• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Atlus8

Smash Master
Went out today and Pre-Ordered KOFXIII! Maybe being Mexican is gonna give me some natural talent for this series! I have only played KOF95 over a decade ago, but the disc was so scratch I couldn't enjoy it much!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
iplaywinner's hours of cvs2 replays are amazing
I know right I eyes cried in joy when some of the players at the South Town arcade was busting out some Athena, Rock, Geese, Nakoruru and Joe beating characters with them and speaking of which here are the links to the matches however they are mad long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fLMMws7gQNw#t=1s - part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n_LnX3jd-E&feature=channel_video_title - part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gle0PGK3oo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL - part 3

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Did you ever play Jeffs Blanka in HF?
No, I never got to play Jeff, the only one player that I've ever gotten a chance to see play from the Golden Era was Mike Watson way back in 1994. My problem was that I lived in the Mid-West at the time of the Golden Era and was only in my early teens so it was super difficult to get play outside, and although I had good competition there (To be honest, their was good competition almost everywhere in the States, its just that Southern Cali had the best competition in the US for SFII at that time).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I would ask Mike Watson to a game in HF, but I'd probably be too nervous to even ask. lol

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Went out today and Pre-Ordered KOFXIII! Maybe being Mexican is gonna give me some natural talent for this series! I have only played KOF95 over a decade ago, but the disc was so scratch I couldn't enjoy it much!
I'm gonna find out myself as well eventually.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Mike's CE Guile inspired me sooooo much. I would love to see him in his prime.
I believe you're probably talking about Tomo then because Mike never really played Guile as a main character. Back in CE, Mike played 99.9% of the time as Dictator, and this is testament from Mike ranking in the Top-3 at the time using Dictator, Jeff also states Mike using Dictator in CE as well, and more importantly Mike said it himself at srk.com "Back in CE, I would use Dictator vs Tomo's Ryu and in 100 matches would lose 80-20 against him."

So if my memory serves me correctly, in WW, Mike played Ryu, in CE he played Dictator (Most broken SFII character of all time), and in HF he played mainly Ryu as well.

Btw, for everyone as well. Some information from the past that really interested me. Jeff said that back during CE/HF, the only person to dominate with Guile was Tomo, and this is because back then the Best Ryu players could counter Guile's best poke (c.mk) on reaction, which made playing Guile competitively extremely difficult because you were afraid to throw out your best poke.

That's why Tomo is the only Guile player within the Top-5 during CE and HF. That's pretty crazy considering in CE, Guile is an absolute monster, and although he dropped slightly in HF, he was still Top-3 Tier wise in HF, so Jeff statement in itself is pretty amazing. The Ryu players of that time must've been pretty ridiculous to basically eliminate Guile from winning tournies unless you were Tomo.

I would ask Mike Watson to a game in HF, but I'd probably be too nervous to even ask. lol
I would ask him to a match, but then would get massacred for free. I couldn't even beat the best SFII players locally, so my chances against one of the Best SFII players of the Golden Era would be .1%.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I believe you're probably talking about Tomo then because Mike never really played Guile as a main character. Back in CE, Mike played 99.9% of the time as Dictator, and this is testament from Mike ranking in the Top-3 at the time using Dictator, Jeff also states Mike using Dictator in CE as well, and more importantly Mike said it himself at srk.com "Back in CE, I would use Dictator vs Tomo's Ryu and in 100 matches would lose 80-20 against him."
Yeah, I don't think Watson ever used Guile seriously as a main. I think Twist brought it up since I think I do recall Watson playing CE Guile at Evo or something (on Hyper Street FIghter II).
I would ask him to a match, but then would get massacred for free. I couldn't even beat the best SFII players locally, so my chances against one of the Best SFII players of the Golden Era would be .1%.
Eventually I might try to ask him to play a set with me. I'd rather practice first though.
Especially since I haven't played SF on happ parts in awhile.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Awww awesome~! Kof is coming up quick. I gotta admit, this is the first time i've been hyped for a fighting game in awhile. Like, not just hyped, but hungry to get good at it. It seems like a really solid fighting game, and I hope it gets reconized for how awesome it is~!

Althouuuugh. This is my first KOF fighitng game. **** is expected at first. :<

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Anyone have a link to the live stream for Today's Canada Cup?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I've been in the lab for MvC 2 after being disappointed by Marvel 3 (it's an ok game, not the one we should have gotten but it's all we're gonna get for a long time) and found that Marrow is actually a pretty good character.

Pretty good if you want to lose, but she does it better than most other people in the game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was at a tournament the other day and they had UMvC3, but the guy who got the game was a douche and wouldn't get off and let people play in Training Mode. I really wanted to try out Rocket Raccoon and the new Tron.

No big deal because I don't plan on really trying to play it until after the semester is over. I'll be playing Zelda instead.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what are we expecting
pretty sure you know how to answer that question yourself!

ahhahah.

what i'm saying is

after all the coverage we've gotten of the game, and developed our own opinions about it, and the new characters...

i don't think any of us will be surprised by what it actually feels like. all the changes and adds are very much how they are described by the official change logs.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, i do. but the thing is, i loved regular mvc3 as well. so i only like this game even more because it's bigger and the devs made attempts at improving and balancing.

it's still an mvc game so people are gonna find mad cheap stuff for sure, but i don't mind.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Might as well since she's never coming back.:troll:

I made myself sad.

Top Bottom