• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Dear god, Robert Green will be the most despised man in London tomorrow. I feel that a cardboard cut of of Robert green is a better goalkeeper than the real Robert Green. I mean honestly, at least the ball would of bounced off of the cardboard, while Green just sucked. As for the rest of the tourament, allez les bleus!

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I haven't seen the games as I am hosting a smashfest at my place, but here's an update on the forecast contest.

While most people managed to score points on the two first games (especially Argentina - Nigeria), the draw between USA and England was quite a surprise, allowing those who found the correct result to make a significant jump forward in the ranking.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I thought I was participating in this.

Nevermind, I remembered the deadline for yesterday
I haven't received your results on my spreadsheet. Did you fill the forms ? (see http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10484154&postcount=69)

Edit : I just saw you only filled the form for the 2nd day of pool games. You can still fill the first one, you just won't get any points for the games that already happened).

Edit 2 : I also added the forecasts you gave in one of your previous posts.

I'm doing pretty badly in this LOL.

But it's OK, I did it in like 5 minutes.
No johns :p
(and more importantly, that doesn't really matter)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lol at America substituting in the last 10 second of stoppage time.

England, I expected better. Same goes for Argentina.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
LOL

****ing green

well i'm american and that was the ugliest goal i've seen but i'll take it

there were so many opportunities for england to untie

usa seemed to have been shaken from the early goal and didn't come together until they had that free morale boost

also they need to actually communicate, there were so many times were they could have passed but instead opted to shoot

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
i was the leader till yesterday! nice..

i also did that in 5 mins., i don't think anybody has taken more than that, it's just for fun

usa vs eng 1-1, glad i saw that coming, most people were expecting england but usa is def. a tough team

i did pretty bad today btw, algeria got beaten by slovenija so no points at all

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Good win for Slovenia, poor goalkeeping again.

Come on Ghana.

Finally entered the prediction thing, I have a feeling none of my predictions will come true lol. How can we check outour predictions lol I forgot what I put.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol Pluvia, only the best part of a month left for you to endure. You're from Scotland right? Understandable you've had enough of English moaning.

Germany are just ruthless.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
The Netherlands beat Ghana 6-1 like a week ago. Tomorrow The Netherlands vs Denmark. Denmark did better than Portugal, so I'm excited.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I didn't think Australia were terrible, it's just that Germany are fantastic as a unit.

Australia have Brett Emerton though LOL what a legend he should've had man of the match for his epicness.

No Harry Kewell. ;__;

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Yeah for Germany ! It was finally great to see an really offensive squad. Hopefully, the Netherlands and Denmark will give us a similar show tomorrow =)

Here's an update for the prediction contest :

Only a few people managed to score points on today's two first games, but almost everyone won a point thanks to Germany's victory. No one guessed the accurate result, though.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Germany had a great showing against Australia, but historically speaking, no European team has ever won a World Cup held outside of Europe. Spain is looking strong though, as well as Brazil among others.

As far as tomorrow's match, I'm all for the Dutchies.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Hahahahah 4-0, even I didn't expect Australia too lose that badly. Was hoping for a draw.

****ing biased bull**** referee, that red card on Tim Cahill was uncalled for.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God after today's match against Germany, I've come to the conclusion that the Aussies suck at soccer :laugh:

I don't know why they didn't put Kangaroos on their team, I bet you that they could've kicked the ball so hard that they would've knocked down the German's goalie. I can see it now "Kangaroo Jack Plays Soccer"

It'll be a box office hit I assure you :p

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
On first thought it was never a red. Looking at it again, yeah it was late and from behind although studs weren't showing. A case can be made for the red.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
uh no i'm all for hating on refs but the red card was legit, tackle from behind = auto red
Nah iunno he was slightly late and you could see Cahill retracted his legs and put no studs into the tackle.

That's way more yellow material.

There was another far more vicious tackle (can't remember who by) and he got **** all.

So I'm thinking that Referee Zorro was being a bit overzealous with that card.

Maaaan...

Brett Emerton is such a G

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Brett Emerton had bright shiny shoes, because he's a G.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i heard complaints about the new ball and its control

but that usually happens

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I heard it was the grass/synthetic weave that was the problem.

And those ****ing vuvuzelas omg.

Sounds like the flies circling the rotting corpse of a gazelle. Bloody Africans.

Frames

DI
yea those ****in vuvuzelas...

people are making johns about the ball but they do every cup...although i will say i do see a lot of weird **** this cup and maybe it is the jabulani ball...keepers are hatingg on it for sure

Top Bottom