• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Pikmin?

Excellence

Smash Champion
I've said it once and I'll say it again, Blue and Yellow Pikmin are my favorite. I toss Purples off the stage to their death, even going out of my way to make sure they die and can't come back when I whistle my line-up. I hate them more than any other color, because they ALWAYS fail me in an intense moment. All other colors (White and Red) are on neutral grounds with me.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I've said it once and I'll say it again, Blue and Yellow Pikmin are my favorite. I toss Purples off the stage to their death, even going out of my way to make sure they die and can't come back when I whistle my line-up. I hate them more than any other color, because they ALWAYS fail me in an intense moment. All other colors (White and Red) are on neutral grounds with me.
:(:(:(
At least use Purple Pikmin as projectiles....

Snail

Smash Lord
I love the Purples. They disrupt approaches, recoveries, kill at crazy low percentages with Usmash, they stage-spike, annoy opponents, kill with throws... <3

I dislike whites though. They're always in the way when I try to upsmash an opponent and end up not killing him because of a freaking white. Sometimes I have like 3 whites in my line... I just go out of my way to throw them off the stage >_<

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I love the Purples. They disrupt approaches, recoveries, kill at crazy low percentages with Usmash, they stage-spike, annoy opponents, kill with throws... <3

I dislike whites though. They're always in the way when I try to upsmash an opponent and end up not killing him because of a freaking white. Sometimes I have like 3 whites in my line... I just go out of my way to throw them off the stage >_<
Aww! You hate whites! Whites are excellent for grab pummeling (4% damage) and for throwing. And boy, do they find hidden treasures for you in Pikmin 2! :chuckle:

Snail

Smash Lord
Aww! You hate whites! Whites are excellent for grab pummeling (4% damage) and for throwing. And boy, do they find hidden treasures for you in Pikmin 2! :chuckle:
They're amazing in Pikmin 2, I agree ^__^

Whites are good as long as you see them coming, but sometimes in the heat of the battle you can't pay close attention to your line and then when your opponent finally makes a mistake, you run in, upsmash and... see them flying a pathetic distance because of that stupid white pikmin. >_< I've had it so many times. I also seem to get a lot of whites... more than I should. One white in your line is okay, but more than one is really annoying in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't hate them - I just prefer other colour Pikmin over a white most of the time...

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
They're amazing in Pikmin 2, I agree ^__^

Whites are good as long as you see them coming, but sometimes in the heat of the battle you can't pay close attention to your line and then when your opponent finally makes a mistake, you run in, upsmash and... see them flying a pathetic distance because of that stupid white pikmin. >_< I've had it so many times. I also seem to get a lot of whites... more than I should. One white in your line is okay, but more than one is really annoying in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't hate them - I just prefer other colour Pikmin over a white most of the time...
Ah...fair enough. Well when I play, I make sure that I whistle once in a while to arrange my Pikmin. By doing this there is a very small chance of having a White Pikmin in your line.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Yeah I should try that... Thanks for the tip ^^
No problem. Also, when you've KO'ed your opponent, just spend a few seconds running along the stage to see your Pikmin Line. :)

I would! If they weren't telegraphed. A lot of people see those purple blobs flying through the air, spot dodge and keep on running to get grabbed.
That's why they are best used as projectiles when you've knocked your opponent off the stage. :)

Top Bottom