• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
welp thats about all i have to do here.

oh and zen, i'd go majority choice for GF clear all day.

please continue to hope i'm indy though

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
By this do you mean arguing JTB's explanation of the pros of my idea? You don't want players who are hard to get reads on to be cleared and narrowing down potential scum candidates and increasing the odds of you being lynched.

obv the other person should be Rake
Ryker makes power move.

Rykerscum.

GG
You've had other posts like these. You'll demand we give you the GF and then call out others on doing the same thing. Contradictions like these reek of scuminess to me.

you know what. screw it

yes, i am a vig. not a dayvig.

just a regular vig.

i played anti town to see who would call me town like in BAM, i then planned on shooting those people, because i'd know they were BSing
Wut. Explain when you claimed you were able to clear swiss or murder toDay in return for the GF. You seem way to greedy for that, if my read on you is correct, unlynchable power.

Why though would you want that unless you thought you being lynched was very likely, in which case that would just prolong it to next Day? To draw it away from someone who you may want to NK. That also works for your claim, but I'm not buying it ATM. Another possibility is that you really just want to bring this thing to everyone's attention so that you know who is assigned the GF and won't waste a NK on them.

Maybe the best thing for this GF is to not assign it to anyone so that there is a possibity of scum hitting the recipient. Also, there is no danger of protecting scum because they won't be protected in the night faze and their lynchproof the next day will either hurt them or do nothing.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Vote: Sparkle
Vote Twilight Sparkle
Assign Carbuncle: Murderbush

Reading pages of pregame.
Could you explain the Twilight Sparkle votes?

wrt what changed, Kantrip posted in a way that reminded me of BAM, so i decided that i'd make my vote less than random and vote there.
I assume you're referring to the way I'm presenting my read on Red Ryu being similar to my early game read on Vinyl in John's game? Why does that give scum indications? Are you just going off the logic "since the last time he did this he wasn't town, him doing it means he's not town", or do you have an intent-based reason?

I will admit that I was doing the same thing, and the fact that Rake pointed that out does mean he is processing what he's reading. I'd give that a town lean, but then there's his interaction with Murderbush:

Well since you can't investigate yourself I'd say swiss, because it's swiss that or Boss, because kevins in it.
I was asking Swiss, but okay.
Answering a question directed at someone else is an honest mistake, Rake clearly thought the question was for him. I doubt that Rake and Murderbush are scum together because of this.

i was interjecting.
But I don't like this response. Why can't Rake just say "oh my mistake" or something. It just doesn't make sense that he played his mistake off as intentional. Perhaps he developed an ego or something? Scared of looking dumb...?

Then stop. You'll end up interjecting where it actually matters.
Good plan.

By the way, how do you feel about me blatantly ignoring your slot and just following my appended rule number one till about mid D2 ?
And then this post is the one that I actually dislike. The first part just annoys me but isn't scummy, it actually lines up with him playing off his mistake as not a mistake or whatever. But the question.... Something about it I just don't like. Like what does Rake get by asking that other than a back-door/excuse not to get involved with one of the most influential slots? Certainly not something helpful for town....

^ this could be subject to change though.

i might flip a coin and decide how long i'll follow it.
And he doesn't even commit to that.

Kantrip FoS: Rake

this isn't happening again.

You go first.
I was throwing out a fun little accusation in pre-game for Red Ruy. I'm not even going to pretend to cling to it like I did with the Vinyl read in Puzzle Bobble because if it didn't work then, why would it work this time?

But my read on you is legit. Why didn't you just say that your answering Murderbush's question was a mistake on your part?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

nah, i'm not enjoying it because i because regardless of playstyle , even when i'm nice to people , i get burned by misreads and early lynches.

I also am no where near as arrogant as you believe lol and often criticize my own play regardless of alignment, i simply played up a little in this instance to provoke reaction.

I honestly have 0 confidence in my game as any alignment and even when i'm right it does nothing to me in terms of how i actually play the game. i like being right, but often times even after being right i criticize my own play for not making it as clear as it is too me

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Whoa hey Sokr is posting and we're on at the same time and he's a total bro.

Sokr we're walking to the sev tomorrow and trading thoughts. For now just keep doing your thang man!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i'm usually a pretty nice guy in mafia games because it's how i am irl and it makes it easier to read people. this time i made the decision to play it up and see what went down and i dont regret it at all

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i was actually going to go v/la regardless of this thread this weekend, because i honestly need a break from mafia.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

nah i can't be anti town.

not in my blood to do it.

it's in my blood to be ML'd, but i'm not going to do it to myself

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Are you serious?

Okay Rake, hold up a moment. You say that acting scummy early game was intentional in order for you to see who called you town and jump on them. Could you tell me what techniques you used to "act scummy" what did you intentionally throw into your game to ensure people who were actually reading into you would develop a scum read?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i threw in a ton of aggressiveness, was confrontational with zenwulfsparklepants, jabbed at ryker and made baseless RVS reads, clearly attempted to buddy Boss, the list goes on

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

just enough to be considered scummy but not so much that scum could jump on my ML. basically a walk the line type feel.

it worked in BAM as every single scum slot in that game called me town, and i thought it would be best to go that route again knowing i was able to vig and other wise pursue said scummers

/leaving for real now

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
I have problems with your thought process. Tell me why you didn't think "Hey maybe if I act scummy I'll have the **** lynched out of me"? You've dug yourself quite the hole Rake. Start getting out.

:phone:

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Okay well whenever you come back to the thread I want you to tell me the reads you garnered as a result of you employing this technique, as well as an explanation for your tyranitar scum read and your Twilight Sparkle town read.

@TwilightSparkle: Could you elaborate on your JTB town read? I'm assuming that's why you voted to assign him the carbunkle? Also what do you think of RR?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rake give me your thought process on this plan and what you thought was gonna happen more indepth than BAS.

As a Vig instead of a VT, what were you planning to use this to accomplish. So you get scum to call you town, this is my guess this far. So if then, what would you do as a vig? Shoot them or what?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
rake logic

"ill act scummy so people think im scum and ill just shoot those people at night"

yeah im ok with this lynch

orbo/kwk, dont ignore my posts at you

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 3 Day 1:

Lynch vote

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Kary
[0] JTB
[2] TwilightSparkle Swiss, mUrDErBUSh
[1] Tyranitarphantom Red Ryu
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[2] Kreative Whiz Kids Boss, Inferno3044
[0] Orboknown
[0] Swiss
[3] Anomandaris_Rake Kreative Whiz Kids, JTB, TwilightSparkle

[5] Not voting:
Kary, Tyranitarphantom, -Masquerain-, Orboknown, Anomandaris_Rake

Carbuncle

[1] mUrDErBUSh mUrDErBUSh
[0] Kary
[1] JTB TwilightSparkle
[0] TwilightSparkle
[0] Tyranitarphantom
[1] Boss Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Orboknown
[3] Swiss Kreative Whiz Kids, Red Ryu, Swiss
[1] Anomandaris_Rake JTB

[6] Not assigning:
Kary, Tyranitarphantom, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Orboknown, Anomandaris_Rake

Notes:
Currently V/LA: Kary, -Masquerain-

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

Swiss

Smash Lord
RR town

Yo Ryker can you read Swiss confidently?

Yo Swiss can you read Ryker confidently?

If one of you guys push that the other one as mafia and then that person flips town I will make sure that the other of you dies the next day. Is that agreeable to the both of you?
Nope

I am literally 100% against giving Swiss a GF and I'm being serious.
You should probably explain why.

I'd hate to attack you.

Zen develops early game reads by going to collect some leaves and sticks and arranging them into his favourite colours.

Also confirming.
Why does no-one comment on this.

KWK was white in the list - what spurred him to discredit it?

Or rather, who.

????? u dumb? if i had every GF i would probably die and get roleblocked and get swapped and get everythinged. it was a sarcastic comment. yeah sure id like one or two.
Boss appears to be averse to me, Swiss - being roleblocked, swapped etc.

Explain why.

Good. Good!

Excellent. Very Excellent.

Do you agree then, that would be a benefit in giving them to Swiss?
Well that is simply unkind.

As an aside I will not be taking any GF's I do not want. I do however, expect to want a few. I need to be able to investigate Ryker toNight.

Was that a crumb or.....? Odd, Swiss had no reason to mention it.

On Saturday I won't be here :|.

There is literally no way I can have another V/LA. Marching band will be done. School work is easy this year. Unless you all are straight up douche bags and obnoxious to play with, I'll be here Sunday :p.
Smells townie.

Tom I still want your answers even though Kevin called you out on them.

I trust GFs being in Swiss' hands (or our's or Kary's if he is town) over any one elses.
Zen, I was under the impression we have an unspoken agreement where we maintain that the other player is poor.

Turns out is was just me.

Beer O'Clock. More content tomorrow.

Ryker get a wagon rolling (Boss...?) and I'll push it when I get back.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
this isnt about the VIG being cleared

this is about the person who gets CARBUNCLE being cleared or dying because they are scum

I have no problem with Rake being shot tonight. There is no downside to this at all, yet he is trying to arguing a completely irrelevant point.
One of Swiss/murderbush being cleared would be a great boon for us.

likewise catching one of them as scum early
What do you think about giving it to Boss? I think he would also be a very helpful and strong clear/condemn to have.

alright.

i have within my ability, to clear them. this dayphase.

do you understand ?

the condition is i want carbunkle.
This post is terrible and really makes it look like you're only looking out for yourself. I read the reasoning and it's still a terrible reason. Regardless of if we do JTB's plan or not, Carbuncle should go to a stronger player. Obviously as said, this includes Swiss/Murder and I think Boss also fits up there.

well first i was anti town rake
Did playing anti-town help you get any reads?

you know what. screw it

yes, i am a vig. not a dayvig.

just a regular vig.

i played anti town to see who would call me town like in BAM, i then planned on shooting those people, because i'd know they were BSing
Wait so you wanted Carbuncle and ruin the entire strategy to clear/condemn a power player? This really is looking out for yourself.

i wanted it so i could live through more than one night.

however , i'd be willing to give it to someone else.

i actually opposed JTB's thing because my kill action resolves last, and if i die we dont get a clear
This is all assuming that you get NK'd for whatever reason.

and don't say serial killer.

although that would have been so legit . like you dont even understand the damage i could inflict as one
Are you asking to die? Because this is exactly what I am getting from this post in particular

nah i can't be anti town.

not in my blood to do it.

it's in my blood to be ML'd, but i'm not going to do it to myself
well first i was anti town rake
You wanna explain this a little?

Unvote Vote: Rake

KWK is looking towny right now and I like the slot.

@RR - What's your read on TwilightSparkle? I've noticed you've wanted him to shut up but I don't know if it's because you think they're talking stupid or think they are scum.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Also probably just gonna point out that I'm not gonna be very active today. Have a friend that came into town for the weekend and definitely going a a party tonight. So V/LA for the day.

Top Bottom