• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination is boring?

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
^^^^^that was a pretty good visual representation of FD. You deserve some kudos for that one. On the subject of FD, FD is a great big pile of waste. Sure, it's great for 1v1 w/o interruption, but it's not like we want level playing fields anyways. Everyone knows that we turn on all the items and play 4 ppl free-for-all.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I prefer Smashville or Green Greens, but FD is pretty nice I guess. It's good for gimping and what-not.

BSP

Smash Legend
FD is my favorite stage. I like the music and it's not too big/small. If it wasn't for the music, i wouldn't pick it as much, but i don't get tired of the stage

And another thing: I hate platforms

DarkAura

Smash Lord
funny cause i hate the music there.

Since FD isn't fox's best stage anymore i have no reason to play on it, so i don't

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Not too interesting. play it because I like neutral stages. Anyways thats why I kick as at the yoshis island stage. One platform, the ghost, pretty background, and kick *** music

IThinkAboutIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
To be honest I expect my opponents to amuse me.
When I play someone so good that I'm all focused and have to go 100% to even have a chance of beating him, then FD is a perfect place for that battle and no it won't be boring.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
FD is my favorite stage. I like the music and it's not too big/small. If it wasn't for the music, i wouldn't pick it as much, but i don't get tired of the stage

And another thing: I hate platforms
What's wrong with platforms? They make stages interesting.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
i hate platforms whenever you go above them you can't get back down unless you die
platforms are an advantage to some characters and players but to others it really limits what they can do when their oponent uses them well

I actually enjoy final destination when im certain characters (Peach, Zamus) because of the awesome glide toss, however, its boring when your opponents pick it without any thought into the situation x.x

Papapower12

Smash Rookie
I pick FD almost 100% the time with my friends
but lately, i have been picking halberd and smashville

xxmaliciousxx

Smash Cadet
I've looked through several threads here. I didn't really see topics that only focus on this stage. To the point, is everyone getting tired of playing on FD? This is the stage I always pick when playing with friends because(you know why). The fact that nothing really goes on there has me curious if I'm picking it a little too much.
I don't care how "fun" illegal stages are and how "boring" Final Destination is. Stages with hazards such as knockback, damage, scrolling, clutter, or ridiculously large size disrupt the quality of the game.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
During a tournament I don't mind playing at Final Destination because it's a fair stage for my opponent and I. When I smashing against my friends however I can't stand being at Final Destination match after match because there are so many other great stages in Brawl.

migas140

Smash Rookie
I don't mind it too much since I play it so little. I usually pick hectic stages, like WarioWare, Inc., Port Town Aero Dive or Spear Pillar.

Yes, I'm not too much of a competitive player.

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't care how "fun" illegal stages are and how "boring" Final Destination is. Stages with hazards such as knockback, damage, scrolling, clutter, or ridiculously large size disrupt the quality of the game.
I agree with you. For me, the most fun is an uninterrupted match on FD. I pick it the most, but I use other nuetrals and Cp's.

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say that it is boring. But I would definitely say it's overplayed and you can expect someone to pick it most of the time. It can be a fun stage to play on really but that lip is so annoying and I get murdered on it when I face Diddys or Olimars. >_>

Jonas

Smash Champion
Well you can't lie FD is the most fairest stage, but if you want to have more fun play a different more challenging stage.
Since you're a Falco main I assume that's what you tell your friends when they john about FD and lasercamping :laugh:

But srsly though, FD is not the most fair stage. IMO it shouldn't even be one of the "neutral" stages.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
I actually think it gets old too. Generally it's the only stage picked by the casual bunch.

Out of the neutrals, I prefer Pokemon Stadium 1 the most because of the non-lethal changes to the stage.

Top Bottom