• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Haha true, Australia su'ks at Soccer. :( All flukes, nothing spectacular.

But still, that match against Japan back in 2006, still gets me so hyped. 3 goals in the last 10 minutes.

It's Germany, what did Australia think would happen...

Spain better be amazing!! :mad:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Australian fans have a right to be arrogant.

Brett Emerton is the biggest G in football.

Mota

I'm obviously missing something here :p

What's with the plethora of Brett Emerton love Teran?

Mota

**** these Vuvuzelas lol, seems to be getting worse.
Dads getting pissed haha, imagine the BZZZ on surround sound lol.

New Zealand vs Slavakia was LOL, last minute of stoppage time NZL somehow get a goal!!! HAhahahaha such bs.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Credit to NZ, punching way above their weight, but I hate them because they ruined my predictions.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Watch North Korea **** and tear this cup apart.
:laugh: loool I would love to see that, it would be mad funny.
Today I was rooting for New Zealand infact :embarrass and I'm happy that they managed to get a draw.
Oh, and the reason in general is that I am happy when small teams destroy those dumb predictions\bet stuffs :D

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol

Ronaldo needs to be careful. Might get challenged and booked for diving even if it's not.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
Haha true, Australia su'ks at Soccer. :( All flukes, nothing spectacular.

But still, that match against Japan back in 2006, still gets me so hyped. 3 goals in the last 10 minutes.

It's Germany, what did Australia think would happen...

Spain better be amazing!! :mad:
spain will play better than whatever you have seen before in this world cup, except for germany maybe

i'm not sure if we will score that much but we will keep control of the game and play offensive all the time, that's for sure

TheMike

Smash Lord
Brazil! Brazil! Brazil!

Yeah, boy. It's time to start the celebration for the sixth time. =]

Jane

Smash Hero
I dont know why, ...but im like, rooting for north korea xD. Also i love how their uniforms just scream communism

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Korea played a pretty good half. Their defense was strong and prevented the "play-makers" from scoring goals. The Brazilians would have been more effective if they spread out instead of just bunching in the center. Personally, I would want to see the 105th ranked team beat the 1st.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I'm a big Brazil fan, but this is just unforgivably awful. Brazil are playing like a bunch of amateurs. I suppose their performance would be impressive for a more average team, but for number one ranked Brazil? They are so sloppy I'm having trouble watching the game.

It is absolutely ridiculous that Ronaldinho (my all time favorite player), Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, and others are not on the starting line-up of the World Cup squad. At least Dunga had the sense to keep Kaka, Robinho, and Nilmar.

Seriously though, this is not at all what I've come to expect from Brazil. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy, with a good moment here and there, has characterized the first half of the game so far.

I am impressed by North Korea, though, surprisingly.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
brazil is playing so bad right now lol

let's see if n korea can keep up their defense

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
My, PKR scored a beautiful late goal. I feel if Jong Tae-Se didn't take so many crap shots, Korea would have a good chance to draw against a poor preforming Brazil.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Looks like Brazil got into a groove in the second half, not playing that well but playing better for sure.

And yeah, NK had a lot of wasted opportunities but that late goal was impressive.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i missed that last goal since my mom made me go serve my self lunch :(

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
What do you expect Brazil to do when N Korea were defending so deep? You can't expect Brazil to score a bucketload when they're playing with friggin 5 men at the back.

Portugal and Ivory Coast will struggle is N Korea are just as disciplined. Credit to them, they performed really well, they know if they open up Brazil will destroy them.

It is absolutely ridiculous that Ronaldinho (my all time favorite player), Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, and others are not on the starting line-up of the World Cup squad. At least Dunga had the sense to keep Kaka, Robinho, and Nilmar.
I'm sorry but Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos are no longer international level players and it's been that way for a long time. There's no room for sentiment, their time has come and gone.

All this criticism of Dunga but the team keep winning.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
that was already posted in this thread somewhere

i lold at nkoreas best player crying when he heard their anthem.. i understand, it was probably the most importnt day in his life

btw that guy is half south korean half japanese, half north korean XD

oh, and as I mentioned before, Brazil is sad.

@n9ne: no way. roberto carlos is OLD. ronaldinho is not, if you've watched the champions league and ac milan calcio games this year you would know he's been their best player this season. and ac milan has also Pato, who is way better than Luiz Fabiano imo, but that's another matter.

Dunga is such a bad coach. you can win with Brazil's squad even if you play bad football, because they have plenty of top players. but that doesn't mean you're a good coach.

watch spain tomorrow if you wanna see somethign entertaining. word.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
that's right, ronaldo is out of shape right now. however, they say he's been playing somewhere in brazil this year and he's not that fat anymore. maybe he could have been on the list as a reserve late game striker. just like palermo.

he's probably still deadly if he gets the ball inside the area

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Brazil did pretty good. Their defense was solid and they were good offensively considering the number of north koreans in front of the goal. Seemed as if NKs strategy was to jump in front of the shots made by brazil to see if they would bounce back far enough for the NK striker to make a goal.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
it was brazil vs north korea, idk what you guys expected north korea to do other than that

i'm sure most of you didn't watch barça vs inter champions league semifinals this year. THAT was gay

however, we are speaking about BRAZIL here. this team has tons of awesome players who can make the difference. if it wasn't for Dunga and his lame playing style, they could have scored 4 or 5 goals easily no matter how many koreans were in the area.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Inter were down to 10 men...at the Nou Camp...

Dunga does not have a ''lame playing style.' 'It's efficient and effective. He's made Brazil defensively solid and a threat from set pieces.

They didn't score 5 today because N Korea were efficient, defended well and defended in numbers. It had nothing to do with Dunga.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
yeah they were down to 10 men, who were inside their area. all of them. it has been the gayest defensive show-off I've ever get to see.
honestly, whoever wanted to see Inter get to the final doesn't deserve any respect from me.

on the point: dunga's style is lame.
playing defensively with BRAZIL's squad is like playing brawl instead of melee. you can do it, but honestly... it's kinda gay.
he should be north korea's coach and let somebody else take the job for brazil.

I really hope football is gonna payback on him and he's not gonna win this championship. brazil's fail this time is a win for all of us.
that way we could get to see real brazilian football next time, if dunga's fired.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Here's a update on the prediction contest :

[/QUOTE]

Dont pay attention to the gold, silver and bronze "medals" in the ranking, it doesn't say much because some people haven't made many predictions yet. It should become accurate after some time.
Don't forget to fill the form for the second round of games, because it starts tomorrow !

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Oh wow, I had not even noticed that North Korea was playing in World Cup 2010.

Needless to say, they were unfortunate to get Brazil in their group.

Top Bottom