• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
That thing is a legit infinite on ROB in vBrawl.

Pretty sure its just footstool, forced getup, footstool, forced getup, footstool, forced getup etc until you feel like Falcon Punching, and Falcon Punch is guaranteed on a forced getup.
Your correct. For some reason i totally forgot about force get-ups for a moment. So that is a legit combo. Makes me think about what could happen in brawl+ with the added hitstun to allow better opportunities to footstool. Of course the faster flopping on the ground would make these hard to pull off but given the speed some people can FF it's not unlikley.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
You could tech that 4 times in brawl+ due to the teching code >_>
I hadnt tried footstools in brawl+, i was unaware you could now tech them. Your still wrong tho. Just twice. You cant tech forced get ups, i have tried that.

makes me happy tho

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I hadnt tried footstools in brawl+, i was unaware you could now tech them. Your still wrong tho. Just twice. You cant tech forced get ups, i have tried that.

makes me happy tho
Bair knocked him in the air in a tumble state. Should be techable. You probably either mistimed it or weren't hit hard enough. Forced getups afaik only work with moves weak enough not to tumble.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
ehh... perhaps your right. I've only been in that situation once or twice, probably bad timing on my part.

You just cant prove smash Einstein wrong :embarrass

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ugh... teching in vBrawl is just so awful.

Playing hours of 64, Melee, and B+ then going back into vBrawl and trying to tech things really makes me see how much better of a game vBrawl could have been.

Then playing B+ online and trying to tech things makes me see how much better Nintendo's servers could have been.

GG Sakurai. GG.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I've got plenty of replays of which I dont feel nor think I can upload all of them tonight. :V
I'll be frank

**** you

jk jk lulz ilu

You gotta teach my how to be good at TvC. I'm getting decent with my team of Alex and Karas. And of course Ryu, but who isn't. I want to also pick up Batsu.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Is there a video thread (that isnt closed) where I should post vids? Or should I post them here? I looked, but the only one I found was already closed.

Edit: Nevermind I found it, but the first page hasnt been updated in 2 months

I'd like to formally introduce myself into the community. I'm a well known pit player in the brawl community, and will be using pit in brawl+. So far I like the way he moves. I'm hoping to become the best pit in Brawl+ as well.

Edit 2: oh fun, wifi. 3245-4774-9716 or 1032-1329-9289 (depends what house i'm at). I live in WA if that gives an idea of how lag will be

Lag in B+ is almost intolerable. Still better than CPUs though.

Speaking of online, it seems I haven't posted my FC

3395 0504 2068

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to formally introduce myself into the community. I'm a well known pit player in the brawl community, and will be using pit in brawl+. So far I like the way he moves. I'm hoping to become the best pit in Brawl+ as well.
Well, my vBrawl Pit isn't good, and neither is my Brawl+ Pit, mainly cause there's bearly any Pit videos to watch for B+ and I just suck. >_< Upload some please, your vBrawl combo videos are pretty awesome.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Sagemoon already has videos on. I saw them. It's prettyyyy pimp.

Lucky for him, he mains a character that barely changes between Brawl and Brawl+

timothyung

Smash Ace
Just checked, Pit only have three individual changes being made:
dtilt now is a meteor for the whole hitbox
No freefall after UpB
Gravity changes

Wario has even less individual changes, though. Only FF sped up to 1.2

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Most of Pit's strategies only work on vBrawl, so a same Pit from vBrawl to Brawl+ isn't really a good thing. I really want to see what a vBrawl Pit pro will do with Brawl+, cause I sure can't do anything amazing. >.>

Is Wario really the least changed character?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Wario is probably going to get nerfed eventually. :V

At least I think so.
Just go Marth and problem solved >_>

Wario in a nutshell:
He has little range and gets abused by disjointed hitboxes.
He has no way of dealing with projectiles or any of his own (minus bike parts, but I'm not going to count them because he can't use them at any given moment like other projectiles)
He has a good recovery in terms of distance but its pretty predicable and if you can intercept the bike jump he is a sitting duck.

He has a good combo game and can combo into kill options, heavy and floaty (a real wtf combination in Smash) making him hard to kill and fairly hard to combo, super armor in all the right places, and bite is so sexy when it comes to abusing extended hurtboxes. Add on his ability to just outcamp and run the timer any problem matchups (his mobility coupled with airdodges gets him through like anything... running the timer sucks but its something you just have to do sometimes with Wario...).

He is certainly one of the best in the game, I think its just whether the WBR feels his weaknesses compensate enough for how **** good everything else is. I wouldn't want to see anything happen to him besides maybe some damage nerfs though.

I will admit myself as a Wario player about how retardedly good comboing into a fully charged Waft for 42% plus whatever the combo into it did. The fact that he can nearly instantly put like 70% or more on any character is a bit overkill. I don't even use a fully charged Waft to kill because its so much easier to take the 42% and then jab cancel a Fsmash or something to kill. And when a perfectly timed Waft can kill around 70% (~50% no DI on Mario) it might not be the worse idea to have Wario take a little longer to build up that percent.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Just because you can go Marth doesn't mean Wario wont get nerfed. The same could be said about MK with Marth. <_<

The guy is 3rd best in Brawl now, and with little changes (generally none negative) done to the guy, hitstun with extremely strong combos/kill moves and a horizontal recovery barely effected by gravity AND chaingrabs (lolfalcon)

I fail to see how he wont be nerfed some how in the future. It's just that since no one plays him, he's been off the radar. :V

But hey, I dont want wario to be nerfed, he's ****ing awesome. I'm saying that logicallly speaking, once given the limelight his overall potential will cause him to be nerfed. At least I think so.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Wario won't get nerfed. His weakness are very visible and exploitable. His only nerf will be a fix to d-throw to remove the chaingrab.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
That thing is a legit infinite on ROB in vBrawl.

Pretty sure its just footstool, forced getup, footstool, forced getup, footstool, forced getup etc until you feel like Falcon Punching, and Falcon Punch is guaranteed on a forced getup.
FF first his nair, footstool, fulhop, non sweetspot bair, SH, FF first his nair.
repeat.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Hey knux, you do know that the falcon punch "combo" in your sig was techable... four times... right?
In Brawl+ yeah, but that's a vBrawl clip.
Good song selection, though.
Thank you.

This is why I don't play vbrawl anymore. The only combos are chain grabs, locks, and stuff you should be able to tech but can't >_>
Not true, there are plenty combos being discovered in vBrawl. True Combos.

vBrawl is still a fun game. As is Melee, 64 and Plus.
It sucks that Michigan players aren't too open to Brawl+.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Yah, it makes me so happy when I use MK's tornado and get 10 hits! Bet you don't get TEN-hitters in Melee!

Seriously, there aren't really any combos, save a few utilts in a row.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Yah, it makes me so happy when I use MK's tornado and get 10 hits! Bet you don't get TEN-hitters in Melee!

Seriously, there aren't really any combos, save a few utilts in a row.
But there is!
I still play vBrawl, and I can vouch for them, they may not be nocal pro strings of attacks and grabs that finishes with a sweetspotted knee, but there are true combos in vBrawl, just have to use your head.

Top Bottom