• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Dissidia

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yeah i forgot about this thread, but i saw that trailer earlier today

kefka looks awesome hahaha

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I so want a PSP now because I LOVE Final fantasy, (I mean who doesn't), no surprise if Cloud shows up,I definetly want to use Leon Squall to kick good ol' Sephi's butt.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Every one in game is going to be using Yo****aka Amano desings if you noticed. So if Cloud is going to be in game he's gonna be looking like

Plus his face and hair style we all know.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
that games gonna be awesome i cant wait to play frioniel from FF2
I think it's awesome that Hikaru Midorikawa is voicing Firion.

Every one in game is going to be using Yo****aka Amano desings if you noticed. So if Cloud is going to be in game he's gonna be looking like

Plus his face and hair style we all know.
I still think Amano has beautiful designs. Nomura's character designs are deteriorating slowly over each game. Dissidia's artwork is turning out decent since Nomura's using a partial Amano style to the redesigns.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yeah. Zidane is my favorite Final Fantasy character. I am glad to see him back since he wasn't included in the Kingdom Hearts series yet.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/9/99/AmanoCloud1.jpg
I highly doubt that. The reason why they're mostly Amano designs is simply because he WAS the character designer or the first 6 games and Nomura has stated that he wanted to keep their designs close to that. However, Nomura was the character designer for VII, VIII, and X, so it doesn't make sense that they would use the old Amano designs that not many people are familiar with. We've already seen Sephiroth's design and he looks nearly identical to his incarnations from the FFVII franchise. I don't know what Amano had in mind for Sephiroth's design but given the look of Golbez, Exdeath, Emperor Palmecia, etc., I'm betting that it was probably a lot different.

Is the black one supposed to be Barret? Wow...just wow...

I don't see anyone complaining about the redesigns for FFIX characters. I guess people are ok with Zidane hitting puberty.:chuckle:

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Zidane was like 18. I doubt he did not hit puberty in the game with his friskiness and all. Hah.

OmegaXXII

^^whoa, seriously, I thought that was Riku or somebody from kingdom Hearts when I loaded up the page.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I think it's cool they haven't shown anything about Cloud yet. I'm not anti-FFVII though I am a little tired of it. (I don't care what anyone says I did and will always like the game back when I played it in 97, and I've played the series before hand too.) It's just that if they showed Cloud now unfortunately he and Sephiroth would basically overshadow the whole thing whether they intended it or not. This way it really makes the game seem like it's a bit of a celebration of all of Final Fantasy's history, not just another FFVII and friends bandwagon game. The people around elsewhere asking about him though I don't think have any business worrying about it, you know he'll be in there as an unlockable almost inevitably.

I've been pretty pleased with the recreations of the classic Amano designs. I especially like the Light Warrior. Now with Kefka in there, I really really hope Terra/Tina's in there somewhere. She's the pseudo main character of VI after all, but it's mostly because out of all that cast she seems the most likely because she'd give the "good" side a female representative. I'm surprised there's nothing from IV yet too considering it's one of the most famous pre-VII FF games, and it just came out with that remake on the DS. I wouldn't be surprised if Kain appeared.

I wonder if the non-main FF characters like maybe the ones from Tactics are out of the question too as unlockables.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Zidane was like 18. I doubt he did not hit puberty in the game with his friskiness and all. Hah.
Oh, he was? Wow, my bad. I don't remember IX that well, and he does look like a kid lol.

Cloud in Dissidia is going to be like Sonic in Brawl before it was released: Everyone is hoping for it, and it's very likely to happen, but it probably won't be announced until they need a big boost in press (or until they need to delay the game...).

As far as the FFVI hero goes, even though Terra isn't my favorite character (though it's hard to choose just one character as my favorite) she probably has the most story connections with Kefka, and it would be good to have a woman in the heroes party since right now it's a sausagefest (or maybe swordfest would be more appropriate). It would also be cool to play as her in her esper form.

I seriously doubt that any characters from the Tactics series will be in it.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I wasnt exactly thrilled to see FF7 included. I love the game to death, but they are wh0ring it way too much. Sephiroth needs to die. Genesis is the new bad azz now. jkjk

Darkslash

Smash Master

He's gonna be a Paradox in this game.

If you haven't played FFI Garland is both Garland and Choas. Seeing Choas is in this game as one of those God's its gonna be interesting to see the reactions between the two.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
And that's without figuring in the possible FF9 connections.

God the dimensional paradox thing continuing in some of these games is headache inducing.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Sorry to double post, but I need to bump this topic to post this:

Here's the artwork for all the revealed characters of Dissidia.

http://www.dissidia-france.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=341&st=0&p=6271&#entry6271
Thanks for the bump, this is great.

No real surprises here. I think we all knew Cloud was going to be in it and Terra seems like the logical choice from VI. V isn't surprising seeing as how there was really only Exdeath as a villain (Gilgamesh, while awesome, reforms).

WTF why does Bartz look like a woman? That's messed up man.

Darkslash

Smash Master
WTF why does Bartz look like a woman? That's messed up man.

Back when the Art of Final Fantasy IV came out people thought Paladin Cecil was a woman....unfortunately looks like he has purple lipstick now.. but ohh boy
Theodore vs Cecil is going to be sweet.

YES CLOUD HE HAS A SWORD!

Kefka looks seriously demented.

ummm i dunno what to say.

If Mateus doesn't get this as his theme song then some thing gone wrong in the music department.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hey guys. New trailer from TGS is finally out to the public.

It shows all the characters fighting, check it out here:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VRHxmPSrj4M

If you want to see a higher quality video, you can go to Square's official website for Dissidia, however, the Youtube one is actually subbed in English.

One more month until the game's released.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys. New trailer from TGS is finally out to the public.

It shows all the characters fighting, check it out here:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VRHxmPSrj4M

If you want to see a higher quality video, you can go to Square's official website for Dissidia, however, the Youtube one is actually subbed in English.

One more month until the game's released.
AWESOME. First half is stuff from the last trailer though.

Finally we get to see all of them in action.

OmegaXXII

So it finally comes, the time when it's about to be released, anyone know if Riku from KH or any FF X character will actually be in the game? I didn't bother checking that website due to the fact that I don't want to be spoiled just yet, as I've already been with some of the characters I saw posted here. <_<

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Didn't see anything about KH.

Tidus and Jecht are in from X. Seems like they have a protagonist and an antagonist from each game 1 through 10

Minato

穏やかじゃない
There should be nothing about KH in this game. This is meant as a tribute to the FF series, so I doubt they'll decide to add any KH characters into the mix.

But as far as we know, there could be secret characters in Dissidia. I wouldn't be surprised if Noctis and Lightning join Dissidia's cast as secret characters.

@GreenKirby, Nomura is using more of Amano's design in the characters. Amano originally made Terra blonde. Nomura changed it to green when he made the sprites for Terra in FF6. And who knows, since there are multiple costumes, we might get green-haired Terra back.

OmegaXXII

Didn't see anything about KH.

Tidus and Jecht are in from X. Seems like they have a protagonist and an antagonist from each game 1 through 10
Is that so, then this FF collaboration will surely be one to look forward to.

There should be nothing about KH in this game. This is meant as a tribute to the FF series, so I doubt they'll decide to add any KH characters into the mix.

But as far as we know, there could be secret characters in Dissidia. I wouldn't be surprised if Noctis and Lightning join Dissidia's cast as secret characters.
I do have to agree that this should only involve and be exclusively for FF characters as it would truly make it one, I just thought that Square might added some kind of Bonus character in there and seeing as KH is popular and all so I though maybe an KH character could possibly be in it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

I do have to agree that this should only involve and be exclusively for FF characters as it would truly make it one, I just thought that Square might added some kind of Bonus character in there and seeing as KH is popular and all so I though maybe an KH character could possibly be in it.

Well, we never know. Square could put in a KH character if they felt like it.

It'd be a little weird though. :laugh:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
There won't be any KH characters.

They're owned by Disney. Why put 'em in a FF game?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Still a bit disappointed that they didn't rep FFXII. Then again, Vaan and Vayne wouldn't have added much to the game anyways. Having similar names doesn't help.

I will buy a PSP just for this game.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm looking forward to this game. It gives me something else to pick up other than Patapon 2.

I'm still hoping for SE to pull an 'omg wtf surprise' and say Mario's in the game as a cameo, though. That would be awesome.

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm looking forward to this game. It gives me something else to pick up other than Patapon 2.

I'm still hoping for SE to pull an 'omg wtf surprise' and say Mario's in the game as a cameo, though. That would be awesome.
I sincerely hope that you're not serious in the least.

Also, get some custom fw, rip some psx isos and play those.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Cool.

BTW, does Cloud's character model look a little plain to you? or is it just me?

Top Bottom