• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
omg japan won lol

that was unexpected

italy has got this but its gonna be hard

strawhats

Smash Master
**** Dunga for not putting Ronaldhino (possibly the greatest soccer player ever besides Pele and Maradona), and Adriano on the 23 man roster. I understand Ronaldo as he has weight problems but come on man these guys are ****ing legends who have helped Brazil win over the years. Ronaldhino Gaucho can pretty much decide a World Cup. (he taught Messi most of the **** he knows today back when they played together)

P.S. at least he wasnt a complete ******* and kept Kaka.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
gooooooooolll

yesssssssssssssssss

we got ourselves a real match

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
**** Dunga for not putting Ronaldhino (possibly the greatest soccer player ever besides Pele and Maradona), and Adriano on the 23 man roster. I understand Ronaldo as he has weight problems but come on man these guys are ****ing legends who have helped Brazil win over the years. Ronaldhino Gaucho can pretty much decide a World Cup. (he taught Messi most of the **** he knows today back when they played together)

P.S. at least he wasnt a complete ******* and kept Kaka.
yeah i totally agree on dunga being prolly the worst brazil coach in history

everybody who's expecting brazil to play any offense @ this world cup, they should better think again

ronaldinho might be there, idk about adriano though. what's for sure is he's going nuts not putting PATO and DIEGO on the list.
kaka is pretty much the only fantasist aside of robinho in their team, and the last one is doubtful to play much (dunga style)
so yeah, you better put your minds on spain and germany if you want to see some football this year

however, messi plays very different from ronaldinho, that's a misunderstanding. the fact that messi grown as a player while ronaldinho was barça's leader doesn't mean anything. i would describe messi as less fantasistand more efficient.

anyway: todays results were pretty unpredictable in my opinion, i got only 1 point

i expected netherlands to score more but denmark was tougher than i thought
japan beating cameroon was a surprise for me, even though their goal was a bit lucky
if only italy had scored a second goal i would have taken the exact result there, but that draw gives me nothing at all ^^'

Dax

Smash Journeyman
I don't play the guess-game because there are too many nations that I don't know, especially like serbian\algerian\etc but if someone checked on fifa.com they would have discovered that Japan has never take a single goal from Cameroon, (other than never losing) and won two times on three in precedent matches, one in the confederation cup.
Still not sure if they can beat Denmark :\ it will be hard, also depends on what cameroon and denmark do

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
If Denmark, Cameroon and Italy had all scored one more goal today, I would have gotten everything dead on! Sadly, I only got one point today!:(
yeah that happens a lot, argentina scoring one more would have made many people happy too XD

oh and gheb: ronaldinho can decide a world cup game, that is true.
there are few players who can make the difference right now in the brazilian squad. if ronaldinho wasn't on the list because there were many better players than him, then fine. but that isn't the case we're on right now.
even kaka did a worse season than ronnie this year, so in terms of efficiency i would even put him in his place.

and i don't think ronnie is the best after pele and maradona, because that's messi.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
the thing for japan was they never have won outside their country lol

so much was against them but they did it

i also thought cameroon was gonna do really well against them

but i was rooting for japan

huge surprise to see them win

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
quick thoughts on cameroon vs japan:

I was expecting cameroon to win because they have better individuals, but japan did a great defensive job and cameroon had few opportunities to reach their area even though they had control of the game.
japan's goal was a huge defensive fail and japan kept the advantage. the end.

i was surprised on how well that honda guy was playing, he's pretty good

Frames

DI
yooooo 10 est ivory coast vs portugal!! imo this is the key match for group g...even with brazil's "new" style this cup there's no doubt they will get 1st in this pool...and come on north korea...lmao...anyways so this match is gonna be it...im hyped! lol

and of course 2:30 est brazil vs north korea...word...

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
yooooo 7:30 est ivory coast vs portugal!! imo this is the key match for group g...even with brazil's "new" style this cup there's no doubt they will get 1st in this pool...and come on north korea...lmao...anyways so this match is gonna be it...im hyped! lol
I thought Portugal-Ivory Coast was at 10:00 EST. Slovakia-New Zealand is at 7:30 EST.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
So I haven't had a chance to say

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

to Australia's game...

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Netherlands' got this. Mexico is placing top 8... hopefully.

Japan squeezed by Cameroon who IMO played a better game than Japan but didn't score which is a tough break. That pool just got interesting since I expected Cameroon to **** the Japanese.

Dutch own goal was lulz. Netherlands won fairly with two goals and did a good job outplaying Denmark.

Italy and Paraguay played a good game. Lots of defense and some nice goals out of corners.

Brazil is ****** N. Korea tomorrow. 5-0 sounds doable even though it will probably end at 2-0 Brazil. Portugal and Ivory Coast is going to be entertaining and no one really gives a **** about NZ and Slovwhatever. XD

EDIT: Oi Atlus! How can I get in the results thing for the upcoming round?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Brazil won't **** Korea.

I don't see why people even bother hyping Brazil this year. They're a complete shadow of the 1998/2002 side.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
True that, too much new blood in the Brazilian team. You never know though.

Paraguay should of had that game, poor keeping job cost them the game.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
So I haven't had a chance to say

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

to Australia's game...

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
I'm Australian and I was glad to see Australia get smashed.

The Australian footballing community is bunch of immature sore losers, the reactions to Grosso in 2006 and to Ballack's comments on Kewell (which were more of a compliment than insult) evidence that.

We talk about how good we did last time, we only won one game of four, and the only reason why went through is because the Japanese goalkeeper saved a penalty against Croatia, keeping it nil all. Had that been scored we would have been kicked out and everyone would be calling it a failure.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Vuvuzelas have single handedly increased foreigners' racism by 250%

Ironic being that it's the foreigners buying them as a souvenir blaring them as loud as they can without knowing how to play after a few to many, but whatever.

Top Bottom