• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy XIII

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
LOL

True enough... Hope is the one character I still don't really care for. He's coming around though.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm on chapter 9 right now but I've probably spent more hours on the game than other people did when they got to chapter 9 because I had to do about 3 hours of grinding to beat a certain boss (I won't say which it is for spoiler purposes, even though it's a minor spoiler).
You mean
Bartandelus or whatever the **** he's called? The fal' cie thing that ***** with magic?

It took me awhile to figure out how to beat the thing -__-
Didn't need to grind for it though =O

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You mean
Bartandelus or whatever the **** he's called? The fal' cie thing that ***** with magic?

It took me awhile to figure out how to beat the thing -__-
Didn't need to grind for it though =O
I got a 0-Star ranking on beating that guy just now. I strategized, just didn't do it fast enough it seems. That guy... I beat him on the first try, and even had to use Odin once to save myself from his blast. I had Lightning, Snow, and Hope as my team.

The ending of Chapter 9... I just saved at Chapter 10 and called it a night/morning. But no game has been able to tug at my heart the way this game has.

Serah... I'll be playing more later, but I can't help but wonder what in the world's going to happen to them all...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah I'm fairly defensive in this game, which is what ****ed me over with that guy. Once I found out that aggro was the way to go I beat him no problem.........

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Chapter 9 boss really wasn't all that bad. You just really need to know how not to die by that one attack. :laugh:
But yeah, I did get a gameover too. I thought my problems was due to HP but that clearly wasn't it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hardest Eidolons:
Brynhildr
Bahamut
and
Hecatoncheir

The boss you guys are talking about wasn't all that hard for me. It took a good 15-18 minutes or so, but he wasn't difficult. I think I lost Fang and Sazh once or twice, but I managed to stay fit for the most part.

Ch. 11 is the longest chapter ever. It feels like a full-fledged FF game, through and through. I have a feeling that I'm nearing its end, but I've been playing it for several days now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
FF XIII wasn't all that fun for me at the start, except for the battles. Story's alright, but it's not clicking with me.
After reaching Chapter 11, I'm really liking the game. It took so long to get this far, but it was worth it.

My old team was Lightning/Hope/Fang, but now I've switched it to Lightning/Snow/Sazh.
Battles are going much faster for me right now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I suspected there would be a sequel early on in my play through the game. I remember thinking, "they put too much time into this system to not make a sequel," which is how Majora's Mask was made.

And to hear the comment, "In the past three years we worked both on the world and on the various systems. Creating these systems isn’t very glamorous and can frankly be a bit boring. If we could do a XIII-2, we could direct all our attention to the story and refine what we have already built," that's absolutely perfect. Pulse has so much potential for an amazing, more traditional Final Fantasy game to take place on. FFXIII could be told through chapters, but FFXIII-2 could be a more open-world experience with various locales, tons of side quests, etc.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'd rather they use the resources they've built up and use it as a different Fabula Nova Crystallis game and experiment even further. I just don't like the idea of having a direct sequel.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
... That'd be really cool, actually. XIII-2 doesn't roll off the tongue as well as X-2 did. LOL

But I wouldn't mind. Especially if it's as good as the first one.

Matt07

Smash Master
Probably going to buy the game this weekend! So many good games out this year, so much money out of my pockets too :(.

nevershootme

Smash Master
spoiler talk. like seriously lol... currently on chapter 11 and have to grind the CP away to progress -_-;

so in the flashbacks there are 13 days (assuming). can anyone be able to fill in the gaps and the clear explanation behind those days.

Day 1: Fang and Vanille wake up from their hundred(s) year crystal state on Pulse in Oerba (obera w/e spelling)...

Day 2:

day 3 or 4: fang and vanille destroy the facility and dajh gets the l'cie mark.

I know day 7 or 8 involves most of the cast on palo-blah blah (hope's hometown celebrating the festivities and serah, snow, and lightning drama.

day 9 or 10 we see sazh and lightning on the train to Pulse

days 11, 12, 13 I don't remember.. but i guess day 13 is where we're currently playing.

Lobos

Smash Master
I'm 40 hours in.....chapter 11.....Some advice for those who haven't reached this chapter yet....grind before moving on.

I tried to lvl up for like an hour or so but I wanted to know more of the story so I moved on. Wasn't the best choice since I'm dying agaisnt regular foes often lol

Awesome game.....I haven't touched anything else since I got this (maybe ff12 for alittle)

nevershootme

Smash Master
I'm 40 hours in.....chapter 11.....Some advice for those who haven't reached this chapter yet....grind before moving on.

I tried to lvl up for like an hour or so but I wanted to know more of the story so I moved on. Wasn't the best choice since I'm dying agaisnt regular foes often lol

Awesome game.....I haven't touched anything else since I got this (maybe ff12 for alittle)
lol I got to chapter 11 in 25 hours with little weapon and item upgrades. now currently at 35-40 hours trying to grind my way to get past it... man it blows to grind all those items up but aurora scarf is pretty useful in quick buffs at the start of battle for sazh or hope.

also... the game box quote is such a rip from Spider-Man 3 lol.... pretty "original"

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Spire, where was that place in Gran Pulse that you farmed Behemoth Kings? Was it the area with the fog?

I just got there and GOD **** it's huge. I have to go to the other side of the map to do the first mission.

Also, does anyone know a good way of farming Scarletite? I'm going to need a lot of it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm currently on Chapter 13, so yeah, I'm almost done with the game. I went back to go grind since the enemies there are strong and they don't give me much CP. I haven't found a set team yet. I've been using different teams lately and I like how each character plays. I like how the characters are unique, but also really useful in their own field.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Whether this may come off as a dumb statement to some or not, this is one of my favorite Final Fantasies lol. I'm currently tearing my hair out on who I want in my party because I love every character besides for Hope. Right now I'm running Lightning/Fang/Vanille but I'm thinking of maybe dropping Vanille somewhere along the road so it doesn't feel so....FFX-2'ish lol. Then it'd be a war between Snow and Sazh >_<!!! Oh well, I'll see how things shape out as more roles become available for each character, I mean I'm only starting chapter 10 finally. Btw, the story is addicting as eff!!!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Whether this may come off as a dumb statement to some or not, this is one of my favorite Final Fantasies lol.
I don't think that's a dumb statement at all. In fact, I'd say it's easily one of the better ones. I can't really think of another FF game besides maybe VI where they detailed all the characters so well. And of course the music is really good, which is surprising because the last game without Uematsu didn't have good music imo.

I haven't beat XIII but so far I'd say my favorites list in FF is:

Most Favorite

VI
X
I
XIII*
IX**
IV
III
VII**
V
VIII*
XI
XII***
II***

Least Favorite

*Haven't finished but nearing the end.
**Haven't finished, not very far in.
***Haven't finished, didn't want to.

Right now I'm running Lightning/Fang/Vanille but I'm thinking of maybe dropping Vanille somewhere along the road so it doesn't feel so....FFX-2'ish lol.
I lol'd.

If you drop Vanille for someone, I'd say go with Sazh since it looks like your party could use a Synergist.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Final Fantasy XIII is far from my favorite. For some odd reason, it just didn't click with me compared to the others. It's not a bad game at all, and I can see why some people love it.

Here's my rating for the Final Fantasies that I have beaten:

Favorite
VI
VII
V
IV
X
VIII
IX
III
XII
Least Favorite

I haven't beaten I or II, I haven't played XI, and I'm almost done with XIII. XII is at the bottom of my list currently but I did enjoy playing through XII if that gives you a hint on how much I like the games. If I had to put XIII in that least, it'd be above or below IX.

This list is based on which FFs I enjoyed the most/least, not which one I think is superior in general.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah I was thinking Vanille would be the one to get booted because I love Fang and Lightning wayyyyyy too much to drop them. I was worried though with removing her because then I only have one medic, but I guess as long as Lightning's magic is decent and I'm not all mad aggro in a fight where I'm at low health, I should be fine =P

Really sucks the game doesn't support four characters, I really like Snow too because my favorite character in every Final Fantasy is usually the fist fighting one(Zell being my alltime favorite Final Fantasy character) buttttt...he just doesn't fit in well seeing as Fang is already a Sentinel, Lightning is a Ravager, and both of them are Commandos =/

Gates

Banned via Warnings
One medic is all you really need when you have a Sentinel on your team.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Lightning was my medic until the boss fight in Chapter 11. Cura wasn't good enough even after a Synergist casted haste on her. I still don't have a set team. I kind of change whenever I have issues with a boss.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I've never had problems with Lightning as a Medic. I do use Potions and Doctor's Code a lot though so maybe that affects it.

Potions are too ****ing good in this game.

kr3wman

Smash Master
My ranking of FFs I've beaten.

I
VII
X

lulz.

playing through II and V at the moment.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Huh....that's interesting, I for some reason never thought to level up Doctor's Code lol. I always figured eventually Hi-Potions would appear xP Made it to chapter 11 and I keep on glaring at Sazh and wanting him in my party =( But that means there's no Medics blahhhhh....if I start leveling up his Medic class, is it any good? I also hear that Vanille's Synergist class has a group haste ability?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's a lot harder to level a character's "non-main" classes, to the point where it's really just best to stick with the original 3 unless you have a ton of free time for CP farming.

I've never upgraded Doctor's Code either and I do just fine with healing with potions. It's not as good as cure but it's quicker and can be done with any class.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I also hear that Vanille's Synergist class has a group haste ability?
Not sure lol
But I plan on leveling up her Synergist class either way. I'll get around to it eventually lol
I don't wanna use Hope or Sazh >:[

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I finally finished FF XIII today. XIII didn't suit my tastes. I don't think it's a bad game and I can understand why some people like it. I think XIII missed a lot of things that I like about a Final Fantasy game.

Lobos

Smash Master
I could of finished but I stayed around gran pluse to do the missions.....so instead of moving on to chap 12....I beat missions 1-30,32.....got chocobos and upgraded everyone's weapon with them being lvl40+ now.....so much money and time spent

Last time I checked I was at 55 hours and had just saved at the start of 12.

Top Bottom