• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

cman

Smash Ace
Lol. I hate foreign websites. I'm going to end up signing up for a 5 year gym membership by clicking stuff which i merely think i know what it says.

About that vid though, what happened at :58? Lol, the box just like accellerated on its own. WAAAAIIIITTT is that ganon's utilt that does that?? Lol someone could make a game out of that. You should make it so you can cancel utilt, and then ganons could play like bumper cars

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jigglypuff is GAY lol.

Can I post that in this thread? Lol :/

D

Deleted member

ofcourse you can, but prepare to get flamed by the jiggly mains.

*hands flameshield*

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I agree with Dr. Mario Guy. Not only a poor character design and choice (Jigglypuff was mildly 'cool' during Smash 64. She's long past any meaningful impact to the series.) the whole rest thing is dumb. Jigglypuff is such a mediocre character that is just balanced around having one super OP move and the 3-4 setups for it. BORING.

I don't think she's OP and if Jiggly mains like her the way she is, then whatever. But she is just such a poor character design.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm one of the people that uses her for Brawl+ lol. I spot gayness in characters very fast. Like, it's fun for me to kill my friend at 20% with a Pound to rest, or an Uair to rest, or even to force him to airdodge offstage and then rest him anyways lol. But she is too good compared to everyone in Brawl+ IMO.

Her airspeed, combined with the ability to combo just about anything into a rest at lower % for the kill, while also being able to stall if she needs to, is bad. Not even characters like Marth who outrange her are safe.

But she is fun to use lol, the local guys hate me using her though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
She has big weaknesses though, and there are legit counters against her.
Lol ok, name them.

Go on, name a character that counters the gayness known as Jigglypuff.

And yeah she is ****, she's ridiculous **** though lol.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Weaknesses are compensated by the fact that she's pink and a floating ball of cute. And ****.
This logic baffles me.

Because there is clearly no counterargument except:

No u :012:

And that overcentralizes the metagame to only be about cute balloons and Butterfree.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
GHNeko: DONE! U better hope I mess up my rest combo's lol. Offstage, U dead, no hope lol.

Revven

FrankerZ
Lol ok, name them. Go on, name a character that counters the gayness known as Jigglypuff.
Generally anyone with more range and priority (and ground speed) than Jigglypuff, there's a few I can think of.

Meta Knight
Marth
DK (iffy at best, I'm more looking at it as range and priority over Jiggs but then, she has her adv. against him as well so idk)
Sheik

Bout most I can think of, she ***** the ffer's no question about them (hence why they're not on there) and most heavyweights get ***** (because they are heavy and thus easily combo'd) except for DK and Snake (who both have range, priority, and some form of speed, like Snake's Mortar Slide).

Jigglypuff lacks the range, ground speed, is light, and has pretty bad priority. She gets ***** kinda hard by MK and Marth, I know that much, but it doesn't mean she can't dish out a bit of **** to them too.

I don't play as any of the chars mentioned except DK, Sheik, and Snake (and Snake is only for lulz). So... just going off of what I've read from the Jiggs+ thread.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
You could try giving Jigglypuff more priority. Despite claims that she's got an "incredible aerial game", the fact still stands that disjointed > her and everything g&w has > her.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
You could try giving Jigglypuff more priority. Despite claims that she's got an "incredible aerial game", the fact still stands that disjointed > her and everything g&w has > her.
Just be thankful that G&W has a bad recovery now.
If he could still sweetspot the ledge then you would just have to give up against him :p

Well... he can sweetspot the ledge but he has to go so stupidly low to do it that it is useless and if he misses he is stuck in lightyears of lag.

But then I remembered from that trainer in Brock's gym; lightyears are a measure of distance!

D

Deleted member

yes it's the same.
and you can love kupo's set all you want but it's not gonna be used at a tourny ever. keep that in mind.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Just be thankful that G&W has a bad recovery now.
If he could still sweetspot the ledge then you would just have to give up against him :p

Well... he can sweetspot the ledge but he has to go so stupidly low to do it that it is useless and if he misses he is stuck in lightyears of lag.
You know, I paused to stop reading your post here thinking to myself "...that's distance," so at first I was all... >_>

But then I remembered from that trainer in Brock's gym; lightyears are a measure of distance!
Then I lol'd

Revven

FrankerZ
Larger hitboxes on certain moves. These moves, in my head, will give him more aerial priority, and less trade offs will happen, as well as falcon might win more battles in terms of who's hitbox reaches the other's hurtbox first. :V
However, you'd have to be EXTREMELY careful not to make the hitboxes so huge that they are as long or as big as Marth's sword swings are. >_>

I'm not confident on increasing any of Falcon's hitboxes in size... unless you wanted to do it for Nair or Bair. But, honestly, I don't know, low priority for him has kinda been his weakness since Melee (and I even think 64).

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm not one for supporting increased Falcon hitboxes or even increased Falcon priority. Though I'd like something to be done about nair; I just don't feel like it's a good move.

Top Bottom