasn't there'd be no need to conceal her face and everything so much.. sure, her figure is changed somewhat, but obviously not enough to make her completely unrecognizable without the clothes. Also, she wouldn't have to change her voice to make it sound deeper. =P
And even if it DOES change her body, Zelda = Zelda = female, end of story.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No it doesn't. Sheik takes off the suit and it shows it is Zelda and she says she learned(remember Impa?)ways of the Sheika and hid on pupose. Also, listen to the voice...not a mans. Case closed.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Why Midna should be in smash bros Brawl:

Info on midna: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midna

Midnas score on the rate their chances thread:

Name - Smashboards Score - GameFAQs Score
9) Solo Midna - 67% - 49.2%

Abilities:
Floating
Can desmaterialize and materialize (kinda like a teleportation move)
Shadow magic
With help of shadow magic can lift incredibly heavy objects
Warp (greater distance from her other teleportation ability, being able to warp through the twilight holes in the sky)
Can transform her hair into a giant Hand
Can transform her hair into spike-like vines
Can hide in shadows
Etc.

Possible Moveset:
(Only B moves sorry)
B: Dark field; Dont know the real name forgot, but the field attack she does in the game, the attack will take a while to begin, after the 1-1.5 second delay the field would appear anyone in the range of the attack either in the ground or in the air will be hit, realease the b button to execute the attack, without wolf link she would do rapid strikes, u cant see what she attcks with do to the incredible speed, so fast shes a blur XD...
B<>: Hair spike; the attack she did to zant after u defeated him, would have long range and high knockback but takes a while to perform...
Down B: Dark shield: Shes uses those black squares as a shield that protects her from both left and right, but not from above or below...
Up B: Portal: She would disappear trough a portal, the portal would reappear in the direction the layer tilts the control at and the midna falls from the portal...

Super: Fused Shadow: She will use the fused shadows and trsnform into the huge monster thing, and she will either do the spear she did to flame ganon and do a massive shockwave or will use the grab attack it did to puppet zelda that purify her, this will grab any character in its way or will grab one random character and this character wont be able to dodge it, this attack will give fasy multiple powerful hits...
I just asked for reasons you didn't need to post all this.

My reasons on why she should be in:
Midna, guide/partner of Link in the newest chapter in the LOZ series: LoZ Twilight princess... In the game Midna has quite possibly has the biggest role, maybe only 2nd to Link, the hero, the entire games revolves around the twilight real, its usurper ruler and about midna, secretly being the twilight princess, convinces link to help her in exchange she will help save his friends from his village...
A major role in one recent game means nothing to smash. They are going to choose characters that rep the series as a whole best, not just recent important characters.

Midna is quite diferent from ur usual guide character in a LoZ game, her personality is totally diferent from that of any known LoZ character, at 1st she act childish, kinda like a little brat, acting kinda superior over link while hes in wolf form
The fairy in MM was a ***** too should we add her? Hell no. Oh and personality is nothing.

while the game develops she start changing her attitude,
Exactly like the fairy in MM did.

especially when zelda sacrifices herself for her, she learns that in order to save her world, shes gotta save the world of light as well, and l8r we learn that shes indeed the twilight princess, kinda like the twilight realms own Zelda, her mission now is to stop Zant, the usurper king, and save her people of the Twili, when she learns that ganondorf was the one tha gave zant his powers, they go to the light realm and finish off ganondorf, Midna then destroys the twilight mirror, tus breakin the link between the light and shadow worlds...
Why does this matter?

Thats just a brief story of midnas role in the game, we can tell shes far more important than navi, tatl, the king of red lions, or any other guide, beinghaving the biggest role and all, not only that she is the character with more voice acting than any other character in LoZ history, I know it aint much, cause shes doesnt really talk, still she talk way more than any other character...
Actually the king of red lions had a role just as important as Midna's plus she is still just a stupid helper character that ain't coming back. Oh and her talking alot is a ****ty reason.

Midnas popularity is incredibly high, far greater than when sakurais poll was made (thus shes not on the list), is a unique character, and has a great shot in brawl, why u ask? Ill tell u...
Midna is a passing fad. As soon as the next Zelda comes out we will all forget about Midna.

1) She has one apperance, yes, but so did sheik, and that didnt stop her from being in, and midna was way more important in TP than sheik was in OoT, one apperance doesnt lower ur chances being in brawl, and if u have a big role in the game, that raises ur chances...
Shiek and Zelda are the same person and therefore had the same role, your logic fails.

2) She may not appear in another zelda game, but we still dont know yet, since the only known game being developed rite now is Phantom hourglass, we dont know if midna may or may not appear in another game, most likely she wont return, but its still too early...
If she returns later and continues to be important then in a future smash maybe but now no.

3) She has a large arsenal of moves that can be added in the game, with her teleportation abilities, shadow magic, and the twili spider being a possible super, a moveset would not be hard to make...
Practically all the Zelda characters would have an easy to make moveset.

4) She stars in the most recent zelda, not only that she has the greates role, she is by far one of the most interesting and unique characters in the entire series, has as much screen time as link, and is very popular among fans...
You paraphrased all the reasons up to this point for this one.

5) TP need representation, since link (even tough he has the TP outfit) represents the entire series, as well as ganondorf and zelda, we need exclusive TP characters (meaning characters that were introduced in TP), Midna fits the bill perfectly, as well as zant, but im not commenting on him here...
I see no reason we need TP exclusive characters. It is one game in a huge series, even if it is recent that wouldn't be fair to the series as a whole.

Midna against - What are her chances againt other possible Zelda newcomers

Skull kid
Vaati
Tingle
Zant
WW Link
Happy mask salesman (rolf OMG lol)
You forgot the Old man and Kafei.

Skull kid: Skull kid was the antagonist in MM, using the mask he uses the moon to crush Termina, and thus killin everything...

If skull kid would have been added in melee, then his chances of returning would be good, yet he wasnt added, melee came out 1-2 years after MM, he was a perfact candidate, yet he wasnt added, why? who knows, maybe they didnt had time or something, its anyones guess...

Now nearly 10 years l8r, skull kids chances being in brawl are slim, mainly because he lacked a role in WW and a good role in TP (he was mostly a guide revealing where to go so u can get to the master sword), thats 2 games after the release of melee, not only that in MM mask, he had a small role actualyl, only being the holder of the mask, bringing the moon down, and was friends with the 4 giants, thats it, the mask was the one controlling SK, so technically the main bad guy was always the mask, skull kid was just a puppet, no more, no less...

Midna obviously pwns him in chances in gettin in brawl, being newer, more popular and having one heck of a role in the newest Zelda game...

Now that his fan base has been lowered, and after 10 years, his chances are very slim, and with other newer characters like midna, zant and WW link, we may never c SK in smash...

As much as I like him (I actually want him in brawl) I dont expect him in brawl...
You actually helped me by saying he was in the most recent Zelda game before Melee. How so you ask? Well if he wasn't added in melee and it was the most recent Zelda why does Midna have such a good chance of appearing if she is in the same situation? The awnser is he wasn't important enough yet. Nintendo didn't know if they wanted to continue to use him and now with his role in TP it shows they still remember Skull Kid and will most likely continue to use him. Oh and his popularity being diminished is not fact. While I'm at it the mask didn't control him, it unleashed his pent up negative feelings turning him into a heartless monster which eventually made him so demented he wanted nothing more than the death of everything so he tried to pull the moon down and when he was released from the masks power it used the opportunity to take a new host, the moon.

Vaati: I dont know much of the character, only thing I know is that he has only been in portable zelda games, the portables arent as popular as the console games, thus midna has more chance than him, yet IDK I guess we can have a rep from the portable games...
Vaati is cell shaded Link's rival and number one villain and with Y.Link most likely getting cell shaded I would be surprised if he isn't in brawl.

Tingle: As much as I despise tingle, he has a good chance, yet I think midna beats him IMO...
Tingle has WAY more chance than Midna because he has his own spin off games and has been in a hell of alot more games so Tingle owns Midna.

WW link: Now heres a tough one, I say both have an equal shot, yet I think WW link actually beats midna, u c Y.linkis in melee, thus, since WW link will replace him, its like were counting him as a returning character, kinda hard to explain, point is I gotta say 50/50
It's Y.Link with a different art style. You can't count him as a newcomer.

HMS: HAHAHAHA I LAUGH at the idea, Midna absolutely PWNS him!
Both him and Midna have absolutely no chance in hell but HMS would be a better overall character because of his originality and crazy *** style. I'm better than you because I didn't respond to this statement with a smart *** comment.

Now thats my 2 cents on why Midna should be in, I may do a similair thing to other characters, but that will do 4 now...
I like owning Midna supporters.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
[q]I see no reason we need TP exclusive characters. It is one game in a huge series, even if it is recent that wouldn't be fair to the series as a whole.[q]

[q]You forgot the Old man and Kafei.[q]

The old man meaning the windmill dude. And you forgot the postman.

[q]Tingle has WAY more chance than Midna because he has his own spin off games and has been in a hell of alot more games so Tingle owns Midna.[q]

My sig and videos tell that.

[q]It's Y.Link with a different art style. You can't count him as a newcomer.[q]

True.

[q]I like owning Midna supporters.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Next console Zelda game and Midna is a memory fading.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
My mistake, I meant 'doesn't'. My location is now changing.(do you mind if I use your little saying in your sig for my new one)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Use question marks correctly. =P

I don't see why I even have to explain this, but okay:
Smash is ALL about personality. Completely and utterly. Fully and... wholly. And so on.
Would you play the game if the characters were like other fighting game characters? People who are just designed to look badass and have personalities that can be summed up in one word? For THEM, personality is nothing, it's all about being powerful.
The reason why everyone is discussing characters is because everyone wants characters they are attached to. Why do you like the Happy Mask Salesman? Seriously, why do you bother to defend him? Could it be because, I dunno, because you like him? And why would you like a fictional character that has no personality? You can argue all you want, it's the one and only reason, and you know that.
The counterarguments you brought up make no sense. Link never speaks. So what? He acts. He has facial expressions. He cares, he loves, he defends, he has friends, enemies, a home-town, a father-figure, a voice, and like most Nintendo characters just has inherent personality.
Why does nobody except for some really weird people want generic enemies and folks like Zoras? Because they're ~-GENERIC-~

EDIT: Could someone of the other guys please agree with me? This is getting me really agitated for some reason.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but this sentence destroyed your whole post and I will never be able to take an argument of yours seriously again.

Personality. Is. Everything.
I haven't been able to take his arguments seriously for a long time now. You're really not missing much.:ohwell:

Personality isn't a necessity for being a smash character, but it isn't a hindrance at all. If it can be implemented to create more variety in the characters style, then it can be very beneficial.

Edit: I agree with Fawriel (feel better now :p). Personality is prominent in all smash characters, it's just less obvious for some of them.

Top Bottom