• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I've got a really dumb idea if people want a 5th neutral for stage striking: PictoChat.

No, seriously. Pretty much none of the transformations individually would be counterpick and if there's any infinites D3 can abuse, they only last a matter of seconds. I can't think of any transformation that gives anyone a decent character advantage there at all, and the effects aren't completely random / game****ing.
Pictohat is awesome, but the hazards kill lightweights pretty easily, not to mention there's no way to avoid some of them if you're unlucky. =\

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Is there a reason why this starts Friday instead of Sunday? Does WI not have classes on Friday? Seeing as how this is a circuit event, I think it would be better for those of us from out of state if this thing was happening over the weekend.
The venue is dramatically more expensive on Sunday (hundreds of dollars more than Friday). I understand many people may have classes on Friday but we are starting at 5pm to help alleviate the time issues. I would have class myself but I'm going to be there setting up all morning. All you have to do is just get your work a day in advance :)

Wafles

Smash Lord
A lot of us have had to make arrangements with class. I had to reschedule two midterms for this.

Also, a small announcement. If we have time, and interest, I might be running a cheap low-bottom tier only side tourney and/or a 64 tourney on friday afternoon. Lemme know what your opinions are on which or what we should do.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Is there a reason why this starts Friday instead of Sunday? Does WI not have classes on Friday? Seeing as how this is a circuit event, I think it would be better for those of us from out of state if this thing was happening over the weekend.
Yeah, starting this on Friday is really annoying for me as I'd have to somehow travel 300 miles in 2 hours x_x.
skip a day, get work in advance

Sago

Smash Lord
A lot of us have had to make arrangements with class. I had to reschedule two midterms for this.

Also, a small announcement. If we have time, and interest, I might be running a cheap low-bottom tier only side tourney and/or a 64 tourney on friday afternoon. Lemme know what your opinions are on which or what we should do.
you realize i would probly win both of this with only cosmo in my way in 64

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i don't get why people make useless posts like announcing how many posts you've made when if we really care we'll look.

but yeah i seriously can't wait. almost just a month away.

Also Illinois we need to figure out who is coming so we can figure out cars. Maybe i'll try to figure this more out at the Cyber Arena.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
it's a joke to put Lone sucks during a landmark post

but it's no joke that lone sucks.
You do know by saying that heath, you suck more right? Since you lost to me and all. So in theory, everytime someone says lone sucks, they are saying heath sucks more.

chansen

Smash Lord
This is brawl only? dizzam.

Can i bring a melee setup still, and play people that want to play melee the whole time (similar to my setup at LPC)?

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
This is brawl only? dizzam.

Can i bring a melee setup still, and play people that want to play melee the whole time (similar to my setup at LPC)?
bring all the melee you want, i'm sure there will be people coming that will play with you, and i'm sure if you melee people bring enough set-ups and enough people want i'm sure you could do a side tournament for melee.. because i'm assuming there will still be alot of room, like last time. (though you should wait for spikes to confrim what i said.)

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
That's not ethan logic at all. Ethan logic is saying If A beats B, and B beats C, than A beats B. All I'm saying is if A beats B, then A is better than B. And It's not my fault he went DK, I would have gladly played his Marth or Falco.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
That's not ethan logic at all. Ethan logic is saying If A beats B, and B beats C, than A beats B. All I'm saying is if A beats B, then A is better than B. And It's not my fault he went DK, I would have gladly played his Marth or Falco.
dunno who ethan is but i'd say whoever places better regularly at tournaments is better.

(also not sure if this is a serious argument. :x so i'm not taking sides. XD)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Actually the original Ethan Logic was that the result of a match is objectively definitive with respect to the matchup. It came about when Ethan beat Heath in one falco ditto set and then said his falco was better. It was later extended into the more commonly cited A>B, B>C => A>C logic (which is just as faulty) that we all know and love today. But yes, lone's post is a great example of the original Ethan logic.

So, it all comes back to the same burning question. Does lone suck? The answer lies in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom