• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
wut??????????????????????????????????????

frenchies?

lol??

*is confused*
If you use a different nickname towards me, I'll use a different nickname towards you. Easy, no?

Also... I severely miss Third Strike and my sexy Dudley. :( I was the best Dudley in my old hometown. Best TS player, too.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Lol yeah, Onishiba, Jenkins' didn't nickname you... Oni was the original Oni. And you were originally Spadefox, so yeah...

And LOL. Jenkins already posted a pic of her sis for those of you who completely ignored it.

And for those of you who haven't read the past 10 pages of this thread. Make some time, don't read other threads, cause it's just full of win.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright, the TL boards released their video for the bomb-canceled Dsmash (BCD - click here), and I'm not so scared of it anymore...

Fox can clearly make it back to the stage with a rising Fair, which they were failing to use when they said he was "doomed"

I have a few things to note, though:

1. This is still a viable way of setting Fox up fairly low... and since TL can edgeguard pretty well, it's definitely something to look out for.

2. You will be facing AWAY from the stage from this, so rising Fair by using the opposite aerial as normal (Alternatively, it seems you would have time to shine > turnaround fair as well, if you want...)

3. Whereas I thought TL would be easy to shield with this, he has a couple interesting setups for it from a ledge-hop in particular... so be quite careful around the ledge with this..

4. It will kill you on some parts of Delfino (as well as Pirate Ship and Japes, kinda) due to the crazy water mechanics, so I suggest that you make this (Delfino) stage your new TL ban... It's not a huge loss, as Fox doesn't do particular well there anyway..

Anyways, the main scare is over, but this is still something to keep in mind, since the TL Fox matchup is mostly even normally...

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Alright, the TL boards released their video for the bomb-canceled Dsmash (BCD - click here), and I'm not so scared of it anymore...

Fox can clearly make it back to the stage with a rising Fair, which they were failing to use when they said he was "doomed"

I have a few things to note, though:

1. This is still a viable way of setting Fox up fairly low... and since TL can edgeguard pretty well, it's definitely something to look out for.

2. You will be facing AWAY from the stage from this, so rising Fair by using the opposite aerial as normal

3. Whereas I thought TL would be easy to shield with this, he has a couple interesting setups for it from a ledge-hop in particular... so be quite careful around the ledge with this..

4. It will kill you on some parts of Delfino (as well as Pirate Ship and Japes, kinda) due to the crazy water mechanics, so I suggest that you make this (Delfino) stage your new TL ban... It's not a huge loss, as Fox doesn't do particular well there anyway..

Anyways, the main scare is over, but this is still something to keep in mind, since the TL Fox matchup is mostly even normally...
I think you can probebly even get away with a turn around shine into the regular Fair.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I think you can probebly even get away with a turn around shine into the regular Fair.
Yeah, that's true.. I went ahead and added it in my post...

generally, i don't think that's the best option because it doesn't do too much for you, in terms of recovery... the only reason to turn it around would be to cover your front, and I don't think TL can make it to you before the Fair would finish anyway... but hey, it's another option, so I added it. : )

Jenkins

Smash Lord
yeah fox can shine stall and fox copter and illusion cancel.

but i mean, i would be freaked out if i were that far off the stage lol

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Yeah I thought the TL tech would send you waaay down, considering a Fox user was contributing to this tech and I assumed he calculated ALL of Foxes recovery options.
A fox did? LMAO too good

Lightning, Imma let you finish, but Meta Knight has the best recovery of all time. Of all time!!

Sorry, this meme is getting old already isn't it XD
It cant get old its toooooooo gooods

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
lulz sam does have one of the best Foxes =3

Rook give me more videos of you to put in the video thread!

I need to take more notes.

lulzlzuzzzlzzulzuzlzuzlzzzullz~!~!~!~~~!~!!~!

Jenkins

Smash Lord
LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOLL

rookieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hahahahahahahahahahahaha

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
lulz sam does have one of the best Foxes =3

Rook give me more videos of you to put in the video thread!

I need to take more notes.

lulzlzuzzzlzzulzuzlzuzlzzzullz~!~!~!~~~!~!!~!
Kanye wasnt lying when he said Beyonce did also. Soooooooooo, yea............ :laugh:

LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOLL

rookieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hahahahahahahahahahahaha
YEAYUHZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Jenkins

Smash Lord
not to hype or anything, but oni has beaten sam's fox with zelda, peach, and 2 stocked his luigi with zelda

O_o?

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Jenkins ima let you finish, but you can't use a couple matches to determine the better player of ALL TIME.

Man, that is such a freaking sweet thing to pull out every once in a while. And the funny thing is, nobody lets anyone else finish.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
lulz, for the TL bomb cancel tech thing, that fox used kind of a meh recovery, he didn't even finish his second jump, nor did we see how firefox would work, nor the foxcopter jump.

I wouldn't be worried about it if you know what you're doing. :3

:3

M@v

Subarashii!
"Yo R00kie, I'm real happy for you and ima let you finish BUT Samboner has one of the best Fox's of ALL TIME" ~ Rykoshet

I JUST noticed this LMFAOOOOOOO

Top Bottom