• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafles

Smash Lord
You never saw Game & Plank?

Basically it's hugging onto the edge and never approaching, just sitting there. Indefinitely.

I think in a teams crews situation that this should definitely be limited to no more than 20 seconds (or so) at a time. It gets really, really lame.

Also, Brawl+ is just a fun gimmick. Not really a good idea for real tournaments, IMO. It's not really that balanced (some characters have REDICULOUS combos, like sheik and snake), but it sure is fun.

Cook

Smash Master
I think Brawl is fairly balanced, minus MK. Even lower tier characters have their uses; for instance, Peach and Luigi are both good against Olimar, who tends to do well against a lot of the top tier characters (minus MK and Marth). There are a LOT of characters who are tourney viable.

olsonpm

Smash Cadet
that's the cool part though -.- , the coders can mess around with anything that seems to be imballanced. For instance, extended chaingrabbing (which is possibly the easiest, most boring and delayed method to gain % on an opponent) is/will be non-existent. That will be the end to my rant, but I've definitely been hooked haha.

What I really should be worried about atm is getting a ride to this tourny agh.

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
Brawl _is_ pretty balanced... obviously some characters are much better than others but _almost_ every character has options for most scenarios. You can main almost anyone and with enough work get good; there are very few "perfect counter" matchups.

Wafles

Smash Lord
so what's going on at noon-6ish until like every arrives?
Side tourneys. Most likely a low-bottom tier brawl tourney, a melee singles tourney, and various other shenanigans. Prices will be determined based on interest. Low-bottom tier brawl will probably be really cheap, melee $5?

And of course friendlies.

hunger!

Smash Champion
I have a request. If someone is able, bring a decent mic so commentary can be recorded with all the major matches (w/l/g finals. semis. etc.)

Irsic

Smash Ace
I think I'll be going to this. Not 100% sure yet, but it's a really easy drive for me, it's not THAT far from where I am, so I think I'll be attending.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
We should definitely do a low-tier tourney, as well as a falcon/ganondorf only tourney.

Also I will be accepting Razor Challenges from anyone. MM or not. A Razor Challenge is a best of five that once a stage is played it can't be played again and once a character is used they cannot be used again by that player. So best case scenario you have to win with at least 3 characters, and if it goes to the final round you will need 5 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom