• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
America needs to learn to start playing good games like KOF or VF more instead of flocking to the popular or sheep games real talk. The same with letting stream monsters kill experience for people on stream.

Also if any of you got 68 minutes to kill, the 100 Yen The Japanese Arcade Experience 2013 documentary is out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNtClrvGQ1Y&list=WLA398A2FB9286E5BA

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Don't worry, everyone will be playing Xrd when it comes out.

Amarica's tastes cant be so bad that they would ignore this one right?

Right?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's hard to say. Guilty Gear, is like the one Anime/Airdasher game (aside from Marvel, because let's be honest, it totally is) that even the elitists in the SF or Marvel scenes seem to really respect and like, so it's not unheard of to think of Xrd getting like double or triple what the other anime games at EVO have gotten (if not maybe a bit more).

Minato

穏やかじゃない

It's no Dizzy, but please let her be playable

Edit: well of course she will be, but I hope it won't be long to see a non boss version shown soon

Last edited:

Reznor

work in progress
so I wanted to start getting into fighting games that aren't Smash and I have some questions

is the KI3 community doing well and is it a good game
what are the upcoming games people are looking forward to the most
what fighting games have the biggest community

Minato

穏やかじゃない
so I wanted to start getting into fighting games that aren't Smash and I have some questions

is the KI3 community doing well and is it a good game
what are the upcoming games people are looking forward to the most
what fighting games have the biggest community
For a game that's on a new console, KI3 is doing pretty well. It's a decent fighter by Double Helix that had to stick with the combo breaker system. The game gets some hate for a variety of reasons, but it's a good attempt for something that was possibly rushed.

Guilty Gear Xrd and Ultra Street Fighter IV will be the biggest upcoming fighters as far as traditional ones go.

Biggest fighters that have the biggest community are the Capcom ones. So SF and Marvel.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Wanna play KI on Xbone better prepare to dish out hella money like it's TVC when it first came out in the states.

Edit: Also I think KI is gonna be at EVO and it will announced tomorrow on The Fray stayed tuned.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
My thoughts on KI3 doing well at all is always going to be it being based primarily on name, and the potential "we'll pay you to say good stuff about games on the system" bit Microsoft's doing lately, and on people wanting to be hyped for it, despite the game being incomplete.

But speaking of The Fray though...when IS it on tomorrow anyway?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
My thoughts on KI3 doing well at all is always going to be it being based primarily on name, and the potential "we'll pay you to say good stuff about games on the system" bit Microsoft's doing lately, and on people wanting to be hyped for it, despite the game being incomplete.

But speaking of The Fray though...when IS it on tomorrow anyway?
It's gonna be on at 7 P.M Pacific time.

Also tweeted this a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/429334391551434753

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So what's the word on UNiB, is there any hope for a PS3 port?

Because I still want it. :(

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Dengeki better be good. :|

Wait, that game is out next month right? Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.
And then hopefully we hear something about UNiB PS3.
PC would be fine too I guess.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sucks about Double Helix being bought out by Amazon. KI fans don't really know the future of the game now.

Anyway, I'm thinking about picking up VF5 after SCR. To what extent, I have no idea. Sounds like a fun challenge.
Dengeki better be good. :|

Wait, that game is out next month right? Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.
And then hopefully we hear something about UNiB PS3.
PC would be fine too I guess.
Their scheduled stream of news was delayed. They haven't given a new date, but there's a possibility that stream will give some port news or an update.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm having high hopes for Dengeki.
Right now Misaka and Touma look too awfully good.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
And now my personal top 5 most anticipated this year:
5. Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
4.Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
3.Ultra Street Fighter 4
2.League of Fighters
1.Smash 4

My honorable mentions go to Death Cargo( interesting, but maybe to gory for me), Tekken x Street Fighter( which is apparently in dev hell) and EF-12( or rather what people will make with it.)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My top 5:

1. Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign
  2. Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign
  3. Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign
  4. Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign
  5. Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign
Did I mention that I'm really hyped for Guilty Gear? 'Cause I am.

Smooth Criminal

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Sucks about Double Helix being bought out by Amazon. KI fans don't really know the future of the game now.

Anyway, I'm thinking about picking up VF5 after SCR. To what extent, I have no idea. Sounds like a fun challenge.

Their scheduled stream of news was delayed. They haven't given a new date, but there's a possibility that stream will give some port news or an update.
YES YES YES YES YES YES.

Also the EVO announcement on Iplaywinner's Twitch show called The Fray around 7 PST. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm sure I've asked this before Minato, but out of curiousity, what appeals to you about VF5, that doesn't with say...SCV, TTT2, or DOA5U?
I've actually played those other games already, but very little of it, so I thought I should try learning VF for once. Another reason is because I think it'll help me get better as a player if I learn that game. Later on I can branch out to Tekken (which I used to play) again or something.

After SCR, I'll pretty much be done with BB until possibly the May patch. I don't even know how much I'll be playing BB after that because of a variety of reasons.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
After SCR, I'll pretty much be done with BB until possibly the May patch. I don't even know how much I'll be playing BB after that because of a variety of reasons.
Well damn, it's just going to be me and Aisight/Zankoku on netplay now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well damn, it's just going to be me and Aisight/Zankoku on netplay now.
I'll always play if I see people post or on PSN. I just don't think I'll be actively learning new stuff for current BBCP.

Plus I want to get into Gundam a bit more since that game has a lot of stuff to get used to.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Plus I want to get into Gundam a bit more since that game has a lot of stuff to get used to.
How's Gundam's netcode?

I don't have the money for it now, but I'm still interested in how well it plays online, and how active is the NA community?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How's Gundam's netcode?

I don't have the money for it now, but I'm still interested in how well it plays online, and how active is the NA community?
I don't feel any lag with my friend in Japan. Had other Japanese people enter the lobby and it pretty much felt like local play.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wow. I wonder if they use something like GGPO.

Regardless, that's great news for a game that's not going to leave Japan.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Gundam's netcode is somewhat comparable to GGPO, yes. As far as the concept of not playing the "everybody must be perfectly synched" game and instead just fact-checking past events client-side goes, anyway.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Injustice been announced.

EDIT 1: KOF13 been announced.

EDIT 2: Killer Instincts on Xbone is announced.

EDIT 3: BBCP has been annouced

EDIT 4: SSBM would of been at EVO but Nintendo being Nintendo.

Edit 5: The final list is USF4, UMVC3, IGAU, KOF13, KI, BBCP, AND SSBM has a Limbo spot because of Nintendo.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
It sounds more like they are trying to make sure they get the OK from Nintendo beforehand so the issues from last year don't happen again.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I cant blame them on that actually but that and the lack of 3d games at EVO is pissing alot of people off.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
BB's best game(hoping Arcsys doesn't drop the ball on that patch) and KoF XIII? I'm looking forward to watching this Evo.

Also interested in what happens with Smash.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm still going to EVO regardless. I totally lucked out today and got a sweet car for really, really cheap, so I'm going to start saving for all the expenses associated with the trip to Vegas.

I can't wait to crush scrubs like Minato at fightan games.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
*sigh* people already crying why isn't such and such game in
And this is why I tell people this time of year is the dreamkiller and the hopebringer of scenes that isn't Capcom. Sometimes a little too much.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And this is why I tell people this time of year is the dreamkiller and the hopebringer of scenes that isn't Capcom. Sometimes a little too much.
Yeah. I think it's somewhat justified for those that plan to go. I'm mostly bugged by people that don't enter and cry about something not being in just because they want to watch it.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Perhaps though. Man sometimes I think Evo has a little too much power but what do I know. Just keep on playing your games and support your scenes.

Top Bottom