• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

Sukai

Smash Champion
Man o man, Bowser+ plus challenge with lvl 9 cpus are piss easy.

Since replays aren't organized and randomly named, I don't know which is which, so I got them all in one zip file.
First, the zip file goes in private > Wii > App > rsbe > rp
One replay is a screwed up Bowser+ Challenge, I did it on Final Destination and not Wario Ware.
6 of them are correct Bowser+ challenges.
I did them with Fox, Falcon, Ike, Ganon and Link.
The Last replay is a Normal Brawl match, Falcon vs Kirby, smashville, drop zone for the win, old video, unimportant. Except for the one I did on Final Destination, I won all of them.
3 lvl 9 Green Team Bowsers.
Team Attack off.
4 stock
I was at 60% buffer through each one.

Link.
For Clarity, I used Goodoldganon's Roy codeset for this.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Bowser+ Challenge. You vs 3 bowsers. 4 stock. No items/FD. Team attack off. Wario Ware only.

And people normally use 100%/10 frame cuz onliny suuucks.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
So how about that Metaknight/Kirby MM texture?

Edit: Wooaaah. The Japanese Mii fortune-telling channel has to be one of the most epic channels i've ever had.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Nope. I've actually beat it against lvl9 CPUs without losing a single life with Jigglypuff, but I haven't uploaded cause nobody cares. All you do is solid planking for five minutes.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I planked none, I fought like I would a human opponent.
3....predictable......dumb.......opponents.......with bad DI.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Knux, you understand that CPU's learn button inputs from players right? I haven't watched your replays yet, but you must understand that the more you play offline matches the smarter CPU's get, and additionally if someone is good at a specific character, the CPU of that character will pick up strategies that the player uses. So there's a possibility that A: you never play offline and thus your CPUs suck or B: You weren't good for a long time/played against bad players and the CPUs learned to be stupid.

I suspect that is it A.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
No, they don't. That is just a rumor. CPU's mimic certain things, because they will have a better chance of hitting you. EXAMPLE TIME: You short-hop arial, and the CPU does the same, because they will be able to hit you if they shorthop to your height, right? Also, for reference, CPU's sometimes dashdance because they cannot hit you when they start a run (not always hapens, mostly when they are in a wierd position and start running), so they run back and forth (dashdance) until you are easier to get.

who else lol'd at EXAMPLE TIME

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
No, they don't. That is just a rumor. CPU's mimic certain things, because they will have a better chance of hitting you. EXAMPLE TIME: You short-hop arial, and the CPU does the same, because they will be able to hit you if they shorthop to your height, right? Also, for reference, CPU's sometimes dashdance because they cannot hit you when they start a run (not always hapens, mostly when they are in a wierd position and start running), so they run back and forth (dashdance) until you are easier to get.

who else lol'd at EXAMPLE TIME
Actually they DO learn button inputs, and its not even a new technology at all, it is used in many games. Anyways you said IN YOUR POST that they mimic certain things.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
They don't "learn" button inputs. Computer Players do not have artificial intelligence, as the data would be far too much for the Wii. Anyways, mimicing isn't learning. You have no argument whatsoever.

obv.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
They don't "learn" button inputs. Computer Players do not have artificial intelligence, as the data would be far too much for the Wii. Anyways, mimicing isn't learning. You have no argument whatsoever.

obv.
If the CPU's didn't have AI, they wouldn't do anything, you have no idea what you're even talking about do you? And button input memory doesn't take up that much space.

Anyways we should take this to PM's, as at this point we are just spamming.

This is a social thread. If you're conversing, you aren't spamming. >_>

Also, it appears I forgot to put my FC up here. >_>

Tatsuman 3395-0504-2068

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Doesn't change the fact it's a dumb argument...

Cut it out. There are times I'm convinced the computer learns (I've seen Kirby do the crouch taunt) and other times I'm convinced they don't learn ****. It varies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The CPUs store sequences of player inputs and execute them almost randomly.

They also store how often you do certain things during certain conditions and randomly pull them out.

That's why you sometimes see CPUs doing parts of your combos or you see them do a CG, and why they act like you sometimes, and even crouch taunt.

CPUs learn in the sense they record button inputs and usage of moves and movements. When they use them though, can be considered random.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
The CPUs store sequences of player inputs and execute them almost randomly.

They also store how often you do certain things during certain conditions and randomly pull them out.

That's why you sometimes see CPUs doing parts of your combos or you see them do a CG, and why they act like you sometimes, and even crouch taunt.

CPUs learn in the sense they record button inputs and usage of moves and movements. When they use them though, can be considered random.
This is pretty much what I was saying ^^^^

D

Deleted member

aside from the bowser challenge me and my friend tried a couple others (always against lvl 9's)
do note that PAL doesn't have WW boundaries extended.

I actually managed to finish the Ike challenge (I had 1 stock left) but that was just massive planking with dorf.

Sukai

Smash Champion
This is pretty much what I was saying ^^^^
This whole conversation started by something Matt said to me, so I shall respond as so.
I play offline a healthy bit, but I don't do 100% Brawl+, I still play normal Brawl, and perhaps because of the physical and global differences between the two, some actions and what not may not reap the desired outcome that they would have on the proper version.

Please don't "assume" something about me when you ask me a question.
We all have our pet peeves.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
My Brawl CPUs crouchtaunt me. And ledgehog. And falco CG. I hate them.

Edit: Woops, forgot to post my FC. It's over there
<--

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Oh I totally forgot this was just the social thread ha. Nevermind then cookie, continue to argue with me :p
YES I WILL!!!

it seems that I am too late.

They don't learn, though. Artificial Intelligence is the ability to think and assess certain problems (in a nutshell). They just mimic.

Top Bottom