• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
Vote: Joey

Thank you, Joey for giving me stuff to actually substantiate my read on you. Your reasoning there is so so empty.

Your claims:
Their entire play has been idiotic.
-Show how just 5 of my posts are "idiotic".

Rake and Wulf have been buddying.
-Show just 1 post where we have been buddying. We, TS have been on Rake's *** since the day started haha. Your only support here is that Rake has a town read on us lol. Explain how having a town read equates to buddying. How does Rake having a town read on someone differentiate from any other player having a town read on someone? You claim that Rake stated we are town multiple times, but he has only stated when asked his read on us which has been multiple times.

wait that's all.

So your only claim to us being scummy is our play being idiotic, but you cannot support this at all. As Rake said, you're just throwing a blanket statement and hoping it sticks because people don't like our active brony play. In reality, however, there is nothing idiotic about our play. I'm confused, are you saying that us thinking that JTB should have the GF is a scumtell or...?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
"From the Rake vote to them saying that JTB could get the GF... :S."

They haven't really done much that's been important besides the two above. But since you're so keen on me saying that their play is idiotic is a blanket statement, what about their play can't be categorized as idiotic?
Their spearheading of my lynch creating the basis of the logic which most people are now using to vote and possibly lynch me ?

Or their Q&A with other players about best use of GF's.

Or you know, everything i said in my wall of why i have a town read on zen

imo it's pretty fine logic when I see both of you scummy as hell, but I can't see scum buddying their own this early(aka you going out of your way to say that Twilight Sparkle is town multiple times iIrc). I also don't see scum trying to eliminate their own this early when they're claiming a power role like that. Although you are kind of changing my mind a bit with your meta (which doesn't matter at all and won't change my mindset at all btw) defense on Zen. I guess that would make you two not part of the same scum team. I could actually see Twilight mafia and you indy with the way you claimed that.
No, it's revolving door door logic that allows you to safely push my and zen's lynches without having to be fully accountable for it based on saying "oh, Rake was town, well Zen must be scum" it also lets you not commit to making an actual read on a slot before they are gone, freeing you to post flip go "oh everyone else was saying it and the logic /etc , don't lynch me i followed town".

Why would I be OMGUS'ing Twilight Sparkle when they have nothing against me? They've had me in the same position since before I even posted. I have no reason to care about them having me as scum if it's based on 1) Me posting nothing (before I posted) and 2) V/LA posts (after I posted).
lol nice bolding of nothing, really makes me less suspicious.
you also clearly cared as from what you posted most of your zen scum was based on him going after you for nothing, and play which you blanketed as "idiotic".

And as scum you have every reason to worry, and the fact you keep mentioning how little zen has only does more for me to be suspicious of you, it's like your trying to re-affirm that zen came out of nowhere with it, and pass it off as only that to avoid being grilled on it.

Your claim was completely out of place. You worked up into it, yes, but it's still random and idiotic. Just because you say "I soft claimed day-vig" and then claim regular vig doesn't make it out of place at all. Also, just because you start a continuation of posts based on you being able to clear someone this day phase if you get the GF doesn't mean that it's not out of place either (especially since your claim doesn't line up with that line of reasoning at all).
not really, i was already talkign about legit claiming and making D1 more interesting, it was completely in line with what was happening.

You saying your early-game play was purposefully scummy and you claiming a GREAT power role (especially with the GF at play) just because someone was like "Are you vig hurdurr?" definitely doesn't encourage me to have you as town. It also looks like the perfect excuse to cover your *** after terrible play pre-claim, since anyone can connect the mafia not being immune to night kills as a vig being a cop of sorts. (Although you didn't consider Bullet Proof with this, either to make you seem like more of a power player or on accident altogether.)
Not that great imo, not a fan of being vig myself and legit wanted to be scum this game. You have no idea how disappointed i am that i am town. No one said "are you a vig? " i soft claimed day vig, talked about legit claiming, then legit claimed plain and simple.

I also have taken all the heat for the terribe play and gone done to the dot on why i did it, what i got , why i got it and what i'm doing about it. i don't understand what your saying in the second part.

Convince me that you're not scummy and that your claim isn't out of place. Also, if you're so interested in defending Twilight, why don't you show me how the rest of his crappy play isn't scummy if you think that him having me as 100% scum alone throughout all of day 1 based on nothing is null?

Nah, it's not my job to make you see it mang, nor is it my job to re-hash everything i've already said for you, it's up to you the accuser to back up what your saying, it's up to me to refute it with the truth and let the chips fall where they may while i do my thing.

I've already touched on twighlight, if your going to call him scum, go dig up why i have him as town and present a logical counter argument.

Your also going to have to point out quotes where you think his play was crappy to me , because i don't intend to bring up all of his posts and go through them one by one for you.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

wow joey you have not read, i called zen town a long time before he called me town and i have stuck by that because you aren't bringing anything to the table to show me why i am wrong

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
He called you town before 192 in a read list.

You called him town in 192 at the earliest unless it was straight up pre-game bs.

Dealing with the rest now :p.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

still, point remains valid, if you read my big spiel of reads i fully substantiate that town read and i intend to stand by that read until someone manages to show me scum intent behind what zenwulf was doing.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

which fyi joey, it's even more incredible to me that neither you nor Ttar has even given me or zen a fos or a vote , seeing as how suspicious you both are, you both really seem noncommittal towards our slots

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
Rake, vote Joey. Then tone down the posting for a bit (especially the multi-posts). It makes people more likely to skim and we really need the whites to get into the game.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

>mfw it takes tremendous tunneling , L-2 and half the roster on my *** to kick my gut in.

Zen, i kinda wanna keep my vote on Ttar , because he's floating at around the same level,(with joey being a bit higher of a scum pick based off recent posts) .I think i'm going to stay here a little longer till Ttar can address what people are asking him

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

after that i'll probably gladly join this joey wagon i started because my god. this game

so much

THIS GAME

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Before I do anything, I realized that I misunderstood something.

Twilight, why are you giving the GL to JTB of all people?

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
Before I do anything, I realized that I misunderstood something.

Twilight, why are you giving the GL to JTB of all people?

Not sure why you're making it an "of all people" type of thing. JTB so far has shared my same mind set and has brought up some good points that no one else has. So far he's playing more pro town than any of the so called power players. I want him around, easy as that.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
@mod, has there been any word from kary regarding his v/la?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think Rake is scum for his very grimy play and survivalist attitude towards wanting Carbuncle.
Why is this a topic of importance?
A majority seems to want this to go to Swiss which sounds like a great idea.
Orbo disappearing is important because I was beginning to pressure him, yet he disappeared without a word.

As for as Carbuncle goes, I want one of two things:

1) We give Carbuncle to Swiss and let Rake shoot him tonight. That way if we lynch Rake D2 and he happens to be vig, we have a clear in the form of Swiss.

2) We lynch Rake today and let Carbuncle randomly assign itself, thus giving us a chance that scum will shoot the BP by accident. The problem that lies with this is the chance scum will get Carbuncle and be able to shoot without fear of hitting BP.

I'm leaning towards option 1, I'm really on the fence on Rake being town or scum. If we were to go with that, even if Rake does flip town, we have a clear at the very least.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Real. Page 6 is where I was up to.

Rake 99% of these posts are you. Die.

Zen leans town. Irritatingly. By which I mean he is both leaning town in an irritating manner and that I am irritated by this.

Bahaha me slamming Boss. Forgot about that.

wtf game just started.

Rapid thoughts as I go. Have seen most of the game anyway.

Yeah RR town. Joey also, I get Rake town from future stuff.

I don't really want to.
Why submit to me then defy me.

Make up your mind.

You gave me D1. Don't make RadFic regret it. What does that mean? No idea.

Read into it.

Ruy, don't summon the GF.

I have an ability called "Six Steel Pipes" or something similar. It gets reassigned if I don't use it. If two other abilities (6 Remedy+s and 6 somethings) get used then Doomtrain becomes available. I don't remember exactly which I have or if it's 6 or what the third item is, but google the item sidequest you have to do for Doomtrain and it's that.

Anyone who has a townread on Boss or Swiss at this stage is ********.

I would lynch Ruy and if he flips scum, then Rake. I would lynch Zenwulf and have no regrets.

Should get to talk with Raz this afternoon.
Please, be more vague.

Swiss, you have Boss as town, right?
wat no

Also, if you ever call me obtuse, I'm shooting you.

Who would you have me investigate depending on what my investigation does?
Obtuse.

Nyer. Bring it. I'm Caburnacblbeed.

Oh god Rake you are annoying.

And I already commented on this stuff. Thought it sounded familiar.

GG pro Swiss totes deserves his rep.

Yo Ryker this is Kevin, you're wrong on that account and no offense but stop trying to figure it out. Me and Tom aren't going to *****foot things like other Hydra's anything that comes out of our slot comes from our slot doesn't matter who said it and we're not going to hide behind "I hadn't talked with the other person yet" ploys.

Ryker you didn't answer my question so I ask again this time without you being a stubborn ****head.

How well are you able to read Swiss?

If at any point in this game if Swiss pins you as mafia, or you pin him as mafia and manage to force a lynch I am putting out there that we the lynch the other one the next day without exception. Is this agreeable to you?

Still think we should give me and Tom the GF.. us being NK-proof Lynch-Proof sounds swaaggggg.

Swiss if you're going to continue to play anti-town I'm completely ok with you being a D1 lynch. Not going to sit here and try and out ego You/Ryker hydra but I'm perfectly ok with you guys going because I know how Ryker plays pretty well now and it's not particularly helpful to town when he feels the need to just try and make power plays on town with you trying to wrestle it from him.

Yo RR, I personally don't think you should make the GF appear until we have more solid townreads. In fact if you make it appear anytime before there is a town consensus you're going to be the lynch that day. I don't want you just listening to Swiss/Ryker/Our Slot I want their to be a legitimate 66% of the game agreeing with the decision. This clause is subject to change as we gather more clears the game situation molds itself into something that we can benefit having an extra GA from.

Orbo, sup bro I'm going to need you to make a reads list every 72 hours along with the reason you have people where they are. I don't want just an unexplained color wheel, I want legitimate reads, if you are unable to do this then I propose that we lynch you before you needlessly make it into a late-game scenario where you've been prone to make mistakes.

Swiss back to you really quick if you continue to ignore questions that I think could be relevant to helping town I will just make sure you get lynched sound good? Cool! Glad to be playing in a game with you again bro.

Rake, fine with you posting as much as you want if you want to just go ahead and give us the GF that'd be great. How confident are you in reading Swiss/Ryker.. you seem to be confident that you can read my slot based off of head/gut are there any other people that you can read in this game well?

What specifically do you think of Swiss currently? I want you to elaborate on how you feel and explain what you're thinking of his question dodging and general play in the confirmation phase.

Raziek part of Ryker head, sup bro? Ryker tends to talk about mafia games a lot I can vouch for this after being with him in two different games.. I expect you to be a huge help to being the more articulate half of the slot since Ryker will most likely spend a lot of D1-D2 trying to butt heads with anyone he perceives as a possible threat to his control (ie No Hetero vs Us in the Wall).

Vote Kantrip's Hydra

This will work for now.
This post feels empty. You weren't comfortable when writing it. Feels forced.

Rake to me seems town just because I haven't ever seen Rake scum that I can remember offhand and he's already made almost 100 posts and 80 of them I think are terrible... seems about what I usually see for Rake town.
This is ****in' dumb beyond belief.

Orb straight null

You pestered every hydra to do so all during Ryker mafia because you are unable to read hydras. Since you aren't doing so here, it would indicate that you don't need to read the hydras.
You're being silly.

Skipping Rake's posts.

#304 10/10 would read again.

@Why it's good to put them on Swiss: Because the more involvement Swiss has, the better. Otherwise he is going to cruise through if he is scum. And be a useless domo **** if he is town.
I am offended.

Zen JTB town.

Ya I'll be talking to him, but it'll mostly be me playing. What ryu hate? And what's OMGUS? I keep forgetting.
Dislike. Didn't I ask you something earlier?

your also assuming scum doesn't shoot said serial killer who received carbunkle and claim vig.

Scum could also shoot the bulletproof townie, the townie lives , scum just claims vig.

cmon jtb, this should be obvious, how could you not possibly think that something like that would backfire ?
facepalm

Ryker, why aren't you gunning for Carbunavbakele?

pro level.

I'm currently weighing whether i want to actually claim and turn D1 into alot more fun, or let my soft claim of day vig sit out there till everyone has seen it
harder facepalm

Rake do NOT fall into the Ranmaru trap of getting way ahead of yourself. Calm down. You are not pro.

n.b push rake on ego, too sure

This is painful to read.

Rake, shut up or die.

/missed the vig claim. Points above stand.

Could you explain the Twilight Sparkle votes?

I assume you're referring to the way I'm presenting my read on Red Ryu being similar to my early game read on Vinyl in John's game? Why does that give scum indications? Are you just going off the logic "since the last time he did this he wasn't town, him doing it means he's not town", or do you have an intent-based reason?

I will admit that I was doing the same thing, and the fact that Rake pointed that out does mean he is processing what he's reading. I'd give that a town lean, but then there's his interaction with Murderbush:

Answering a question directed at someone else is an honest mistake, Rake clearly thought the question was for him. I doubt that Rake and Murderbush are scum together because of this.

But I don't like this response. Why can't Rake just say "oh my mistake" or something. It just doesn't make sense that he played his mistake off as intentional. Perhaps he developed an ego or something? Scared of looking dumb...?

And then this post is the one that I actually dislike. The first part just annoys me but isn't scummy, it actually lines up with him playing off his mistake as not a mistake or whatever. But the question.... Something about it I just don't like. Like what does Rake get by asking that other than a back-door/excuse not to get involved with one of the most influential slots? Certainly not something helpful for town....

And he doesn't even commit to that.

Kantrip FoS: Rake

I was throwing out a fun little accusation in pre-game for Red Ruy. I'm not even going to pretend to cling to it like I did with the Vinyl read in Puzzle Bobble because if it didn't work then, why would it work this time?

But my read on you is legit. Why didn't you just say that your answering Murderbush's question was a mistake on your part?
Why make a case on Rake that wasn't needed, then not vote?

I like that you specified which half of the hydra posted, who's idea was this/why do it.

I honestly have 0 confidence in my game as any alignment and even when i'm right it does nothing to me in terms of how i actually play the game. i like being right, but often times even after being right i criticize my own play for not making it as clear as it is too me
Ryker what's your read from this? Would like to see as much detail as we'd discuss when hydra'ing.

RR has to be town.

#435 10/10 would read again

Inferno comes out hard and fast similar to KWK. Zen still town. Did nothing other than jump an easy wagon and produced no content other than a passing remark at KWK with no backup. Really dislike this.

Rake post P12 I will have to come back to your posts. Too many.

Prod Dodge for Boss ill either post when I get home from urgent care or Tom said he could take it when he's outta work.

Rake wtf is your slot? Swiss I hate you in this game.

:phone:
You're gonna hate me a lot more when you're active again.

1. It was a cool way to quote the video from which our avatar name derives: Don't Hug me I'm Scared.
2. My slot may have been white, but there were plenty of other slots that Zen had completely unwarranted reads on, some that had posted just as much as mine. Just because the read on us was natural doesn't mean the list itself was.
Point 1 is fair, Point 2 grates on me. In all fairness, I'd be scared of me also.

My eyes see through deceit.

More case on Rake with no vote.

VOTE: Tyranitarphantom

scum can be no clearer lol.

I'll explain but first:

Tyra: There are only two ways this goes, your either scum or a really dumb VT trying to shoe you are for serious business. Which one is it ?
Here we go again...

Rake is town.

And dumb.

Rake I'm pretty sure when you've asked me for advice I've told you to not get ahead of yourself. Was that you? Think it was.

+1 RR

Vote: Rake

I'm down for this.
godammit no

THINK.

He just took heat for making a big play which came out with most people disliking him. His optimal play was to then play as people wanted him to, to show pro-town intentions. Making another 'big play' by openly calling people dumb is beyond the remit of all the the ballsiest scum. I do not truly believe Rake believes in himself enough to do this. He is, however, ignorant enough and fame hungry enough to risk almost everything to net a scum-lynch.

Will you please start differentiating intent from outcome.

Watch me be wrong on this...

Got to page 13 and need a break.

Zen, Carunbackcuvling me is a good idea.

Zen, JTB, Rake, Swiss, RR town.

Boss and KWK scum.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ugh, but then that vote from Rake on Ttar is just, ugh, taking an easy route out

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Orbo disappearing is important because I was beginning to pressure him, yet he disappeared without a word.

As for as Carbuncle goes, I want one of two things:

1) We give Carbuncle to Swiss and let Rake shoot him tonight. That way if we lynch Rake D2 and he happens to be vig, we have a clear in the form of Swiss.

2) We lynch Rake today and let Carbuncle randomly assign itself, thus giving us a chance that scum will shoot the BP by accident. The problem that lies with this is the chance scum will get Carbuncle and be able to shoot without fear of hitting BP.

I'm leaning towards option 1, I'm really on the fence on Rake being town or scum. If we were to go with that, even if Rake does flip town, we have a clear at the very least.
What about a 3rd option of lynch Rake and assign Carbuncle to whomever is the towniest/strongest player? This would be used instead of option 2 unless you really think it would be better to WIFOM this. Personally, if Rake is to be lynched, I'd rather have a BP sent to someone we know/trust than have it randomly given to someone like Orbo.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

that implies that town could reach a consensus on who is "towniest" which is loosely defined by each individual player

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Okay, I need to rethink things before I respond to Twilight & Rake. Different view on Twilight, realized that JTB has done way more than I thought they have. Skipped a page on accident and realized earlier that he actually thought of the "Shoot GL. Scum = dead, town = clear" thing when I thought Rake brought it up with his vig claim.

@Twilight: I thought you choosing JTB was random since he didn't really stick out to me at all on initial read as doing anything. It was a major mistake on my part.

More of a town read on Twilight now than earlier.

Fine with giving GL to random or to Rake. Feel better with Random due to roleblocker being able to **** all over us if he's really a vig.

Responding to everything once I do my english project and do a quick re-read to gather thoughts with these new things in mind.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
that implies that town could reach a consensus on who is "towniest" which is loosely defined by each individual player
It doesn't have to be everyone's #1 town read, but still someone who most of us can agree is town. Remember that the person is only BP/unlynchable for 1 day/night phase so it's not a long term effect. I would rather have someone I trust be protected then someone random. I'm also going to unassign until we agree on a plan.

Unassign Carbuncle

Okay, I need to rethink things before I respond to Twilight & Rake. Different view on Twilight, realized that JTB has done way more than I thought they have. Skipped a page on accident and realized earlier that he actually thought of the "Shoot GL. Scum = dead, town = clear" thing when I thought Rake brought it up with his vig claim.

@Twilight: I thought you choosing JTB was random since he didn't really stick out to me at all on initial read as doing anything. It was a major mistake on my part.

More of a town read on Twilight now than earlier.

Fine with giving GL to random or to Rake. Feel better with Random due to roleblocker being able to **** all over us if he's really a vig.

Responding to everything once I do my english project and do a quick re-read to gather thoughts with these new things in mind.

Rake is not getting Carbuncle. The method would be to give Carbuncle to a power player (probably Swiss from the sound of it) and have Rake shoot him. If Swiss were to live, then he's town. If not, he's scum and dead. However we run the risk of Rake being scum and lying about it (which is not hard to do). Also if we follow this plan, then we have to lynch someone else. Who would you pick Joey?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

there's also the fact that i resolve last Inferno, among all kill actions, meaning unless someone's ability is to speed up NAR, i'm going to die and i would assume my shot resolving last + my death means it would not occur flat out

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i have claimed and am a vig lol.

i'd be both surprised and slightly aroused by any scum team willing to risk having me around short of me being consistently rb'd all game, which would effectively open them up to all sorts of abuse from the other town PR's.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

it changes the point that joey was trying to make that i had swapped stances, when it should be clear to anyone that i wasn't being serious about calling them scum at that point lol

Boss

KevinM|Tom
Hmm throughout all of Swiss' post I see about 9-10 contradictions I could point out and will do but I'll let people pick them out themselves first here let me start with one though and we can work through all of his stupid forced bull**** one at a time shall we?

Number 1. You point out that my reasoning of having Rake as town is stupid.. I said he has multiple posts and I am reading him as dumb which is a reason I feel safe about him posting so much with a substantial amount of posts having either wrong substance or nothing at all. You the post near the end of your wall of crap

"Here we go again...

Rake is town.

And dumb."

Oh wow you came to the same conclusion I did pages later after being inactive and making **** posts.

I want to play ball with you but I'm assuming you'll "skim" over a bunch of posts again.. get in some ego fest with Ryker and have half the playercast here ignore the fact that you're not playing a town game.

Top Bottom