• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So what other games got wavedashing in them besides melee and MVC3 just curious?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tekken considering it's where the term came from, but I don't know if it's still in.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If anything, execution might been lightened up and that's about it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's not really news though.

They've been saying that for ages.

Not saying that it's not exciting, but something definitive would be nice. :I

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
So i just found out about this game called Wonderful World http://poverty.mizuumi.net/wiki/Wonderful_World
It's another one of those anime type fighting games like Guilty Gear. I just started playing it tonight. It has online play, but I couldn't find any matches; I could have been doing it wrong though. It's worth checking out, it seems like it could be pretty good and it's still in development right now. It runs on FM2nd.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I can't really get into Vanguard Princess either.

I could get into Melty Blood, but I would have no one to play it with. That game really needs a next-gen release. ;-;

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I would drop everything for a next-gen Melty release. At least Melty isn't dead even with UNIB in development.

Thino

Smash Master
even though I never played Melty yet Im a really big fan of this game, watching vids of it all the time on japanese channels and meltybread on YT when they upload some

cant wait till that franchise gets release on a console with online , I'd get it

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Melty Blood's fun. But it's feeling a little stale at the moment since they haven't ported the latest one yet.
Even if Current Code is just balance changes, it kills the fun on practicing regular MBAA.

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
I was able to play online for a few rounds against an experienced player. I'm really unfamiliar with all other fighting games besides Smash, so it was weird at first. I pretty much just got comboed when I messed up or pressured into the corner and put into a combo. So I went into training mode after and tried to figure out some simple combos.I have this habit of pressing the directional keys a lot thinking I'll SDI out of the combo or something lol. I did know at least enough about my character to understand where I should be spaced to do certain things, so I was able to keep the pressure off and stay out of the corner a couple matches for a bit. I'm going to have to put some work into learning combos, pressure tactics, and zoning/spacing.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Not sure if I'm liking powered ciel. I hardly saw any kind of creativity in her play. It's all land a hit, knockdown, laser, mixup. Completely safe DPs and oki that's practically a guessing game or needs meter to get out. Her normals are also pretty long ranged.

I guess it's just from being the first day it's being played but I hope they do something about this straight forward style of play. Is there any footage of F or H PCiel?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Not sure if I'm liking powered ciel. I hardly saw any kind of creativity in her play. It's all land a hit, knockdown, laser, mixup. Completely safe DPs and oki that's practically a guessing game or needs meter to get out. Her normals are also pretty long ranged.

I guess it's just from being the first day it's being played but I hope they do something about this straight forward style of play. Is there any footage of F or H PCiel?
Yeah, Powered Ciel looks too one-dimensional and good. It's a shame since I kinda wanted to use her.
I haven't seen any of her other moons yet.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
OR (hype)

Melty Blood HD.

>_> <_<

But yeah, just a new character for now (+ some other changes).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I thought he was just being salty for the sake of being salty at first, but...

Damn. That was some seriously ****ed up ****. Mad respect for Tom Brady.

Smooth Criminal

kr3wman

Smash Master
of course you did, considering I'm the one that made it and put it there in the first place.

silly.

I have no idea how it exploded like that tho.

Top Bottom