• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Feb. 14----Kirksville, MO----Smash Bros Before Hoes!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
This is unacceptable. You expect me to tolerate living conditions without women doting on my every need? I'm extremely disappointed and am marking this customer service down as unsatifactory!
Women, don't you think the only reason we date them, is because we have too, I say who needs them when you have your fellow man, is just that you just feel safer in their arms, No Homo XP

But seriously, I don't know if we need housing for Friday, but maybe Saturday night, it all depends if Peeks wants to drive that night or not, also it will be like 4-5 from IA.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Hmm, well let's assume until otherwise noted that Iowa and StL are going to need housing on Saturday also.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Hmm, well let's assume until otherwise noted that Iowa and StL are going to need housing on Saturday also.
Well, I can only do 8-9, and that's might be pushing it. I'd like to keep them in my room and I'll take the couch. I guess the boiler room can be put to use, too.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Women, don't you think the only reason we date them, is because we have too, I say who needs them when you have your fellow man, is just that you just feel safer in their arms FLAMING SUPER MEGA YES HOMO :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
I fixed it for you.

And yeah, who likes women anyways? Anyone who likes women is gay (except for other women. That's hot).

So far I only have 2 people confirmed from St. Louis (myself and Legan). Think is probably going but so far we're traveling in separate cars (which is stupid) because he is difficult to contact. If Legan and I want to stay overnight, we are fine with any living/sleeping conditions, including futons, floors, tents, log cabins, and big steamy manpiles. No homo.

I'll try and keep you posted if we have any changes in plans.

And Rauleen, unless you have other plans, we should carpool.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I fixed it for you.

And yeah, who likes women anyways? Anyone who likes women is gay (except for other women. That's hot).
Lolz shit is too good.

I'm assuming people are still going to the after party thing, which in that case, what happens to the people getting housing, since some of the people driving need some what of good sleep for the drive home.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Lolz shit is too good.

I'm assuming people are still going to the after party thing, which in that case, what happens to the people getting housing, since some of the people driving need some what of good sleep for the drive home.
Earplugs will be provided? And most of you will be sleeping in a separate room. OR all the drivers could sleep at Jordan's.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright, so I finally took the time to look at the stage list:

-Luigi's Mansion
-Delfino Plaza
-Pirate Ship
-Norfair
-Frigate Orpheon
-Skyworld
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Port Town Aero Dive
-Castle Siege
-Distant Planet
-PictoChat
-Jungle Japes
-Onett
-Corneria
-Rainbow Cruise
-Green Greens
-Brinstar
-Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Why are these legal counterpicks???

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well for one, not to many people counter pick those stages, maybe a few XD
Second, they copy the stage list from me, so yeah ;3
Third, this and some others stages I don't use were used at the last MW Circuit event.
So I figure, if they used all those stages, then it's still ok for me to keep the same list I been using.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I see no reason Distant Planet shouldn't be a counterpick. Really, what's wrong with it? I've never seen anyone try to justify actually banning it. I don't think any of those stages except maybe Pirate Ship and Skyworld are really that bad, but Distant Planet is just such a wholesome and fair stage...

Sadly, I won't be able to make this regardless.

Cook

Smash Master
Alright, so I finally took the time to look at the stage list:

-Luigi's Mansion
-Delfino Plaza
-Pirate Ship
-Norfair
-Frigate Orpheon
-Skyworld
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Port Town Aero Dive
-Castle Siege
-Distant Planet
-PictoChat
-Jungle Japes
-Onett
-Corneria
-Rainbow Cruise
-Green Greens
-Brinstar
-Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

What makes these stages unreasonable? I'm open to banning more stages if that's what everyone wants, but you have to give reasons why they should be banned.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
I see no reason Distant Planet shouldn't be a counterpick. Really, what's wrong with it? I've never seen anyone try to justify actually banning it. I don't think any of those stages except maybe Pirate Ship and Skyworld are really that bad, but Distant Planet is just such a wholesome and fair stage...

Sadly, I won't be able to make this regardless.
lame. you should come.

i agree, i can see banning skyworld for sure, and onett? i always forget that onett is even a stage. what's wrong with pirate ship? the other ones i don't think there is really a problem.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I really don't see reasons for people just throwing out bans. The whole point of a counterpick is to be a positive for your character and a negative for someone else. I mean, infinites can obviously be performed on Onett, but that can also be done on Corneria, and there are no cars to intervene there. People just want to ban Skyworld because it destroys some recoveries, and other shenanigans happen, but that's kind of the point. If you play Olimar when someone counterpicks that stage, you're a fucking dumbass. As far as I know Pipes is mostly benificial to Meta Knight, so you could just do the smart thing and ban it against them.

People just need to learn how to play on stages :ohwell:.

Cook

Smash Master
I really don't see reasons for people just throwing out bans. The whole point of a counterpick is to be a positive for your character and a negative for someone else. I mean, infinites can obviously be performed on Onett, but that can also be done on Corneria, and there are no cars to intervene there. People just want to ban Skyworld because it destroys some recoveries, and other shenanigans happen, but that's kind of the point. If you play Olimar when someone counterpicks that stage, you're a fucking dumbass. As far as I know Pipes is mostly benificial to Meta Knight, so you could just do the smart thing and ban it against them.

People just need to learn how to play on stages :ohwell:.
I like to play Olimar on Skyworld...

Anyway, I'm still waiting for reasons why these stages should be banned.

zyklon

Smash Cadet
Hey gaiz

Hey gaiz what's this topic about?

Anyways still working on getting out of prior engagements, but should be able to show up at least for singles...

This is Jimmy btw K-Ville

Nicole

Smash Champion
I like to play Olimar on Skyworld...

Anyway, I'm still waiting for reasons why these stages should be banned.
They're gay?

Jk, I don't actually have a problem with any of the stages (besides Skyworld, but that is just personal burning hatred for that stupid *** level) Besides, people always just CP the same 5 or 6 stages anyway, so it doesn't really matter if a couple stupid ones are legal.

§chizm

Smash Lord
They're gay?

Jk, I don't actually have a problem with any of the stages (besides Skyworld, but that is just personal burning hatred for that stupid *** level) Besides, people always just CP the same 5 or 6 stages anyway, so it doesn't really matter if a couple stupid ones are legal.
Skyworld hates you too. :laugh:

Nuris

Smash Lord
Well, you could have a long debate about whether or not they should be banned or CP, or you could go by what the majority of likely participants want, or you can do whatever you feel like.

It seems like no one is really planning on using them as CPs anyways, so I don't think it should matter a whole lot. Even if someone does CP one against you and you know you can't win on that stage, there is that much more incentive to win your neutral and own CP matches.

Personally, I'd like to see this thread work toward a more productive discussion, like how we all love to party.

So parties are pretty cool. Who agrees?

Radium88

Smash Lord
And Rauleen, unless you have other plans, we should carpool.
I would carpool but I won't be leaving StL until around 10 maybe 9 30ish and then I wouldn't be leaving K-ville until Monday because I'm off work. If Think is coming and driving up to K-ville, I can come pick you guys up and drive up there since I work at Nestle in downtown but the thing is the ride back home for you guys. Oh! And if I don't work on Saturday, which is always a possibility, I'll be leaving around 7 00 am and I wouldn't know until maybe today or tomorrow. I'll talk to you about it at Think's if he is hosting smashfest.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I agree with removing Skyworld and Onett, but I don't see why Pirate Ship is a legit counterpick stage.

If someone could explain this to me, that'd be great.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
i dont really see anything wrong with those counter picks. most ppl play on neutral stages anyways, and if u play on a counterpick stage that u dont like then its ur fault for not banning it. i think that there is no point of banning those counterpicks stages cause ppl dont like to play on them. brawl is a game where counterpicks r very important so i think that those stages r fine imo

Cook

Smash Master
I agree with removing Skyworld and Onett, but I don't see why Pirate Ship is a legit counterpick stage.

If someone could explain this to me, that'd be great.
What about Pirate Ship is unfair? The hazards are avoidable. I know you can stall in the water, but stalling is banned anyway, so that doesn't matter.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Actually if you want to know why Affinity doesn't want those stages legal, it's because we've actually played alot of game sin Wichita on stupid stages. Meta Knight has a 0-death on everyone if they land in the water on the left. Kirby can Dair you to Bair over and over in the water until you die. Snake can completely destroy everyone on Skyworld. His utilt can combo into itself until the floor breaks, then it spikes you. Onett games last FOREVER. They often go to time because therels so much to tech. Not to mention all the wall infinites that get set up for massive damage ending with being hit by a car. Not to mention that Meta Knight is unapproachable by most of the cast if he camps the side and can kill you off the side at 20 with a shuttle loop. In other words, those stages mostly just make broken crap even more broken.

Cook

Smash Master
Actually if you want to know why Affinity doesn't want those stages legal, it's because we've actually played alot of game sin Wichita on stupid stages. Meta Knight has a 0-death on everyone if they land in the water on the left. Kirby can Dair you to Bair over and over in the water until you die. Snake can completely destroy everyone on Skyworld. His utilt can combo into itself until the floor breaks, then it spikes you. Onett games last FOREVER. They often go to time because therels so much to tech. Not to mention all the wall infinites that get set up for massive damage ending with being hit by a car. Not to mention that Meta Knight is unapproachable by most of the cast if he camps the side and can kill you off the side at 20 with a shuttle loop. In other words, those stages mostly just make broken crap even more broken.
If Snake is up-tilting can't you just tech it? Anyway, since nobody seems to like Onett or Skyworld I'll ban those (even though I like Skyworld, kinda). Being able to do crazy stuff to people in the water of Pirate Ship doesn't sound like a huge deal to me, because if it were any other stage you would have died if you didn't make it back to the stage.

Also, you and/or Affinity need to do friendlies with me on Friday; I desperately need MK practice, because I suck against him and no one here really plays him.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Well, you could have a long debate about whether or not they should be banned or CP, or you could go by what the majority of likely participants want, or you can do whatever you feel like.

It seems like no one is really planning on using them as CPs anyways, so I don't think it should matter a whole lot. Even if someone does CP one against you and you know you can't win on that stage, there is that much more incentive to win your neutral and own CP matches.

Personally, I'd like to see this thread work toward a more productive discussion, like how we all love to party.

So parties are pretty cool. Who agrees?
Dude...guys, listen to this man's words of wisdom. Let's not focus on our differing opinions, but on our common interest of getting freakin' hammered on Saturday night!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Being able to do crazy stuff to people in the water of Pirate Ship doesn't sound like a huge deal to me, because if it were any other stage you would have died if you didn't make it back to the stage.
lol

The water isn't that far below the level of the stage.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Uh... St. Louis might need housing Friday night. Just 3 of us.

Cook

Smash Master
lol

The water isn't that far below the level of the stage.
It's also not that far below the stage in Japes, but if Olimar (and lots of others, like Ike) falls in on the left side, he's gone. If any character falls in they have a chance of being klap trapped to death. So what do you do? You avoid the water. As others have said, a counter pick is supposed to give you an advantage. If Kirby can do crazy things there, then Kirby should be able to counterpick it. It's not like it's an insta-win, he still has to get you in the water, and doing that equals death on more stages than just Pirate Ship.

Uh... St. Louis might need housing Friday night. Just 3 of us.
Luckily not all of Wichita is coming Friday, so we've got room for you guys.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
@ASC: Can you please post the address of wherever Wichita will be heading to Friday evening? That would be very helpful.

Thanks

Top Bottom