• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
in fact as SK i would have so many more options it's ridiculous lol , having one person be immune would just mean i would kill someone else, i wouldn't bother trying to shoot them knowing the gf's abilities

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

^ the only way to prevent the above situation with me as SK would be to let it be randomly assigned and hope i manage to hit that same person.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

now , for my 2 cents on tyra, i think his post was an enormous revolving door which allows him to lynch both me and zen based on "if not one , than the other" reasoning, i have seen this tactic used by newbie mafia and have used it myself as mafia to avoid substantiating my reads.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 4 Day 1:

Lynch vote

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Kary
[0] JTB
[2] TwilightSparkle Swiss, mUrDErBUSh
[1] Tyranitarphantom Anomandaris_Rake
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[1] Kreative Whiz Kids Boss
[0] Orboknown
[0] Swiss
[5] Anomandaris_Rake Kreative Whiz Kids, JTB, TwilightSparkle, Inferno3044, Red Ryu

[4] Not voting:
Kary, Tyranitarphantom, -Masquerain-, Orboknown

Carbuncle

[1] mUrDErBUSh mUrDErBUSh
[0] Kary
[1] JTB TwilightSparkle
[0] TwilightSparkle
[0] Tyranitarphantom
[1] Boss Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Orboknown
[4] Swiss Kreative Whiz Kids, Red Ryu, Swiss, Anomandaris_Rake
[1] Anomandaris_Rake JTB

[5] Not assigning:
Kary, Tyranitarphantom, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Orboknown

Notes:
Currently V/LA: Kary

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
now , for my 2 cents on tyra, i think his post was an enormous revolving door which allows him to lynch both me and zen based on "if not one , than the other" reasoning, i have seen this tactic used by newbie mafia and have used it myself as mafia to avoid substantiating my reads.
I don't know what to make of you. I don't really see why you want to prove your claim so badly. No matter what you are, I feel that it would be a bit of a waste of a potentially useful GF.

I'll give you this, you're bold as hell. Quite thought-provoking.

TS, you gotta show me what's up with Joey. I went back and read his posts, and nothing stands out to me.

(Everyone, if you're going to shorten my name, make it Ttar.)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
unvote

Weekend over, I want to re-read this game throughout today.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i never said i'd shoot all of them lol.

and i said i'd act scummy in order to lure scum into calling me town, the people calling me scum or null are the ones who i know are legit reading and not worth pursuing at that point.
My mistake, but that is still terrible logic. From townRake perspective, why wouldn't scum just put you down as a scumread and just mislynch you instead? That makes no sense to me.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
alright, for those of you playing the home game , if we majority swiss and he's unlynchable, i'm shooting him tonight.

Otherwise if i live through the day i will decide at the end of the day, it will be majority style, so i want everyone before the day ends to say : Vote to Shoot: Some player whoever is the leader in these votes will be shot by me, if there is a tie i will wifom it.
I take back my posts immediately following this, this is another terrible plan. What happens if Swiss is town and we just mislynched him for no reason? There goes a free bulletproof.

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
Unvote

JTB you ninjad me. I swear I aint sheepin ya >.>

KWK said:
@TwilightSparkle: Could you elaborate on your JTB town read? I'm assuming that's why you voted to assign him the carbunkle? Also what do you think of RR?
Null read. The only reason why he is null is because I've never seen him play this good before so meta wise I have him as null. Play wise I want him to live because he is being the most pro town out of anyone right now and his posts are very analytic

Ruy is town. His asking us to be quiet shows that he was actually analyzing the situation and legitimately wanted to look at Rake.
KWK said:
Orbo clearly didn't respond to this vote and you since changed it. Was it supposed to be pressure, did you find him scummy, or was it just RVS-style?
The second. I agreed with JTB's reasoning and was showing my support for Orbo scum. I had Orbo suspicions prior to that as well while reading, then coming across JTB's vote I decided to vote him as well. I recall only switching because Rake.
Tyranitar said:
TS, you gotta show me what's up with Joey. I went back and read his posts, and nothing stands out to me.
I don't have any evidence.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Actually, gonna sleep on a few things.

Topics of importance:

Rake, dumb town or scum?
The great disappearance act of Orboknown
Assigning Carbuncle

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
-Masquerain-
Orboknown
Anomandaris_Rake (Indy/not mafia)

mUrDErBUSh (Raziek / Ryker)
Tyranitarphantom
Boss (KevinM / Tom)
Swiss
Inferno3044

Kary
Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium / Sokr)
JTB
Red Ryu
TwilightSparkle (BadWolf28738 / Ramen King)

Rake: Why did you claim that JTB's Carbuncle plan was dumb? Do you understand it now? If so can you explain it to me please.

Rake: I get what you were trying to do. I've attempted the same before. It doesn't work. Please don't try that strategy again. It's more anti-town than potentially pro-town. Also please start thinking a bit more before posting. Your reaction to JTB's plan and the "I'm not going to argue this" just really doesn't make much sense to me. Like I'm seriously trying to grasp if you actually understand what the plan was at this point, hence why I'd like you to explain it to me.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Topics of importance:

Rake, dumb town
:thumbs up:

Non-telling until orbo gets back, his catch up will be more indicative of alignment. Such as it was in HxH as townInactive orbo and such as it was in Majora's mask as i recall with scumInactiveOrbo

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

First off: Assign GF: No-one

Rake: Why did you claim that JTB's Carbuncle plan was dumb? Do you understand it now? If so can you explain it to me please.
I believe i understand it, but i still have the same issues with it , being:
1) Let's assume i'm not a vig (or a SK if thats still your read on me) , JTB's entire plan hinges on their being a vig. Without a vig, there is no way to know if the person is innocent or not without testing the lynch. This was why i opposed it, without a vig, someone mafia aligned or indy aligned with a kill would have no issue no killing in favor of having one of their partners claim vig (or in the case of a SK,claiming vig). After that it would be a simple matter of letting that partner ride it out and backing him. And as serial killer well it wouldn't be a great idea (being scums numero uno to take out as the claimed vig, then gambling you get doc protects, hence why i don't really understand why people believe me to be one lol). It just seemed too dependant on a vig existing. Even though one does

This doesn't even touch on the fact that by outright assigning Carbuncle, we would be telling mafia / indy who not to shoot that night.

Now , since there is a vig , even if you don't believe my claim, the fact still is I resolve last among killing actions, so even if the lynch swings elsewhere, short of doctors / jailers / redirection and other such things going down, i'm gonna be gone D2.

Rake: I get what you were trying to do. I've attempted the same before. It doesn't work. Please don't try that strategy again. It's more anti-town than potentially pro-town. Also please start thinking a bit more before posting. Your reaction to JTB's plan and the "I'm not going to argue this" just really doesn't make much sense to me. Like I'm seriously trying to grasp if you actually understand what the plan was at this point, hence why I'd like you to explain it to me.
As i understood it was: We give someone le Carbunkle, we hope there's a vig, vig shoots, person doesn't die = town clear, thing is like i just said above, it relied on their being a vig, which although it's true, is a pretty big hope to be carrying around. Without me being present as the vig, explicitly assigning the GF just opens up way too much in the way of usable wifom , especially on the mafia side, with indy it would be arguably a very bad idea to claim vig as your gambling on getting protected by whatever PR protective, but w/e.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Sheesh, I don't know whether to hate "zenwolfsparklepants" or Rake more. You guys are just irritating.

You both are scummy as hell. But unless you're secretly masterminds working together, only one of you is scum.

Convince me it's not you.
So I noticed this post of yours and Rake asked you to explain it. Can you explain it now?

wasn't, i planned on claiming immediately upon being unkillable, being town it would instantly clear me(cuz i wouldn't be unlynchable) , thus helping town two fold: 1) cleared vig 2) i can't be killed at night , so unless i got roleblocked / redirected, i would shoot who the majority was to be shot , or if i thought someone was bsing too hard then shoot them.
Why is it to me that you always sound like you are playing for yourself? I mean yeah I notice later that you see the fault in your logic, but there is no way in hell you are being given Carbuncle. Worst comes to worst, this GF can/will be used to make someone BP for the night assuming they are town.

there's no downside besides NLing that day seeing as i would then be confirmed town and vig and unkillable for one night.

meaning i get a chance to shoot from the hip and hopefully kill some scum.
lol no Sokr, if i were mafia scum, i would know who is on my team, i could shoot someone else, as for me as SK, the same logic applies, i would just not shoot the GF holder that night lol
If you shot someone else you would be lynched on the spot. You know that right? Also I know I didn't quote this, but why would you not want to assign Carbuncle to someone?

Topics of importance:

Rake, dumb town or scum?
Assigning Carbuncle
I think Rake is scum for his very grimy play and survivalist attitude towards wanting Carbuncle.
Why is this a topic of importance?
A majority seems to want this to go to Swiss which sounds like a great idea.

Assign Carbuncle: Swiss

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

If you shot someone else you would be lynched on the spot. You know that right? Also I know I didn't quote this, but why would you not want to assign Carbuncle to someone?
Yeah, i said as much lol.

Did you read any of the rest of my walls and such ?

What do you think about what i said about Ttar ? Accurate or not ?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
VOTE: Tyranitarphantom

scum can be no clearer lol.

I'll explain but first:

Tyra: There are only two ways this goes, your either scum or a really dumb VT trying to shoe you are for serious business. Which one is it ?
I actually came to the same conclusion that T-tar did based on reading. I think that either you or Twilight are scum, but I feel that you wouldn't have buddied him (or was it him buddying you? I read yesterday so I'm not 100% sure) if you were on the same team.

Twilight had a scum read on me based on nothing, said I needed to be vigged based on nothing, yet used the "Pressuring while V/LA" excuse to not vote me and be ambiguous instead of saying why they thought of me as scummy. The rest of their play is completely idiotic. (they're just spewing stuff out of their ***** at this point.) From the Rake vote to them saying that JTB could get the GF... :S.

Your play has just been atrocious throughout the game as a whole. Your whole "Play scummy. People who think I'm townie are scummy" power play was beyond stupid and your vig claim is really dumb and out of place.

I like Whiz so far this game. I need to read into Swiss/Muderbush more since their play is so mind-blowingly above my level uguu ;_;. No one else really stood out to me.

I also need to re-read & finish reading, since my parents kept me away from my computer after I started reading all day yesterday, so sorry that it's not a complete analysis of the game.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

my vig claim is not out of place at all lol.

you and Ttar will have to explain how zen is conditionally scum upon my town flip, because that logic is atrocious and scummy as balls

Zen having a scum read on someone from nothing is 100% par the course for zen and not telling of alignment at all for him.

Your also going to have to do better than to blanket their entire play as idiotic , and actually bring up what about it that has been idiotic, otherwise your just taking a swipe and zenwulfsparklepants credibility in thread for no good reason

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

your also going to have to do better than label my play as atrocious , because atrocious =/= scummy by any means. My power play being stupid or ill considered also does not instantaneously make me scum.

in fact, most of what you just said against zen in perticular is borderline omgus for suspecting you

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

when did zen buddy me or i buddy zen for that matter ?

i was deliberately in zens face for the first part of the game and only now have called him town based on what's been going on, and zens been at my throat essentially the entire time during this. he only recently even unvoted me.

if your going to say i'm trying to buddy your going to have to make a case as to why my town read on him is so wrong, without bringing up null tells like "he was suspicious of me for no reason" of course he's going to be suspicious of you , short of him being mafia or you two being masons he doesn't know your alignment.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

/end rant

joey i actually find myself severely disappointed with that post by you on so many levels.

Where are you actually read up to ?

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
Ah Rake I see the confusion is coming from now. You're seeing it as attempting to clear someone, I'm seeing it as making best use of the GF. Keep in mind that we cannot do the plan anymore now that you have claimed, but basically

The person with the GF would not have be cleared. It would have essentially been like turning the vig role into a cop role. Just like a cop only knows his investigation, the vig would have been the only person to know that he existed and shot the person with GF. If the person with the GF lived, the vig and only the vig could assume that person was town. Just as a cop and only a cop would know the person he investigated was town.

Now that you have claimed though, this approach is unreliable as scum will likely have ways to manipulate it.

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
I'm confused as to why people are continuing to assign Swiss the Carbuncle when we can no longer do the vig thing. Assign it to random or give it to JTB.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
"From the Rake vote to them saying that JTB could get the GF... :S."

They haven't really done much that's been important besides the two above. But since you're so keen on me saying that their play is idiotic is a blanket statement, what about their play can't be categorized as idiotic?

imo it's pretty fine logic when I see both of you scummy as hell, but I can't see scum buddying their own this early(aka you going out of your way to say that Twilight Sparkle is town multiple times iIrc). I also don't see scum trying to eliminate their own this early when they're claiming a power role like that. Although you are kind of changing my mind a bit with your meta (which doesn't matter at all and won't change my mindset at all btw) defense on Zen. I guess that would make you two not part of the same scum team. I could actually see Twilight mafia and you indy with the way you claimed that.

Why would I be OMGUS'ing Twilight Sparkle when they have nothing against me? They've had me in the same position since before I even posted. I have no reason to care about them having me as scum if it's based on 1) Me posting nothing (before I posted) and 2) V/LA posts (after I posted).

Your claim was completely out of place. You worked up into it, yes, but it's still random and idiotic. Just because you say "I soft claimed day-vig" and then claim regular vig doesn't make it out of place at all. Also, just because you start a continuation of posts based on you being able to clear someone this day phase if you get the GF doesn't mean that it's not out of place either (especially since your claim doesn't line up with that line of reasoning at all).

You saying your early-game play was purposefully scummy and you claiming a GREAT power role (especially with the GF at play) just because someone was like "Are you vig hurdurr?" definitely doesn't encourage me to have you as town. It also looks like the perfect excuse to cover your *** after terrible play pre-claim, since anyone can connect the mafia not being immune to night kills as a vig being a cop of sorts. (Although you didn't consider Bullet Proof with this, either to make you seem like more of a power player or on accident altogether.)

Convince me that you're not scummy and that your claim isn't out of place. Also, if you're so interested in defending Twilight, why don't you show me how the rest of his crappy play isn't scummy if you think that him having me as 100% scum alone throughout all of day 1 based on nothing is null?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

hey zenwulf what do you think of joeys first post ?
Admittedly i went full metal aggro on him but that post does not do much to remind me at all of what i can remember his townplay being like from soups newbie.

I also want your thoughts on what i said about Ttar whenever you get to it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It was definitely you buddying Zen. I read a bit more to make that post, and I realized that it wasn't Zen buddying you at all, which I addressed.

You've only now started calling him town? Ever since he's had you as a town read, you've been having him as more and more town. It started off with you saying that you liked him way more than someone else (That I couldn't connect posts to figure out who the other person was... I'm bad at quick reading lol). After that, you said that he could live, and then just had him as straight up town from there on out. This started on Page 5 (40 ppp [Post 192]), so unless you consider only now to be pages 6-13...

Yeah now you're just BS'ing.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh gosh I missed something else too ;-;. When I made the first post, I actually read up to page 10 or 11, then I saw your post incriminating Ttar as I was skimming the rest, stopped there since I agree'd with Ttar, and that's that.

Top Bottom