• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 Results/Shoutouts Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLake

Smash Master
OK this arguing has to stop.

Look, I know that it's unfair what happened, there's no excuse for what I did, taking from the pot to cover my own mistakes is unforgivable and it's something that I feel really bad about. I appreciate the fact that some are arguing in my defense, but unfortunately you can't argue the facts. I would have gladly paid from my own pocket had I the funds to cover it, but the truth is that I had to make a decision right away, based on the terms of the contract I signed, I had to have the venue left in exactly the same condition as it was left in, so that xbox had to be replaced before I left the YMCA. I faxed the contract to my lawyer to see if he could help, but unfortunately I was forced to replace the materials stolen in full immediately. I tried to negotiate a schedule (so that I could pay it little by little), but they wanted the whole thing up front, and I did what I had to to avoid a legal fiasco.

I guess I said all that because I didn't want people to at least try and see that I didn't just give up, I tried to work around it but I couldn't afford it. It's not like we just sat down and said "Oh well the big winners already made a profit, so what's the difference?"And yes, I could've killed my credit and taken out a loan that I would never be able to pay back on time, but I didn't feel like that was worth it, and if it makes me a bad person, then so be it.

Also, people shouldn't just say "Oh well it's ok cause he made money get over it" because that's just not an appropriate attitude, the fact is some people spent hundreds of dollars and traveled thousands of miles for this, and you can't discredit them. Just because someone made a lot of money doesn't mean they don't deserve to get less than they should only because they already have a lot. That's not right. Having fun at a tournament is important, but never to the point that people should lose the money they deserve.

Finally, just because that money was taken then doesn't mean it's gone forever. I have every intention of paying that full $626 to the winners when I can, I still don't have a job yet, but after I start working I will make sure that each person who lost money will get it back.

So to all the winners, I'm sorry I let you down, especially Mew2King, it was a tough decision, but at the time it was what I thought was the best decision.
Get this man a medal. Your the freakin man, I want you to host any tourneys i ever want to hold (Which is coming soon people ;) awww yeah) seriously.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
jason its cool if you think of me as a theif. im black so i do steal everything i can. matter of fact I took ur Wii @ that tourney I didn't attend. and that money in philly you lost I was invisible on the train. I also was disguised @ pound 3. I stole 1st place from you too.

thx frames for saying something. i was waiting.

Kevin i was not trolling you. I just saw the situation differently than you. its also why i shouldnt be a tourney host ever. w/e we agree to disagree like always im getting used to the routine.

seems like his thread can end now. unless hungry[box] keeps it alive like how hes doin GA tourney thread

chao
i really dont see why the discussion about the 360 is still being talked about. its retarted really. lemme get one thing straight before i comment, was m2k the only one who lost money from the loss of the 360? or was it taken out as a whole.

bottom line, m2k was supposed to receive x amount of dollars
m2k is receiving x amount - 360 amount

in the aim convo m2k posted a couple posts back, he even said it himself
"zordrun (6:56:26 PM): i said i would be responsible no matter what"

he should be held responsible then, not m2k.

as a tourney director, you have to make sure stuff like this does not happen. b/c guess what, it all ends up on you.

you should have checked to see if the door was locked, and if it wasnt, then you get someone to lock it

if m2k wasnt the only one who had money taken from him (and it was taken from the overall pot), its unfair to everyone. its better than having it just taken from m2k, but since the ymca received money as a venue fee for this, if they need their xbox back so much, then they should use some of that money to get it.

idk how it should be dealt with per say, but m2k should not have to pay for it.
we'll just hold it at my house next time, if anyone steals anything I'll just stab you.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Out of his pockets? Please word that ******** sentence alittle better, he MADE 1000 from spending 60 (on tourney entrance fees), he didnt technically "lose" anything.
You get what you work for. Except m2k.

No.

No it's not words it's your repeated attitude and disrespect, it's you as a person that pisses me off every time, and that's just the way it is so SERIOUSLY I'm not ****ing around, if you're gonna tell me to eat your *** then you better be prepared to make me next time we're in the same room.
Attitude and disrespect? Why the **** should anyone respect you? What have you done to earn the respect of anyone? All you have done for the last 6 months has been piss and ****ing moan. You owe ME the respect. I have the right to brag as anyone else, but for some reason, you came at me for it. Stop this bull**** I'm gonna fight you ****. You're gonna get yourself stuck in a hole you won't be able to get out of.

Scar

#HarveyDent
That's where we are right now so just seriously quit it right now, I don't owe you **** son, I earned my place at the top of the Melee community and you WERE a big deal in Brawl and we'll see if that sticks, and honestly I don't care either way, you'll fall back to nobody status as you did in Melee.

That's some SMASH talk, if you wanna bring personal **** into then that's your business but I'm just saying that I have never had less respect for any person in my entire life and don't tell me to stop saying what I'm saying.

I said I'd beat the **** out of you if you come at me and that's what I'm saying, if you're not comfortable with it then shut your ****in mouth.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
jason its cool if you think of me as a theif. im black so i do steal everything i can. matter of fact I took ur Wii @ that tourney I didn't attend. and that money in philly you lost I was invisible on the train. I also was disguised @ pound 3. I stole 1st place from you too.
Omg, ROFL, Swift, 2good. I miss you guys. I still haven't done shout outs, I'm so ****ing lazy sometimes.

you guys are STILL missing the point

IT'S

ABOUT

FAIRNESS

WHICH THIS IS NOT

O ****, I CAN PAY FOR IT NOW, THAT MEANS THAT'S A GOOD ANSWER

Swift your argument SUCKS ***, you're saying I should pay for it cuz I CAN. What GREAT logic. Hey Bill Gates, give me some of your money, because you are capable of doing it. Like, I obviously don't deserve it at all since it's for no good reason cept that I want it (which isn't a good reason), but you're capable of it, so do it. I don't mind loaning money but taking it from us from someone else's doing is not the fair thing to do.

You're entire argument is that it's best for him, which is correct

WOW GOOD ****, IT'S BEST FOR YOU

WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

THAT MAKES IT THE BEST THING TO DO

minus respect for both of you

GUESS WHAT, I WORKED TO GET GOOD, I DESERVE EVERY PENNY I MAKE, BUT I ALWAYS GET SCREWED REGARDLESS LIKE HALF THE TIME WITH SOMETHING

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=429598247

what about years down the road, what if I'm financially in trouble in the future, or would like to use my money on something. OH BUT WAIT, I can't pay for it then. Hmmmmm, it's really FAIR to take money out of the promised people's winnings. Who cares about now, my life is going to be long, it is going to affect something in my life at some point. Even if it doesn't, it's still not fair at all.

I remember when this tourney was like, "14,000 dollar pot" or something, hyped up like that. That's called false advertising. I can understand the venue fee, but not making the winners pay for something they aren't responsibile for. If we had to choose between Frames or us, it's more Frames responsibility.

He should at least pay like half, or whoever was in charge of the xbox's should pay, and we can pay the other half. AT LEAST THAT'S KIND OF FAIR

In fact, you should check if there's security cameras or something or call the police to get the xbox's back

I like frames as a person, but not what he's doing

once again, it's not about the money, it's about the fairness

I am not dropping this argument, because I am right
You sound like a Republican right there, I like it.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Double post because this deserves it:

Festizzio is the man

The ****ING man.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
That's where we are right now so just seriously quit it right now, I don't owe you **** son, I earned my place at the top of the Melee community and you WERE a big deal in Brawl and we'll see if that sticks, and honestly I don't care either way, you'll fall back to nobody status as you did in Melee.

That's some SMASH talk, if you wanna bring personal **** into then that's your business but I'm just saying that I have never had less respect for any person in my entire life and don't tell me to stop saying what I'm saying.

I said I'd beat the **** out of you if you come at me and that's what I'm saying, if you're not comfortable with it then shut your ****in mouth.
Earned your place, what now? half the melee scene doesn't even know who you are. **** man, you think I'm cocky? You should really listen to yourself. This whole **** is based off you ranting about brawl's competitive value. (which has been squashed)

You started this personal **** long ago. Stop saying **** if you want it dropped?

And you're gonna beat my ***, huh? I wouldn't count your chickens, kid.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I actually checked back to see how it started.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4247460#post4247460

All he says here that he dislikes about you is that you bragged, which is undeniable. See next two posts.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4111963&postcount=99

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4112042&postcount=100

**** talking HugS DAYS into Brawl's release in the USA and saying how you went "everywhere" winning when you imported the game like 2 days after it came out in Japan....that's epic fail.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4249405&postcount=1701

Your post was significantly more insulting.
thx Spam for pointing out how I did not start this, an entire post that DM apparently just didn't read.

Also DM you have no idea what's going on in the Melee scene same as I have no idea what's going on in Brawl, but if you care to check, no, actually, very many people in the scene know who I am and it doesn't bother me that other people don't. When they play me in tourney (if they ever do) they'll find out.

And yeah I'm cocky, one of the cockiest players in the game but I haven't placed outside of top 4 in the past 3 or 4 months and II took notes from G-reg and basically every other EC Falcon main worth talking about. At this point I don't think too many people would put me on a level below Hax and G-Reg, I'm one of the only notable Falcon mains on the east coast.

and wtf do you mean count your chickens? Remember how this all started? You unprovokedly called me a girl. Then you put in your thread that I had acne, and very recently made a bad-breath crack. What do you have a team of 3rd graders feeding you your insults?

Just stfu. No, I didn't start this, all of the things above were by far more provocative than anything I've said. And idc who has your back I'd be fine getting jumped and getting the **** kicked out of me for a chance to just slug you in your ****in face.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Scar's so popular its gay. I made a video thread from smashtality featuring m2k myself wife and others. Then right under scar puts a thread with his vids from smashtality and got like 4000 more views/replies. <_______<

GOTM

Smash Champion
dm im 100% he aint mad about brawl/melee debates and arguments. hes mad because you always bring smash topics to a personal level. thats what pisses people off, thats what drives me and him crazy.

im fine with dropping ****, because its ******** to argue on these boards, and its definitely a waste of my time, im just trying to get you to understand why people are getting pissy.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Scar lost a tourny set to a Bowser and got fourstocked by LK in tourny. :)

<3

I agree that Frames should be able to take from the pot to cover the loss of the 360. That's what I would do.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well gee, if inui would do it...

anyways, it seems like everyone here on the WC knows who scar is, even though he hasn't traveled. I have no idea why they know him, but he's pretty **** famous

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
inui you're an idiot, if he's the one who said he's responsible, he should do it

(actually whoever was in charge of it should do it, the guards for it or whatever)

of COURSE you would take from the pot, you care about money too much, so it doesn't affect you there does it. That sure makes it "the right thing to do". Oh wait, no, no not at all. The argument for this is over anyway, don't try to bring it back up for no reason >_>

Inui

Banned via Warnings
inui you're an idiot, if he's the one who said he's responsible, he should do it

(actually whoever was in charge of it should do it, the guards for it or whatever)

of COURSE you would take from the pot, you care about money too much, so it doesn't affect you there does it. That sure makes it "the right thing to do". Oh wait, no, no not at all. The argument for this is over anyway, don't try to bring it back up for no reason >_>
You're so mean, Jason! :(

There's something you seem to be missing. Frames can't afford to pay for it himself. He probably has financial responsibilities, something you can't even fathom yet with your gigantic savings account and your mother taking care of you. I care about money for the same reasons anyone with financial responsibilities would. You don't have to almost always buy your own food and pay your own bills, do you?

Frames is taking a small amount from each player to pay for the loss. He worked hard to host a great tournament for us. Give him a break.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
that's not the point at ALL

the better players get punished worse, and that's stupid

and most importantly it's not our responsibility, at ALL

we already went over everything in a big post that I made

years down the road, what if I don't have a good job or successful career? I could sure use that money at that time. Regardless of if I do or not, it's about fairness, and Frames already said he'd pay us back eventually, which I think is a very good/responsible thing to do, even though the person in charge of guarding the safe or whatever should really pay the price. I've been screwed enough w/ money instances in the past 2 years, I'm tired of it, and any instances where something I believe is unfair arises, I will say something.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I just wish forward tilt wasnt so godly, and could be shielded by some type of colored bubble. Why didnt the developers think of a way to stop the godly forward tilt.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i thought we were gonna drop this...and stop forward tilting afro, you know that me u and chopz do enough of it for all the snakes in america, don't waste the power of the f tilt by using it on smashboards, wait i just got an idea;)...how about we f tilt this thread so this argument will end :laugh:

pockyD

Smash Legend
Frames is taking a small amount from each player to pay for the loss. He worked hard to host a great tournament for us. Give him a break.
No, he's not. He's taking a large amount from the top 3-5 players. Well, in reality he's stepping up and taking it on, but for the sake of your argument, he's just taking money from the winners, not from everybody. That's what would be unfair.

Frames

DI
omg i can't believe there's still a discussion about this

i took it cause i had to, but that doesn't make it right

i said i would pay it back anyway

so yea...............talk about something else LOL

edit - afro ur an idiot for thinking anything can stop the almighty foward tilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom