• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmington/Durango Tournament Rankings

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Ferdi for a 0-death combo with T. Link! I'm in love with you. Thanks for giving me hope that Brawl will be pretty high paced and still have combo action in competitive play.

What do you think of the tiers list? And what is the ranks for Brawl in Denver area? (with Aurora)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Ill be heading out towards Denver tomorrow. so its all good, still call me though...

anyways, wish me luck at the gamestop tournament.
... monday showed me how verry much I had to learn. when i first played the game i felt i was verry well matched.

but on monday, even when i was winning against martien and Brice, I felt like they had a better grasp of the game and i was gettig lucky hits off.

**** CATS!!!!

why the frack does everyone have to have a cat? good thing brawl is online, else i would never get better.

... o ya, now i remember.
**** WINDOWS!!!

my PC got attacked mad with... who knows what... I get the blue screen of death every time it starts up.
so i bought a new copy of XP to do a system wipe... only to have the PC say that it cant run XP... even though it has XP on it...

after a day with crappy tech support, I was told that they can not help me because the PC was used and i wasnt the origional owner.

so ya... im going back to mack.
I regret ever giving up my Ibook

the new MacBooks look mad sick... and the pro can handle any RTS.
and RTS games are the only games you should bother a computer for IMO, anything else you can just use a Wii or 360 for.

... what was the point of this rant?
to say that i will be offline for about 5 days untill i get my mac.

well... bye.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Uhm... Zenja... Starcraft 2? Duh, better then speed and smash mixed. imo. If only it weren't for the Koreans making me puke with there speed and skills. I swear, they start games like this:

20 NR FASTEST!!!!1!

So, I figure 20 min. no rush, noobish but wtf right? Yeah. It meant 20 seconds no rush. They are that quick. (Jordan will know what I mean) ((There isn't really 20 seconds no rush, j/k))

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Day of release doesnt work for me, I think Im going to be heading to NM to play in the GS tourney, but anytime after the 12th would be good for me, how bout you zenj? I have to talk to pug and them too.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
If we can't schedule something, there's always WiFi ;)

I like the atmosphere of being in a smashfest though(no I'm not into sausage fests, but smashfests....which are mostly sausage fests....ugh)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
It'll prolly have to be wifi. I don't think Durango has alot of players anymore tho. I pretty much learned all my new techniques and stuff from AZ, so I think I belong to them now XD

Ferdi, as soon as the American release hits we should do a $20.00 mm wifi. I'm sure we could figure the money out. (Unless you are going to be in either Texas or Florida around that time).

@DSC: Has Aaron Burns shown you guys Pendulum yet? They are amazing.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Eh? Ill mop the floor with him any day. Interim has some mental issues he needs to work through anyway, hes on this pedestal of "OH MY GOD IM FROM THE DENVER AREA AND I ROCK." Well... new game, your not that great anymore, werent that great to begin with. Go away Im bored of you, the more he opens that hole on his face the more I just dont want to play against those guys, Im in for a more competative experience not a pig headed middle school feel with brawl, Ill stick to the more mature crowds.

Ganna laugh when they get their ***** handed to them in brawl and the sad realization wipes over them "Oh this isnt melee..."
Lolololol, my ****talk was in good nature. As I very distinctly recall, in Melee, you lost to my cousin, who couldn't have even ranked in our top 15. I really do hope you've improved, because the getting up with attacks/rolling away from the edge every single time really made Durango look bad last time. Or just you.

Lmfao, I don't ever recall stating that I was amazing because I was from the Denver area. Hell, all my jabs at Durango are in good fun. As for the comments about me not being that great before, at least I've managed to take matches from pros. lololololol, gg, have fun with your 0-death combos.

Honestly, I would love for Durango to just own Denver. That would make my day, and I'm not being a sarcastic ******* about it, either. Knowing that there's actual competition in the state that takes more than 15 minutes to reach? That'd be amazing, and it'd be great to have the North vs South rivalry like Cali does.

Honestly though, you remind me a lot of Boss. You spit game like mad, and you can back it up (at least in your mind), but, in the end, you always seem to fall short, and only seem to talk **** when you're sure no one else will hear you. GG, I guess?

Seriously, I just tease, don't be a little ***** and freak out just because you were on the same level as Starfish in SSBM, and can't take a joke. ♥

EDIT: My bad, Boss had the balls to talk **** to my face after getting JV 3 stocked at OC3. Forgot about that for a moment.

SUPER EDIT: Dark Meow, almost all the Peach mains dropped her. Vidjo and Cort hate her, and I don't like her anymore, either. She just handles really clunky right now, and has zero chance against Marth anymore. Zelda's a lot of fun, though, and got some massive buffs. Personally, I'm sticking with Sonic for the time being. ******* is fast.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
played with Zeal, Nite, and Timote last night... and they are quite good, felt like i got much better playing them.

the first 15 or so matches, they let me keep on playing without giving up my controller when i lost... which is good, because at first I was being constantly 3stocked.

Jordon, if you have some trouble with martien's sonic, I wouldnt be jumping into any big MMs with Zeal any time soon. its pretty beastly. I beat it a couple of times, but theres little doubt that he would spank me/us in a competitive match.

Timote used a whole bunch of charcters... many of the ones you use such as PK trainer and olimar. but Ness was his main... all beastly though.
however i will say taht i think that your olimar is better then his... he didnt use olimar much though.

Nite was the worst of the three... which is saying something as his G&W was scary beastly. reminds me of Jarred's G&W.

Mikezor uses DDD as well, but he wasnt there. when I asked Zeal how I compared to Mike, he said that we just played "differently" and that he thought i was a better/more aggressive edgeguarder... but I think there was some subtext of "tilt more, noob!"

we did use the wii-mote/nunchuck for a while... but only for a little while because it sucked so much.
I think my strat for the game stop tournament will be to try to not kill myself by forgetting how to upB...

anyways, allot of the matches were recorded, so they should be up sometime today or tomorrow.
I did some pretty cool things like a FairX4, off the stage, WOP.

EDIT:
by the way, both you and Zeal and cool guys, so take this online ****talking as just that,

EDIT:
by the way, Zeal&co, they are all nerds... well, we all are nerds, but they just give off a strong "nerd" vibe...

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow come up to the "older brother" thread and there's alot of **** talking lol. Too bad Durango couldn't make it to my tournament to solve alot of these arguments. but you know what. Tough crap lol. Get over it. Have fun with Brawl a bit.

SUPER EDIT: Dark Meow, almost all the Peach mains dropped her. Vidjo and Cort hate her, and I don't like her anymore, either. She just handles really clunky right now, and has zero chance against Marth anymore. Zelda's a lot of fun, though, and got some massive buffs. Personally, I'm sticking with Sonic for the time being. ******* is fast.
Sad but true. And Sonic = bad ***. But I can't believe how much better Zelda is in Brawl. She (in my opinion) is better than Shiek!

Just for that, I'm maining Peach.
You show him whats up!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
She really is better than Peach.

I'm searching for the drivers for the capture card right now. Gimme a few days to sort everything out/upload, since my internet has been a ***** lately.

Mikezor's D3 is pretty **** good, but you're more aggressive at edgeguarding. Still, he beat Jeris' Luigi with D3, and that's saying something, given that Jeris owned me at the last tournament.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
ferdi's toon link combo is nice. so are jordan's olimar combos.
ben: what default character would fit my style for the gamestop tourny? im thinking sheik cause she seems to be played similar based on KDJ matches. AND don't be a nub; keep playing melee too.
brandon: our $10 MM is still on right? be ready for kennith as well cause he's improved a lot.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yes he is. Who are the characters that are available from the start again? Kirby, Dedede, Link, Zelda, Ike, Samus and who else?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Ferdi, as soon as the American release hits we should do a $20.00 mm wifi. I'm sure we could figure the money out. (Unless you are going to be in either Texas or Florida around that time).
why do you insist on paying people to play them when you could pust play them by asking?

ben: what default character would fit my style for the gamestop tourny? im thinking sheik cause she seems to be played similar based on KDJ matches. AND don't be a nub; keep playing melee too.
I cant remember if G&W is avalible at the start.
you will love brawl G&W

but I suggest Ike, its not about who can fit your style, but who can best abuse gimpy 1 minute matches...

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Lolololol, my ****talk was in good nature. As I very distinctly recall, in Melee, you lost to my cousin, who couldn't have even ranked in our top 15. I really do hope you've improved, because the getting up with attacks/rolling away from the edge every single time really made Durango look bad last time. Or just you.
ROFL LOLOLOLOL omg you and your cousin beat me like one month in to me getting in to competative play WOW grats, you get the "I am amazing trophy" for that feat. Thats like me bragging about beating zenj, nin, or duha when they lived in durango or I would even go as far as to say me beating my 9 year old niece at goldfish after just explaining the rules.

Lmfao, I don't ever recall stating that I was amazing because I was from the Denver area. Hell, all my jabs at Durango are in good fun. As for the comments about me not being that great before, at least I've managed to take matches from pros. lololololol, gg, have fun with your 0-death combos.
I dont recall saying you stated that, I recall saying you had a complex that gave off that aura though. Well all your jabs at colorado are filtered through to me by other people saying hey "Interim is talking ****" so really - how the hell I am supposed to know that you are taking "jabs in good fun". Refering to my combo and you taking matches from pro's makes completeley no sense at all seeing how they are two different games and "my combo" is actually doing the olimar community some good - maybe not for the 0-death aspect but bieng a skeleton of a combo that unfolds into more. And you taking jabs at my combo makes completley no sense because knocking it is dumb in the first place, because your knocking it for bieng an escapable combo... umm... welcome to yesterday, read threads more, everyone knows its escapable, I put it in all my notes as well. kthxbye .

Honestly, I would love for Durango to just own Denver. That would make my day, and I'm not being a sarcastic ******* about it, either. Knowing that there's actual competition in the state that takes more than 15 minutes to reach? That'd be amazing, and it'd be great to have the North vs South rivalry like Cali does.
Wow for once we share grounds on something - amazing. Yes I really do have a drive to make colorado more competative especially in the southern area that way we dont have to drive 5 hours to play good players which unfortunatley you are. Having a rivalry is awesome as well, as long as it doesnt go sour like this one already seems to be going.

Honestly though, you remind me a lot of Boss. You spit game like mad, and you can back it up (at least in your mind), but, in the end, you always seem to fall short, and only seem to talk **** when you're sure no one else will hear you. GG, I guess?
Dont know boss - so right away you can see how much this means to me.
1. I have a competative attitude as the rest of us smashers do INCLUDING you. I speak my ego proudly to give myself a boost to keep playing even if someone wipes the floor with me. Its the fun of the game and the reason why we compete.

2. I can back it up, I will, and I plan to. Unlike melee Im starting at an even ground with you guys and yes - I plan to win - and if I dont - who cares, practice more - play more - enjoy competative drive more.

3. Talk **** when no one else will hear me? Thats odd, I could have sworn I stuck to my thread because zenj said something, as far as I know you guys can open a thread by the click of a mouse? Or have you got some mental *********** that blocks you from double clicking a link? I dont hide from anyone, Im very open with my opinions on people and what I think. My fault that you guys dont talk to ME directly? Nope.

Seriously, I just tease, don't be a little ***** and freak out just because you were on the same level as Starfish in SSBM, and can't take a joke. ♥
Not freaking out as much as defending durango, cause as I said earlier - all I heard was "Zenj is talking **** about you and durango" To what degree I dont know - so of course Im going to defend my crew, my town, and myself. OH MAN you burned me there with that starfish thing... seriously... I think I might need counceling for that one. I know what my skill level was at my peak, so do many other people. You have no clue dude - you played me once when I was still learning l canceling for god's sake. So you judging my play means **** to me.

EDIT: My bad, Boss had the balls to talk **** to my face after getting JV 3 stocked at OC3. Forgot about that for a moment.
Give me your number, address, whatever you prefer, Ill talk **** directly to you all I want - a lack of medium to do so is not my fault. Good for boss, at least he had the opportunity.

I have no reason to sit here at get in a virtual hissy fit with you. You can sit and take what you dish or honestly stfu. I dont care if you insult me comparing me to other melee players - wow... big deal hahaha. Might as well call me stupid pants or some kindergartner name like that, cause it will mean the exact same to me. Also it loses even more meaning seeing how I dont even play melee anymore rofl.

I want to keep this competative. No more of this crap. Also to durango (zenj) - please tell me more specificly what the **** talking includes and to what degree so **** doesnt hit the fan again. Interim, your a good player I wont take that from you because Ide like to keep to the truth right now - I hope to play you as well as the denver guys in brawl as it seems like its ganna be much more of an interesting go this time around - hopefully wifi wont blow chode. Who the hell is lovo playing as now btw? I dropped link faster than my pants in front of jessica alba after I played him for a bit. Did he stick with him?

Zenj - GL in the GS tourney as well as the rest of you denver guys - wont be able to make it, I work and couldnt get it off to drive down to NM. We need to play when you get back and we have 2 new brawlers including dan. Dan is good O_O for how short of time he played it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
the transaction really was fairly innocent. not worth drama... here it is.

He also has a 0-death combo, right, Zenjamin? lolololololol
LOL.
STFU Zeal.

Textbook was trying that combo against people who really weren't as good as him.

iv played him and since. He knows that that paticular combo doesnt really work ... or, at least not by the definition of it being 100% reliable. but i can tell you that he is mad good for how long he has played.

LOL.
STFU Zeal.

Textbook was trying that combo against people who really weren't as good as him.

iv played him and since. He knows that that paticular combo doesnt really work ... or, at least not by the definition of it being 100% reliable. but i can tell you that he is mad good for how long he has played. in Durango.
Fix'd

lololololololol

Also, Sonic really does kill Pikmin the fastest. One spin, and they're all off him.

ya, so it seems to have started out innocent enough, but it escalated...

no matter, it two days, all of this **** can be settled with wii-codes
also zeal, i suggest NOT taking Jordon up on giving him your address... just look at his name, HES A FU*KING NINJA!
You dont want to wake up with a throwing star in your throat, do you?

*passes around the peace pipe with Boulder weed in it*
*puts on some music*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N224x9CXQu8

PS:
bad news, I had to get my mom to lend me credit for my new computer untill my loan goes through... but she wouldnt do it unless I shaved my beard off.
:'(

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Worse yet, Textbooks. D: D: D:

2. I can back it up, I will, and I plan to. Unlike melee Im starting at an even ground with you guys and yes - I plan to win - and if I dont - who cares, practice more - play more - enjoy competative drive more.
Good attitude. I thought you were of the mindset that Durango owns the hell outta Denver already, when most of us haven't even played, and was bored, so I decided to just textwall about Denver, lololol. My comment on getting outta the combo was like... 2 days after it was posted, so it wasn't exactly too out of date.

LoVo might be dropping Link, too. He's really pissed about almost everything about Link, and has been looking at Wolf (LoVo is a misspelling of Lobo, which is Wolf in Spanish, if anyone didn't catch that). He's played the least out of everyone aside from Chap or Jeris, though, so we'll see. The zair might make Link playable, I hope.

Side note on Boss, he's pretty much a So Cal ripoff of King (just look at his name). He's not bad, but he camps a ****ton, and gets really pissy when he loses, especially to people he thinks he's better than (read: everyone. He thought he could beat Forward, lololol). I barely beat him in pools (though he wrote it as him 2-0'ing me, I still made it out), then took him outta losers with a delightful 2-0 ending in a JV 3 stock. Good times, all I did was camp with Fox, and he thought he could outcamp with Jiggs. One of my fondest memories, aside from getting random Peach groupies because of my FC combos. XD

Hey, you guys should come to King of the Springs. It's gonna be in (OMG) Colorado Springs, so it should only be 4 hours of drivetime for you, roughly. I'll link if anyone is interested.

Big Blue is NOT a random neutral. Tim was joking and said DFG should add it, and DFG doesn't exactly know the game, so he did. We're working to fix the havoc he's caused. --;

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Zen-jamin, you're a cool guy. Even though you only beat my DeDeDe once, I can see yours being better than mine very shortly after the release. Anyway, we should play online sometime. Hopefully I will get to see you and the rest of Durango at some tournament someday.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Thanks much man,in general, yu seemed a way chill guy as well.
also, thanks for the complement about my DDD, but I just wasnt "feeling it" last night if you know what I mean.

no Jhons, you could spank me, and I think last night you could have kept me from beating your DDD at all if you put your effort into it...
but I was just "feeling" the matches I had with Zeal about a week prior... hopefully they can get some good matches up to see if theres a visable difference.

anyways, I to hope to get together at some tournament in the future... not sure ill ever be verry good though, school and other aspects of "life" are starting to take more and more of my attention.

also, how do you find your wii-friend code?

EDIT"
HarHarHar TBNJ!

I have brawl, and you dont!

.... wait, ya you do, youve had it for over a month.

.... well, har har har, i can listen to american Fox... ya...

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
by the waw Jordon, as a pvp person, i assume you have vent? do you have a channel we could smash in? If not, there is always skype... who says brawl doesnt have voice chat?

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
lol at our match ben. hopefully they fix lag problems. maybe dallas to durango is pushing it though. yall should add me anyway. i added jordan and paul.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
wow... that match was utter bull-****...
what was that, 15 minutes to do 60 damage and then get DCed?

well, at least i did more damage, proving that Durango>Texas.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Aight, so Brawl is actually pretty cool, competitive as I liked. I can't make up my mind on who to main, I'm thinking a peach, but really Lucario has my eyes dazzled. I'm in love. <3

@Jordan & Zenja: I can play, and have an extra copy of brawl (in english, what a ****in bonus right?) so I was thinking of having a tourney at zenja's. I know about 7 people that would want to show up for a tournament, and I'm sure Albq. would come for an all nighter tourney. However, I don't wanna do Brawl exclusive if Albq comes, Melee was amazing and no one should forget about that. So yeah, set it up Zenjamin, for a saturday (or better yet) a friday. Look forward to [strike]destroying[/strike] playing your pickman Jordan. *Oh, and I always mm because it increases my funds to eat food and drink mountain dew with. I enjoy money. And thanks to Light I think I'm prepared to win against anyone. Maybe even bluezaft if I work at it.

@Ken: Wario sucks **** liar.

@PAUL AND ANYONE ELSE THAT MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP:::::::!!!:::

Alright, so I'm pro at becoming dependent on other people. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I need a ride from Albuquerque this coming tuesday or wednesday. I will provide gas money. If anyone has Paul's phone number, they should give it to me. (No offense to anyone for preferring BTK's car, it's just a fly ride and I can smoke o_^)

Gimme a call at :: 480 - 430 - 1639 *Just ask for Dark Meow or Brandon*

*** FINAL P.S. *** Textbook is way cooler then interim.

Top Bottom