• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No clue. Assume he won't be back in time though and we've gotta make a decision without him.
That may be the scummiest thing ever. I've made it CRYSTAL that I'll MAKE It happen.
OS, can I get a deadline extension to midnight of Friday. It'll save me walking three miles with a laptop to get Internet.

:phone:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Considering Kantrip and I both missed that, I don't know how CRYSTAL you've made that point.

But you're right, we should have just sat and done nothing til you (possibly) got back and potentially wound up with a NL scenario

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
There is NO potential for a no lynch scenario. The lynch has been narrowed to one of two options with the entire cast checking the thread daily with two days left. Do NOT give me that. You know in particular that I said I'd be back late Thursday or early Friday and I've made it clear that I want this game to wait.

Me and EE invented a word a month or so ago. You sir, are scrumbling.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Stop trying to goad me into hasty action. This day phase doesn't end until ai lay the entire game out for everyone to follow. There will be no room for people like you to squirm out, that's a primary reason why you're probably dying toDay.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Yeah because goading you into lynching me is a good move as scum

Just do it you babby, unless you can't

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO LYNCH ME YOU BONER

Man I gotta do EVERYTHING these days.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't wanna,... Uet. In any case, bed for now, I guess I'll break this game open tomorrow if OS won't give me my nine hour extension.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ryker - MOD, MOD
Inferno - Rajam,
Rajam - Inferno3044,
Glyph - MOD

Not voting:
Kantrip, Gova, Sangfroid Warrior, Ryker, Raziek,

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is for Mar 23rd at 3 p.m. EST

Votes for deadline extension: 1/3

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ryker - MOD, MOD
Inferno - Rajam,
Rajam - Inferno3044,
Glyph - MOD

Not voting:
Kantrip, Gova, Sangfroid Warrior, Ryker, Raziek,

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is for Mar 26th at 3 p.m. EST

Deadline extension granted to March 26th.

Rajam

Smash Champion
People don't seem to understand that roleblocks don't inform you that you were afflicted by them UNLESS you have some sort of result you get back from the mod usually, or if there is some other way that you find out you were targeted with it. You don't just get a message for fun saying "lulz u were rulebloked noob!"

As for a second Indy's presence:

Known (and assumed) anti-town abilities (basically anything that has been happening that isn't claimed and is most likely still alive):

-Execution (Gheb and Ryker chosen D2)
-Indirect Day Kill (I was able to DayKill Inferno D2)
-One-shot Anonymous Neighbourizer (Kantrip was neighbourized N0)
-Sending Messages (Lego received a message of Glyph being dangerous N1)
-Roleblocking (Raziek claimed r'bocked N3)
-Scum factional NK

Not sure if I'm missing stuff, but you get the point. Plain and simple, I refuse to believe this ALL belongs to ONE person (the last mafia). I am banking on execution, messages, and the Day Kill to most likely be indy. Considering what we know Legolas to have had, it's pretty likely they are all still abroad and unaccounted for.
-Ryker's restriction when voting
-Redirection (Sang being affected by Kantrip's ability)

Rajam

Smash Champion
Bah then you're no help to me.

The thing I'm getting at here is I have a hard time seeing Ryker being able to validate both of his powers working in a single night, and I also find it really ****in weird that his supposed roleblock somehow trumped mine.

So pretty much if someone here has two active abilities and can use them both in one night, let me know. If not, then lets lynch Ryker because he's still totally scum and then he won't have to pretend to read the game over anymore.
This is pretty much just more paranoia. Sorry, but honestly you have a weak case on Ryker. There are actions a lot more dubious around (Raziek claiming r'blocked when both Kantrip and me targeted him with an ability that allegedly prevents roleblocks, and Inferno not doing anything N2 for example), and one roleblock being faster than the other isn't that weird, at least when contrasted with these things, plus your own actions (using an ability that hurts more than helps town, lack of crumbs for your abilities)

Glyph how many scums do you think are left?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hmmm... I wonder if Raziek being roleblocked has something to do with both of us targeting him. Priest's protect mentions that if an even number of protects lands on the target it will cancel out. It's not mentioned explicitly in my role PM, but there is a mention about the ability functioning as the Protect ability.

Yeah, thinking about it, that's likely the cause here. I didn't really pay much heed to it before, assuming it was just saying they are protected, but it makes sense.

Rajam, if you're going to mimic me again we have to coordinate in some way in case this is what happened. It could just be that the roleblock is non-targetable, too.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Hmmm... I wonder if Raziek being roleblocked has something to do with both of us targeting him. Priest's protect mentions that if an even number of protects lands on the target it will cancel out. It's not mentioned explicitly in my role PM, but there is a mention about the ability functioning as the Protect ability.

Yeah, thinking about it, that's likely the cause here. I didn't really pay much heed to it before, assuming it was just saying they are protected, but it makes sense.

Rajam, if you're going to mimic me again we have to coordinate in some way in case this is what happened. It could just be that the roleblock is non-targetable, too.
you can target either Raziek/Gova or me, and I can target either Gova/Raziek or you. Ryker can't be protected, Sang is dead, and Inferno/Glyph are too scummy to be protected. With this spread we maintain the wifom for scum and we can be sure we won't go on the same target. We'd only need to distribute who can pick Gova and who Raziek.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Rajam what part of that post made you think it was a case against Ryker. I haven't been pushing the Ryker lynch for some time now.

Most likely just one scum left, could be either indy or mafia though

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Time to play my cards.

As you know already, Night 1 I targeted Kantrip. He targeted 3 players. Sang/Seph, Ryker, Legolas.

Sang is presumably going to die tonight from Split Punch. I believe this ability exists. I don't believe it's Town. Given the number of Town protectives, I think it a reasonable hypothesis that this is a scum ability designed to allow them to ensure an eventual kill.

Look at the scum flipped so far. Legolas had no kill. Gheb had a way to avoid a kill. So did Ryu.

I pose the theory that Kantrip is the other Indy. He claims to have targeted Ryker with Lionsguard Servitude. Bull****. That ability does not exist. Kantrip tried to Night Kill Ryker.

He has also provided no explanation for why he targeted Legolas, given that he only has two abilities, or so he claims. My theory? His investigate isn't a one-shot. He's Independent, and investigated Legolas that night. Once this post is out there I'm going to ISO his D2 and see if he plays differently towards Legolas as a result.

Here's the kicker. Ryker's alive. He didn't jump. That means the kill was on someone targeted by multiple players.

Two players claimed to have targeted me last night. Rajam and Kantrip.

Who could the kill have targeted?

1. Raziek
3. Ryker
5. Inferno3044
7. T-block Kantrip
8. Gova
10. Rajam
11. Seph Sangfroid Warrior
12. Glyph

Ryker didn't jump. He wasn't targeted.
Doesn't sense to kill Inferno.
Gova has been covered by WIFOM this whole time, risky shot given that Rajam has been mimicking his protect.
Rajam doesn't make sense as a shot. He's not threatening.
Sang is doomed.
Glyph was seen as scummy.

Conclusion? I was last night's kill target.

From the mime description:

Overswarm said:
The first player you will mimic, using the same abilities they use (any and all, excluding Killing abilities)
Rajam assumed he was copying Lionsguard. Lionsguard doesn't exist. He tried to copy the NK.

How I survived, I'm unsure, given that Gova claimed not having his ability. I think it has something to do with me receiving no results last night, but that is a guess. If someone has Gova's power and targeted me, they should claim it.

Finally, there is the matter of Kantrip's claim that he's in a QT with someone. How this didn't come out sooner is mind-boggling to me. I suspect he's Indy claiming the other side of the QT. Note that he says he doesn't know who the other person is? There's nothing to go on there. It's unverifiable and makes him look Town, just the innocent guy targeted by some random ability.

Final kicker?

Kantrip has avoided any and all pressure on him by claiming that he has a hated status attached to the fictional Lionsguard Servitude. Extremely defensive play.

vote: Kantrip

Your time is up.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ryker you are terrible at scumhunting and you should feel bad. I can't wait until postgame where you tell Nich he is better than you.

@Rajam: Did you get a PM last Night about a Death Sentence? Also give me your read on Gheb and Ryker.

This strange incap thing is definitely scum's doing. @Legolas: Do you think that it is a NK replacement? I'm not sure on this at the moment.

@Glyph: Give me your opinion of Rajam's jump onto Inferno.
Immediately fishing for Town points on a "vig shot" on Rajam, which hit Seph. Makes sense to claim it was misdirected, as that makes it seem scum wasn't the one taking the shot.

Questions Legolas on the lynch. Probable that my hypothesis was correct about Kantrip investigating Legolas. If he knew Lego was Indy, he'd could try to pin it on him.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Basically.

It's an ability that had to be used N1. It's a VERY delayed kill, and now it's gone. That's why I was asking so many questions about making sure people weren't in LyLo and stuff. I'm pretty sure I saw T-block crumb it too. I can go back and find it if you'd like.
Further, how would his Doom have gone through on Sang if he was roleblocked?

He clearly wasn't, and tried to kill Ryker.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I confirm that I targeted Rajam with Split Punch.

I was not notified that this action had been roleblocked.

From my experiences only actions that you normally receive confirmation about the use of will inform you of being roleblocked. For example, investigative roles. I was led to believe that I had been roleblocked and I'll leave it at that for now.

What makes you ask this?
Way too much confusion surrounding the apparent "roleblocking". I don't buy it.

Doom went through, that alone is enough.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also when are we going to get Ryker and Gheb to claim? For me the usefulness of their roles will be one of the main things to influence my decision on who to keep around. Barring that I have only personal reasons of "Ryker is a meanie". That and his scumread on me and Nich I know for sure have been off, and I'm not sure how many other reads of his are off. Other than that they really are my strongest townreads in this game. Nich was too for similarities to my own meta, but....

Anyways, I really don't like Red Ryu. His case on me was garbage and pretty much everyone can agree on that. He doesn't like me because he hates my D1 posts, he doesn't like my inactivity in D2, and he thinks that my not caring about my pre-game reads being null is a scumtell. He has also provided very little in the way of content that I can remember, something that is typical for his scum play. Scum Ryu lurks, simple as that.

Vote: Red Ryu

I'm also looking at the inactive bunch at the moment, and I still don't like that there are so many of them. I am really worried about LyLo. Orbo I am having trouble reading and I was hoping he would do more with regards to his Red Ryu scum read. I don't know how to read a slot like his.

@Rajam: Have you elaborated on that Inferno scum thing? Does it still stand as of now?
Yaaaaaaay CLAIM FISHING!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@Sang: Yeah I kind of picked up what you were getting at with how curious you have been about my ability. I doubt that there is another person with the same ability, so I'm pretty sure there is some kind of redirecting going on. What I don't get is: Why would something be redirected from Rajam to Seph?

Two possibilities in my eyes:

1. Rajam can redirect things off of himself and chose Seph for some reason.
2. Some scum redirector figured a vig would be on Rajam so they decided to redirect off of Rajam and onto someone they wanted dead. The question then becomes: Why would they choose Sang? Because he was lined up to be replaced and they wanted to knock out whoever replaced in with a fresh perspective? -shrug-

It's not adding up to me.
WIFOM'ing all over his own decision to take the shot on Sang.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
People, just please read D2 quickly. Kantrip's back and forth with Ryker is absolutely disgusting.

We almost lynched him on D2.

HOW IS IT HE'S NOW OFF EVERYONE'S RADARS?

VOTE KANTRIP, WIN GAME.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Time to play my cards.

As you know already, Night 1 I targeted Kantrip. He targeted 3 players. Sang/Seph, Ryker, Legolas.

Sang is presumably going to die tonight from Split Punch. I believe this ability exists. I don't believe it's Town. Given the number of Town protectives, I think it a reasonable hypothesis that this is a scum ability designed to allow them to ensure an eventual kill.

Look at the scum flipped so far. Legolas had no kill. Gheb had a way to avoid a kill. So did Ryu.

I pose the theory that Kantrip is the other Indy. He claims to have targeted Ryker with Lionsguard Servitude. Bull****. That ability does not exist. Kantrip tried to Night Kill Ryker.
So you propose that I attempted to Night Kill the one that I was Executing? This doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense that you saw me going to Legolas, but there's also no explanation for what I could have been doing visiting those people. Why would I be NKing Ryker if I was executing him? Or if instead I was NKing Legolas, what was I doing to Ryker? It's also confirmed that I was redirected to Sang, as it's pretty clear I targeted Rajam (unless you think I'd have a reason to lie about that) and yet you and Sang both confirm I was at Sang instead. Who redirected me, then?

He has also provided no explanation for why he targeted Legolas, given that he only has two abilities, or so he claims. My theory? His investigate isn't a one-shot. He's Independent, and investigated Legolas that night. Once this post is out there I'm going to ISO his D2 and see if he plays differently towards Legolas as a result.
Only explanation I can even think of is that it has something to do with Legolasindy. I also don't know what you're saying I'd have for abilities anymore.... A delayed kill, an execution lynch, a regular NK, an investigation, a one-shot neighbourizer... and more?

Here's the kicker. Ryker's alive. He didn't jump. That means the kill was on someone targeted by multiple players.

Two players claimed to have targeted me last night. Rajam and Kantrip.

Who could the kill have targeted?

1. Raziek
3. Ryker
5. Inferno3044
7. T-block Kantrip
8. Gova
10. Rajam
11. Seph Sangfroid Warrior
12. Glyph

Ryker didn't jump. He wasn't targeted.
Doesn't sense to kill Inferno.
Gova has been covered by WIFOM this whole time, risky shot given that Rajam has been mimicking his protect.
Rajam doesn't make sense as a shot. He's not threatening.
Sang is doomed.
Glyph was seen as scummy.

Conclusion? I was last night's kill target.

From the mime description:

Rajam assumed he was copying Lionsguard. Lionsguard doesn't exist. He tried to copy the NK.
It makes sense that you could be the target, sure. It could have also been Gova. Mime can't mimic kills iirc. I don't know what you're trying to say here, though. There's no reason to believe that the NK was on you, considering it doesn't make sense that you're still alive. Literally the ONLY explanation is if Rajam is lying about being a mime and he attempted to kill you but got stopped by my protect. If you can think of any other reason you're alive right now, go for it. Unless you're claiming indy with a bulletproof you haven't been telling us about....

How I survived, I'm unsure, given that Gova claimed not having his ability. I think it has something to do with me receiving no results last night, but that is a guess. If someone has Gova's power and targeted me, they should claim it.
See above. Only explanations that would make your theory work are if Rajam is scum or if you are bulletproof and scum.

Finally, there is the matter of Kantrip's claim that he's in a QT with someone. How this didn't come out sooner is mind-boggling to me. I suspect he's Indy claiming the other side of the QT. Note that he says he doesn't know who the other person is? There's nothing to go on there. It's unverifiable and makes him look Town, just the innocent guy targeted by some random ability.
This isn't even a point. You don't say anything about why the **** I would randomly say I'm an in unconfirmed anonymous quick topic. There's no way for me to confirm this, and I'm CERTAIN that it's a scummy ability (hence the anonymous part), but hey, here's a good way to prove it: HOW COME NO ONE ELSE IS CLAIMING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MASONRY? It either doesn't exist altogether, or the other side is the scum side. How you're suggesting that I'm the scum side and yet I'm the one that outed is ridiculous.

Final kicker?

Kantrip has avoided any and all pressure on him by claiming that he has a hated status attached to the fictional Lionsguard Servitude. Extremely defensive play.

vote: Kantrip

Your time is up.

That's not a final kicker.... The only way to ****ing prove this ability is to get me to L-2 and WATCH ME GET LYNCHED.

You can track me toNight. You can get Rajam to mimic you and do likewise for all I care. Or you can WIFOM between which one of you is going to track me while the two of you proceed to watch all possible targets for a NK. I'd rather be cleared through your investigations than through being brought to L-2 for a lynch.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Scumslip? He claimed Roleblock on N1, despite claiming to have used Lionsguard Servitude on Ryker.
You're a ****ing idiot. I got notified that I would take two less votes to lynch, meaning I had failed to visit Ryker. Considering he was claiming Auto Potion, I didn't even consider that he could have jumped so I ASSUMED I HAD BEEN ROLEBLOCKED.

How can you even construe this as a scumslip when my CLAIMED ABILITY matches up with that post?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Way too much confusion surrounding the apparent "roleblocking". I don't buy it.

Doom went through, that alone is enough.
I didn't know Split Punch went through at the time. All I knew is that I had tried to Split Punch Rajam and I had tried to protect Ryker. My protect failed. So I ASKED RAJAM IN THREAD IF THE SPLIT PUNCH HAD HIT HIM. HE SAID NO.

SO I THOUGHT I WAS ****ING ROLEBLOCKED.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Like, what the hell puts him above Glyph/Inferno? He is almost certainly the safety net third lynch, but not priority one. At worst, he's a solo indy.

Top Bottom