• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favourite all time games?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i remember them saying it would be innovative, and fun for the casual and hardcore alike
instead it's a fisher price toy
4 months til edgeworth....

Splice

Smash Hero
Ellipsis is like the first person to order their Zelda games the same as me!
Also Paper Mario TTYD was gonna be on my list. Didn't make the cut.

I think Metroid Prime could have gotten on my list, it was really different to anything else i'd played, except it got progressively worse (throughout the game, not with each installment)

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Well splice that's because that order sucks. <3

As far as zelda games go, it's quite obvious.

OOT > Wind waker > Majoras or LTTP, hard to chose > every other zelda closely following eachother > Twilight princess.

Sorry but TP was just an OOT clone to me, with nice graphics. The game was like, *Stuck on map - enter dungeon - get new item - use item to beat boss - use item to move to next dungeon*. the other zeldas didnt seem to stick so hard to that formula, and if they did you didn't notice.

Forgot to mention phantom hourglass, that was a good mixup from the regular formula, i liked it alot.

:) <3 <3.

Splice

Smash Hero
It depends how you play the game, and also what order you play them. I did play TP first out of all of them, so i may have been more oblivious to the formula, but the way I played Zelda graphics made a big difference, I spent lots of time admiring the scenery and taking it slow, and from what I've played of OoT (I haven't finished it, me and a friend tried to speedrun it in turns when he got it one night but we fell asleep at like 6am) there isn't much reason to take it's slow, I just kept going through as things to do came up.

I didn't like the amount of time spent on a boat in Windwaker, and I didnt like any of the times when you weren't in a dungeon. I loved the dungeons, and the bosses too, but aside from that It wasn't as appealing. The giant squids were win, though.

Majoras is like Ocarina for me, I just enjoyed it more I guess lol.

It's probably the same as Super Mario Sunshine. Mostly everyone would say its the worst of the 3, but I played it first and really got into it and I enjoyed it enough to play it a lot of times and yeah, I just had a good experience with it. Same as TP, except moreso.

<3 :) <3

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I see, I guess growing up on playing NES games, graphics isnt something that i take much notice of as much as gameplay. I remember when SNES graphics looked incredible to me, and the first time i played super mario 64 I couldn't beleive that they could make 3d games.

For its time, OOT had AMAZING visuals, it was one of the most detailed games of the time.

I liked super mario sunshine :( I liked it more than Super mario galaxy!

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I think Ocaraina is a better game than twilight princess i just prefered twilight princess more because it was longer and the boss battles were cooler (although the game was far far too easy). Also I think wind waker easily had the best art style and graphics, oh and best ganondorf fight, twas epic. I like majoras mask more than ocarina in retrospect purely because it was so different and the mask mechanic was cool imo. Also the story in majoras mask was really the best.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I loved the Stallord Boss Battle (or whatever it's called, 4th Temple boss) in Twilight Princess. It's so different from any other Zelda battle. ^_^

Splice

Smash Hero
@AussieRob :
Oh see i dont normally take graphics into that much consideration, but with Twilight Princess it made the game so for it to be missing as much detail I didn't play it the same and it wasn't as much of an experience.

And yeah i guess i missed the whole "For its time" thing seeing as i played it in 2007-2008 lol (cant remember which year)

Yeah, a lot of people tossed Sunshine off as "You have to clean paint... off walls? No way" and Super Mario Galaxy got really good reception, from memory Sunshine got slightly above mediocre reception? :(

@Ellipsis: I think OoT is a better game just coz on every poll ever for Best Game of All time it wins and so thats like facts, and I can see why, although think if you throw out the "For it's time" factor, it might be less unchallenged?

Also, for Zelda Boss battles, I remember the one in Wind Waker, in the Forest Dungeon, there was a giant flower. I really enjoyed that.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
grinding people up in a room sized grinder as a bat to feed a giant vampire bat.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Zant would have been a great boss in Twilight Princess if you didn't have to change your inventory around like 10 times. =P

Ant1

Smash Ace
Moar favourite games of mine include.

Heroes of might and magic 2 demo (lol) Must've spent around 200 hours on this combined with my brother.
Bubsy (snes)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Hahah, Bubsy. I forgot about that one.

That game was pretty hard (I can't remember how, maybe it was a difficulty setting). Kirby's Dream Course was a fun game (for multiplayer anyway). I got told off along with my cousin for laughing so much (at like 3am) at some of the strange crap that happens on that game when you hit people into stuff.

Small things, small minds.... ^_^

Alzi

Smash Master
I might miss alot since i am just putting ones that come to my mind.

NES:
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario bros 2
Super Mario bros the lost levels
Super Mario bros 3 (Just awesome, Had everything in it can't wait for nsmb wii as it will be just the same)

SNES:
Super Mario RPG (So epic)
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario All stars
Donkey kong country
Donkey Kong country 2 (If you haven't played go play it now)
Donkey kong country 3
Super Mario Kart
Kid Clown in Crazy Chase
Link to the Past
Bubsy

N64
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Kart 64
Bomberman 64
OOT
MM
Jet force gemini
Super mario 64
Paper Mario 64
Lylat Wars
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Conkers Bad Fur day
Golden eye
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3

Gamecube
Wind Waker
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart Double Dash
Zelda collectors edition
Four sword adventures
Mario Party 4
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Melee

Wii
Super smash bros brawl
Super mario galaxy
Super Paper Mario
The conduit
Mario Kart wii
Little Kings Story
Twilight Princess
Wario Land Shake Dimension

Thats a few more. I should have more but just can't remeber. I might actually post all these in a word document so i can just paste them back in on any other forums that have the same thread.

Alzi

Smash Master
I've got most of them DJBrowny.

I also forgot to add some games aswell as the hand helds.

I LAG

Smash Lord
haven't read all the post but i haven't seen any gameboy games like pokemon, tetris, mariokart, fire emblem

dont forget about them

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Did i just read someone talking about how TP is so detailed_? WW was so much more detailed it isn't funny_ That game by far looks the most impressive and has the largest amount of detail of all the Zelda games_ From the constantly changing ocean, clouds, wind direction, blowing trees etc to getting out of the water and looking wet, water drops, water ripples, bomb blasts enemies exploding AH it all looked so ****ing amazing_

That game really stood out for me because of how much of a different experience it offered to the Zelda franchise_ <3 Toons_

Also Metroid Prime was a beautiful transition for the Metroid franchise_ Much akin to Mario's transition into 3D with Mario64, the change into FPS was something that actually added to the story and depth rather then take away from it_ Now i love Samus as a character (zamus excluded, sigh at making her so ****ing stereotypical and removing the mystique of never knowing what she looked like GG nintendo GG) and felt that this added to the games immersion overall_ The environments looked amazing and finally becoming Samus felt like something important_

The emphasis here is on franchises that still remain familiar but unique_The majority of the Nintendo franchise can be seen this way as the characters we all know and love get recreated into something that people can still enjoy whilst feeling somewhat familiar and recognizable_ The importance on whether a game or series is enjoyable is whether the company can also continue to make future experiences just as unique and fun without feeling like a completely different game altogether_

I use Mario 64, Zelda OOT and Metroid Prime as good examples of recreating a game experience that is unique but still familiar and creates a growing connection with it's players_ Probably rambling here so sorry if it doesn't make any sense_

Also lol at WoW_ You know Blizzard made a pact with Satan on that one_

Browny

Smash Hater
??

whats wrong with blizzard? They made an incredible game that deserves its title of best MMO and arguably best game.

Its not their fault the people that play the game turn into mindless drones, becoming detached from real life and are unable to quit because the game is more important than their actual life... :p

Alzi

Smash Master
unreon that game was one of my favourites when i was young. My childhood started with the snes and i had the most fun with it as i was growing up.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Kirby's Dream Course was a mad game, I loved it when you got the UFO power, it was so OP. Man so much fun with that game. Also I like Kirby's Ghost Trap, mainly because it was the first game I ever owned. Toy Story for the SNES was also pretty cool and quite hard back in the day.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yes!
Excellent!
Watch Out!
Here it comes!

Cool!
Alright!
Take that!
Massive!

Wario's Woods was a great puzzle game as well. Though the NES version was much better than the SNES remake. The NES one had bosses! >_>

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Sorry i forgot my most fav game of all time and the game iv played more then any other game ever lol.

Starsiege Tribes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ExmlQ1graw&feature=related
^^ 2 of my best mates feature in that movie. Its known as the best Tribes movie to date.

But onto Luke about good games post the awesome era of Snes/Sega/N64/PS1

1. Mario Galaxy
2. Viewtiful Joe
3. Phoenix Wright
4. SoulCalibur (dreamcast i know but still ***** and has left a huge impression on the game world)
5. Grand Theft Auto 3/VC/SA/4 (im not the biggest fan but you cant deny that you got suckered into at least one of these games)

Vlade

Social Outcast
My favourites, which have probably already been listed (no particular order):

Windwaker
Star Ocean 2
OoT
Majora's Mask
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
FF7
FF8
Ace Attorney Series
Golden Sun 1 + 2
Earthbound
Mother 3
Pretty much all the pokemon games :3
Chrono Trigger (haven't played cross :()
Brawl/Melee
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (my first traditional fighter lol)

Playing right now but really enjoying:

Dragon Quest IX
SF4 (gonna actually learn when I get an arcade stick, keyboard is annoying)
Lufia II (yes I'm slow)
Tales of Symphonia (ditto)

There are probably other games which I've missed but those are really the faves of mine that come to mind.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
I might miss alot since i am just putting ones that come to my mind.

SNES:
Super Mario World
Megaman X
Super Mario All stars
Donkey kong country
Donkey Kong country 2 (If you haven't played go play it now)
Donkey kong country 3
Super Mario Kart

N64
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Kart 64
Bomberman 64
Super mario 64
Paper Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Yoshi's Story or something
Diddy Kong Racing

Xbox

Halo 1&2 8D

Gameboy Colour/Advance/DS

All Fire Emblem and Pokemon games
Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Metroid Prime Hunters
That mario RPG thing on GBA

PSOne

Ape Escape

Crash Bandicoot and Spyro series

Crash Team Racing

Final Fantasy series on PSOne

Wild Arms

Wii
Super smash bros brawl
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime

Thats a few more. I should have more but just can't remeber. I might actually post all these in a word document so i can just paste them back in on any other forums that have the same thread.
His list was like mine, I had to fix some stuff up though and added/took out stuff that he hasn't played/I haven't played.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Did i just read someone talking about how TP is so detailed_? WW was so much more detailed it isn't funny_ That game by far looks the most impressive and has the largest amount of detail of all the Zelda games_ From the constantly changing ocean, clouds, wind direction, blowing trees etc to getting out of the water and looking wet, water drops, water ripples, bomb blasts enemies exploding AH it all looked so ****ing amazing_
Obviously never played Majora's Mask.

Although if we're talking strictly graphical detail, I'd have to agree.

Top Bottom