• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Feb. 14----Kirksville, MO----Smash Bros Before Hoes!

Cook

Smash Master
I thought it was natural for the house to take 5%? Doesn't Joker do it in his basement so he doesn't actually pay for anything either. If the house takes the time to set stuff up, clean up afterward, make sure everything goes okay during the tournament, isn't that where the 5% comes in? But then again, I haven't been to any tournaments really.....so wtf do I know? Nuthin. But that was my understanding.
Yeah, I guess that's kinda true. I don't know, I guess I won't worry about it because I'll be taking 60% of the pot in singles and splitting 60% in doubles, provided that Team We Ain't Datin' Ain't Nuthin' Ta **** Wit can get its **** together (which it will).

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I thought it was natural for the house to take 5%? Doesn't Joker do it in his basement so he doesn't actually pay for anything either. If the house takes the time to set stuff up, clean up afterward, make sure everything goes okay during the tournament, isn't that where the 5% comes in? But then again, I haven't been to any tournaments really.....so wtf do I know? Nuthin. But that was my understanding.
Yeah, most TO take around 5 to 10%, then there's the really gay ones that take 20%, I know cause I was on that tourney T.T but I think the main reason they take a % out of the tourney, is like you said, it's really hard to set things up like, sittings, brackets, keeping track of money and stuff, also the cleaning afterwords, and making sure the tourney runs smoothly, but when you think about it 5% is only like $10 or so.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Yeah, most TO take around 5 to 10%, then there's the really gay ones that take 20%, I know cause I was on that tourney T.T but I think the main reason they take a % out of the tourney, is like you said, it's really hard to set things up like, sittings, brackets, keeping track of money and stuff, also the cleaning afterwords, and making sure the tourney runs smoothly, but when you think about it 5% is only like $10 or so.
I figured it wouldn't be that much because if 30 people and paid $10-20 then that would be $300-600. Then 5% would be $15-30 for the house but that would be to manage 30 people. So I don't think that's too much. 20%???? Unless the venue cost a lot, that's really high. That's why you should come to ones like in Kirksville with your IA crew. *ahem*

When I use to host a campus tournament for free because it was our organization doing it, I would get 20-40 applicants. I had to track down and get 5-7 systems going and then had to do a bracket. It was a lot of work. Yeah, I had some people help me manage the brackets and getting the system set up but it was still a whole lot of stuff to do. I wish we got some type of compensation, but what are you going to do when they don't want money usually being involved unless it's a fundraiser for curing cancer or something.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Yeah, I guess that's kinda true. I don't know, I guess I won't worry about it because I'll be taking 60% of the pot in singles and splitting 60% in doubles, provided that Team We Ain't Datin' Ain't Nuthin' Ta **** Wit can get its **** together (which it will).
**** yeah!

We seriously have to practice though...I'm tired of playing like **** in doubles. Did we ever find out if Wichita's coming?

Cook

Smash Master
**** yeah!

We seriously have to practice though...I'm tired of playing like **** in doubles. Did we ever find out if Wichita's coming?
Inferno said "maybe" about switching the date so they can make 2/14. I say if he doesn't then everyone from Wichita should just skip the bi-weekly and come anyway! If St. Louis, IA, KC, and, for the first time ever, Springfield all come this could be pretty epic.

Cook

Smash Master
For real. Are we gonna have enough room? Or setups?
Plenty of room. People, bring setups if you can.

Also, there will be an after party where we will get smashed instead of Smashing, so anyone is welcome to stay for that (I think...).

Nicole

Smash Champion
a party?? with booze?!?!?! (am i allowed to say that on here?) ****** sweet.

who's hosting it?

Cook

Smash Master
a party?? with booze?!?!?! (am i allowed to say that on here?) ****** sweet.

who's hosting it?
I'm pretty sure you can say booze, liquor, and alcohol, you just can't say ****faced or ****ed up, savvy? Anyway, it'll be at Kit's place. But maybe I should reconfirm?

Nicole

Smash Champion
i guess kit will also provide overnight housing then? i'm sure i can talk natalie into letting a few people stay at her place if there isn't room at kit's.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Yes, there is to be a legit party at my house, but everyone will also have to put up with my non-smashing friends.
Srsly though, no set-ups at my place after the tournament, though. Maybe Jordan's.

Cook

Smash Master
I don't see why we can't have a setup or two in Kit's room...

And we need multiple Pong setups.

Legan

Smash Lord
i think only you and me are excited for getting smashed after smash...:(

Are you kidding me?! Ill get belligerent with you guys I dont give a ****.

There still should be at least one setup there because getting smashed and smashing is like the best thing ever next to sex.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Well, I mean, this is also my birthday party and a Valentine's Day party, and Club Baby Seals doesn't throw a party that doesn't get helllla over-crowded crazy quick.
Set-ups would have to be very well separated from the rest of the house.

Nicole

Smash Champion
there should be a setup, could we put it in the room with the furnace? seems like that probably won't have too many people in it.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Are you kidding me?! Ill get belligerent with you guys I dont give a ****.

There still should be at least one setup there because getting smashed and smashing is like the best thing ever next to sex.
So is watching you getting smashed and smashing the third? Cause its pretty ****ing funny imo

Nicole

Smash Champion
I suppose we could put one in there and one in my room.
But everyone must promise to paaaarty.
Thank god.

Since it looks like it's only going to be K-ville people plus Legan (coolest kid ever) getting hammered after the tournament, we can probably manage to tear ourselves away from smash for a little while. Especially if you get totally ****faced again and start claiming that you've killed a dragon.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Thank god.

Since it looks like it's only going to be K-ville people plus Legan (coolest kid ever) getting hammered after the tournament, we can probably manage to tear ourselves away from smash for a little while. Especially if you get totally ****faced again and start claiming that you've killed a dragon.
There are several misleading things in this quote.

1. Razor will probably join us.
2. I don't get that ****faced ever.
3. Killing a dragon was the only true thing I claimed that night.

On a sadder note, probably only taken ladies, DUFFs, and Nicole will be partying Valentine's Night.

Cook

Smash Master

On a sadder note, probably only taken ladies, DUFFs, and Nicole will be partying Valentine's Night.
Wtf is a duff???????????????????????????//////////

Legan

Smash Lord

Eww what a buzz kill, I think Ill still be able to talk some of the guys into comin out to this.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Well, I mean, buzz-kill somewhat, but it'll be the same at any Valentine's party. Pretty girls are already spoken for for the night.
But that's not what makes a party. What makes a party is Jordan's roommates harassing people. And there will be tons of that.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman

disagree! i think they're will be many good looking ladies there! not just the taken ones (although my lady (who is taken) is the best looking one!).

also, razor is coming? does this mean lots of iowans are?

What makes a party is Jordan's roommates harassing people. And there will be tons of that.
i don't even know what you mean by this. harassing people? i only harass people who set fire to lamps...

Radium88

Smash Lord
disagree! i think they're will be many good looking ladies there! not just the taken ones (although my lady (who is taken) is the best looking one!).
Haha, thanks babe.

Anyways, so how many set-ups are going to be there? Because I don't see anybody saying they can bring them that are outside of kville.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I'm so cool that I need a category all my own :laugh: Nicole tier FTW.

Anyways, don't let a bunch of "DUFFs" kill the fun, I'm sure they'll be too busy being lame to partake in the awesomeness that is drinking and smashing.

Also, way to talk up your party Kit, I'm sure that with this comment you've just encouraged everyone to come. Good job.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
DUFFs aren't necessarily a bad thing. They are easy to pick up. it is their job
So, looking for easy lays? Try drunk, single girls on Valentine's Day!

Legan

Smash Lord
I think I heard a song about DUFF's somewhere. I forget who sang it though.
Big girls need love to , and thats exactly why alcohol was invented.

Cook

Smash Master
This thread seems to be on the wrong page. Oranos, have you figured out if you're coming yet, or how many you're bringing?

Nicole

Smash Champion
Who actually is confirmed for this? I know Legan is...hopefully he'll be able to bring some other stL people. Other than that, I have no idea who (if anyone) else is coming.

Radium88

Smash Lord
I will be coming!!

So, KC should come because I was watching Joker's vids and saw 8bit play as Kirby. And ZOMG, I must be like that and I want to see 8bit play live so I can emulate his finger movements :p

Sorry for sounding like a total creepster but I'm a girl so it's okay?

Nicole

Smash Champion
this is on the wrong page. also...no one answered my question yet. i am not impressed.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
ummm...maybe more people will say they're coming closer to the 14th????????

i don't know, people should come it will be such good times.

Top Bottom