• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Dissidia

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Cool.

BTW, does Cloud's character model look a little plain to you? or is it just me?
Looks okay to me. But then again, it's probably to match his stoic personality.

Which trust me, after FFVII and AC, his drab melancholy personality will come back in Dissidia. lol

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Reading up the info I got from how the characters are going to be fighting like...I'm only predicting however my feeling of who could potentially be Top-Tier in this game will be Sephiroth, Squall, Kuja, and Ultimecia.

Sephiroth has his long reach with his Masamune alas fairly similar to KH style in a way, and he's also fast too boot...so I don't see how this cannot be an advantage to him against the majority of the other characters. Plus his super sounds like it has huge damage potential...since all it needs you to do is just simply TAP to deal out more damage, so his Super Nova could potentially bring out greater damage then anyone else due to this very reason.

Squall is stated to be a Rushdown and Combo character...if anyone remembers...many rushdown+combobility characters are usually very good (Wolverine, Magneto, Shiek, etc, etc all come to mind), due to their high speed, and well...rushdown capabilities, the combo factor just makes it even greater.

Kuja is not only fast, but he can blast magic from a distance, making it so that he can play a runa away game all day on opponents, forcing to come to him. This again would remind me something of Sagat launching projectiles at you, forcing you to come to him, only in Kuja's advantage, he can run away while do it.

Ultimecia seems to be in the same sense, just doesn't sound like she has the speed of Kuja, however her magic projectiles are supposed to be in waves like streams of bullets, so maybe that could potentially compensate for it.

Yes, all theory, however, this isn't a real omgosh they are top-tier, just my opinion, so if you disagree on my comments...then does it really matter anyhow? :chuckle:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
No..LINK!!!!

Link vs Cloud
Battle of the Blondish swordsmen.
I want to see how Square will pull of Link in their version of a fighting game.
Too bad Link has never been in a FF game, for that matter on a Playstation system, technically though he was in the original FF game in Elf Town where in a grave it said "Here lies Link" so who knows Square could really surprise us.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Which trust me, after FFVII and AC, his drab melancholy personality will come back in Dissidia. lol
I hope so. Cloud in Crisis Core and FF VII is much more likable than depressed Cloud.

And I'm happy Cloud is wearing his normal SOLDIER outfit as his default costume.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So Shantotto has been announced as the hero rep for Final Fantasy XI.

And boy did people complained.

It's like the Brawl boards once Olimar was announced. lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Spire

III
BRoomer
Huh. Not bad.

And I'm not going to judge here. I used to play FFXI and I still think it's a good game. The fact that they have a Tarutaru as the representative from it is pretty funny, but you never know, she may end up being great.

I wonder if this means FFXII characters will make an appearance too? I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for Balthier.
I'm hoping for some XII repping simply because 11 is unbalanced. Balthier and Fran were the only good characters (sans a number of NPC's) from FFXII. It'll be Vaan (ugh) and Vayne if anyone.

The game is almost out though, so I doubt any more characters will make the cut (but who knows, they could pull a Brawl and not reveal a number of them until they're discovered by players upon release).

K64

Smash Apprentice
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43465.html
So apparently Dissidia allows you to save and edit replays from different angles similar to how Brawl does. Expect a flood of Machinima when this game is released.
Oh yes. SquareEnix went there they're taking their precious time with it and using it well. The characters from FF XII will probably be used for airship travel or somethin'.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Apparently this game got a 36 out of 40 from Famitsu (10/9/9/8). It's a really good score for a handheld game.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Apparently this game got a 36 out of 40 from Famitsu (10/9/9/8). It's a really good score for a handheld game.
And knowing Famitsu, that's a great score overall.

However, they do seem to be a bit biased in their scoring, as the Zelda and Square franchises tend to sweep the best scores. Regardless, I won't hold them to that.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Gabranth has been confirmed to be the FFXII villain rep in a new trailer apperantly.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So who's the hero?

I wanted Balthier and Cid as the hero and villain rep. :(
I doubt there will be a hero from XII, just as I doubt there will be a villian from XI. If they did, though, they'd probably put Basche in, maybe Ashe, but I would much rather have Balthier in since he's such a baller.
I doubt they would have done Balthier/Cid since their relationship is too similar to Tidus/Jecht (son/father thing and all). Brother/brother is more plausible and they can explore their relationship further, like why one defected and the other stayed.

Also, that link GreenKirby posted gave me "L'erreur".

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
I just got this game, and my first impressions are starting to go downward.

I can't understand the language so I can't comment on the story, but when I was doing adhoc with some of my friends, we found it incredibly difficult to get an even matchup in multiplayer.

We did Lv1/no equipment/default attacks, and we had great fun. That is, until we found Tina/Terra. Against a lot of the cast she can just use tornado up against the ceiling barrier. She can just rinse/repeat until you die. You can dodge out of it, but it takes an insane amount of timing. Then if you distance yourself, she just makes water splashes around you that force you to have to approach her to attack. If you try to use ranged attacks against her, the tornado will reflect them back at you. Once you get more attacks for other characters you can start getting in between the tornadoes, but that makes it difficult to use the whole cast when playing multiplayer.

I'm hoping that its just our lack of skill makeing this game so hard to play. Sometime in the future, were gonna try importing a save that has Lv99/all items/all techniques and see if it balances the game out, or just makes Terra even more powerful).

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for this to be my new 3d fighter to work on. I haven't switched off of Jedi Knight 2 yet. I haven't found anything that is open-ended enough to make it interesting to learn. I haven't given up on this game yet. I hope that once I have 6 different attacks on the ground and in the air, it'll help the balance a bit.

Of course you can't beat how balanced Jedi Knight 2 is. (Only 1 moveset across all characters ^_^)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Terra's tornado is broken.

That's it, all characters who have tornados are over powered.

This game does look good, shame I don't have a PSP, and it isn't worth it for just this, KH:BBS and Daxter.

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
Terra's tornado is broken.

That's it, all characters who have tornados are over powered.

This game does look good, shame I don't have a PSP, and it isn't worth it for just this, KH:BBS and Daxter.
Heh, I agree that tornadoes should be banned from all fighting games ever now, but from what I've heard on gamefaqs, the game balances out more at the higher levels when all the characters have all their moves unlocked. Terra's tornado just beats the crap out of everyone else when they don't have moves that approach the opponent. The closest I've seen is Tidus's aerial attack that shoots him towards the opponent. You can hover outside the tornado and use that to approach Terra and get a hit in after the tornado is over.

Program

Smash Apprentice
Shantotto and Kefka should be banned. Shantotto has like mad range and speed on her HP attacks and Kefka had stupid priority on his HP attacks and his starting Brave attack has three shots, goes around walls, and is a launcher. Maybe the characters shouldn't be banned but their cheap *** moves should be.

MirrorbladeZen

Smash Rookie
Warning: Wall of Text

What the hyne? You guys are giving up WAY too easily. Shantotto is actually very weak, as the tracking of all her HP attacks sucks major balls. Seriously, why are you complaining? Is it because the fire and blizzard attacks home in? Then just dodge to the side after a second, as that is how long it takes for the spell to come out. All her other spells are far too slow to do s***, you'll need her stop spell to set up.

Speaking of which, Stop is very slow itself. You have about 10 frames before it hits, and that is PLENTY. Bio is her biggest threat, and that's easily countered with a guard or even an HP attack that sends it right back at her. If you think Shantotto needs to be banned, you need to stop crying and know the game better.

Terra is powerful, but her Tornado spell is horrendously slow. You'll be able to tell when she's going to try, and back dodging saves your can every single time. Heck, have a blast and plow right through it with an HP attack of your own (if your name isn't OK and his physical HP attack.) Tornado's priority is on the lower scale and if you're getting infinited at the top...that's your own fault for not escaping. It is very much so possible with dodge cancels and reverse dashing (equipable skill if you really don't like it.)

In fact, Terra is on the lower scale for now. Guard heavy people tear her spells apart, especially just frame guarders. Just framers send the spells right back at her and force her to either deflect it back again, guard, or eat it. Either way, perfect situation to pressure into an HP attack. Her best brave option in my opinion is the first hit of the close range ice spell, because it's cancelable into anything.

Cloud...is beginner friendly and is essentially Ike in Dissidia. No where near cheap, and in fact, Sephiroth and Cloud suffer greatly from predictability. They are gigantic guard bait, with the former having the longest recovery time from blocks.

Kefka is great, and is without a doubt one of the best characters. To say he's unbeatable though...incorrect. Kefka has loopholes much like anybody else and I'll be happy to list them for you.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit pissy, but Dissidia is a great game. People are complaining way too much about brokeness (which it can be, but not without proper skill counters,) most of it coming from a lack of sitting down to learn the game. I've got a competitive board for the game if you really wanna know what goes on. We've even got some AT's found, so don't dismiss Square Enix's legacy yet.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Post the link to your competitive board please. I'm tired of reading GameFAQs scrubs opinions.

Top Bottom