• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
the middle .gif of cosmos sig reminds me of the crazy diseased monster people from i am legend when they are laying in the lab put under, breathing all crazy and ****.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Is there anyway we can start some pools at 8? Like you can start the ones with people who can't make it till 9 at 9, but the rest could be at 8? I understand you want to accomodate the OOSer's, but I really don't know if I can be there all the way till midnight, since I don't have a car yet, so I can only come if the parentls let me use their car that late. I understand I'm only one person, so I don't expect everything to be perfect for me, but it would be cool if we could start a few pools that have everyone there at 8. Just my two cents.

olsonpm

Smash Cadet
Hey, I haven't been on the tournament scene for a while - so I lost all touch with my madison smashers. Is there anyone who might be able to give me a ride up there and back? or if you guys know of anyone that I can contact, that would be cool as well.

I also know some kids whow would like a ride and are from Eau claire. I don't know if they use this site very often so I thought i'd speak on their behalf haha.

I'll pay 10$ for gas, and the eau claire kids I'm sure will pay 20$ each.

either pm me or (preferrably) e-mail me at olsonpm@uwec.edu

hopefully I'll see you guys at the tourny. I'm planning on bringing some brawl+ for everyone to discover how amazing it is lol. I'm also planning on having a station set up where install homebrew and brawl+ on anyone's wii who is too lazy or concerned about doing it themselves ; )

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I prefer to not have a pizza in my face when im sleeping....
that doesn't even make sense, you weren't even at fc6

I'm planning on bringing some brawl+ for everyone to discover how amazing it is lol. I'm also planning on having a station set up where install homebrew and brawl+ on anyone's wii who is too lazy or concerned about doing it themselves ; )
If you want your Wii to be used as a setup, I'm letting you know ahead of time that only completely vanilla brawl should be booted for the tourney. Even if it's 'useful' stuff like longer replays and no tripping, every setup should be completely vanilla to make each setup equal. But if you just want it set up for people to mess around with that should be fine :hunger: good luck getting a ride :bee:

olsonpm

Smash Cadet
I understand that - although I do think the final match should really use the simple 'no tripping' code. That's just an opinion though, I don't care what is decided because there is no way I'd end up in the finals haha.

but yeah, brawl+ has some amazing additions, and crazy potential at being a very balanced game. If you guys haven't tried it, you really should.

NICE venue btw. That room looks intense.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I prefer to not have a pizza in my face when im sleeping....
Massive johns. Seriously, stop being such a wimp.

hopefully I'll see you guys at the tourny. I'm planning on bringing some brawl+ for everyone to discover how amazing it is lol. I'm also planning on having a station set up where install homebrew and brawl+ on anyone's wii who is too lazy or concerned about doing it themselves ; )
Brawl+ is really fun, seriously. =D

My setup, as well as a couple others will be able to run brawl+ too. Hope you can make it.

I understand that - although I do think the final match should really use the simple 'no tripping' code. That's just an opinion though, I don't care what is decided because there is no way I'd end up in the finals haha.

but yeah, brawl+ has some amazing additions, and crazy potential at being a very balanced game. If you guys haven't tried it, you really should.

NICE venue btw. That room looks intense.
Only pure vanilla brawl in all tourney matches, to avoid any johns about it. If we have enough interest and time maybe we can hold a small brawl+ bracket for kicks on the overnight portion.

chansen

Smash Lord
at least lone is playing it smart and dodging a teabag. js knows id do it.

way to play it safe (our one and only rival...)

hunger!

Smash Champion
i suggest that if someone can make their wii have longer replays. they should. because spikes. everything isnt going to get recorded and having lets say...kirk there with his wii that he just slaps replays onto an SD card and uploads them later is a very nifty thing

Kirk

Smash Champion
I can do that.

Along with a full setup...if people don't complain about having a non-CRT TV with component cables to get rid of the lag(Mine is a 19" LCD).

Wafles

Smash Lord
I'm not so keen on doing teams crews for an event like this, perhaps I'll work with some people to draft up a team crews rule-set, and we can test it at some other WI tourney.

I think state crews are a reasonable idea still.

How many states are expecting representation from more than a few people? My guess is IL and MN, but 3 states wont really work, we'd need 4. Otherwise we can just do WI v. IL or MN (depending on who has more representation/desire to do it).

Give me some feedback guys, we've only got a little more than 2 weeks to get this figured out. =)

Cook

Smash Master
How many people do we need for a crew? I think there will be around 7-10 Missourians. I'm not sure who all is coming from KS, but I'm guessing there will be about 8 of them maybe?

Raid

Smash Cadet
well if there wants to be any recording of matches my setup is gonna have a pinnacle recorder set up to it, and it'll be recording to my harddrive so theres enough space for any matchups at high quality =D ya just have to remember to start and stop recording for each match xD

Wafles

Smash Lord
How many people do we need for a crew? I think there will be around 7-10 Missourians. I'm not sure who all is coming from KS, but I'm guessing there will be about 8 of them maybe?
I'm thinking crews should be like 6 people, at least that's my opinion. Anyone disagree?

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
6 is a good number.

In that extra time on Friday we should do a Falcon/Ganondorf only tournament, and Iowa would take the at least the top three spots.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
oh man, I demand to be on IL crew. I'm good enough.
you might be able to if we have 2 crews.. which we might be able to depending on who all goes..
cause in all seriousness most of illinois top players all beat each other out. so you really never know who is the top.

Wafles

Smash Lord
you might be able to if we have 2 crews.. which we might be able to depending on who all goes..
cause in all seriousness most of illinois top players all beat each other out. so you really never know who is the top.
Should be only one crew per state, we'll see what kind of bracket we'll be making, 4 states would be ideal, but I suppose we can do a play-in crew battle if there are more.

I think we should plan on doing this right after singles pools are done, melee, brawl+, or whatever side tourneys we feel like friday afternoon.

None of this is final yet, we're still forming ideas.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
OK here's an idea for teams crews:

8 people, 3 stock each
Life stealing OFFFFFFFFF

When one teammate is eliminated, you can opt to quit out and put in another teammate. HOWEVER it is the responsibility of the player remaining on that team to quit out within 5 seconds of his teammate's last lost stock. If the player (or captain!) doesn't want to, they can just continue fighting.
An example of this would be to imagine someone with 1 stock 0% in a 2v1 against two high %'s -- they would probably rather stay in and try to win than bring in a teammate and refresh his opponents' life.
If it's more like 2 stock, high % in a 2v1 against 2 characters at low %, they might want to bring in a teammate and refresh their %.
Now imagine it's 1 stock, low% in a 2v1 against two mid%'s. They could decide to either try out the 2v1, or bring in a teammate at the risk of refreshing their opponents' % and losing more than just one of their own lives -- but they would need to make that decision immediately instead of testing the waters for like 30 seconds before deciding it's futile.

After quitting out, the new teammate has to pick the predetermined character, then they get the option to counterpick a stage (allowing the other team to change their characters; otherwise if Random is picked, the other team is stuck with their characters). Also there would have to be some kind of anti ledge spam rule because that would make 2v1's lame.

I think this method of teammate rotation adds depth and intensity to the concept of crews while still remaining fair :hunger:

olsonpm

Smash Cadet
um, brawl is balanced, and i can say that, I play falcon.
LOL - brawl is balanced...
I know that a completely balanced game cannot exist, but however you view brawl as balanced, brawl+ will be twice as much guaranteed.

when brawl+ figures out a non-beta standard codeset, and IF people accept a different brawl, then tournaments will be way more fun. More characters will be used in a competitive fashion, and combos will once again exist as they did in 64 and melee. The speed of gameplay will also increase. I'm just waiting for it to catch on as I see very few negatives ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom