• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fellow Mewtwos, what other characters do you use?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
(Oh, look, I copied the thread from the R.O.B. subforum over here. Ain't I just a crafty guy?)
I'm curious to see what other:4mewtwo:mains (or subs, doesn't really matter) use as far as characters. I've been maining:4rob:since Day 1 of the 3DS version and his zoning, disjoints, and throw game are pretty strong, just like Mewtwo's, so it was pretty easy to apply those skills I learned playing R.O.B. to learning Mewtwo. I also use:4bowserjr:and:4pacman:a lot because they're just phun as hell.
Apologies if this thread already exists somewhere around here, I didn't really look much.

Last edited:

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
I've been using :4ness: for as long as I can remember, I just recently gained interest in :4mewtwo: so I decided to pick him up as a secondary of sorts.

So now it's just :4mewtwo: :4ness: and :4pikachu:.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I use pretty much all the Pokemon characters except for Greninja. I tend to use heavies a lot as well.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
:4mario: My main ever since 64. Incredibly fluid moveset, and well-rounded close range fighter. Plus my absolute favorite videogame character.

:4ness: My other main ever since 64. Similar to Mario, but with better throws and aerials at the cost of other weaknesses.

:4peach: I love her aerial options due to floating, in particular. Plenty of mindgames to be had, although her defenses are a bit lacking.

:4yoshi: His mobility specs are perfect to me. Though I wish his Side B was a little bit better, and had a bit less endlag on some attacks. And I dislike his grab/throws.

:4wario2: Favorite heavyweight character, but only because he doesn't feel like one. Amazing special moves.

:4pacman: Although a bit on the slow side and lacking in easy KO options, he is one of the biggest trolls on the roster and I love him for that. And he's very versatile. I dislike his grab however.

:4megaman: Similar to Pac-Man, but with less trolling and more pew-pew. Also, favorite videogame character besides Mario and Mewtwo.

:4sonic: Although he needs some more nerfs IMO, it is fun to be the fastest character on the roster. Plenty of mindgame potential.

:4miibrawl: Mii Brawler is just awesome. Tons of mobility and power with very few weaknesses.

:4mewtwo:Although he lost weight since Melee and isn't nowhere near as good as his Project M variation, I honestly love this version of Mewtwo the best. He feels extremely fluid in this game, and I think Smash 4's engine just works for him the best. Despite having a lot of exploitable weaknesses, his strength and aerial mobility win me over. Not to mention, he is my favorite Pokemon, and my 3rd favorite videogame character besides Mario and Mega Man.

I tend to like versatile characters with a lot of mobility, especially in the air but also on the ground. Having fast attacks and good special moves also makes me like a character more, too. I also prefer characters that can do well in close quarters combat as opposed to being completely projectile-based, as well. (Also I like all of the iconic 3rd Party characters for some reason)

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I have mained :mewtwomelee:since melee together with :jigglypuffmelee::falconmelee: since day one I got it as a kid

brawl didnt have mewtwo so I skip talking about it

in Smash4, I have been maining:4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4shulk::4greninja: since day one there :4bowserjr:is my first main and :4jigglypuff::4shulk::4greninja:as secondaries.
now with :4mewtwo: I am trying my best to be good with him so I can have in with my mains!

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Metaknight for the stylish combos and trickyness. Toon Link because i like his combination of zoning and high mobility. also, boomerang and fire arrow trickery. Ganondorf because of power and style. Rosalina because her spacing is the closest to melee marth's and i hate sonic. As you can tell it's not enough for me to do well, it has to be done in style and with shenanigans.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I use :4falcon: because he is fast, combo heavy and all around just fun.
I use :4sonic: because I like pissing people off for similar reasons. Fast, and baiting people with him makes for fun times.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Along with mewtwo I main Zelda, and Rosalina, I'm learning a few others as well because I like to have secondaries

Crispy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
OatmeaiCrisp
3DS FC
3754-6658-5495
:4falcon: 90% of the time. :4sheik:for bad match ups with Falcon. MewTwo's just for kicks and giggles. :4mewtwo:

Crispy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
OatmeaiCrisp
3DS FC
3754-6658-5495
:4mario: My main ever since 64. Incredibly fluid moveset, and well-rounded close range fighter. Plus my absolute favorite videogame character.

:4ness: My other main ever since 64. Similar to Mario, but with better throws and aerials at the cost of other weaknesses.

:4peach: I love her aerial options due to floating, in particular. Plenty of mindgames to be had, although her defenses are a bit lacking.

:4yoshi: His mobility specs are perfect to me. Though I wish his Side B was a little bit better, and had a bit less endlag on some attacks. And I dislike his grab/throws.

:4wario2: Favorite heavyweight character, but only because he doesn't feel like one. Amazing special moves.

:4pacman: Although a bit on the slow side and lacking in easy KO options, he is one of the biggest trolls on the roster and I love him for that. And he's very versatile. I dislike his grab however.

:4megaman: Similar to Pac-Man, but with less trolling and more pew-pew. Also, favorite videogame character besides Mario and Mewtwo.

:4sonic: Although he needs some more nerfs IMO, it is fun to be the fastest character on the roster. Plenty of mindgame potential.

:4miibrawl: Mii Brawler is just awesome. Tons of mobility and power with very few weaknesses.

:4mewtwo:Although he lost weight since Melee and isn't nowhere near as good as his Project M variation, I honestly love this version of Mewtwo the best. He feels extremely fluid in this game, and I think Smash 4's engine just works for him the best. Despite having a lot of exploitable weaknesses, his strength and aerial mobility win me over. Not to mention, he is my favorite Pokemon, and my 3rd favorite videogame character besides Mario and Mega Man.

I tend to like versatile characters with a lot of mobility, especially in the air but also on the ground. Having fast attacks and good special moves also makes me like a character more, too. I also prefer characters that can do well in close quarters combat as opposed to being completely projectile-based, as well. (Also I like all of the iconic 3rd Party characters for some reason)
I find that they could have made MewTwo better since he was DLC. Maybe a bit more heavier and faster.. but yeah. He's fun.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Lady Palutena.

She was the closest resemblence to Mewtwo before the release.
Quick warp. Lasting NAir. Good UAir. Terrible landing game.

:v

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^speaking of which, still sad about teleport now being inferior to warp v.v

The Big Wang Theory

Smash Cadet
NNID
TimeNook
3DS FC
4038-6179-1020
I rock :4metaknight: along with :4mewtwo: because they're really neat foils to each other in terms of gameplay. Meta Knight's got a bad neutral game, but Mewtwo can dance around neutral all day with Confusion and tail pokes; they both have kickass punish and combo games; they're both really good at killing with their offstage aerials and onstage game.

Oh, and both of them have godly recoveries.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I've used about 10 characters total since I got this game. But all I really wanted was Mewtwo.
I managed to dwindle that number down and ultimately ended up using Samus and Jigglypuff the most, with a bunch of Villager and Luigi on the side.
Apparently I like floaty characters.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I've mained MegaMan since 2001 the demo came out. Been using Ike as a secondary and Shulk as a distant third, but Mewtwo turned out to be fun to play unlike his Melee self, so I've actually been considering making him my secondary. It's just really hard to overcome the will to use bair when MegaMan and Ike's are so good, but Mewtwo's is so... uh... outright garbage.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^You are commended for the effort there. Switching between such drastically different playstyles and speeds must be quite jarring at times.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:rosalina:because I have a fetish for tall, light, floaty characters. :4mewtwo:

Last edited:

Wintry

Smash Cadet
Luigi is my main, which is weird cause none of that carries over to Mewtwo. Except like spacing and zoning.

Then probably Marth cause he was my Melee main, but I feel like I'm ruining my Melee Marth playing him here.

And now Mewtwo. Just cause he's awesome.

Uffe

Smash Hero
:rosalina:because I have a fetish for tall, light, floaty characters. :4mewtwo:
You need Samus in your life, then. Oops. You added light. I take that back.

I use Ness and Mewtwo. Gotta learn that PSIence.

Last edited:

Harb

Smash Cadet
NNID
Harb323
Switch FC
SW-2002-6569-6711
Toon Link, Meta Knight, and Lucina. Sometimes I go for pockets like WFT, G&W, and Captain Falcon.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I rocked Mewtwo back in Melee and I'm going to do that again in these games. Aside from him, I main:

:4roy: He's my boy, and I'm a total douche bag when it comes to using him. Some of my friends from another forum had some trouble against him when we played via Skype voice chat last night. Gotta rock them badass pink shades after all. :cool:

:4yoshi: Rocked him since Melee. I picked him up very easily because he fits my style, and I got really good with him. Best of all, he's from the same year as me. (1990 master race :p)

:4sonic: Mained him in Brawl alongside Yoshi for the same reason minus the year representation.

:4pacman: The first character I picked up when I started playing the 3DS game. He's also a troll, which is awesome. Also pretty fun to use.

:4greninja: I flipped out when he and his pre evolutions were announced in 2013 because I love frogs and always wanted one as a Starter Pokemon since I was little.

:4ness: I was pretty good with him in Brawl. Gave a friend from another forum some trouble when we played a few matches.

:4falco: Same reason as Ness. He's also one of my favorite Star Fox characters.

:4tlink: Was one of my mains in Brawl. Much faster than adult Link.

:4mewtwo:My most used character in Melee, Yoshi being second. Very fun to use and extremely awesome.

Last edited:

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
I main Wario, along with some Dedede.

I decided to use Mewtwo as a submain because he's the closest thing to Frieza in this game lol.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Sonic since brawl(best character) and Bowser not too long ago.
Mewtwo is my co main alongside those guys!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Other than :4mewtwo:... :4drmario::4ganondorf::4lucina::4dedede::4dk:

Used to use :4greninja: and :4palutena: but the former's a little too quick with moves that require so much precision, whereas the latter feels way too slow.

DirtyDa

Smash Rookie
Well when Smash 4 first came out I was planning on maiming Lucario, and secondary Lucina and Dark Pit. Eventually I dropped Lucina and Lucario and main Pit/Dark Pit. I also started learning a little bit of Charizard just because he's fun and nobody would ever expect Charizard, but I think I might be dropping Zard so I can put more time into Mewtwo. Mewtwo is just incredibly fun to me, I don't care how good he is.
Pit and Mewtwo are the mains <3

Volaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volaro
3DS FC
2707-2096-3929
:4palutena:, :4villager:, :4myfriends:, and to a lesser extent the best Koopa. :4morton:

But I like to fool around with a good chunk of the roster. Really hoping I can master :4mewtwo: so he can join my top three.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In order, from left to right, my top 7 favourite characters right now are:

:rosalina::4sonic::4mario::4yoshi::4megaman::4duckhunt::4mewtwo:

Rosalina, Sonic, and possibly Mario probably aren't gonna budge, but Mewtwo is last right now by virtue of him only coming out. After Sonic, my order of preference tends to shift.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I use Zelda/Peach, as well as Mewtwo now. Zelda and Mewtwo play very similar in terms of punish and teleport mix ups.

JimmyHedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JimmyHedgehog
3DS FC
3497-0193-6314
I've used Mewtwo a fair bit and like him quite a lot, and basically:
i'm a proud :4mewtwo::4sonic: main.
This. Though I don't know if Mewtwo is really a main for me, but he could pass for a sub since I like to use him. :4sonic: is DEFINITELY my go-to and my top-runner (pun intended) in terms of character choice, with :4link:, :4kirby: and :4jigglypuff: a bit behind that...so quite the variation there really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom