• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Dissidia

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Kefka just cracks me up just by running. I wouldn't be able to take him seriously when playing him. It's like fighting Wario.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Kefka just cracks me up just by running. I wouldn't be able to take him seriously when playing him. It's like fighting Wario.
yeah I know, oh FF7 chars. are too overrated, so they've been kind of nerfed for this game...
Playing as cloud or Sephiroth, it just doesn't feel like an excellent character.
What other characters to rant about, oh yeah,Shantotto is a horrible character until she lands slow, than the game ends for the poor old chap who got caught in it

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I honestly didn't think this game was meant for those two. I had enough of Sephiroth since Crisis Core, and Cloud needs to retire. I kind of fell in love with Zack, Angeal, and Genesis anyway. Most people did.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I honestly didn't think this game was meant for those two. I had enough of Sephiroth since Crisis Core, and Cloud needs to retire. I kind of fell in love with Zack, Angeal, and Genesis anyway. Most people did.
True, but they didn't have much of a chance of getting in since Dissidia is more of a heroes story for the main series

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
haha. Onion Knight seems a lot of fun. Very quick and small, like Toon Link.

Gee why do I keep comparing them with Brawl characters? lol

UncleSam

Smash Master
I don't know maybe because It's being discussed on a brawl forum, they have a tier list, and people look for AT's, there are match-up, ect.

Yes Dissidia has AT's, you can cancel your glide and do an air attack right out of it...

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Wowzers. If only it was wifi. It could be a good competitive game, though it isn't a mothership title.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Oh wait, there's also ad-hoc party which is supposedly compatible, but I don't have a PS3 so I'm outta luck

Gates

Banned via Warnings
And if Nomura wants Kain in so bad, I could predict other side characters appearing in the next Dissidia:

FF1 -( Probably nobody.)
Minwu or Leon - FF2
FF3 - (Never played yet to know.)
Kain - FF4 (established. lol)
Gilgamesh - FF5
Locke - FF6
Zack - FF7 (I hear Zack is Cloud's alternate outfit, but might have been a rumor)
Seifer - FF8
Beatrix - FF9 (She needs more rep. An awesome character, and Dissidia needs more females.)
Seymour - FF10
FF11 - (They already broke Taboo with Shantotto. lol)
Vayne or Doctor Cid - FF12
I personally would rather have Shadow or General Leo from FFVI than Locke. There's a lot of story potential for Shadow (specifically whose side he'd be on) and Leo is just awesome and fits the storyline relationship between Terra and Kefka. Seymour from FFX would be good but I think Auron would be awesome too. As for FFXII, it makes more sense to put in Basch than Vayne and Cid since they already have Gabranth, his brother.

You know who they need from FFXIII?
SAZH

I heard a lot about Jecht. He sounds like the Snake of Dissidia, really.
Only in the sense that he's really good. From what I gather, he doesn't share Snake's defensive playstyle at all due to his lack of any projectiles. I guess that makes him more like Metaknight?

Oh right. The Japanese names. For those who don't know:

Frionel = Furion
Butz (I lol'd) = Bartz
Tina = Terra
I thought Firionel's English name was Firion?

Terra has a playstyle that fits me. She is like a Zelda ripoff and I love it. Bartz also has a fun playstyle.
Terra and Bartz are definitely people I want to try out. Maybe ExDeath too.

Does he camp a lot? Then it would REALLY be like fighting Wario.

Yes Dissidia has AT's, you can cancel your glide and do an air attack right out of it...
There's also M-Canceling, but I'm not exactly sure how it works. Does anyone know about this?

Anyone who's played this and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus want to say which is better? I'm trying to decide...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72357

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Dang, Gates. lol

I thought about Basch. He was the only epic hero from FF12. But it kind would be out of place since Vaan and Asch are the mains, and they were just....unlikeable.

And that was a typo on Firion's name.

Kefka COULD be a huge camper. See the previous posts. I think it was UncleSam that mentioned a long-range and powerful Holy magic attack with Kefka. Sounds Pit-worthy.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
@Black Waltz: Agreed. One of the best next to FF9's battle remix.

FF1 -( Probably nobody.)
Maybe FFI Cid because he plays a strong role in this game

Locke Celes- FF6
:D

Zack - FF7 (I hear Zack is Cloud's alternate outfit, but might have been a rumor)
He isn't an alt outfit. Cloud's alt outfit is his AC appearance

Seymour Auron- FF10
LOL Seymour? More like "What Kuja would have been if they focused on the possible arrange marriage between Kuja and Dagger" :p

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ah, I can't wait for this. I had tried it on a friend's PSP, and it was fun. I got all the way through it. Unfortunately, I don't know japanese, so I didn't understand what it was I was equipping. Trial and error.

Can't wait until it get's released here in the states.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... Cloud being Mid-Tier...

I can deal with that. This might change, though, with the Western release, considering that movesets will be changed and characters readjusted apparently. So who knows?

... lol, watch as Cloud takes top tier. :p

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Square-Enix has revealed a collector's edition (not that great) for Dissidia on the week of its release. The covers look awesome.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
A Fail Tier list, Kefka at #1 is full of :laugh::psycho:.

Anyhow, I could've sworn that Cloud was Top-Tier due to the fact he's got an infinity in Dissidia, I remember playing against my cousin, getting hit by it and not being able to do absolutely nothing, because I was stunned and simply couldn't get out...:(.

Oh well, Dissidia, overall is a very bugged game anyhow, even though it's fun, however imo it gets repetitive after awhile.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm sure either that move is banned, or Cloud himself is banned. Probably just the move considering many would complain about Cloud not being used if people tried making tournaments of this. Hell, I'm using Cloud all the time. Not that I need the infinite anyway. It's just really, really awesome. Hahah.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I'm sure either that move is banned, or Cloud himself is banned. Probably just the move considering many would complain about Cloud not being used if people tried making tournaments of this. Hell, I'm using Cloud all the time. Not that I need the infinite anyway. It's just really, really awesome. Hahah.
Cloud = Metaknight?

I can see it happening. Although Terra is magically broken.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
IIRC, lots of people have infinites and Cloud doesn't have too many other redeeming factors (Slow, laggy attacks...he's basically Ike from what I understand). The infinite will certainly make him good, but from what I've been hearing he's not quite top tier material.

I've always heard that ExDeath and Jecht were top tier. Jecht apparently has an amazing offensive game as well as Jecht Block which helps him avoid any sort of projectile damage, which negates his weakness of not having one. ExDeath is also the deadliest, most defensive tree ever since he can basically camp with All Guard all day and kill his opponent by counterattacking. His only real weaknesses are dittos (which seem like they'd be boring as ****) and Gabranth, who takes advantage of his camping style to charge his EX meter until he can use his swords to join the logging industry.

But yeah, idk if we already talked about this but for those who haven't played it, who are you looking forward to trying out?

For me it's:

Golbez - Seems combo happy, could be interesting.
Bartz - Seems like an interesting, eclectic movepool alonf with Falcon Goblin Punch.
ExDeath - I wanna see why he's so broken.
Terra - I love FFVI.
Kefka - See Terra.
Tidus - Seems like the fastest character in the game during EX mode, and speed is always great in fighing games.
Jecht - Seems like a good opportunity to yell "I AM A MAN!"
Shantotto - MUTHER****IN TARUTARU GON RAIN ON THESE *****ES

kr3wman

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgO2LTxHz_o&feature=related Cloud Infinite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pSxVaC6fow&feature=related Cloud of darkness infinite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pfq2peooG0&feature=related Garland infinite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhJM_lFZJg4&feature=related Golbez infinite -Needs a wall lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A96KmBWgC6A Cecil infinite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z90HKcpulq0&feature=related Firion infinite

EDIT : LOL Exdeath dittos

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Looks more like he needs a ceiling and a wall.

Do these look like they should be escapable to anyone else? I keep thinking that they should be able to airdodge out of both, but I guess Dissidia just has a ton of hitstun.

Also, I found a Tidus infinite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDNfqQud2Z8&feature=related
Only works if your opponent doesn't have the Aerial Recovery ability equipped.

Oh, and would EX mode Garland be immune to these infinites since he doesn't recieve knockback?

EDIT: Also, activating EX Mode with any character apparently will get you out of some infinites. The Squall player does it in this vid against a Firion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h63oohKDolc&feature=channel_page

Reminds me of Phantom Ganon.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
If I remember correctly, and thanks for bringing that up Gates, but I do remember some peeps talking to me about Jecht and Tidus...seriously, how could I forget about Tidus, the dude is stupidly good in Dissidia, due to his sheer speed.

However, Cloud's infinite is just downright ********...because sooner or later, you will get hit, and when you do it's....:urg:.

Also, doesn't Sephiroth have an infinite as well? Someone gave me this vid, but I dont have a PSP around to confirm it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-LOBsp3hKs&feature=PlayList&p=7A6996E612FFB1E2&index=1

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Also, doesn't Sephiroth have an infinite as well? Someone gave me this vid, but I dont have a PSP around to confirm it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-LOBsp3hKs&feature=PlayList&p=7A6996E612FFB1E2&index=1
Hard to say, they guy doesn't really do it for very long so I can't get a good look at it. It would also help if he did it on other characters so we could know if Sephiroth can do it to anyone besides himself (ie. Not limited by weight like Cecil's infinite).

kr3wman

Smash Master
It works on everybody, IIRC.

Just 2-3 times on most people tho. But Sephiroth has options out of it.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I just keep getting a Snake vibe from Jecht. Probably because of facial hair and voice...and possible broken-ness.

Top Bottom