• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Florida's Awesome Summer Tourney - July 17-20, 2008 (Register Online NOW!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

derf

Smash Ace
dang shai you guys need to chill out. im sort of on your side on this argument, but this tourney needs hype not flaming

dont you guys realize all the arguing hurts this tourney's legitimacy?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Haha...

You guys are too cool. Why wouldn't I want to hang out with you guys?

I think C@sh is the only one that thought "Oh, Overswarm said he wasn't going to go and posted his reasoning and then replied to posts directed to him" and just said "aw, come on, you'll miss out buddy".

Everyone else is just furiously tapping away on their keyboard.

I say this:

I don't hate Melee. Melee is an awesome game. It's just that I've seen the evolution of games go half a dozen times before, and the people that hang back always have this rag-tag community ala street fighter that, while playing a fun game, have no real community at all after a decent amount of time.

Knowing that, I'm just done with Melee. I'll stick with Brawl, get good at that, and then I'll be ahead of the game. Remember how infuriating it was going to tournaments for Melee when EVERYONE was leagues ahead of you? That'll never happen to me in Brawl. That's a good feeling.

But no, I don't hate Melee. Anyone that hates Melee is stupid. I do like Brawl better, but can see how someone would like Melee more. I just don't see the point of playing it if you're going for competition; the money is and will continue to flow towards Brawl. But if you're just playing for fun, go for it.
and the response is:
Your completely wrong.
ill run circles around you in melee and brawl.
I respond to this by correcting his grammar, and I'm the tool?

Also Shai, you should do some more research into writing. Standard usage is much different than standard grammar, and style dictates more of what you "should" or "should not" do than actual grammar does. I use comma splices frequently, often because of the automatic pause that people associate with it, which allows me to get a specific "flow" to what I write rather than a wall of text that is read differently by everyone. I know full well when I make a grammatical error (okay, admittedly I did miss one or two that you posted); my intent on fixing Linguini's post was not actually to fix his grammar nor to teach him the English language. It was because there was no possible response to his statement. He posted like a tool, so I just hand out troll bait and get a few lulz. Why not? Angry people are funny, like apparently most of the people in this thread.

Regardless, again, I don't plan on coming. Not only is it too far, but the company just seems to be the bad kind. So, as was originally intended by my original "not coming" post, take me off the list in the first post. Good luck on your tournament.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Not only is it too far, but the company just seems to be the bad kind.

You can have your reasons for not coming...all of them are valid, except this one.

Please don't generalize the region on some of the people who post. I actually haven't read back far enough to see who was posting...so i don't mean to offend anybody... but Central FL is known for it's amazing community. I mean, I understand you don't know that from experience, but trust me...the vast majority of us are really chill guys...and we don't post a lot. hehe.

anyways, no offense meant to anybody involved here...just wanted to point that out

And back on topic, this tourney's gonna be SICK. hype hype

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
The company seems bad???

WTF does that mean???

Anywho, I hope Frames can find a venue!!!

:colorful:
I think it means Overswarm doesn't like being called on his bull****. And Overswarm, good job on condemning an entire region based on a couple people not sucking your ****. Incidentally, I have nothing to do with the Florida Smash community, so your generalization is ridiculous. Orlando is just as far from me (almost) as you. Also, your assumption that I'm angry is ridiculous, as is your assumption that forum behavior dictates interpersonal behavior. Just because you act like a tool online (and so do I, admittedly) doesn't mean we wouldn't get along in person.

On topic. Who wants MMS?

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
GEORGE ZIMMER said:
FLORIDA IS THE ****. IT HAS THE BEST COMMUNITY OUT OF ANY OTHER GAMING COMMUNITY AND HAS AMAZING MEMBERS. WHAT OTHER SMASH COMMUNITY GOES TO DENNY'S AFTER EVERY EVENT? EXACTLY. COMING TO THIS EVENT WOULD BE AN AMAZING CHOICE. I GUARANTEE IT.
You read the man. Everybody should be at this event, because FL is too awesome.

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
AFRO BLAFCK MAN WILL BE THERE, AND I WILL BRING FRIENDS MANY OF WHICH HAVE NEVER PLAYED SMASH, BUT WILL COME TO TALK TRASH ON THIS GAME THEY HAVENT PLAYED AND TO DO THE MCROLL'D DANCE.

Dude imma go

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think it means Overswarm doesn't like being called on his bull****. And Overswarm, good job on condemning an entire region based on a couple people not sucking your ****. Incidentally, I have nothing to do with the Florida Smash community, so your generalization is ridiculous. Orlando is just as far from me (almost) as you. Also, your assumption that I'm angry is ridiculous, as is your assumption that forum behavior dictates interpersonal behavior. Just because you act like a tool online (and so do I, admittedly) doesn't mean we wouldn't get along in person.

On topic. Who wants MMS?
Who condemned an entire region? I was just talking about the people in this thread. Bad company.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Who condemned an entire region? I was just talking about the people in this thread. Bad company.
Well most of the people in this thread are Atlantic South. I think you're really just talking about me and a couple other people. Anyway, I feel a little silly about the whole thing, so whether you come or not, peace.

HYPE
I'm taking MMs up to $10,000

Renth

Smash Hero
we're not starting that who is the real renth **** again.

i've kept a decent relationship with mods lately i intend to keep it that way.

edit:

overswarm, most of the people in FL are really cool you'd like them a lot i promise.

Linguini

Smash Master
we're not starting that who is the real renth **** again.

i've kept a decent relationship with mods lately i intend to keep it that way.

edit:

overswarm, most of the people in FL are really cool you'd like them a lot i promise.
renth,wtf are you gonna pay me a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom