• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Raziek: You said earlier something about mimic not giving investigative results. What gave you that impression? It's not mentioned in the write-up - only that they won't know what they use- but there's nothing about receiving results or not.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@Raziek: You said earlier something about mimic not giving investigative results. What gave you that impression? It's not mentioned in the write-up - only that they won't know what they use- but there's nothing about receiving results or not.
Because that wouldn't make sense.

If Rajam received a result saying "Ryker visited Kantrip", he's easily be able to deduce that he mimicked a tracker/watcher, which goes completely against the "not being told what abilities you used".

Rajam

Smash Champion
Sorry about my recent inactivity. I want to insist that toDay's lynch should be Inferno. Meanwhile we still haven't come to an unanimous decision of who's indy between Glyph and Kantrip (and I'd like to throw Raziek in there too as a possibilty), barring Raziek we all think Inferno is scum and is very likely a 3rd mafia member. We should play it safe and lynch the obv, most likely scum. Let's also remember that even if Glyph is scum, there's another scum around given Raziek's claim of being r'blocked.

I also don't see any need on waiting and risking a no lynch; let's just lynch now. We're 8 people and we need 5 votes. Glyph can't vote. No one will vote for themselves: this applies specially to Inferno and Kantrip. We have no idea where's Sangfroid and therefore she is a "risky" vote in the sense that we don't know if we can't count on her.

Let's state who are we willing to lynch toDay so we can actually see who are the "lynchable" players:

- My first top priority is Inferno. By far
- Second comes Glyph, but knowing there is scum assured outside from Glyph, I'd join this wagon only if necessary.

So, Kantrip, Ryker, Raziek, Inferno, Gova, Sangfroid: lynch candidates?

@MOD: Request votecount

Kantrip

Kantplay
Because that wouldn't make sense.

If Rajam received a result saying "Ryker visited Kantrip", he's easily be able to deduce that he mimicked a tracker/watcher, which goes completely against the "not being told what abilities you used".
It wouldn't clear anything except for telling us you have the ability, which is already pretty evident to us. It doesn't clear your alignment or anything, so receiving an investigation result is far from broken. It's not like it defeats the purpose of not being told what ability you used, and it doesn't break that rule either. It doesn't inform him what he used, it just happens to give him a result that allows him to deduce it.

But eh, if it's something the mod can't clarify it may be better not to risk it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@Mod: Sang has been busy with Driver's ed/Weekend classes/Work for the past couple of days but she should be back soon. She hasn't had enough time to declare V/LA....and I just remembered to do this for her so apologies on my end for not telling it sooner.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Thanks for reminding me Rajam.

I completely concur with Raziek as an indy possibility, especially if he can't explain why he believes the Night Kill was on him and yet he didn't die. What possible evidence would lead him to believe he was targeted with the kill if his views lead this to be an impossible conclusion from his point of view. It's pretty obvious there's something he's not telling us there.

I wouldn't rule out indy survivor even if he has track and watch abilities as he claims. They would be a great safe-claim tool.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Kantrip - If he's a survivor, then who the hell cares?
Do survivors win WITH town or against them? If WITH them then yeah it doesn't matter an ounce to me.

I'm just saying this because I really don't know where the NK could have gone. I guess another possibility is there is no remaining NK?

Rajam

Smash Champion

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
*sigh*

There comes a time when a man must play ALL his cards.

I fudged my claim a bit in hopes of nailing the final scum for certain before my death.

My ability is an Overswarm ability. By that, I mean frustrating as ****.

It's one ability, not two. I made up the names for what I claimed earlier. The actual ability is called "Observe". I crumbed this with my user title.

I pick two players. The first is tracked, the second is watched.

I have not lied about my targets.

What makes this ability so frustrating, but also why I'm certain Kantrip is scum, is that I receive the names of all the actions that took place between the interactions, but not who performed them or which visit they belonged to.

Essentially, I'm not valuable unless I survive until late in the game.

N1 I tracked Kantrip and watched Gheb, as I said.

Results:

Inferno -> Gheb
Gova -> Gheb
Kantrip -> Seph/Sang
Kantrip -> Ryker
Kantrip -> Legolas.

Abilities Involved:

Haste (Which is why I confirm Inferno as Town)
Protect (Gova)
Doom
Night Kill
Investigate

Kantrip IS scum and HAS a night kill.

Night 2, as I said, tracked Legolas and watched Ryker.

Results:

Legolas -> Inferno
Legolas -> Kantrip

Abilities Involved:
Dark Sword
Insult

Kantrip does not have Lionsguard Servitude. It simply doesn't exist. There's nobody else who could be responsible for the NK attempt Night 1. Whether he tried to kill Ryker or Lego is irrelevant.

My vote WILL NOT move. Inferno is Town, Glyph can wait, Kantrip is scum.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
"I fudged my claim a bit in hopes of nailing the final scum for certain before my death."

The other thing is Kantrip is correct about one thing. I was BP last night, which is why I'm certain he tried to kill me.

I can't be protected. That's the major drawback and balancer of my ability. If I could be protected, I could create an unwinnable in 4-man by being protected, watching the Doc, and tracking the other player.

To that end, I have a one-use BP. I pick the night I use it on, and regardless of whether or not I get shot, I lose it. I used it last night.

Do the math.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ah, and I wasn't roleblocked, either. I just can't use Observe and my BP on the same night, to prevent self-watching.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Get mad if you want, I was confident I could push it through without having to play all my cards, but Ryker is being stubborn as **** and Sang isn't here, so I don't have the votes to hold out any longer.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Scumbag Raziek knew Kantrip is scum two weeks ago.

Doesn't say anything until today.

If you're assuming he's the last mafia, why would you need to be worried about being night killed? You might as have played your cards when RR and Gheb flipped scum.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
EBWOP: "You might as well have played your cards when RR and Gheb flipped scum."

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Scumbag Raziek knew Kantrip is scum two weeks ago.

Doesn't say anything until today.

If you're assuming he's the last mafia, why would you need to be worried about being night killed? You might as have played your cards when RR and Gheb flipped scum.
Indies, bro. Legolas hadn't flipped and there was still the executions to worry about. Seems that was one-shot, but I wasn't willing to take the risk.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Even if there was more than one execution you still would have lived to tell everyone about it the next day... being executed isn't a night kill.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'll take that, too. I don't have a paypal, but I was talking about the Hated.

You can give me $5 for each if you want.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Even if there was more than one execution you still would have lived to tell everyone about it the next day... being executed isn't a night kill.
Doesn't change the fact that there was still Legolas afoot. No need to squander a lead by outing the strongest information before the time is right. I wasn't a threat D1 or 2, so I had time to hold my BP and keep it until now.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'll take that, too. I don't have a paypal, but I was talking about the Hated.

You can give me $5 for each if you want.
Deal on the scum, no deal on hated.

You might actually be hated, but I don't really care since you're not flipping Town.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I don't see how getting rid of a factional night kill is squandering a lead.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Complain about my motivations in postgame if you want, Gova. I can't undo it.

Vote Kantrip, be a man.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Your intent doesn't line up at all. You had NO REASON to withhold this information if you always had it, which you evidently didn't. You fabricated this claim more recently than your original claim, or you would have outed it earlier.

Top Bottom