• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Round XIII - "The New ERA" - Atlanta, GA - 3/12-3/14/2010

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Yes this tournament needs more hype. I am trying my best to hype it up on smashboards where ever i post, but i am having no luck :(

I have even made an allisbrawl tournament page on it. Only like 6 people have said that they are planning to attend. EVERYONE ATTEND! or ill come to your house :laugh: :serious face:

Player-1

Smash Legend
What time is brawl starting? It says 1 for melee, but I probably won't make it unless it's 2 or 3, idk right now, trying to figure things out

Edit: 3 is pretty much the bare minimum time it needs to start in order for me to make it (for singles, although I'd like to enter doubles as well)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
What time is brawl starting? It says 1 for melee, but I probably won't make it unless it's 2 or 3, idk right now, trying to figure things out

Edit: 3 is pretty much the bare minimum time it needs to start in order for me to make it (for singles, although I'd like to enter doubles as well)
Actually i would like to know too. I did not see a time listed for brawl to start on Saturday.

tubes

Smash Ace
There is a thread for this tournament in tournament listings. You guys should post there aswell.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Who wants to team with me? I am still in need of a team mate.

ALSO: If i bring a TV and a WII with Brawl AND Melee is the free badge offer still valid?

Icege

Smash Apprentice
For those of you coming to FRXIII and playing Smash

Make sure you sign-up on the Final Round website. We'll be generating the brackets using the pre-registration information from the website's database.

1. Go to www.finalround.org
2. On the left side of the screen under FRXIII, click "Registration"
3. Create a free account
4. Log in
5. Follow the instructions

Do this please to avoid holding up the lines. Smash is getting a second chance this year due to the disappointing turn out last year (compared to SF4's 249-man bracket, and 70+ people for T5DR which was at the time a dead game). If Smash does not come through this year, then the community will be losing the opportunity to participate in one of the most respected majors in the US.

Any questions, please head to the Final Round website

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Hey I can bring a full setup for Melee. Is that full yet? I posted on 1/28/2010 that I would be able to bring a full setup on the other thread...

Also, How much am I paying to be there for just Friday?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
How much is the door fee?

When I signed up on the site and what not, I was seeing it was $35 just to get in.

Which I hope is some kind of joke. =/

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
How much is the door fee?

When I signed up on the site and what not, I was seeing it was $35 just to get in.

Which I hope is some kind of joke. =/
You read correctly, door fee is 35$.
And before the flame starts over "OMG TOO MUCH FOR DOOR FEE" realize that this is a NATIONAL scale tournament, and not just for smash events.
The TO of this event pays out of pocket for many expenses, and a cheaper door fee price WAS offered if you pre-regged earlier.

That aside, who is coming to this for melee on friday?
Melee is scheduled to start at 2pm, teams and singles.

I may be there a little late, cause I work friday... but I plan to be there anyways.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
You read correctly, door fee is 35$.
And before the flame starts over "OMG TOO MUCH FOR DOOR FEE" realize that this is a NATIONAL scale tournament, and not just for smash events.
The TO of this event pays out of pocket for many expenses, and a cheaper door fee price WAS offered if you pre-regged earlier.

That aside, who is coming to this for melee on friday?
Melee is scheduled to start at 2pm, teams and singles.

I may be there a little late, cause I work friday... but I plan to be there anyways.
Wow. Really? :urg:

And no, I couldn't pre-reg early for this.

Does the fee include entry for all games you want to enter, or are there fees for those as well? If so, then this is an absolute no.

Also, with the itinerary the way it's set, I can't make it to Melee singles or doubles (I have class until 1500 on Fridays.) So, the only way I would go to this is if I were able to enter Barwl singles, which I hope isn't on a Friday. If so, then count me out. :(

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Pot-fee is not included in the 35$ door fee.
Sorries d00d, thats the way super-big tournaments work.

This isn't really an event made for smashers, they're just trying to include us so we can be part of it and perhaps get some recognition from the 2D fighting community (who basically think smash sucks and that we all suck for playing it.)

Rayku

Smash Lord
I think since shortly after the tournament was announced, Dogy. That would mean about 10 months

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master

This isn't really an event made for smashers, they're just trying to include us so we can be part of it and perhaps get some recognition from the 2D fighting community (who basically think smash sucks and that we all suck for playing it.)
Not going to this then. Foo. :(

Best of luck with us getting recognized and whatnot, but I can't say I am holding my breath on that. :ohwell:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
you're right.

Cause they keep giving us chances and people keep flaking. Doesn't help that the "smash" community wants to be ONE smash community with what brawl did to Shin last year.

I'm just throwing facts out there once again so that later on down the road I can once again say "Hey I tried to tell you guys."

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
you're right.

Cause they keep giving us chances and people keep flaking. Doesn't help that the "smash" community wants to be ONE smash community with what brawl did to Shin last year.

I'm just throwing facts out there once again so that later on down the road I can once again say "Hey I tried to tell you guys."
Well, this.

As well...the price isn't exactly helping things either, @ least for me.

Just compare and contrast:
Pound 4: Paid $37.50 to enter for three days of of playing both Melee & Brawl, including an incredible mini smashfest with all the Luigis there.
This: One day of playing (I can't make Melee due to class, so scratch Friday out of the equation) for $50, plus a late arrival.

It's pretty clear cut as to why I'm holding onto my money.

nice1

Smash Lord

hit the nail on the coffin

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Well, this.

As well...the price isn't exactly helping things either, @ least for me.

Just compare and contrast:
Pound 4: Paid $37.50 to enter for three days of of playing both Melee & Brawl, including an incredible mini smashfest with all the Luigis there.
This: One day of playing (I can't make Melee due to class, so scratch Friday out of the equation) for $50, plus a late arrival.

It's pretty clear cut as to why I'm holding onto my money.
Nobody's faulting you for the personal circumstances that prevent you from going to FR.
What Dogy's trying to say is that in the past, brawlers have been the major stain on smash's reputation at Final Round and the Impact Clash series, and that ALL of us ought to try and show up because eventually the 2D fighting community will just give up on trying to get along with us.

Nobody's blaming you personally, Kazoo.
The emphasis here is more that the smash community IN GENERAL needs to step it up and come out to these events, and show how good our game is- ShinBlanka has been more than kind enough to ONCE AGAIN hold smash at his tournament, even despite the way he's been crapped on by some members of our community in the past.
So basically if we don't get it right this time, we're losing our chance to grow and perhaps include new players from the rest of the 2D fighting scene.

PB&J

Smash Hero
ninjalink is coming..yes. hes fun to watch in brawl

im trying to c0me to this but its 50/50 and if anybody from out of town needs housing ..let me know

631-484-0733

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Who is Ninjabad teaming with? I need to know if teams is worth entering at this point.

Top Bottom