• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
So how many good offensive teams are there without Magneto?
how about sent teams or strider doom sent? What about Team z? Or iron man and cykes teams? Name a good defensive team without cable. Wtf is wrong with you guys? Youre acting like youve never played marvel before.

and btw guys just because a game has a defensive character does not mean the game is defensive. ex demitri in vs.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Santhrax and Matrix.

Sentinel? The giant robot with a ****ton of health who spends all his time flying and zoning after you bring him in with a DHC and set up an unblockable? That Sentinel? An aggressive character? Are you playing the same game? Oh, and doing stomp blockstrings to get chip damage really isn't the same as being aggressive. That's like saying running away to build meter is the same as footsies.

Clockw0rk is more of a trap team than anything else. I guess it can be considered aggressive though.

When was the last time an Iron Man team did well? Or Team Z for that matter?

Honestly, I think offensive and defensive strategies are both viable in Marvel, it's just that offense has more variety and tools to work with.

kr3wman

Smash Master
if you say HnK has defensive bull**** then clearly we're not playing the same game.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
see this is the problem. this team can be played defensively but it can also be played offensivly so which is it.
and Matrix.
just because this team has capcom doesnt mean its defensive. magz kinda overrides that.
Sentinel? The giant robot with a ****ton of health who spends all his time flying and zoning after you bring him in with a DHC and set up an unblockable? That Sentinel? An aggressive character? Are you playing the same game? Oh, and doing stomp blockstrings to get chip damage really isn't the same as being aggressive. That's like saying running away to build meter is the same as footsies.
Yes that sent. come on dude. dont lie. you KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SENT IS LIKE STORM by that i mean he can do it all. hes not all defense.
Clockw0rk is more of a trap team than anything else. I guess it can be considered aggressive though.
yeah its a trap team. but theyre in your face constantly. i mean theyre trappin but theyre very agressive with it.
When was the last time an Iron Man team did well? Or Team Z for that matter?
Combifiend used to be pretty good with im. >_>

Honestly, I think offensive and defensive strategies are both viable in Marvel, it's just that offense has more variety and tools to work with.
i agree. and sorry for the sloppy *** post. doing posts like this is really frickin hard on a phone.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
if you say HnK has defensive bull**** then clearly we're not playing the same game.
HnK? Defensive? This is the game based on the anime where every fight ended in someone's head exploding and it was made by the creators of Guilty Gear. Nobody expects this game to be defensive.

see this is the problem. this team can be played defensively but it can also be played offensivly so which is it.

just because this team has capcom doesnt mean its defensive. magz kinda overrides that.
...uhh, I think you're mixing up your teams. Matrix is Storm/Sent/Cyclops. Santhrax is Storm/Sent/CapCom.

Both teams can be played offensively, but they have more defense-oriented elements than a lot of other teams, especially Santhrax. Having CapCom on your team doesn't make it defensive the same way that having Cable on your team doesn't make it defensive (ex. Team Row, Magneto/Sentinel/Cable, which looks like a time paradox on paper). However, it does give your team the ability to play more defensively than most other teams. It really comes down to the player.

Yes that sent. come on dude. dont lie. you KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SENT IS LIKE STORM by that i mean he can do it all. hes not all defense.
I don't think any character in the game is all defense (except Cable and Spiral, and even then Spiral's not that bad without knives and Cable has AHVB*x where x is how much meter you have). Sentinel is definitely more defensive than Storm though, to say the least.

yeah its a trap team. but theyre in your face constantly. i mean theyre trappin but theyre very agressive with it.
Ehh, I guess so, but I still wouldn't consider it along the same veins as MSP or MSS.

Combifiend used to be pretty good with im. >_>
What happened to him? I seriously haven't seen anything Combofiend that's Marvel-related recently (saw a few SSFIV matches though, but that's not remotely the same).

I think the best way to put it would be to have a sliding scale of most aggressive to most defensive that ranked all the common MvC2 teams that way.

Rough example:

Code:
Most Aggressive...MSP.........Combofiend...Most Magneto Teams
/\................MSS.........MST..........Most Iron Man Teams
|.................Clockw0rk...Row..........Team Z
Balanced..........Matrix......SSP..........Any Storm/Sentinel teams not mentioned
|.................Santhrax....Watts 2.0....Cable/Storm/Doom
\/................Cody........Watts 1.0....Blackheart/Cable/Doom
Most Defensive....Scrub.......Duc..........Most Cable/Sentinel teams with defensive assists

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, Matrix is Storm/Sent/Cyke. Storm is Trinity, Sentinel is the robots who control the world, Cyclops is Neo and he can see the code with his eye beams.

MSCapCom would be an interesting team though, but it wouldn't be nearly as good as having a DP-like assist.

andywily889

Smash Rookie
I start playing. this was for me. At the time I picked up Monster Hunter Tri though,and have gained respect for weapons. (Sword is my favorite). Still, going back to my roots , I love Speed. It's probably why Tyranitar is my favorite Pokemon, as he is one of the faster strong bulky Pokemon Going back to Melee, I picked up Mewtwo and couldn't handle him. It wasn't because he sucks so much as I can't handle slow sluggish things. So I moved to Sheik a bit, then realized, "holy crap Marth is fun" I also did some research and realized Marth is a pretty cool character in the games he is in as well. So began to main Marth in Melee, and Brawl, as of recently. I like the guy.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I forgot you play pokemon. Hows the new gen? IIm thinkin about playin again but i ****in hate math and pokemon takes a lot of **** math.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Pokemon's really not that much math. If you need to know something specific you can just plug in the damage calculators.

Gen V is really weird. They changed a ton from Gen IV. A lot of people like it though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I start playing. this was for me. At the time I picked up Monster Hunter Tri though,and have gained respect for weapons. (Sword is my favorite). Still, going back to my roots , I love Speed. It's probably why Tyranitar is my favorite Pokemon, as he is one of the faster strong bulky Pokemon Going back to Melee, I picked up Mewtwo and couldn't handle him. It wasn't because he sucks so much as I can't handle slow sluggish things. So I moved to Sheik a bit, then realized, "holy crap Marth is fun" I also did some research and realized Marth is a pretty cool character in the games he is in as well. So began to main Marth in Melee, and Brawl, as of recently. I like the guy.
>_> I didn't type that. What the hell. I mean I did a while back, but that is not word for word nor me.

@ Gates: I mean yes he is slow, but he isn't Bronzong slow.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, it's Thanksgiving weekend. It shouldn't be too much of a surprise to see this place empty.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Thanksgiving, more like Yanksgiving. :D

I'm going to a fight night tonight. The local gamestore that hosts our tourneys is trying some scene-building shenanigans, so we're having SSFIV, Tekken 6, BBCS, and GGAC+.

It's gonna be pretty awesome. :3c

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thanksgiving, more like Yanksgiving. :D

I'm going to a fight night tonight. The local gamestore that hosts our tourneys is trying some scene-building shenanigans, so we're having SSFIV, Tekken 6, BBCS, and GGAC+.

It's gonna be pretty awesome. :3c
Awesome. Good luck at that tourney and go take first.

I bought Tekken 6 on Amazon since it was only 10.99. I always wanted to get it, but I didn't have a lot of cash to spend.
I
couldn't pass on such a good deal. I can't wait to play it since it's been awhile since I've played Tekken.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, thanks, though it's not really a tourney. I'll see if I can take first anyway. :3c

It's more like a casual get-together, for new people and regular attendees. Give all the scenes a chance to mingle in one place. There are a couple of scenes that we're trying to build, especially the Tekken scene. The guys that run it don't really have a lot of regulars yet.

Yeah, I think I paid like $15 for my copy of Tekken 6, but I don't really play it. It's a weird game.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
But seriously,
America, more like Canada's pants.
Canada doesn't have warm sandy beaches and you know it. Every body of water in Canada will immediately freeze testes on contact.

Canadian beer is better than American beer, but beer in general sucks. It's like the mid/low/bottom tier liquor that people only use because it's easy to get. Like Ken in every SF game besides 3S.

Hockey is the greatest sport ever. Too bad Canada's national sport is lacrosse. And the Eastern Europeans are better than you (and America) at hockey anyway.

IDGAF about spelling.

Where's Mexico in all this?
If Mexico is so much better than America, how come millions* of Mexicans try to cross the border every year? It's like the old joke:

Q: Why does Mexico do so poorly in the Olympics?
A: Because everyone who can run, swim, and jump is already in America.

*I don't know the actual statistic.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Mexico is so much better than America, how come millions* of Mexicans try to cross the border every year? It's like the old joke:

Q: Why does Mexico do so poorly in the Olympics?
A: Because everyone who can run, swim, and jump is already in America.

*I don't know the actual statistic.
I never said Mexico was better. Although I do joke that America and Canada are Mexico's really elaborate sombrero.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Canada doesn't have warm sandy beaches and you know it. Every body of water in Canada will immediately freeze testes on contact.
lol yes there are.

Hockey is the greatest sport ever. Too bad Canada's national sport is lacrosse.
lol no. It's Canada's national summer sport

And the Eastern Europeans are better than you (and America) at hockey anyway.
lol no.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Did yall get infracted too? Or was it just me? (which would be gay as ****)
Which part of "get back on topic" did you not understand?

And to answer your question, you weren't the only one infracted for going off-topic in this thread.

Please continue discussing about your favourite fighting game.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
damn son. Yall need to play some jojos. Exclude petshop from your memory tho. I think i seen bbc beat a petshop but thats because hes amazing at jjba. I play iggy. Hes a ****ing dog that fights with sand.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Does anyone have any personal experience with the Madcatz TE fight sticks? Any opinions would be much appreciated
I own two. :3c

They're a top-quality stick. I like them better than HRAPs, but that's just personal preference, because both are good quality. If you're looking to invest in a good stick, I say go for it.

kr3wman

Smash Master
country ****-talking is perfectly on-topic for fighting games discussion.

JJBA is mad good.

Top Bottom