• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime Swordfighter in Smash Ultimate?

Oddball

Smash Lord
Cloud, then Link, then the other Link, then the other other Link.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Does Link count? If so, Link. But I guess of the more traditional ones that only use sword moves, I kind of like Roy. I think he should have been in Brawl instead of Marth.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Anime is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Robin, but I'm sure most people would categorize him as such.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anime is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Robin, but I'm sure most people would categorize him as such.
"Seinen-esque"? Awakening generally has a more down-to-earth design approach.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, if I'm going to answer it seriously, it's Robin, but Shulk, Lucina and Ike are close seconds. (though in terms of game-play, I'm only good at Robin)

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Oh, I totally forgot that Isaac is in this game. And he doesn't even use his sword at all! Let's go with him.

Caiahar

Smash Rookie
:ultkingdedede:: Best anime character, and best sword wielder.
Masked Dedede might as well be able to turn his hammer into a damn sword with how much tech he’s put in it lmao.

And did you see him just snatch that axe in Triple Deluxe? Granted, that wasn’t exactly him doing it and it’s not a sword but still.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ike. He's the first original FE character after Marth. I would say Link, but he's more of an all-around character.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Link for me. Been one of my all time favorite characters for years now... even though he doesn't really have much character, but for me, I kinda like blank characters like Link.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
All of you failed to realize the unlimited popopotential that is
Kirby-jump.png

He can copy the sword skills of all the other anime swashbuckling protags
and look adorable whilst doing it.

Clearly he's the superior Swordsman in Smash, no debating.

Parallelo

Golden Boy
Switch FC
SW-1049 6345 7512
Isaac :bee:

But of the playable characters its gotta be Roy.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Main::ultlink:
Also a Main but not as Main::ultcloud:
Also a Main but not as Main as the other Main::ultroy:
Secondary::ultike:
Also a Secondary::ultlucina:
Might use often::ultyounglink:
Might also use often::ultchrom:
Characters who kinda use a sword: :ultganondorf::ultgreninja:
Characters who used a sword in other games but not in Smash: :ultzelda:
Never use: :ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultmarth::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultmetaknight::ultshulk::ultmiifighters:

Yes, I consider the Pit's sword characters...and I guess Meta Knight is still anime?

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
The only anime young boy character who i dont find bland or a waste of rosterspot is Roy.

His design is really good, his armor is blue and awesome, and i like his red cape. His swordattack packs power and goes fullflame when hes all powered up. His whole design makes me think about those classic late 80s-early 90s anime sword heroes you saw on covers, this is why i think he fits on the roster well.

The rest, oh boy. Id rather have the third-party characters Heihachi Mishima, Akuma and Yoshimitsu over Robin, Lucina and Corrin.. Or maybe the Contra duo and James Bond from Nintendo 64 Classic on the roster..

Last edited:
Top Bottom