• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Raziek, if by D2 you were so sure Kantrip was scum, and you saw him using 3 abilities N1 (including a NKill), why didn't you track him again N2?

Kantrip, you said you tried to protect Raziek N2. What happened with that?

Ryker, if Glyph is lying because he got r'blocked by you N2, wouldn't he had received a notification of his actions failing/being r'blocked, and hence wouldn't have risked lying in the mass claim about that? In the case of no notification, he just claimed that N2 he targeted you, and didn't claim anything else done that Night. I don't see a contradiction in there =/

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Rajam your plan has some flaws. Gova doesn't have a Night Action anymore and if you're wrong about Inferno then Ryker gets basically nothing from the lynch. Risking mimicking Raziek also isn't good on the chance that he has some scummy stuff going on. You want to be mimicking town.

My suggestion is that we get you to mimic Ryker who will have Hellcry Punch from Glyph. One of you roleblocks me and one of you roleblocks Raziek. Inferno uses Stop on Raziek to take away his vote so he can't insta-lynch me toMorrow (this is good even if Inferno is scum, and even in that scenario he has Stop because he had Haste). Unfortunately this doesn't deal with the possibility of Inferno having a Night Kill, but even then with both me and Raziek roleblocked it will be pretty clear who to blame if one occurs.

So to outline it clearly: Glyph is lynched.

Ryker: Uses Hellcry Punch on Kantrip
Rajam: Uses Mimic on Ryker, targeting Raziek
Inferno: Uses Stop on Raziek
Kantrip: Does nothing
Raziek: Does nothing
Gova: Does nothing
Sang: Uses Jump to possibly avoid dying (or does nothing if we'd prefer her to die, but frankly there are way bigger fish to fry than her to the point where I'd clear her by PoE.)
I don't like the look of this. Hellcry punch steals an active ability according to Glyph. As far as I remember (I know my memory is bad. Deal with it) I don't remember him saying anything about whether it would take away a factional kill. Glyph if you have any information about this that would be nice. On top of this, you're making it to sound like if a NK happens then I die. I've been set up to die by a mystery shot and Rajam has been completely on my ***. I don't need you to set me up for a mislynch. Also trying to lynch scum is more important than Ryker getting abilities.

Kantrip, did you claim to have investigate?

@Ryker - As much as I hate to say it, you really are a reason I'm alive right now. I just still don't understand why Glyph is such a burden for you. Yeah he is a better player than me but if you're alive you can lynch him another time.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Glyph's ability doesn't steal powers it destroys them so that they can't be used anymore. It does NOT affect night kills meaning that night kills CANNOT be destroyed.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't like the look of this. Hellcry punch steals an active ability according to Glyph. As far as I remember (I know my memory is bad. Deal with it) I don't remember him saying anything about whether it would take away a factional kill. Glyph if you have any information about this that would be nice. On top of this, you're making it to sound like if a NK happens then I die. I've been set up to die by a mystery shot and Rajam has been completely on my ***. I don't need you to set me up for a mislynch. Also trying to lynch scum is more important than Ryker getting abilities.

Kantrip, did you claim to have investigate?

@Ryker - As much as I hate to say it, you really are a reason I'm alive right now. I just still don't understand why Glyph is such a burden for you. Yeah he is a better player than me but if you're alive you can lynch him another time.
Yes it does steal an active ability, and that's exactly what we're going for. I forgot that Night Kills are excluded, so scratch everything I said regarding Night Kills there. Even though the plan isn't possible, it still would have been good in ensuring the scum between Kantrip/Raziek couldn't do any anti-town actions (besides Killing but yeah I covered that now).

Yes, I had a one-shot investigate that I used on Glyph (N2 I think it was?) and received a town result (which doesn't even make sense with his miller claim).

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Rajam: I wasn't notified of anything else, so I'm pretty sure nothing went wrong with it. What do you mean to ask with that question?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'd lynch Raziek. For the reasons I said before

Rajam

Smash Champion
Time to look at Kantrip now:

This is Kantrip's reaction when he learned I wasn't affected by Doom:

Can't say I didn't try Ryker, but some **** roleblocked me.
This is weird considering you claimed in #1784 that you got a result N1 (the town result on Glyph), which should've hinted you either that:

- You got redirected (and the town result would correspond to someone else maybe)
- or that I was some sort of bulletproof

but in neither case roleblocked.

---

Another possible course of action:

We lynch Kantrip. As usual Ryker steals. Possible scenarios:

1.- Kantrip scum (indy) -> cool

2.- Kantrip town: two scenarios from here:
2.1.- Raziek is warlock/lyncher and wins -> He exits the game as a winner. I don't care about sharing victory. Also, afaik these kind of roles/victories don't end games
2.2.- Nothing else happens. We know then Raziek is scum and we lynch him next Day.

Oppinions?

Rajam

Smash Champion

This is weird considering you claimed in #1784 that you got a result N1 (the town result on Glyph), which should've hinted you either that:

- You got redirected (and the town result would correspond to someone else maybe)

---

2.1.- Raziek is warlock/lyncher and wins -> He exits the game as a winner. I don't care about sharing victory. Also, afaik these kind of roles/victories don't end games
2.2.- Nothing else happens. We know then Raziek is scum and we lynch him next Day.

Oppinions?
Scratch this. Kantrip investigated Glyph N2 -_-

Kantrip

Kantplay

---

Oppinions?
You have made more mistakes, my friend.

N1 I tried to protect Ryker and used Split Punch on you. I was notified that my protect had failed to reach Ryker, and when I asked you if the Split Punch had hit you you said no. Naturally I assumed I was roleblocked with BOTH of my actions failing.

The investigate on Glyph was N2.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gova should talk to me about Raz and his motivations for changing his claim. What does that mean about his alignment and what we should do today?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
The only motivation to be seen is that of someone looking for a lynch. It remains to be seen whether it's a scum lynch or a town lynch but you have reminded me of something.

This change of claim doesn't line up with his D2 play. Specifically outing himself as a watcher. It was a huge coincidence that Inferno and I claimed our abilities without Raziek having to out who visited Gheb. If I read his recent claim right, he only knew what actions happened to Gheb but not who did them. He would have had to claim on the spot right there when he couldn't answer who visited Gheb.

I can understand withholding information at that point but there was absolutely no reason not to come forward with it D3 after RR and Gheb flipped scum if he supposedly confirms Kantrip having a night kill.

Kantrip

Kantplay
And then I'm still thinking about Glyph's miller claim and my inno on him....

Is it possible for there to have been 3 indies in this set-up?

Kantrip

Kantplay
But I need them for my springtime allergies!

Okay....

This is one of those times where I stop posting, isn't it?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
****, forgot an important claim note. I was receiving messages on my Heroics alt while my inbox was full, and one was a PM from OS N2.

I was the reason night phase lasted four forevers because I forgot to check my Heroics inbox. After the Night Phase resolution, but before the day started (I'm unsure on the ability timing, I'm just theorizing) I received the option to force Legolas to vote for a player of my choosing. I did not use said ability.

Currently looking into possibilities for its origin. First impression says Glyph.

Analysis of Raziek's claim change forthcoming.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I couldn't force him to change it either. He would have to vote for that person and not move it that phase. Which is why I didn't use it given how I had to swing so hard for votes on D2.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Does the vote take effect whenever the day starts or whenever he tried to vote?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Kantrip wants me to hammer someone in an attempt to prove my priest role. However, the restriction won't apply if I'm forced to vote someone. Easy double ML imo.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It says that it will force them to vote. I don't know if that will force them to post the command or if their vote will simply default there.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gova, stay with me. I want to talk all of this out and talking with Rajam is still like banging my head against a wall regardless of whether or not I'm getting better at understanding him.

Anyway, Raz's claim analysis:

Kantrip

Kantplay
I see what you're getting at Gova, but it doesn't make sense. If I, as scum, could force you to vote for someone with that ability, why would I have sent it to Ryker to use? How would I have sent it to Ryker to use? The ability obviously seems to be something you have to give to someone else to use, similar to the Daykill that Rajam got offered. I'll be darned if those aren't from the same source, too.

Kantrip

Kantplay
No one, but why WOULD I send it to Ryker if I could use it for myself? Even moreso, why would I give it to Ryker to use on Legolas? If it's something I can use to manipulate votes by myself, what would possess me to want to give it to someone else?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
You can't use it yourself. You would send it hoping someone would choose to force me to vote someone then get everyone to agree that I should be the hammer vote to prove my role.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Raz could be town and changed his claim in an effort to catch scum seeing as the opportunity was afforded him due to the shenanigans around the day two claim.

Let's examine the lyncher possibility:

He's a Kantrip Lyncher, he's not pushed to get Kantrip over any other major suspect and he's not pushed to out role information in the game if he's any other sort of lyncher (stone collector?).

Warlock:

He must have hit one already meaning that he correctly called Nich, RR, Gheb, or Lego.

Nich was a complete shot in the dark and I doubt it was likely he actually called it.

RR was a last minute switch with suspicion high for both Kantrip and Lego going into Day 2. Next to impossible, especially since Raz was the one to set me up for that hammer in a way I'm almost certainly was intentional.

Lego was very unlikely as well because he looked SO MUCH BETTER on that double scum flip. Also very unlikely.

So, for him to be Warlock, he would have to have gotten one or more of these, be set up to win on one more, and be banking it all on Kantrip when tomorrow's lynched would almost certainly be telegraphed by the end of the day. This puts him out in the open for no discernible gain outside of today's lynch.

Someone point out to me the motivation and I'll back lynching Raz before Kantrip after Glyph dies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well if you know any players who have claimed to have received that PM let me know.

If you ask me, it was a one-shot ability like so many of these anti-town abilities are turning out to be.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Ryker: I'm not actually too educated on the Warlock role. They need two successful lynches to win? With having to use stones rather than player names in this set-up, I could definitely see this requirement being abolished.

Otherwise, it's getting pretty close to endgame. If Raziek doesn't have any successful lynches at this point, he'd probably become pretty hard pressed to get them. He'd have to bank hard for two in a row to avoid the game ending without him getting them. It's not difficult for me to fathom at all.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@Ryker: I'm not actually too educated on the Warlock role. They need two successful lynches to win? With having to use stones rather than player names in this set-up, I could definitely see this requirement being abolished.

Otherwise, it's getting pretty close to endgame. If Raziek doesn't have any successful lynches at this point, he'd probably become pretty hard pressed to get them. He'd have to bank hard for two in a row to avoid the game ending without him getting them. It's not difficult for me to fathom at all.
He would have to avoid going up in flames tomorrow, which I sincerely doubt he can do.

They need X number of lynches. I've never seen one that could pick a single target because that's stupid as **** seeing as they can pick. I would think it's two or maybe even three.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
For your warlock theory, I think it's more likely that he just has to collect certain stones than it is for him having to guess them and then lynch that person. That would be harder than the warlock role itself because you could at least predict who was going to be lynched the next day whereas calling the stones is just luck.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ah alright. All I knew of warlocks is that they pick a target and then strive to lynch them. It is much more balanced that they can't win on D1.

@Gova: That is actually great suggestion. Stones were seemingly given out randomly as they don't actually match characters, so a stone collector would make even more sense. Apparently he needs gemini....

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Also, Ryker, Raziek has yet to adequately explain why he didn't claim D3 after 2 scum flipped and supposedly had the third due to seeing a night kill.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Ryker I'm insulted that you think the best use I could have made for a forced vote was sending it to you for the Legolas lynch

Top Bottom