• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Pikmin?

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I have an order of personal favorites: Red>Yellow>Blue>Purple>White. I hate whites so much! They die waay to quickly (or I might just not take good care of em), are weak, mess up some combos and kills, and do minimum damage for hits. They're just an overall burden...

PKlucas84

Smash Cadet
I have an order of personal favorites: Red>Yellow>Blue>Purple>White. I hate whites so much! They die waay to quickly (or I might just not take good care of em), are weak, mess up some combos and kills, and do minimum damage for hits. They're just an overall burden...
i respect yur opinion but i must say(and hav been saying) the white and purple pikmin are the best.And thats the truth:)

Excellence

Smash Champion
i respect yur opinion but i must say(and hav been saying) the white and purple pikmin are the best.And thats the truth:)
Your pretty wrong with what you just said. The Purple Pikmin is the worst, it's the Link of the bunch. Yellow are the best.

Yellow Pikmin: These are the best, because they arc, they can hit opponents in the air, as well as on the ground. They can block most projectiles this way too. When used in combos, they have a sort of static effect. When they hit something, not only does it get stunned, but it delays the next movement. They're useful for everything, and they are the best, hands down.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Let me correct you all with non-tier bull-****. No Pikmin is the best, they are all good for something... see what I did there? I pulled a "Tires Don Exist" on you guys. White are good for latching, but they die too fast. Blue are good for grabs, Red for aerials, Yellow for everything, and Purple for...uhm Spacing maybe?

By the way, the title is 'Favorite Pikmin?" not "Lets flame about which is the best" so stop arguing which is best :urg: Anyway after playing Pikmin 2 extensively my new favorite is Purple, because when thrown on a small enemy they wrestle them down :laugh: and they have hair.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Let me correct you all with non-tier bull-****. No Pikmin is the best, they are all good for something... see what I did there? I pulled a "Tires Don Exist" on you guys. " Yellow for everything"
I see someone likes yellow.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Meaning yellow are for generally everything, they don't excel in any area like the other Pikmin and are just average. Which is why they are for *generally* everything.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
y'all, quit whinning. It doesn't matter which is "the best". What matters is if we could replicate whistle sliding.

Zori

Smash Champion
ugh I hate these topics, how come topics with substance get like 5 views but topics like this and 'why do you main olimar' 'wut is your favorite color pikmin' 'wut is the strongest pikmin' get like 5 pages of bs like dangr said we can be on the verge of game breaking stuff for olimar yet you want to know what peoples favorite pikmin is -_- where does that get us.

All pikmin has advantages and disadvantages but they are all equal is used correctly. no more post please.

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
Well, seeing as this is a question of your favorite (not the best), I guess I'd go with either the Yellows or the Whites. I personally like all the Pikmin, but I have a soft spot for those two types. In terms of Brawl preferences, I'd measure them like this- 1. Red, White. 2. Blue, Yellow. 3. Purple.
Sorry, the purples can get pretty annoying with my playstyle. Heh...

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Blue and Yellow. Blue dooesn't die in the water on Delfino, and Yellow is just hands down good.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Well, I'm going to stress that Yellow Pikmin are the best for something. When you try a Forward Air which Pikmin never fails to hit unless your ridiculously miss timing and out of range - yellow. It's useful for everything which means plucking it never really hurts you.

I'd have to say my favorite Pikmin are Yellow and White. I hate plucking White, but I just like them for whatever reason. I can't really tell why. Yellow are so useful and they've won so many matches for me, so I like them too.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
This thread is called "Favorite Pikmin" not "Best Pikmin." My personal favorite is Purple. Strong smashes. aerials, upthrow is a ko move and can be used as a basic projectile to knock edgeguarding opponents or for spacing. I'm not saying that purple are th best, just that for what they can do I like them.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
err...sorry i bumped this thread with that funny video. >_> It made me laugh pretty hard.

Peck

Smash Apprentice
Purple pikm'in-I also call them the dark Pikmin becayse sometimes I see a dark aura thing around the purple pikmn.

SilverSonic101

Smash Cadet
The white Pikmin do the purple aura-ish attacks. The purple Pikmin just hit the opponent. (Sideb in Brawl using Olimar)

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
I love my White poison pikmin! Don't know why!!!!! And come someone Pm me telling me what the blue do best?

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
If you're talking Pikmin from the game Pikmin 2, then Purples are easily the best. If you're talking about Pikmin in Brawl, I like the Blue ones the most. But it is quite fun to do up throws with Purples. Their weight sends people flying!

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
If you're talking Pikmin from the game Pikmin 2, then Purples are easily the best. If you're talking about Pikmin in Brawl, I like the Blue ones the most. But it is quite fun to do up throws with Purples. Their weight sends people flying!
So true, and so right. I still like Purple Pikmin a lot in Brawl.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I like white 4 smashs. I always play protoman n hes quite dangerous with any other color. He knows exactly what to with every color for maximum capabilities

Killress

Smash Ace
Dead pikmin.

On a serious note, My favorites are the yellow. They are basically good for everything, have elemental damage, AND are freaking cute.

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Blue FTW! Any time I grab someone with one of those little guys when they're over 150%, and I can just say "goodbye" and bthrow, and they're dead :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i dont use the pikmin. nair and tilts all the way!! jk

i prefer the yellows probably, but that's mainly because i face pikachus alot... but i'd probably have to say blue would be my favorite due to back throw. reds alright too i guess...i only use purple and white with >B though, so i dont like them so much.

GuyWhoFry!

Smash Rookie
*off topic*

I love -Hilt-'s sig. How'd ya get that? I...want it! (please)
Lol, yeah...it's awesome. Although, yours made me laugh the first time I read it.

Personally, though, I ended up quitting Olly for a month or so because of the White and Purples, then I tried him again and they are now my faves. I love how the Whites catch people off guard and set up combos off smashes that, at the damage I use them, wouldn't usually kill but the combo afterwards does :) (If that makes sense :psycho:)

The Purples are awesome because, well...they're just so...FAT, lol. :psycho:

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
This thread is called "Favorite Pikmin" not "Best Pikmin." My personal favorite is Purple. Strong smashes. aerials, upthrow is a ko move and can be used as a basic projectile to knock edgeguarding opponents or for spacing. I'm not saying that purple are th best, just that for what they can do I like them.
I'm glad someone else likes Purple Pikmin. I like their pubical hair :laugh:

Top Bottom