• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

Frames

DI
I would like to remind everyone (mostly the oos'ers) that during FAST 1, there will be a camera crew filming for a documentary about competitive smash. FL already met them at the last gigs, but they will be at FAST, so I wanted to make everyone aware in case you didn't know who they were or what they were doing.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
oh god I was just gonna make a post about camera action

may i humbly ask whether or not we're doing something for the top 32. You know something along the lines of this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_iO1WvDPik

I know that pound 3 was supposed to have something like this, but we got behind schedule etc etc. If someone isn't doing any for top 32 I will. I would like to gather top 32 and take pictures at least.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, SwiftBass, that'd be awesome if we can.

Also, there's a decent chance that the Orlando Sentinal will be reporting the event too. : D

Eggm

Smash Hero
I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY MELEE IN FL FOR 4 DAYS!!! I bought soo many blank tapes for the brawl days I'm camping my vcr setup for melee hard I want to record with everyone!! I'll make my combo vid after with all the new footage and the old footage. :) C-ya all Thursday!! can't wait.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Edit : Chaddd/ESAM I want melee MM"s. Any amount vs my falco whatever character you want to play.
Deal. We'll discuss it at the venue.

Also, I want to money match The Eternal Grandma. You know, to answer that question from earlier: 'why chaddddddddddd?'.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY MELEE IN FL FOR 4 DAYS!!! I bought soo many blank tapes for the brawl days I'm camping my vcr setup for melee hard I want to record with everyone!! I'll make my combo vid after with all the new footage and the old footage. :) C-ya all Thursday!! can't wait.
You know I'm working on my mindgame combo video too, lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might need a good brawl teammate...**** happened >_<.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I might need a good brawl teammate...**** happened >_<.
I'm definitely a great brawl teammate and I'll team with you Hylian, lol.

As for my melee teammate, my fault Dark Sonic but we can't team. At the huge melee tournament that just passed in Georgia, PB&J told me that he wanted to team with me for the next major melee tournament, which is this one. He's always wanted to team with me, lol. He also tried calling me a number of times when I was posting in this thread about looking for a melee teammate. The thing about that is Bum gave him the wrong number like a noob, lol. I'm also an idiot in forgetting about teaming with PB&J for this. So I hope you understand and don't think I'm just ditching you.

As for Soft, I wasn't being a b*tch in not wanting to team with you when you asked me a long time ago. Why wouldn't I wanna team with you? Your Jigglypuff is mad cute, lol. I had to give my crew mates first priority and I had a teammate. Then just recently, my crew mate couldn't go. Regardless, I forgot that PB&J asked me to team with him and I completely forgot about you as well. Although, PB&J asked me first. Even if my crew mate was gonna come with me to FAST, he was still gonna be covered regardless and have a partner since I'm initially supposed to be teaming with PB&J. My fault about all that son.

BossMagnet

Smash Apprentice
oh god I was just gonna make a post about camera action

may i humbly ask whether or not we're doing something for the top 32. You know something along the lines of this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_iO1WvDPik

I know that pound 3 was supposed to have something like this, but we got behind schedule etc etc. If someone isn't doing any for top 32 I will. I would like to gather top 32 and take pictures at least.
I am going to be taking pictures and video like crazy. If you guys cooperate, we can get some awesome group pictures. Regardless of whatever camera crew is there, I wanted to do some taping of matches (of course) but also of people and interviews and stuff. SO, if you see the girl with the cameras, pose for a picture!!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I am going to be taking pictures and video like crazy. If you guys cooperate, we can get some awesome group pictures. Regardless of whatever camera crew is there, I wanted to do some taping of matches (of course) but also of people and interviews and stuff. SO, if you see the girl with the cameras, pose for a picture!!
thats what im talkin about. Good ****. Ima do my best to rally folks for pics when top 32 comes around whether in there or not.(yea right im up in there son)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Don't be hatin'. :pimp:

Just kidding.

Anyone want to money match at this thing?
Sure, 5$ Samus Ganon in melee.

good deal. $5 it is :)
I assume you will bring a copy of the game yes?

Edit : Chaddd/ESAM I want melee MM"s. Any amount vs my falco whatever character you want to play.
K. 5$ Falco Samus.

ESAM, want to do a melee MM too?

My Marth vs. whoever. $2.00?
Your on, 2$ Marth Samus.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Man, I was too lazy and didn't register on time! =(

Maybe the next tournament, then. I just can't believe I missed this since I'll actually be in Orlando this weekend. =/

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am leaving early Tuesday.

I will try and get the best partner available for brawl. If I get someone as good as I am we will place very high assuming you are good at teams :). Sethlon and I planned on getting top 10 at least :(. But Roy_R and Sethlon can't go. I almost didn't make it since our ride bailed, but I found one because I am lucky as ****.

So yeah, Find me during the melee days ect if you want to team with me so we can play and I can decide.

Some names I am thinking about:

Reflex
Afro_Thundah
NoJ
Lee Martin

Meh. If you play me and go about even with me I will team with you :). That goes out to anyone :).

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm definitely gonna try out for that spot to be your teammate, Hylian. I love teams and I'm mad good at it. If we team, I know for sure we'll make it mad far. Not even, we'll win lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm definitely gonna try out for that spot to be your teammate, Hylian. I love teams and I'm mad good at it. If we team, I know for sure we'll make it mad far. Not even, we'll win lol.
Then I will certainly remember to play you :). Still not saying anything is certain haha. I am also mad good at teams though :). You play D3 right?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Maybe I could try out to be your partner, too? >.>

Hm, so I can still register? Good.

I have to be there Thursday. This may present some sort of a problem to me, though. Technically, I'm not supposed to leave until Friday...

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Then I will certainly remember to play you :). Still not saying anything is certain haha. I am also mad good at teams though :). You play D3 right?
Yeah, Dedede is one of my mains, along with Ike and Mario. Although, my top mains are of course Bowser and the super sexy Lucario lol.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Maybe I could try out to be your partner, too? >.>

Hm, so I can still register? Good.

I have to be there Thursday. This may present some sort of a problem to me, though. Technically, I'm not supposed to leave until Friday...
Just to clarify something, you can register for any tournament the day of the actual tournament.

We would prefer that everybody register on Thursday, but we are in no way restricting registration to only that day. If you can only be here for Brawl singles, come on Sunday morning and register...stuff like that.

EDIT

Just to point this out, registration is not over...just online reg. People who didn't pre-reg can still come and enter the day of. I know this seems obvious, but you never know.
Kevin, you may want to take the "registration has ended" thing out of the title just to avoid unnecessary confusion.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I am leaving early Tuesday.

I will try and get the best partner available for brawl. If I get someone as good as I am we will place very high assuming you are good at teams :). Sethlon and I planned on getting top 10 at least :(. But Roy_R and Sethlon can't go. I almost didn't make it since our ride bailed, but I found one because I am lucky as ****.

So yeah, Find me during the melee days ect if you want to team with me so we can play and I can decide.

Some names I am thinking about:

Reflex
Afro_Thundah
NoJ
Lee Martin

Meh. If you play me and go about even with me I will team with you :). That goes out to anyone :).
Hylian, I wasn't asking you to consider NoJ, I was asking you to consider ME on the chance that NoJ couldn't get a ride to FAST1 :). Me and him are supposed to team. We teamed at a tournament last Sunday and didn't lose a single match!

But yea, I will definitely play you, and you can tell me what you think. I've never played against an Ice Climbers player before.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oops lol.

Also, I use G&W/Falco in teams.

IC's suck in teams >_>...

Top Bottom