• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Feb. 14----Kirksville, MO----Smash Bros Before Hoes!

Cook

Smash Master
You guys will be going to 809 E. Pierce Street, but you'll probably want to call either me or Kit when you get to town (numbers are in the OP).

Also, apparently our school is having a Brawl tournament tomorrow at 7:00 P.M. You won't be able to win any money, and it'll be all scrubs, but we'll probably go to it anyway, and you guys are all welcome to come. We're probably going to sandbag, though, because we want to convince people to come on Saturday, and they probably won't want to if we destroy them.

Edit: Affinity, I just saw that you guys won't get here until about 8 or 9. In that case, just call me (or Kit or Jordan) when you get to Kirksville and I'll give you directions to where we happen to be.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
If Snake is up-tilting can't you just tech it? Anyway, since nobody seems to like Onett or Skyworld I'll ban those (even though I like Skyworld, kinda). Being able to do crazy stuff to people in the water of Pirate Ship doesn't sound like a huge deal to me, because if it were any other stage you would have died if you didn't make it back to the stage.

Also, you and/or Affinity need to do friendlies with me on Friday; I desperately need MK practice, because I suck against him and no one here really plays him.
Actually the hitbox is so huge that if you tech it, it will hit you again -anyway- unless you're a very small character, in which case I might need to move to the direction you are trying to get away in before hitting you with it again lol.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Well, my room is now rearranged to maximize floor space. Two people share the futon, or one with it in couch-mode and an extra person on the floor. Somebody gets a twin mattress.

Nicole

Smash Champion
You guys will be going to 809 E. Pierce Street, but you'll probably want to call either me or Kit when you get to town (numbers are in the OP).

Also, apparently our school is having a Brawl tournament tomorrow at 7:00 P.M. You won't be able to win any money, and it'll be all scrubs, but we'll probably go to it anyway, and you guys are all welcome to come. We're probably going to sandbag, though, because we want to convince people to come on Saturday, and they probably won't want to if we destroy them.

Edit: Affinity, I just saw that you guys won't get here until about 8 or 9. In that case, just call me (or Kit or Jordan) when you get to Kirksville and I'll give you directions to where we happen to be.
I don't think anyone coming to this tournament needs to practice sandbagging :bee:

I'd rather get my *** handed to me by Wichita then win against a bunch of scrubs.

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
Hey asc,

This is JoeBangles from the other half of the Wichita crew. Four of us are coming tomorrow morning (Q.Q), so expect us there in time for registration. Also, I grabbed your cell number just in case we need directions, but I'm thinking we should be set.

Just lettin' you know to expect a few more from Wichita. :D And so you won't be like, "Who the hell is this?!?" if we call tomorrow.

JoeB

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I just found out that I have Cancer. . . . . . . . . .

Not really, but now the next news won't sound as bad XP

Sadly Iowa isn't going to be making it, cause the snow fucked everything up, roads up here are pretty bad, a few accidents here and there, so we are going to set this one out. Sorry guys.

Cook

Smash Master
I just found out that I have Cancer. . . . . . . . . .

Not really, but now the next news won't sound as bad XP

Sadly Iowa isn't going to be making it, cause the snow fucked everything up, roads up here are pretty bad, a few accidents here and there, so we are going to set this one out. Sorry guys.
The only excuse I will accept is that you do have cancer. Snow's not that bad, the roads will probably be pretty clear by tomorrow; just drive slow.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
how bout the john that our driver lives 3-4 hours away from des moines and he cant give us a drive there cause he doesnt have a car anymore? is that better for u?

Cook

Smash Master
how bout the john that our driver lives 3-4 hours away from des moines and he cant give us a drive there cause he doesnt have a car anymore? is that better for u?
Well, I GUESS that's acceptable. What happened to his car, though? That sucks.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well one of his friends was going to let him borrow a car, then he decided that was going to see his GF or something, so he try asking like 2 other friends, but they all had plans, he even try borrowing his parents van, but told him no, cause the roads were bad, and didn't want him driving that far. So you see he try all, so we could make it to the tourney T.T

Anyways, I just notice the Tourney's name, and FUCK YEAH, shits too good, now I really wish we could have made it, but that's life for you, alright guys good luck at the tourney.

Cook

Smash Master
Some results:

Brawl Singles

1st----Domo----Metaknight
2nd---Ky--------Pit
3rd---Zeton-----Fox
4th---Affinity---Metaknight
5th---asc853----Captain Olimar
5th---Jordan----Game and Watch

Brawl Doubles
1st---Domo and Ky

I don't really know the rest of the doubles results because I wasn't there. Thinkaman, do you still have the brackets on your computer? If you do, it would be super sweet if you could either send me the results or post them in this thread for any who might be interested.

Anyway, thinks a lot everyone who made the trip to worthless Kirksville. I know I had a lot of fun at the tournament and at Pancake ****ty, and I hope everyone else did, as well. See y'all at NO KOAST.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
Some results:

Brawl Singles

1st----Domo----Metaknight
2nd---Ky--------Pit
3rd---Zeton-----Fox
4th---Affinity---Metaknight
5th---asc853----Captain Olimar
5th---Jordan----Game and Watch

Brawl Doubles
1st---Domo and Ky

I don't really know the rest of the doubles results because I wasn't there. Thinkaman, do you still have the brackets on your computer? If you do, it would be super sweet if you could either send me the results or post them in this thread for any who might be interested.

Anyway, thinks a lot everyone who made the trip to worthless Kirksville. I know I had a lot of fun at the tournament and at Pancake ****ty, and I hope everyone else did, as well. See y'all at NO KOAST.

don't know very many more results, but i think:
singles:
7th---arkivezero
7th---thinkaman
doubles:
2nd---arkive and 8bit
3rd---zeton and bojangles?
4th---kit and jordan (ME!)
5th---affinity and clel?

Radium88

Smash Lord
So this was a really fun first tournament even though I got my *** handed to me but that is how you learn, right? It was nice meeting KC and Wichita people and I look forward to meeting you all again in another tournament. I didn't get a chance to ask 8bit to play because I got too scared but hopefully I can go up against his Kirby next time.

A highlight of the night was the Falcon team dittos on Hyrule, Big Blue and Shadow Moses Island with all items on high. That must be re-enacted again some time.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I got the results posted in the rankings list thread since I luckily memorized them lol

Good tourney guys, sorry to anyone I was an *** to, my migraine was really messing with me, so don't take anything personally.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Fun tournament guys! Thanks for driving all the way to the ****hole that is Kirksville, and for eating some pancakes with us at Pancake ****ty! Wichita, I hope your drive back wasn't too gawdawful.

Bojangles, Arkive, just wait until next time (NOKOAST!?!?) when I don't play like a ****ing moron :p

GG's everyone, I have too much fun at these things.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the nova slinger finally bombed me last night

casualty count still not finalized

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Is anyone going to Joker's at the end of the month? I just wanna know because its fun hanging with you guys.

Cook

Smash Master
I got the results posted in the rankings list thread since I luckily memorized them lol

Good tourney guys, sorry to anyone I was an *** to, my migraine was really messing with me, so don't take anything personally.
Sweet, thanks; I forgot that you only needed 20 participants to go on that thread.

Is anyone going to Joker's at the end of the month? I just wanna know because its fun hanging with you guys.
I won't make it due to birthday johns, but I'm pretty sure that Kit, Jordan, and maybe Nicole are going. And they may even bring new blood in the form of Jimmy.

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
Bojangles, Arkive, just wait until next time (NOKOAST!?!?) when I don't play like a ****ing moron :p

GG's everyone, I have too much fun at these things.
Haha! If I have to play you at NO KOAST, I'm taking you straight to Norfair. :laugh: I had a lot of fun playing you too; I actually probably played more against you than anyone else at the tournament. Too much fun!

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I guess this is our discussion thread now.

Anyway, shout-outs.
8bit and Arkive: Ridiculously close games both times. Definitely my favorite of the day.
Bojangles: Two great comebacks.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Before any shoutouts, it seems someone took my wii power cable and standard AV cable out of the bottom of my bag. I remember seeing them on the table in the room as we were packing up and thinking they might be mine, but that was impossible because I never took mine out. (Used the component cable and an extra power cord somebody already had out.) When I got to the next tourney they were gone, so I stupidly realized they must have been mine after all.

Anybody grab those? ...get them at NO KOAST?

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
great stuff from everyone. had a lot of fun friday playing teams and saturday was pretty great too.
shout outs are to everyone, can't wait to play some more with all of you guys at no koast. best matches of course were falcon dittos on hyrule/shadow moses with items on!

oh and i need to learn to fight meta knight (but missouri has none). :(

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Not only does Kansas have multiple Meta Knight players, we have such a diverse style of them. Domo, Clel and Affinity play nothing alike, and I play Meta Knight as gay as I possibly can on the gayest stages I possibly can. It's good practice to play against Metas alot, so out of state we can do well against the plethora of them.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Arg, did I happen to leave a triwing screwdriver at that house we were at? I got it out to work on Zeton's and assumed he put it back in my back when we were done. That would be twice I made assumptions about my possessions in kirksville that proved me to be ********.

Anyone happen upon a big round triwing?

Nicole

Smash Champion
I won't make it due to birthday johns, but I'm pretty sure that Kit, Jordan, and maybe Nicole are going. And they may even bring new blood in the form of Jimmy.
Wait, what? Aren't you having a kick*** party with steak and hookers? Am I not invited? :(

Yeah, I dunno if I'm going to Joker's, 3 tournaments in a row would be a real strain on my wallet. I'll just have to stop sandbagging and win NOKOAST :laugh:

Top Bottom