• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Swiss

Smash Lord
Hmm throughout all of Swiss' post I see about 9-10 contradictions I could point out and will do but I'll let people pick them out themselves first here let me start with one though and we can work through all of his stupid forced bull**** one at a time shall we?

Number 1. You point out that my reasoning of having Rake as town is stupid.. I said he has multiple posts and I am reading him as dumb which is a reason I feel safe about him posting so much with a substantial amount of posts having either wrong substance or nothing at all. You the post near the end of your wall of crap

"Here we go again...

Rake is town.

And dumb."

Oh wow you came to the same conclusion I did pages later after being inactive and making **** posts.

I want to play ball with you but I'm assuming you'll "skim" over a bunch of posts again.. get in some ego fest with Ryker and have half the playercast here ignore the fact that you're not playing a town game.
Do you want some chips with that order of salt?

I said, if I recall, your reasoning was poor. Which is irrespective of the read itself.

lern2play

Also considering my most recent post was a wall of content I find it amuisng you're still clinging to this "erhmagerd swiss has ego and saiz meen things about mah skill wee should ignore himmmm" - hardly my fault your play is sub-par.

What was so interesting about this?

I noted something interesting about it myself.
I am answering this on faith and hoping you return the favour with my similar question (wrt Rake?).

To put this in my perspective I had a strong town read on Rake here. He responded to a mildly difficult question immediately (I think it was a Twilight question, I was in thread and it took him >20 to read it and post an answer). The reasoning for this read obviously is nullified in light of his ego which I had not realised was as severe. (Did you get that I asked if he had his role PM in order to check if he was just excited with no role PM? Be honest.)

I wanted to see if Twilight would reason through to a town read or push and discredit Rake. I posted that I was watching it to make sure it the exchange didn't fizzle out.

Upon looking at your question, I haven't answered what you actually asked. I did not pick up anything significant, unless you're referring to Boss.

Swiss, I'm reading Rake as Indy more so than Mafia, Serial killer.

I know he put himself in front of everyone playing like he did. He purposefully went against the grain, but his play. Wanting Carbuncle in turn for possibly clearing players, it just screams self protection while making himself appear better for town. I know Rake, I know he can jump ahead at times, but here...it's just so off with what he did.

Why are you so sure he did it in a sense of, "Too dumb to be scum"

Also, reading you with a town lean, should I summon the GF I said earlier or not?
Summon the GF tomorrow or Day 3. You really shouldn't have mentioned you have one but you're never going to be a kill target. My only concern is that there are manipulative roles which can now use this against you. Risk worth running. We don't really need a GF at the moment. Since, as I understand this, we do not know wtf the GF's will do - it will, short term, only as a catalyst for content.

Regarding Rake, it's not just that the play is dumb, it's that he 'made' his gambit then re-gambitted - which is not how an indie or scum that barely got off the hook would react. The him wanting Carbunacnclylbe situation can be overlooked.

I've never been good at getting reads on Swiss and I didn't look at Boss' posts too much tbh.
Try.

@ Ryker catchup post.

1.) Wow
6.) I fist-pumped the air.

n.b. We need to discuss Zen's hydra. No wait, I had him as scum then also.

Ryker, wanna play like we're RadFic? Trust me.

I really want Boss and KWK dead.

Ryker needs must discuss JTB and Twilight.

Boss

KevinM|Tom
Vote Orbo

Still don't see a reads list..

Still don't see you in the game.

Will not allow this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
oh **** im not allowed to do that am i? posting in cyhpers. i just remembered. ok it stands for btnacdorbicshumttiaswharit by the way thats not a chainsaw defense on rake but i can see how u might think that and how ryker could be town if we were scum
Why would you be worried about being seen as using a chainsaw defense ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Ryker, give me something to work with, i say to thee that Masq be scummy , what was your most recent take on him ?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I am answering this on faith and hoping you return the favour with my similar question (wrt Rake?).
Yeah, I've got you. I'll get it as I go through, unless it concerns page 5 Rake.

@ Ryker catchup post.

1.) Wow
6.) I fist-pumped the air.

n.b. We need to discuss Zen's hydra. No wait, I had him as scum then also.

Ryker, wanna play like we're RadFic? Trust me.

I really want Boss and KWK dead.

Ryker needs must discuss JTB and Twilight.
6.) That was for you.

@Radfic offer - That's what the notes are for. I wouldn't put the effort in otherwise. Doc on me.

JTB is my leading choice to kill because I don't think Rake claims vig as mafia. His beginning was bothering the mod and scumreading my town read without applying any level of commitment or pressure. We'll see if it's rectified.

Twilight is really ****ing annoying. I hate his hammering on Rake with dead-end questions. Then he posted that first readlist which lined up exactly with what I was saying when you take out the obvious filler bull****. Then, about 15 posts later, he flips his Rake and Ruy reads which was absolutely disgusting. Now, he's still dodging me when I'm asking him very defined questions.

Still have to read.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Ryker, give me something to work with, i say to thee that Masq be scummy , what was your most recent take on him ?
I say to you that, in all likelihood, I am going to go down today as trying to save him. Joey is retardedly easy to mislynch and I'm not going to let a stupid lynch go down when there are people who actually need to drop dead. If he said something worth lynching, I'll let you know.

How about, you don't ask me about things I haven't read until I am current?

For the record, I think you're absolutely ******** and have been all game.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

thats alright , you'll be rid of me past D2 in all liklihood and that'll make it 100% easier deal with me

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Are you really going to call us out on pre-game reads? Can you catch up some first before throwing around accusations that don't even really line up anymore? Consider me dissapoint.
Yes, yes I am. You are the one who chose to use confirmation phase as a time to start playing the game, so you can deal with it too.

Why doesn't an accusation line up simply because it stems from the beginning of the game. The fact of the matter is, I asked you a question, concerning the beginning of the game and then your answer was in direct conflict with what you previously stated.

Now, quit dodging my question. I ask again.

Why did you lie about your initial Ruy read and why did it flip from town to scum?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Brewyu here.

So Murderbush, or rather Ryker, Tell me about Swiss, I put him as a town lean off his #543 alone, but, as I saw with you and Swiss in a solo game, one of Zen's lynch the other player or imaginary player things where you correctly called Swiss scum.

What do people need to see in Swiss scum, this is something I'm trying to see here. Your responses, and Swiss', show to me, neither of you know each other's alignment. What is your read on Swiss, and if we wanted to see scum Swiss, what do we need to look for?
That game I legitimately could not tell because it would be impossible to read him without the context of other players. I lynched him because it meant either I won or we both lost. Means he didn't beat me.

You need to know WHY he thinks things, but he reaches reads completely differently from every other player I've ever seen ever. The only reason I somewhat have a handle on his motivations is from playing alongside him over and over and over. Even then, I can't pick it out myself most of the time, but I can say "Yeah, okay, that's something Swiss would pick up on," after he's pointed it out.

The biggest tell for me is whether he and I agree. If a game continues long enough, we will have enough differences that it becomes apparent that he needs to go, so I never give him that long. As it stands, lynch him in LyLo with absolutely no reservations if I'm not around to throw the veto and lynch him if I tell you to lynch him or if he reads me incorrectly.

If Swiss draws indy, then hope that mafia kills him or you're boned.

I have Swiss as town at the moment because his posts at the stage in the game I've read line up with my thoughts. Even if I didn't have him as town, I would operate as if he was a town read until proven otherwise because it's the easiest way for me to read him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Rofl, I see Swiss plays Mafia the same way I do then.

Anyways, more pressure on Orbo I was serious about him having to give a read list every 72 hours. Sorry about not being able to post from Hydra but I'm at work.

Swiss thoughts on JTBs slot? I normally just assume its going to be inactive and run that to end game but ill be damned if I let that happen this game.

Rake your dismissing of my pressure on Orbo is duly noted.

:phone:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I see Ryker has brought up JTB .. what's up boo I'm down with lynching that slot or Orbo tonight? Yes ? Yes? Yes.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i dismissed it on the premise of waiting to see how how catches up, the same thing i told JTB recently lol

Swiss

Smash Lord
Boss, I have straight null on JTB. Someone brought up something good wrt him though I have no content on it.

I believe I asked you a few questions...? (If I didn't I shouldn't have)

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I say to you that, in all likelihood, I am going to go down today as trying to save him. Joey is retardedly easy to mislynch and I'm not going to let a stupid lynch go down when there are people who actually need to drop dead. If he said something worth lynching, I'll let you know.

How about, you don't ask me about things I haven't read until I am current?

For the record, I think you're absolutely ******** and have been all game.
Who are people that you think need to drop dead?

thats alright , you'll be rid of me past D2 in all liklihood and that'll make it 100% easier deal with me
Can you explain the bold for me?

@Swiss - Why do you consider Rake's posting as dumbtown? Although I think he could learn from people telling him that he talks a lot I distinctly remember him posting very idiotically when he was indy in Disney mafia. Actually tried really hard to get a protection, even when the jailer was lynched the day before. To me, it has a very similar type of play.

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
@Rykerpony: Just checked. When you asked me I didn't remember #145. I thought my initial read on Ruy was scum. After looking back now I remember I simply changed my mind on what I thought about him claiming his role. At first I took it at face value of him being easy going and that being a town role. Then I took it as him just trying to gain town credit. I thought hed might just try to ride that. But Later on (current) I see him as actually doing stuff so he is now at town to null.

@Bosspony: Please answer #507.

@KWKpony: Please elaborate on what questions you feel have been protown from Bosspony and elaborate on what posts you feel indicate town intent from bosspony.

@Everypony: I'm not sure why everypony thinks its so hard to read Swisspony. Rykerpony is much more difficult. Swisspony is likely town at the moment. If he starts going full out aggrotarded mode later on, then you should lynch him without hesitation.

@Everypony: I need to talk with my other half, but we are probably fine with Swisspony having Carbuncle tonight.

@Rykerpony: I'm pretty sure you'll come to a town read on JTPony later on when you're caught up. His play actually reminds me a bit of Sword's newbie game where he was pretty analytic there.

Die:
-Masquerain-
Orboknown

Boss (KevinM / Tom)
Anomandaris_Rake
Tyranitarphantom

Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium / Sokr)
Inferno3044

Live:
mUrDErBUSh (Raziek / Ryker)
Swiss
Red Ryu
Ranmaru
JTB

TwilightSparkle (BadWolf28738 / Ramen King)

Rakepony you can shoot anyone in the die pile. Do not tell us specifically who you will shoot however. You're also welcome to wifom and shoot whoever gets the Carbuncle.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I am literally 100% against giving Swiss a GF and I'm being serious.
Is this still your view? If so, why?

Yo Ryker this is Kevin, you're wrong on that account and no offense but stop trying to figure it out. Me and Tom aren't going to *****foot things like other Hydra's anything that comes out of our slot comes from our slot doesn't matter who said it and we're not going to hide behind "I hadn't talked with the other person yet" ploys.

Swiss if you're going to continue to play anti-town I'm completely ok with you being a D1 lynch. Not going to sit here and try and out ego You/Ryker hydra but I'm perfectly ok with you guys going because I know how Ryker plays pretty well now and it's not particularly helpful to town when he feels the need to just try and make power plays on town with you trying to wrestle it from him.

Yo RR, I personally don't think you should make the GF appear until we have more solid townreads. In fact if you make it appear anytime before there is a town consensus you're going to be the lynch that day. I don't want you just listening to Swiss/Ryker/Our Slot I want their to be a legitimate 66% of the game agreeing with the decision. This clause is subject to change as we gather more clears the game situation molds itself into something that we can benefit having an extra GA from.

Orbo, sup bro I'm going to need you to make a reads list every 72 hours along with the reason you have people where they are. I don't want just an unexplained color wheel, I want legitimate reads, if you are unable to do this then I propose that we lynch you before you needlessly make it into a late-game scenario where you've been prone to make mistakes.

Swiss back to you really quick if you continue to ignore questions that I think could be relevant to helping town I will just make sure you get lynched sound good? Cool! Glad to be playing in a game with you again bro.
color coded for convenience

I like this promise. It could be that they know that stuff doesn't work too well but I see it as they don't have anything to hide.

This shows that he wants this to be a productive town and is setting small boundaries for scum to hide in.

Immediately after laying down rules and making a move to cut back anything that isn't beneficial to town, he makes it clear that he is not the only one people should be listening to and that everyone gets a say. With a majority of town, this system hopefully results in actions made that only benefit town.

Again, cutting back anything potentially unhelpful to town.

Hmm throughout all of Swiss' post I see about 9-10 contradictions I could point out and will do but I'll let people pick them out themselves first
I went over it and haven't seen any other than what you mentioned.

Vote Orbo

Still don't see a reads list..

Still don't see you in the game.

Will not allow this.
And finally this. Actually backing up his intentions to keep town active and productive.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Sorry for being mia, dad is getting surgery tomorrow so been helping at home to prepare for that, plus friends pushing me to get them gold in 5s before league season ends. Should be able to get to this completely on Thursday

Top Bottom