• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Zelda Discussion - What's In, what's out?

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't think I remember seeing a Wolf Link moveset... maybe I should come up with one!
I personally don't see Wolf Link happening and wouldn't be TOO thrilled at his inclusion, although there are far worse options... but a quadruped, I'd find exciting. I don't want to see many more swords and kicks and punches and hip drops and what have you. I see no reason why a quadruped couldn't work well... especially if assisted by a magical imp!
I think I might create a moveset just to please myself. *grins*
But not now, I've gotta go somewhere. Curse you, time and space!

By the way, I think a certain wise guy will be happy about your post. ^^

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Actually, Ferro De Lupe's 'converted' Wiseguy to the darkside. His character prediction thread's been changed from Twili Midna to Wolf Link w/Midna. Scary stuff.

Fawriel said:
Unless you're talking about drugs.
Pothead Zelda for Brawl!

Aki-toriko said:
I remain to be convinced that a four legged wolf would work in any fighting game, let alone Smash Bros.
Hey, if a NASCAR (or...whatever it is in Japan) can fight in a fighting game, so can a wolf.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think skaurai is going to keep the mega franchises low, so i think the LOZ series will have link, zelda, and gannondorf

Fawriel

Smash Master
...no.
My theory is that he wants to rep more smaller franchises, which explains that Goroh didn't get in... but shrinking the rep of a series? Hardly.
....and weren't you the guy who argued that Fawful has good chances?

EDIT:

Wasn't it Wiseguy or Chief Mendez... well.

Egads!

D

Deleted member

...no.
My theory is that he wants to rep more smaller franchises, which explains that Goroh didn't get in... but shrinking the rep of a series? Hardly.

EDIT:

Egads!
Expect the Midna fanboys to start screaming at this. Anyway, I just knew this stage would be in. Not thought, knew.

Doesn't the background look amazing? Try telling me the Wii is rubbish now!

The other Zelda stage better not be from TP. Heads will roll otherwise.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
...no.

EDIT:

Egads!
I love Twilight Princess too much not to be thrilled at the sight of today's update. This stage looks positively stunning and it looks especially good for Midna's inclusion, in my humble opinion.

Question: do you guys think this is the same stage with the remixed Orcarina of Time tunes? Personally, I'm thinkin' that that music is from ANOTHER Zelda stage - perhaps the new Hyrule Castle?

GenG

Smash Lord
I think the OOT medley could be an alternate track for this one, the western mood of the track fits with the sunset and the whole "western" theme from Twilight Princess.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
The other Zelda stage probably "flies" around Hyrule.(Like Delfino Island, Lylat Cruse, Halbred) Which I think that would be awesome, getting to fight at Zora's Domain, Fighting through the rapids, then to Hyrule Castle, etc. My guess is each part of that song plays when you get to a certain point-Saria's Song=Sacred Grove, Song of Storms=Karikio Village, Zelda's Lullaby=Hyrule Castle, etc. That would be awesome.

Agree/Disagree?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The other Zelda stage probably "flies" around Hyrule.(Like Delfino Island, Lylat Cruse, Halbred) Which I think that would be awesome, getting to fight at Zora's Domain, Fighting through the rapids, then to Hyrule Castle, etc. My guess is each part of that song plays when you get to a certain point-Saria's Song=Sacred Grove, Song of Storms=Karikio Village, Zelda's Lullaby=Hyrule Castle, etc. That would be awesome.

Agree/Disagree?
I dunno... we already have a few flying stages, so maybe Sakurai has something different planned that we mere mortals cannot fathom.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
No love for Wind Waker? What about a "Great Ocean" stage?

Here's my WW stage ideaI posted on my Brawl Predictions Thread:

3)Tetra’s Ship

Comments: I’ve heard a couple WW map ideas, but my favorite is still Tetra’s ship. The Pirate vessel would be about the same size as the Great Fox in Corneria, and like Corneria the ship would be shown lengthwise. Players can climb up into the crow’s nest (a prefect spot for cowardly projectile spammers) while in the background, the ship passes WW locations like Outset Island, The Tower of the Gods and the Forsaken Fortress. The scenery will also change from sunny to thunderstorm and back. You could even have Tingle return as a stage hazard and the occasional Giant Octorock would make things interesting.

Edit: Drascin has the great idea of Nico poping out of the deck door and throwing bombs at people. Personally, I'd like to see all of the wacky pirate crew appear as stage hazzards.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
My other thought for a stage would be on top of the Tower of the Gods in WW. If anything, it gives you a nice long way down if you happen to fall off.

I can picture the little tree guys and the bird people with Valoo flying by from time to time.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
i wouldnt mind fighting in the great deku tree, although OoT may not be all that approved. Or maybe a sneak-peek level from Phantom Hourglass..

As for items...well what about the old, old days? What if the Wind Fish from Link's Awakening were an assist trophy that drugs all your enemies and makes them run around jumping and screaming at random?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I would love to fight in the final battle stage against ganondorf in WW...

With the water pouring down, it would be only in the BG the water wouldnt affect much of the gameplay, maybe make the floor kinda slipery like in FoD... Just add some platforms and u got a winner!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Haha, I think the final stage of Wind Waker might even be TOO amazing for Brawl. I mean, woah. That's one of the most dramatic places in existence in ANY Nintendo game.

...but it WOULD be amazing.

Either way, stage hazards and platforms are overrated. How about this.
The stage is decently sized and completely flat, except maybe for some minor unevenness here or there...
At the sides, the water's roaring down in a powerful stream. Whoever hits the water gets killed dead worse than in Jungle Japes.
For dynamicness, the water may randomly come closer or further away from the stage.

...okay, I want this stage.

Stryks

Smash Hero
That what I kinda thought, but I REALLY dont want this stage to be banned, so I decided that the water wont affect the gameplay XD

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
EDIT: In the time it took me to make this post, other people suggested what I did, I just have pictures.

Finally! Some decent WW support!. I lost my post for my WW level idea, but I still have my WW Link suggestion in my sig.

My level idea was the final fighting stage for Link and G-dorf. The circular platform on top of the underwater castle, which starts out dry, but over time becames like the final part of the fight, with water flowing onto the stage. It will be like Final Destination in that there wouldn't be any platforms, but would still be good for your basic fighting grounds.

OR

The level can be the most changing of levels. It can go in reverse of the storyline in WW. Start on top of the castle, dry > becomes flooded > floor breaks, drop to the planks and wooden platforms near the roof > breaks again, land in the watery base floor with Tetra/Zelda's bedroom.

Either way, pics are below. And I didn't bother with spoiler wraps because it's not a new game anymore.

NOTE: First two pictures I URL'd because they were too big.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/SA-OWNAGE/dryroof1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/SA-OWNAGE/lower1.jpg

WiGGleZ

Smash Cadet
Well Octoroks are more important than Skull Kid. SK also has the "past his prime" thing going on. Midna's more popular, more recognizable, and etc.

Also, by "the whole 'all characters will be TP' crap is bull and Y.Link will be cell shaded", do you mean a Young Link-esque fighter WON'T or WILL be cel-shaded? It's a bit unclear.
so was pit and that didnt stop them

Stryks

Smash Hero
But pit is a retro character, by retro I mean characters from the NES era that have not appeared in a game (not counting cameos) since theyre last game on the NES, these being ICs, Pit, and mach rider to name some...

WiGGleZ

Smash Cadet
I haven't played TP yes but the fact that I think they have a low chance is because they have ONLY appeared in TP while other characters have appeared in several games like Vaati. what I meant by not a character is not a rep for that series (I admit I should have specified that my bad) She technichaly counts as a character because she has a moveset but I was talking about reps for the series.
sheik only appeared in one game prior to melee

Dark Link 1045

Smash Rookie
Ok to be perfectly honest, Skull kid, Minda, Zant, Vaati and Tingle would be ******** additions.

I think Dark Link would be a fine addition, maybe quicker than Link than but not as strong. I dont know, i would just love to see him get some more respect.

And F.y.i the Bridge of Eldin is a confirmed stage in Brawl

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
Vaati is known in the TLOZ world for being the villain who has appeared the most in the whole Zelda series with the exception of Ganondorf. I completely think he needs a spot. And running up, I'm thinking about Midna and Tetra. Midna's chance of getting in Brawl, I think is about 75%. Tetra's chance is probably about 45%, but if Wind Waker Link makes it, I'm thinking it'd be upped to 50. As for the rest of them, I don't think many of them have a chance but Ganondorf.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Vaati is known in the TLOZ world for being the villain who has appeared the most in the whole Zelda series with the exception of Ganondorf. I completely think he needs a spot. And running up, I'm thinking about Midna and Tetra. Midna's chance of getting in Brawl, I think is about 75%. Tetra's chance is probably about 45%, but if Wind Waker Link makes it, I'm thinking it'd be upped to 50. As for the rest of them, I don't think many of them have a chance but Ganondorf.
where do people pull these percentage values from?

i was of the opinion that vaati's chances would IMPROVE if he was in the phantom hourglass, however he is not the main villain of that game (i'm a bit disappointed but i trust nintendo so whatevs).

i think link, zelda and ganondorf are enough personally, but i would love to see WW link in there to replace young link. people might argue that theres room for more, the zelda franchise doesn't really need it. if anyone else is gonna make it, midna would be my tip, but like i said, i dont really think its necessary.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Dainamikku entu- *kicked in the face*

Ok to be perfectly honest, Skull kid, Minda, Zant, Vaati and Tingle would be ******** additions.

I think Dark Link would be a fine addition, maybe quicker than Link than but not as strong. I dont know, i would just love to see him get some more respect.
Am I gathering correctly that you think that a recurring character who was the mentally conflicted villain in one of the deepest games in the series, a female character with dark magical skills and a ton of personality, possibly the most important villain of Twilight Princess and the most recurring villain right after Ganondorf himself would be ******** additions... but a dark version of Link would be a-ok?

i was of the opinion that vaati's chances would IMPROVE if he was in the phantom hourglass, however he is not the main villain of that game (i'm a bit disappointed but i trust nintendo so whatevs).

i think link, zelda and ganondorf are enough personally, but i would love to see WW link in there to replace young link. people might argue that theres room for more, the zelda franchise doesn't really need it. if anyone else is gonna make it, midna would be my tip, but like i said, i dont really think its necessary.
He isn't? Wait, no, no spoilers. No spoilers! Wait, it's not like I can afford a DS... no spoilers! *runs around in circles*

...ahem.
First off: Yay, a WW Link supporter! \o/
Secondly, it's been said that those should be enough, but in the case that Sheik gets axed ( let's not start another argument about that ), that would actually leave Zelda with fewer playable characters than before, which probably just won't happen.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Dark Link 1045 said:
And F.y.i the Bridge of Eldin is a confirmed stage in Brawl
Why SO IT IS. Good thing I just updated the thread!

dynamic entry said:
Uranus (Get it? Man am I funny!)).

Fawriel said:
Am I gathering correctly that you think that a recurring character who was the mentally conflicted villain in one of the deepest games in the series, a female character with dark magical skills and a ton of personality, possibly the most important villain of Twilight Princess and the most recurring villain right after Ganondorf himself would be ******** additions... but a dark version of Link would be a-ok?
Hence the title "Smash n00b".

Fawriel said:
He isn't? Wait, no, no spoilers. No spoilers!
Seconded! Just...keep that bit of info to yourself, dynamic entry.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Alright...time to bust out mah haxxorz...

Here we go: The official (as in, from Aonuma's mouth official) chronology between the 3D Zeldas is as follows.

Ocarina's first. At the end, Link goes back in time, right? That timeline leads into Majora's Mask, and tapers off into non-existence. But the timeline Link left behind (post-Ganondorf, adult Zelda, etc.) leads into Twilight Princess and Windwaker, with TP taking place an undetermined amount of time after Ocarina, then WW "hundreds of years" after TP.

I'm 99% sure there aren't any other officially-stated timelines, outside of the pseudo ones like Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. Four Swords/Four Sword Adventures may or may not take place in a separate universe. I never beat the original, and haven't played Adventures enough to know anything on that level.
That's still wrong... Ocarina's Ending Split, but MM's Side is still there. TP is running parallel to Wind Waker. Aounuma Said Something about this, I can't remember where.

Okay- In a simpler form,

Hyrule-1 --?--?--?--?--WW

Hyrule 2--MM--?--?--?--TP

Anyway, From the Zelda Series, I would want to see WW Link Added. ^ ^

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
...Somehow, I doubt it.

I think all the supposed characters already on the first page have more priority than FDL (who wasn't really a characters so much as a neat extra that made Majora's Mask a cakewalkk), and we know not even half of those characters will make the cut, so...

But hey, there's always Assist Trophies!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
That's even less likely, since Brawl Link has nothing to do with Majora Linnk, and thus, FDL.

Like I said: Assist Trophy. He could show up, do a magic-bolt-producing spin attack in center stage, then go away.

SanSebastian

Smash Rookie
I still have my reservations about the interview with Aonuma "confirming" Sheik and Ganondorf. Mind, I main Sheik in Melee and would love to see her return in Brawl, but I'm just as skeptical now as I was before that interview came to light. My guess is, if Sheik's in the game at all, she's an Assist Trophy, or maybe part of an OoT-themed stage.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SanSebastian said:
I still have my reservations about the interview with Aonuma "confirming" Sheik and Ganondorf. Mind, I main Sheik in Melee and would love to see her return in Brawl, but I'm just as skeptical now as I was before that interview came to light. My guess is, if Sheik's in the game at all, she's an Assist Trophy, or maybe part of an OoT-themed stage.
So do I, and the first post reflects that.

Another thing you bring up is Assist Trophies of cut characters. Personally, I don't think that'd be appropriate, considering how minor ATs are compared to a full-fledged playable character (which, really, is the most important element of the franchise). The Postman? Yes. Gorons? Totally. Sheik and Ganondorf? Hopefully not.

By the way, does anyone have any links to this story? The only place I found that wrote about it was Wii Fanboy...I guess I just want some more confirmation that this actually happened.

SanSebastian

Smash Rookie
So do I, and the first post reflects that.

Another thing you bring up is Assist Trophies of cut characters. Personally, I don't think that'd be appropriate, considering how minor ATs are compared to a full-fledged playable character (which, really, is the most important element of the franchise). The Postman? Yes. Gorons? Totally. Sheik and Ganondorf? Hopefully not.

By the way, does anyone have any links to this story? The only place I found that wrote about it was Wii Fanboy...I guess I just want some more confirmation that this actually happened.
I don't see why it would be inappropriate to see a cut character made into an AT. If the character isn't going to make it in anyway, then I don't think there's anything wrong with making them an AT- it would be nice to see Sheik in the game at least in that regard, if not playable.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are all we need. Three characters from the same franchise is actually a lot cosidering most have one.

If he's going on a Twilight craze here, he's going to keep everything in a Twilight style. That means no WW Link people.

Seriously, we only need ONE Link on the roster. Do you really want to divide him up and make him a worse character like he was in Melee? Take the three and be happy with it, three is enough.

Top Bottom